Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,455 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online (27289 Views)

Fani-kayode Blasts New York Times Over Trump's "Comment" About Nigerians / Ellen Johnson Sirleaf's Statue In Owerri Already Causing Uproar Ahead Of Visit / Mark Zuckerberg: FFK And Reno Omokri Spar On Facebook Over Comment About Hausa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by HoneyB10(f): 8:02pm On Jul 10, 2016
All this unfortunate oyibo mtcheww
Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by omolola15(m): 8:04pm On Jul 10, 2016
The guy is a total idiot.
Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by Bluffly: 8:05pm On Jul 10, 2016
beautyoftheLord:
My goodness! Nigerians before you start abusing try and get your spellings and tenses right. Abeg! This is too embarrassing please. Horrible English both written and spoken.
please get a life. Can they speak your own language? Even in England, there are illiterates who cannot read nor write. So what led to embarrassment. Free yourself from a slavery mind set

4 Likes

Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 10, 2016
this is a case of two brothers fighting, a stranger comes and starts to fight one,the other brother forgets about the fight he was having with his brother and joins forces with his brother to fight the stranger after which the two brothers resume their fight, nobody but us can insult ourselves, if a foreigner tries it,he is in hot soup

2 Likes

Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by validstar1: 8:11pm On Jul 10, 2016
LastMumu:
I went through all the replies by the so called 'patriotic' Africans and all I could see was low self-esteem and emotional cry babies. The guy is right all through.

Is 100m pounds not too much for just one player when a lot of countries are going hungry in this generation?

Are there not many poverty-stricken African nations this money could have helped?

Is Pogba truly worth 100m fucking pounds?
Yes but ur cerebrum is FAULTY because u have d guts 2 support a spoilt brat lucky 2 be born an European insulting Africans after they colonised & paralyzed our resources.U are a FOOLISH DUDE painting Africa in bad & incorrect light

4 Likes

Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by victme1(m): 8:12pm On Jul 10, 2016
Obas101:

If i tell you Wetin dey my mind ehn e go result to insults grin but jst manage dis one ehn, u no get sense nd u lack self esteem

@ lastmumu, I now agree that "oruko man roni" means name in Yoruba language is a harbinger of ones personality. Lastmumu! heheheheh

1 Like

Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by keeenee: 8:15pm On Jul 10, 2016
LastMumu:
I went through all the replies by the so called 'patriotic' Africans and all I could see was low self-esteem and emotional cry babies. The guy is right all through.

Is 100m pounds not too much for just one player when a lot of countries are going hungry in this generation?

Are there not many poverty-stricken African nations this money could have helped?

@Lastmumu: me think u get sense small and some balls too. #intelligenceoveremotions
Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by SailorXY: 8:15pm On Jul 10, 2016
beautyoftheLord:
My goodness! Nigerians before you start abusing try and get your spellings and tenses right. Abeg! This is too embarrassing please. Horrible English both written and spoken.
Keep quiet there. English na your grandpapa language?

4 Likes

Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by macaranta(m): 8:16pm On Jul 10, 2016
Well the dude had a point ...but his delivery wasn't good.
Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by cornel994(m): 8:16pm On Jul 10, 2016
beautyoftheLord:
oh pls
Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by banmee(m): 8:17pm On Jul 10, 2016
Nigerians hate the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by Opiletool(m): 8:20pm On Jul 10, 2016
beautyoftheLord:

Sometimes i wonder why Nigerians take so much pride in the ability to write eloquently or speak proficiently a foreign language but see no big deal when they woefully fail their own mother tongue in WAEC or NECO. What matters most is intelligible communication, and those guys have passed their individual messages across.

1 Like

Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by Onegai(f): 8:23pm On Jul 10, 2016
That £100mil would have at last transformed out Education sector, so that one wouldn't wonder if those replying him (who are all most likely "graduates" ) would at least be able to reply him like people who learned the official language of their country: English is the national language of Nigeria, you know.

That £100mil could have given a transformer to this guy in a tertiary university: https://www.nairaland.com/3217893/how-iron-clothes-ogwashi-uku

The same people insulting him are wondering how to cross the desert and swim to Europe or travel to the U.S. on a tourist visa and find a elderly person to marry.

But yeah, let's defend our pride!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by cardoctor(m): 8:23pm On Jul 10, 2016
It's true but not well said.
Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by doe: 8:26pm On Jul 10, 2016
Nigerians exhibiting more stupidity. The whole point of the fellas post has been lost. Na wa.
Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by leahcimzil: 8:36pm On Jul 10, 2016
the only question i've got is..... ''was he wrong?''

2 Likes

Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by ayaside(m): 8:37pm On Jul 10, 2016
Smiles about the comments.When an éAfrican reaches some form of stardom and s/he is about to be rewarded.. Some "concerned" folks air their views.Let's check history and see how much the White folks have contributed in helping African nations. If you don't know BLACK HISTORY prior to the slave trade.Shut tha hell up.Education is good but we know it also brainwashes

1 Like

Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by quickly: 8:38pm On Jul 10, 2016
LastMumu:

Who is paying pogba money?

Stadium fans

And TV fans.

Nigerians Pay dstv and dstv pay EPL.

what about Chinese, or Indian etc

Samsung, AON, emirates etc also pay millions to advertise.

Footballers or sportsmen are entertainers.

1 Like

Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by emmysoftyou: 8:41pm On Jul 10, 2016
LastMumu:

Obviously because he is a Saints fan and his club Southampton only recently sold Mane for 35m pounds (highest selling price for a player in the club's history). Nothing racist about his comment.

There are but African nations seem to be worse off. You can't blame the dude, everyday he is watching the news, Africa is projected as a poor continent with videos of malnourished and dying babies with people living in abject poverty. The guy is just concerned why 100m pounds will be wasted on one player while people are dying of hunger elsewhere.

Okay you guys took offense because he specifically mentioned African nations? Sorry ehn, I apologize on the guy's behalf. I'm sure he didn't mean to sound condescending, maybe he made a mistake generalizing.
guy I feel your points, the truth is that we Nigerian see them as a racist, hence misunderstood the dude. but the guy made mistake by generalizing it, maybe he thought African is just one nation. but truth be told, majority of African countries re stricken in poverty.
Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by vindisick: 8:42pm On Jul 10, 2016
validstar1:
Yes but ur cerebrum is FAULTY because u have d guts 2 support a spoilt brat lucky 2 be born an European insulting Africans after they colonised & paralyzed our resources.U are a FOOLISH DUDE painting Africa in bad & incorrect light
am disappointed in you
Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by Hillarie(m): 8:43pm On Jul 10, 2016
But seriously, some Africans can disgrace us o.. Especially Nigerians.. What the guy even said has no relationship with Racism. He said the truth sef. And see them with blunders. Smh..
Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by saintdennis(m): 8:44pm On Jul 10, 2016
When next African leaders go "hat-in-hand" to beg usa, UK, e.u for aid they will show him this screenshot.

Useless proud nigerians. Instead of correcting the dude who obviously had got intentions but has been led astray by british media presentation of africa u guys criticising him

Mtcheeew! Even the dull boy couldn't type decent english
Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by Totfulguy: 8:47pm On Jul 10, 2016
hyzich:
Christopher glee got more than what he bargained for when he commented on sky sport page on Facebook regarding £100m investment on Paul pogba by Manchester United. He said the money could feed a poverty stricken African nation for a decade.
below are the replies he got from patriotic Africans.

I understand the rage and outrage when others call you out. They call us poor African countries and we are upset. What do our leaders "call" us when they treat us as fools? Which is worse? Being called poor or being treated as poor, foolish and worthless?
Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by LaExpert: 8:50pm On Jul 10, 2016
The truth really hurts.
Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by manuel80(m): 8:50pm On Jul 10, 2016
the guy talk the thing wey pass e own
Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by ifeomaekol(f): 8:51pm On Jul 10, 2016
midolian:
Do you know the owners of the so called English don't even care if you use it well? Do you?
All they care about is that it serves it purpose..which is effective communication.

You ll hardly see an instance where d whiteman will complain Or make jest over a wrong use of English. It amazes me why we do so. Have you ever condemned anyone for speaking your own language wrongly?
no mind am.

1 Like

Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by LaExpert: 9:04pm On Jul 10, 2016
emmysoftyou:
guy I feel your points, the truth is that we Nigerian see them as a racist, hence misunderstood the dude. but the guy made mistake by generalizing it, maybe he thought African is just one nation. but truth be told, majority of African countries re stricken in poverty.

That's the problem, Nigerians taking the truth to be an issue.

The guy simply expressed his frustration at the way money is being wasted when there are serious and pressing poverty problems in Africa. He actually means well for those that are making an issue out of it.

...and he did not take Africa to be one nation neither did he generalize anything...or even make a racist reference. I wonder how some read that piece and think in that direction.
Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by Mickchillz(m): 9:09pm On Jul 10, 2016
Oh lawd! I would rather those africans on twitter stayed shut than display how misplaced their written skills are. Those saying it doesn't matter because english isn't our language; do you know in as much as those guys had spoken their minds to the white dude, he unfortunately wouldn't even understand 40 percent of what he read. So what's the point ranting if the person you're blabbing to doesn't even know what you're talking about. Just as you see in the foreign movies and get thrilled by the western world, so it is as they watch on the news, taking in what the news reports have to say about places they can't reach; unfortunately africa hardly gets impressive reviews. Africans should humble themselves and work towards making the african nations worth being proud about, instead of blabbing upandan. Mumu people talking about our local language, go and use it to communicate naw and forget foreign languages that creates connectivity across all parts of the world and see if you all won't remain in darkness. They are wise to realise how essential it is to be multilingual that they themselves try to be proficient in other languages. Africans with pride for nothing. Its actual poverty and low self esteem that will weaken people's minds to think they can't do more to help their written and spoken english skills, that they end up thinking their local language is enough and hoping one day pidgin english would go official. Your local dialect would go worldwide until you give the world a reason to see the need to learn it and make it something major. These whites have worked so hard for where they are today, in my own opinion, less blabbing and more work would do the trick.

1 Like

Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by LaExpert: 9:11pm On Jul 10, 2016
validstar1:
Yes but ur cerebrum is FAULTY because u have d guts 2 support a spoilt brat lucky 2 be born an European insulting Africans after they colonised & paralyzed our resources. U are a FOOLISH DUDE painting Africa in bad & incorrect light

They've stopped colonising you for over 55years now, isn't that enough time for you to rebuild and be successful?

Nigeria was actually better off when it was being colonised than now that we're self governed... do you disagree?

I'm really disappointed you're angry at someone that made a point.
Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by vislabraye(m): 9:14pm On Jul 10, 2016
LastMumu:

Obviously because he is a Saints fan and his club Southampton only recently sold Mane for 35m pounds (highest selling price for a player in the club's history). Nothing racist about his comment.

There are but African nations seem to be worse off. You can't blame the dude, everyday he is watching the news, Africa is projected as a poor continent with videos of malnourished and dying babies with people living in abject poverty. Everyday he reads in the papers and watch in the news how UNESCO and USAID beg people to donate funds to feed hungry and dying kids in faraway Africa. The guy is just concerned why 100m pounds will be wasted on one player while people are dying of hunger elsewhere.

Okay you guys took offense because he specifically mentioned African nations? Sorry ehn, I apologize on the guy's behalf. I'm sure he didn't mean to sound condescending, maybe he made a mistake generalizing.

What concerns Africa with how Man. U spends it's money ? Out of point. If you are happy to hear someone insult your household, that is you. Not everyone will take that.

2 Likes

Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by monitoragent: 9:14pm On Jul 10, 2016
Dont worry glee.
We will open d pit of hell forU.
Kontinu
hyzich:
Christopher glee got more than what he bargained for when he commented on sky sport page on Facebook regarding £100m investment on Paul pogba by Manchester United. He said the money could feed a poverty stricken African nation for a decade.
below are the replies he got from patriotic Africans.
Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by Beamborla(f): 9:21pm On Jul 10, 2016
The guy said nothing but the truth. Africa is poverty stricken. Nigeria is rich yet an average man in Britain is a rich man here in Nigeria.

If the mentioned amount of money was brought down to Nigeria and invested in youths with great business ideas, I'm sure we all know how much difference it would make in our society.

Don't blame him. The foreign media is not saying anything nice about Africa and the poor 'spoilt Briton' is only exposed to what the media feed him with. Even our own local media can make you hate Nigeria.

I see no reason why anyone should hurl insults at him. We have done nothing but assert the dude's/worlds impression about Africa especially Nigeria to anyone who stumbles upon the post and the responses therein. They reek of sentiment and lack substance.

They could even conclude that we are poverty stricken in mind as well.

'The first step to healing is to agree that you are sick'

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bala Mohammed Bags Best Governor In The North & 2nd Place Nationally / Osun Election: Aregbesola’s Men Worked For Me - Adeleke / Oil Theft: Navy Arrests Tompolo’s Men, Firm Kicks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.