Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,272 members, 7,818,930 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Kogi In Disarray, I Weep For My Dear State. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi In Disarray, I Weep For My Dear State. (2576 Views)

Abba Kyari, IRT Police Team In Disarray Over Igp Promotion After Evans’ Arrest / Nnamdi Kanu Should Be Arrested For Including Kogi In Biafra- Kogi Group / Jonathan’s PDP Peace Meeting Ends In Disarray (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Kogi In Disarray, I Weep For My Dear State. by Ucheosefoh(m): 12:20am On Jul 11, 2016
Season of weeping una never see anything when few states were electing administrators others were electing politicians.
Re: Kogi In Disarray, I Weep For My Dear State. by jamace(m): 1:57pm On Jul 22, 2016
Swiftlee:
After reading a pathetic write up by a nairalander about his state Ebonyi through www.nairaland.com/3213807/weep-state-ebonyi-wisdomkosi I was so sad, down casted, frustrated and confused at the state of governance and insensitivity majorlly on those we call our leaders/representatives.

I am an indigene of Kogi state residing in the same state. I must confess that the state is one of the most unlucky not because we dont have resources but with sets of leaders so far since creation in 1991. The state has so far been governed by selfish people neglecting the plight for which they are elected with reckless abandon. This is a strategically located state with several Nigerians plying through because it is the Confluence state where Niger and Benue meets and also a state that merges some northern and southern states at least 11 states share boundary with it.

Recently Governorship poll was conducted and the people in the state where happy chasing the immediate past governor away because he was lazy in terms of the civil service welfare. He owed a month salary before each month is paid. What I mean is, one month is usually outstanding when salaries for the present month is paid. The workers got furious and also happy he left at least they would get paid it time since the new man is young and Nigerians have been crying for when youths will lead us.

We all know and fully aware of political pandemonium in Kogi that brought Yaya Bello the present head of the state. No need to tell all those stories any more. When came like a gentle man looking for who to help, but now, Kogi State is in disarray.

Few months into his administration, he commenced a screening that has not come to an end till date. The annoying part is, he is owing all state workers 7months salary. I mean 7 months sir/ma. Well, the bail out of 50Billion naira has been approved and 20Billion has been paid to the states account of which the governor acknowledges. www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/north-central/202721-cbn-approves-n20-billion-bailout-kogi.html What type of wickedness is this? The whole state has been on strike for months and there seems to be no head way soon because workers are demanding for their rights and the state has remained adamant to their plea.

Please, how can a governor spend, sorry squander Millions naira on just a day's birthday anniversary? When his states workers are starving?
This governor wants to remove everybody that is remaining 5years to retire and those employed since 2010 till date. I have never seen such before. In this type of economy where things are hard these and more are happening in my dear state. Just feeling angry and frustrated because no body is saying anything not even the upper house is calling anybody to other. May God help us.
Why has Kogi NLC and in deed the people of Kogi state failed to demand for the state annual budget to be publicised? Don't you think monitoring of the govt implementation of budget will be more open and accurately appraised by the citizen?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Quit Notice: Call For Arrest Of Arewa Youths Unpatriotic —kwankwaso / Tinubu Hangsout Wit James Ibori As He Attend Orji Uzor Kalu's Daughter's Wedding / Updated Pictures From The 2nd Niger Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.