Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,618 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

Why Do We Still Call Our Pastors Father, Daddy, Spiritual Father , Teacher Etc - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do We Still Call Our Pastors Father, Daddy, Spiritual Father , Teacher Etc (460 Views)

You Disobey Jesus Whenever You Say Someone Is Your Spiritual Father / Prophet Bernard Siam: Stop Calling Me Spiritual Father If You Don’t Pay Me Tithe / Why Is Your Spiritual Father So Different From Your Earthly Father: Daddy Freeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Still Call Our Pastors Father, Daddy, Spiritual Father , Teacher Etc by Nasa28(m): 8:09am On Jul 10, 2016
New Living Translation Matthew 23:8-10

“Don’t let anyone call you ‘Rabbi,’ for you have
only one teacher, and all of you are equal as
brothers and sisters. And don’t address anyone
here on earth as ‘Father,’ for only God in heaven is
your spiritual Father. And don’t let anyone call you
‘Teacher,’ for you have only one teacher, the
Messiah.

so why are we still doing it?

does it mean we don't care or we have decides to
overlook that portion of the Bible?

what about our pastors, can't they correct us??
are they enjoying the honour despite the fact that
its wrong?
pls I need answers.........
Re: Why Do We Still Call Our Pastors Father, Daddy, Spiritual Father , Teacher Etc by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 10, 2016
Respect, that's why.
Re: Why Do We Still Call Our Pastors Father, Daddy, Spiritual Father , Teacher Etc by tempem: 8:14am On Jul 10, 2016
Deceit..
They are simply enjoying it.
And the followers are ignorantly adressing them as such..

Often heard people say, "my daddy said" my pastor said" and not "The Bible Says!!"

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Still Call Our Pastors Father, Daddy, Spiritual Father , Teacher Etc by dollyjoy(f): 8:19am On Jul 10, 2016
What annoys me most is when an elderly person calls the pastor's wife who is within the same age range with her daughter "mummy" Like,what in heaven's name is that?

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Still Call Our Pastors Father, Daddy, Spiritual Father , Teacher Etc by Omotayor123(f): 8:24am On Jul 10, 2016
dollyjoy:
What annoys me most is when an elderly person calls the pastor's wife who is within the same age range with her daughter "mummy" Like,what in heaven's name is that?
grin grin grin
Re: Why Do We Still Call Our Pastors Father, Daddy, Spiritual Father , Teacher Etc by Nasa28(m): 8:24am On Jul 10, 2016
dollyjoy:

I knew within me that it was wrong to address them like that even before I found this scripture.

Many pastors have relegated Jesus and promoted themselves.........

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Still Call Our Pastors Father, Daddy, Spiritual Father , Teacher Etc by dollyjoy(f): 8:26am On Jul 10, 2016
Re: Why Do We Still Call Our Pastors Father, Daddy, Spiritual Father , Teacher Etc by Nasa28(m): 8:27am On Jul 10, 2016
some " Christians" don't want to hear the truth. even wen u tell , They will find a way to justify it...

so so so annoying

(1) (Reply)

Daddy GO Will Come & Pray For, Moving Tribute Of Slain Deaconess First Daughter / Taking Selfie With The Spirit (photo) / Judicial Panel Indicts Nigerian Army General, Others For Zaria Massacre Of Shiit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.