Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

Traditional Marriage And Wedding- Which One Is Most Important With Reason - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Traditional Marriage And Wedding- Which One Is Most Important With Reason (4367 Views)

Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage / Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? / View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traditional Marriage And Wedding- Which One Is Most Important With Reason by Rogo: 11:04am On Sep 10, 2009
HELLO BIG BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN THE HOUSE

I CAME ACROSS A SURPRISING ISSUE WHEN I WENT TO VISIT MY SPOUSE'S PASTOR FOR THE ARRANGEMENT OF OUR WEDDING THAT IS COMING UP SOON. HE TOLD US TO PAY THE SUM OF FIFTEEN THOUSAND NAIRA BEFORE THE CHURCH WILL MAKE PREPARATION FOR OUR WEDDING CEREMONY. NOW, MY QUESTION IS WHERE IS THE CHURCH TAKING US TO? IS IT SO IMPORTANT THAT ONE MUST DO IT IN THE CHURCH? AND WHY MUST THE CHURCH REQUEST FOR MONEY EVEN WHEN THEIR MEMBER IS GETTING MARRIED?. YOUR VIEW PLEASE.
Re: Traditional Marriage And Wedding- Which One Is Most Important With Reason by Pittbaby(f): 3:55pm On Sep 10, 2009
I am also getting married and as far as i know the church usually charges a nominal fee which is given to the church workers (ushers, choir memebers etc) that will help setup for your wedding . The question on traditional marriage vs Church marriage depends on you  and your belief. As far as I am concerned

The wedding is legal before man based on whe wedding certificate issued my the state , which you can not marry in the church without
legal by custom and tradition through the Traditional wedding
blessed by god when you do the church blessing ( note I said blessing and not wedding )

There is no part of the bible that says that you must have a church ceremony with several people before you are married , I believe the anglican church offers something called a service of blessing that is a small ceremony that can be restricted to family members or can even be done at the registry with your pastor present
Re: Traditional Marriage And Wedding- Which One Is Most Important With Reason by Raymond4kc: 7:14pm On Nov 21, 2009
Traditional marriage is the most important. Marriage is contracted as soon as the Father of the lady hands over the daughter to the man, and that is more regarded before God. Now, to let everybody know that u are now MARRIED  u can use the church as a means for that and that is what is called the CHURCH WEDDING. This can be done on a small-scale , Medium-scale, or Big-scale basis. Notice that no BIBLE BELIEVING CHURCH can arrange for the CHURCH WEDDING when the Traditional wedding has not been done.  TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE SUPASSES.

I rest my case here !
Re: Traditional Marriage And Wedding- Which One Is Most Important With Reason by coolier(f): 9:02pm On Nov 21, 2009
Traditional marriage is important in some communities but note that it is not legal under the law, meaning either of the couple can still later get married to someone else in church or registry(and would not broken any law) and that second marriage will supersede the traditional one.

Church marriage is however legal and either partner needs to divorce in a court of law to annul it. But then one can choose to marry in the Registry which is also binding under the law, and then go to church for blessings.

Strange, I didn't know churches now request for money to contract marriages!
Re: Traditional Marriage And Wedding- Which One Is Most Important With Reason by N101: 12:51am On Nov 22, 2009
@ Rogo

Fifteen thousand Naira sounds like an awful lot of money just for the church wedding.  Have you asked why or did you just accept what you were told?
Re: Traditional Marriage And Wedding- Which One Is Most Important With Reason by Fhemmmy: 6:44am On Nov 23, 2009
Different strokes.
Re: Traditional Marriage And Wedding- Which One Is Most Important With Reason by tRoOE(f): 6:58am On Nov 23, 2009
For me both are highly important wink
@poster
15g so kini big deal, that is roughly $150
that doesn't sound like a lot
Re: Traditional Marriage And Wedding- Which One Is Most Important With Reason by Sissy3(f): 7:14am On Nov 23, 2009
wedding is more important not everyone/state/country etc would recognize traditional marriage. TM is still good though
Re: Traditional Marriage And Wedding- Which One Is Most Important With Reason by Fhemmmy: 7:18am On Nov 23, 2009
~Sissy~:

wedding is more important not everyone/state/country etc would recognize traditional marriage. TM is still good though

Nice one, but we yet to even figure out why people get married
Re: Traditional Marriage And Wedding- Which One Is Most Important With Reason by Sissy3(f): 7:19am On Nov 23, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Nice one, but we yet to even figure out why people get married

Lol. people marry for many different reasons while others marry for no tangible reason
Re: Traditional Marriage And Wedding- Which One Is Most Important With Reason by Fhemmmy: 7:21am On Nov 23, 2009
~Sissy~:

Lol. people marry for many different reasons while others marry for no tangible reason
True Dat, but all the reasons that i have seen/heard are just not good enuf, cos these are all reasons that cld have been even while dating.
Except the Godly reasons
Re: Traditional Marriage And Wedding- Which One Is Most Important With Reason by Sissy3(f): 7:34am On Nov 23, 2009
what reasons do u have in mind that werent satisfying to you?
Re: Traditional Marriage And Wedding- Which One Is Most Important With Reason by Fhemmmy: 7:36am On Nov 23, 2009
That is why i would like to know why we get married, cos i have search within and not sure.
Re: Traditional Marriage And Wedding- Which One Is Most Important With Reason by Sissy3(f): 7:55am On Nov 23, 2009
u have a thread about it? iwill reply there
Re: Traditional Marriage And Wedding- Which One Is Most Important With Reason by Fhemmmy: 5:08pm On Nov 23, 2009
ok ^^

(1) (Reply)

Guys, Here Are 5 Reasons Why You Should Be A Baby Daddy. / Living In The Same Single Room With Ur Wife And Ur Male Friend:pls Advise! / Igbo Ladies, How True Is This? ( PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.