Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,060 members, 7,818,175 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! (24560 Views)

How Many Years Driving Experience Do I Need To Drive From Abuja To Ibadan / Driving from the south east to the south west. / Anyone Here Got Tips For Someone Driving From Lagos To Abuja? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by ejagbangba: 8:54pm On Jul 10, 2016
chiebube1:
I am planning to do Abuja to Lagos by road in a few weeks time. Please, i will need helpful suggestions on a) route to take: I have driven from Lagos to east severally but Lagos is farther.

b) state of the roads this rainy season.

c) effectiveness of new tinted permit on Nigerian roads cos i have the old tint permit.

d) Custom wahala. I have a custom papers. Paid about N187,500 for 2000 sienna in 2012.

Many thanks.
d bestway is to pass through ekiti state and link kogi state(from lagos to ibadan and ibadan-akure expressway,divert at iwaraja shortly after iloko-ijesha road.just go straight to link aramoko ekiti,ijero ekiti,and link ifaki-ikole ekiti road.just go straight or ask ur way to kabba,a straight and direct road though.u have two options wen u get to kabba,u either make use of okenne and link lokoja or u take kabba obajana road to link lokoja.i will implore u to apply okenne road being ur first time because obajana road isn't dat ok but i always use it as am somehow familiar with it)
i hope u can find ur way to abj from lokoja?
Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by tayorh(m): 9:12pm On Jul 10, 2016
olarhtunji:
i Am driving from Ikeja Along to Computer Village advice needed please
Lwkmd
Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by Btruth: 9:50pm On Jul 10, 2016
Olayinkaoj:
Abuja- Lokoja-Okenne-Ibilo-Owo-Akure-Ibadan-Lagos. 10 hours minimum
Best description so far. But @ Okene be very very careful. Then another point to be extremely careful is when you are approaching a town call Isua in Ondo state. Too many hills there and too many curve roads too. Drive with ease, there's nothing to really be afraid of. For me, I prefer driving myself within Nigeria than flying in it.

Safe trip.

1 Like

Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by Btruth: 9:52pm On Jul 10, 2016
ejagbangba:
d bestway is to pass through ekiti state and link kogi state(from lagos to ibadan and ibadan-akure expressway,divert at iwaraja shortly after iloko-ijesha road.just go straight to link aramoko ekiti,ijero ekiti,and link ifaki-ikole ekiti road.just go straight or ask ur way to kabba,a straight and direct road though.u have two options wen u get to kabba,u either make use of okenne and link lokoja or u take kabba obajana road to link lokoja.i will implore u to apply okenne road being ur first time because obajana road isn't dat ok but i always use it as am somehow familiar with it)
i hope u can find ur way to abj from lokoja?
it's the other way round. He's driving from Abuja to Lagos.
Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by gbame(m): 11:08pm On Jul 10, 2016
Use Google
Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by holocron: 11:10pm On Jul 10, 2016
Richy4:
I know that GPS is the best thing that could happen to a driver.... Just want to know, does it mean that GPS does not work in Nigeria?

It works. Just that many roads are bad, and some not even passable. The bad roads are not indicated on the navigation map, and the gps might direct you there. There is need for more information based on ground experience.

1 Like

Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by Richy4(m): 11:16pm On Jul 10, 2016
holocron:

It works. Just that many roads are bad, and some not even passable. The bad roads are not indicated on the navigation map, and the gps might direct you there. There is need for more information based on ground experience.

Thanks man..that means i will find it very hard in Nigeria because i can't do without that...

1 Like

Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by catso(m): 12:09am On Jul 11, 2016
The first time I did Abuja - Lagos was in 1997. I went to Jabi park and beg one of the transport company to give me two passenger that knows the route to keep me company and to make sure that I didn't miss the road. The guy oblige me, gave me two passenger but gave me only one passenger T-fare. Fair deal to me, and the two guys were great company till we get to Lagos.

The best route is still Abuja- Lokoja-Okenne-Ibilo-Owo-Akure-Ibadan-Lagos I still ply that route two weeks ago to Lagos. Though, there are other routes but I think this is more straightforward.

1 Like

Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by AbuSaad39(m): 6:06pm On Jul 11, 2016
Ymodulus:

Sir your there is nothing like a car having a Google Map Bluetooth.

Google Map Bluetooth feature is on Google Map and not a car feature.
however Bluetooth is a car feature. If his car does not have enough a Bluetooth he can use Auxiliary cord. It's as simple as A - Z
Okay I heard you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Dumps BF After Discovering His Porsche Cayenne Is Actually China-made / Land Rover Launches Land Rover Defender Works V8 To Celebrate 70th Anniversary / Iceland Tests ‘floating’ Zebra Crossing To Slow Down Speeding Drivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.