Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,920 members, 7,821,221 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online (27291 Views)

Fani-kayode Blasts New York Times Over Trump's "Comment" About Nigerians / Ellen Johnson Sirleaf's Statue In Owerri Already Causing Uproar Ahead Of Visit / Mark Zuckerberg: FFK And Reno Omokri Spar On Facebook Over Comment About Hausa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by litaninja(m): 9:25pm On Jul 10, 2016
The irony....people that most likely live on less than a dollar / day making so much noise about not being poor.

2 Likes

Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jul 10, 2016
vislabraye:

What concerns Africa with how Man. U spends it's money ? Out of point. If you are happy to hear someone insult your household, that is you. Not everyone will take that.

When next your African leaders go abroad begging for foreign aids and they tell them there is no money, know the needed funds were pumped into something more important like buying Pogba for 100m pounds and paying players like Rooney three hundred thousand pounds a week. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by codemaniacs: 9:36pm On Jul 10, 2016
Onegai:
That £100mil would have at last transformed out Education sector, so that one wouldn't wonder if those replying him (who are all most likely "graduates" ) would at least be able to reply him like people who learned the official language of their country: English is the national language of Nigeria, you know.

That £100mil could have given a transformer to this guy in a tertiary university: https://www.nairaland.com/3217893/how-iron-clothes-ogwashi-uku

The same people insulting him are wondering how to cross the desert and swim to Europe or travel to the U.S. on a tourist visa and find a elderly person to marry.

But yeah, let's defend our pride!

If u know how rich Nigeria is.. U won't be saying this..

1 Like

Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by musicwriter(m): 9:39pm On Jul 10, 2016
This's why all you that worship white people should have your brains examined. White people (though not all) have no respect for you as a black man; especially Britain, France, US, Portugal, Spain. These countries birthed crime to this world, enslaved our ancestors, created fake countries, created fake governments and puppets, created fake education to brainwash you, created poverty in third world countries. Germany and Italy deserve a mention as well.

As you can see they have no reason to respect us.

If we want them respect us, we must give them back their education and language and re-invent education based on our own terms; like China, Russia, Korea, Japan, e.t.c. Only then shall we be respected.

4 Likes

Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by codemaniacs: 9:40pm On Jul 10, 2016
LaExpert:

That's the problem, Nigerians taking the truth to be an issue.

The guy simply expressed his frustration at the way money is being wasted when there are serious and pressing poverty problems in Africa. He actually means well for those that are making an issue out of it.

...and he did not take Africa to be one nation neither did he generalize anything...or even make a racist reference. I wonder how some read that piece and think in that direction.

So u're saying there are no poor europeans

1 Like

Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 10, 2016
At least the guy is not queuing up waiting for a Nigerian Visa blessed as we claim we are
He probably doesnt know how to start a generator

1 Like

Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by Orikinla(m): 10:05pm On Jul 10, 2016
[size=18pt]Those who attacked him in reply don't understand English grammar.[/size]
Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by LaExpert: 10:05pm On Jul 10, 2016
codemaniacs:

So u're saying there are no poor europeans

I did not say that.
There ARE poor Europeans.

Just like any sane person will point to the Northern Nigeria as a specific impoverished area in Nigeria, that is the same way Africa will be cited when speaking of poverty in the world.

Europe does not have poverty problems as Africa does.

Are you mad at the lad for saying £100m can help a poverty stricken African nation? Is it a lie?

1 Like

Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jul 10, 2016
litaninja:
The irony....people that most likely live on less than a dollar / day making so much noise about not being poor.

So true
Listening to them boast you will think they own yatchs and mansions somewhere
Indeed they say intelligence is like a river the deeoer it flows the less noise it makes
Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by shine12: 10:14pm On Jul 10, 2016
LastMumu:
I went through all the replies by the so called 'patriotic' Africans and all I could see was too many emotions but too little intelligence. The guy is right all through.

Is 100m pounds not too much for just one player when a lot of countries are going hungry in this generation?

Are there not many poverty-stricken African nations this money could have helped? Congo, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Rwanda are living in abject poverty.

Is Pogba truly worth 100m fucking pounds?

Thank you Sir.

African man and pride.

Leave them to be talking about resources that you can't even extract and turn into a finish product. Yes we have resources but fail in every category when compared to other countries and thats not even naming western nations but countries like Iran,Thailand,Turkey etc
Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by tayo200(m): 10:29pm On Jul 10, 2016
ok
Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by TheMyth: 10:33pm On Jul 10, 2016
People are mad ooo ... He specifically said poverty stricken African nation .. I.e the poorest or a nation amongst the poor in Africa ... Anyone who disputes this fact is retarded , Nigeria is pretty much one of the richest in Africa and that would at least have a bit of impact talk less of the poorer nation . seriously try converting that money to naira , then when you are done convert it to CFA of Benin republic ... now keep it in mind that Benin is at least a mid tier nation in Africa . Low esteemed trolls.
Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by malachytochukwu(m): 10:35pm On Jul 10, 2016
grin grin grin.. Sometimes I use to wonder if God handpicked humans that are born in Nigeria. Lolz... Everybody is just funny.
midolian:
The guy that did the first bashing seems to have some personal beef/hatred for them..little wonder he murdered them and their language (English). LoL

The british will sure laugh @ his grammar, but the fact remains that the guy is more advantaged. He can speak the language of the british while the slowpoke (british) can't speak the guy's language. This I am sure of.

1 Like

Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by mars123(m): 10:36pm On Jul 10, 2016
the only mistake the guy made is in calling Africa a nation. Africa has endemic poverty. But if you are offended by the comment at least reply constructively.
Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by saintandsinnerz: 10:38pm On Jul 10, 2016
midolian:
Yea, you went through all the replies but never bothered to read the message from the british. its obvious you don't even get it. Or are you trying to sound like the lastmumu you call yourself?

The guy is just a concerned racist. He would have made sense if he generalized it..but why pick two blacks and use them to cite example? Are there no whites that are more expensive than Pogba and Sadio mane? Are there no countries(non-African) that are dying in abject poverty?

The guy you quoted made so much sense with his comment. Quite easy for Africans to term anything said about them by Europeans as being racist. The British guy said nothing wrong! In fact, the examples he used (Saido Mane and Pogba) was quite apt. The money paid by Liverpool for Mane has been criticized for being excessive and desperate. His price tag has caused a stir in the transfer market. Again the price being bandied about for Pogba is outrageous and insane! Does he really worth that amount? The British guy probably used those two players because they are at the centre of discourse concerning the astronomical amounts players are being paid nowadays. There was nothing racist about his comment, after all he also said that the weekly wage of Man Utd starting eleven will be more than the total wage of all the supporters in Old Trafford put together! So let us digest issues before playing the racism card

1 Like

Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by saintandsinnerz: 10:40pm On Jul 10, 2016
LastMumu:

Obviously because he is a Saints fan and his club Southampton only recently sold Mane for 35m pounds (highest selling price for a player in the club's history). Nothing racist about his comment.

There are but African nations seem to be worse off. You can't blame the dude, everyday he is watching the news, Africa is projected as a poor continent with videos of malnourished and dying babies with people living in abject poverty. Everyday he reads in the papers and watch in the news how UNESCO and USAID beg people to donate funds to feed hungry and dying kids in faraway Africa. The guy is just concerned why 100m pounds will be wasted on one player while people are dying of hunger elsewhere.

Okay you guys took offense because he specifically mentioned African nations? Sorry ehn, I apologize on the guy's behalf. I'm sure he didn't mean to sound condescending, maybe he made a mistake generalizing.
You're the only person that made sense here bro. People just misjudge issue terribly
Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by codemaniacs: 10:43pm On Jul 10, 2016
LaExpert:

I did not say that.
There ARE poor Europeans.

Just like any sane person will point to the Northern Nigeria as a specific impoverished area in Nigeria, that is the same way Africa will be cited when speaking of poverty in the world.

Europe does not have poverty problems as Africa does.

Are you mad at the lad for saying £100m can help a poverty stricken African nation? Is it a lie?

I'm vexing for your reasoning capabilities... £100m is nothing to Nigeria...

Europe has poverty problems but they don't broadcast it the way they tarnish Africa.

1 Like

Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by boyo123(m): 10:49pm On Jul 10, 2016
LastMumu:
I went through all the replies by the so called 'patriotic' Africans and all I could see was too many emotions but too little intelligence. The guy is right all through.

Is 100m pounds not too much for just one player when a lot of countries are going hungry in this generation?

Are there not many poverty-stricken African nations this money could have helped? Congo, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Rwanda are living in abject poverty.

what you dont understand is that,when a player is been sold in football he doesnt actually get the money.the only this he gets is the weekly wages .so saying that 100m that ends up going to the parent club is too much and he ends up bringing african nations into it is an insult.

and from what i notice the british does not still get it that africa is a continent
Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by Babysho(m): 10:50pm On Jul 10, 2016
LastMumu:

[size=14pt]Is 100m pounds not too much for just one player when a lot of countries are going hungry in this generation?[/size]

Yes it is. The world is very crazy. Why would you pay that sum for a human when you can eradicate poverty by using the money to create jobs im Africa and yet some of them will be officials in World Cup, some will have cousins in the United Nations HQ.

Albeit, the whites are very intelligent people I swear. They'll find a way to tax almost half of that 100mill back into their accounts.

Nevertheless, Pogba shouldn't be worth 100m oo...he's just skillful and has accurate short passes. No speed, No tackling, no attacking prowess. His freekick ain't good either.

He's an over hype.
Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by Abodunrin07(m): 10:55pm On Jul 10, 2016
The guy is high on something.
Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by saintandsinnerz: 10:56pm On Jul 10, 2016
emmysoftyou:
guy I feel your points, the truth is that we Nigerian see them as a racist, hence misunderstood the dude. but the guy made mistake by generalizing it, maybe he thought African is just one nation. but truth be told, majority of African countries re stricken in poverty.
Which mistake did he make? He only said "poverty stricken African nation" which is not generalization. He was just referring to a single African nation. Go and read it again
Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by Babysho(m): 11:05pm On Jul 10, 2016
boyo123:

what you dont understand is that,when a player is been sold in football he doesnt actually get the money.the only this he gets is the weekly wages .so saying that 100m that ends up going to the parent club is too much and he ends up bringing african nations into it is an insult.

and from what i notice the british does not still get it that africa is a continent

From my point of view, I think the British guy is being reasonable, just that he wrote nonchalantly.

What he probably doesn't understand is that football is a business. Juventus is making 100mill. They employ a massive amount of people for work and I'm very sure that the owner of Juventus worked hard to own the club or luck is on his side...
THAT'S LIFE.

It's better someone donates money to certain African countries or a business mogul should start up something oriented @ eradicating poverty in the country rather than because you see money moving that doesn't concern you ask why it's not being used for something else.
That's only stupid.
Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by tosan200(m): 11:06pm On Jul 10, 2016
Onegai:
That £100mil would have at last transformed out Education sector, so that one wouldn't wonder if those replying him (who are all most likely "graduates" ) would at least be able to reply him like people who learned the official language of their country: English is the national language of Nigeria, you know.

That £100mil could have given a transformer to this guy in a tertiary university: https://www.nairaland.com/3217893/how-iron-clothes-ogwashi-uku

The same people insulting him are wondering how to cross the desert and swim to Europe or travel to the U.S. on a tourist visa and find a elderly person to marry.

But yeah, let's defend our pride!
More like let's defend our stupidity.
Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by jigsaw001(m): 11:09pm On Jul 10, 2016
grin one guy referred to him as RACISM... SMH.
Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 10, 2016
boyo123:

He didn't bring African nations into it, he said "a poverty-stricken African nation". The Brits know the difference between continents and countries and the Brit guy you are all lambasting seems to know that too.

1 Like

Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by boyo123(m): 11:15pm On Jul 10, 2016
Babysho:

From my point of view, I think the British guy is being reasonable, just that he wrote nonchalantly.

What he probably doesn't understand is that football is a business. Juventus is making 100mill. They employ a massive amount of people for work and I'm very sure that the owner of Juventus worked hard to own the club or luck is on his side...
THAT'S LIFE.

It's better someone donates money to certain African countries or a business mogul should start up something oriented @ eradicating poverty in the country rather than because you see money moving that doesn't concern you ask why it's not being used for something else.
That's only stupid.
exactly my point.his right there in england but doesnt even know the business behind their football.from his comment he is a saint fan.so how come he doesnt know that the money paid for mane by liverpool is for the benefit of his club not the player

2 Likes

Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by LaExpert: 11:40pm On Jul 10, 2016
codemaniacs:

I'm vexing for your reasoning capabilities... £100m is nothing to Nigeria...

Europe has poverty problems but they don't broadcast it the way they tarnish Africa.

I'm really amazed at you, not just your reasoning.

Poverty is everywhere in Africa even right under YOUR nose. You live in a country where you'll find a beggar within every 100-200metre you travel. Are you just blind to these simple and visible facts?

For someone to tell you your country has problems has become a problem to you. Why are you living in denial?

£100m dollars will build 2 government secondary schools in each state of Nigeria. If Nigeria does not need that money, Buhari won't run around pursuing monies that isn't up to that... eg, pursuing Metuh for 400million Naira.

For once, think, accept that you have a problem... then you can seek a solution.

African Nations such as Angola, Burundi, Central African Republic, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Eritrea, Guinea-Bissau, Lesotho, Madagascar including NIGERIA will appreciate £100m if it is donated to them.

2 Likes

Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by Babysho(m): 11:41pm On Jul 10, 2016
boyo123:
exactly my point.his right there in england but doesnt even know the business behind their football.from his comment he is a saint fan.so how come he doesnt know that the money paid for mane by liverpool is for the benefit of his club not the player

He has unknowingly insulted all African countries. He deserves to be "Balls Punched".

By the way, the Government of most African countries need a foundational reset. Nigeria wey suppose dey drag with China still dey get Electricity wahala wey tiny Chile don conquer since.
Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by LaExpert: 11:47pm On Jul 10, 2016
mars123:
the only mistake the guy made is in calling Africa a nation. Africa has endemic poverty. But if you are offended by the comment at least reply constructively.

He never referred to Africa as a nation.
Read it again.

If I say 10billion Naira will help "A poverty stricken Nigerian state," have I referred to Nigeria as a state?

1 Like

Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by Tijay90(m): 11:48pm On Jul 10, 2016
Africans... Always getting hurt whenever someone tells them the truth they fail to tell themselves... SMH.

1 Like

Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by LaExpert: 11:50pm On Jul 10, 2016
Babysho:

He has unknowingly insulted all African countries. He deserves to be "Balls Punched".

By the way, the Government of most African countries need a foundational reset. Nigeria wey suppose dey drag with China still dey get Electricity wahala wey tiny Chile don conquer since.

It isn't an insult, it is just the bitter truth, there's widespread poverty in Africa.

If a call a madman 'madman,' have I insulted him?
Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by samplegirl(f): 12:12am On Jul 11, 2016
nextstep:
microphone.grab();

Abeg... did he lie? The fact that you and I can buy enough credit to blast somebody online from the comfort of our middle-class homes does not mean that there are no poverty-stricken parts of Nigeria (and Africa at large) that cannot even afford to buy pure water on a daily basis. The compensation for sports is clearly getting out of hand, and could be used in more equitable ways (arguably, what we might call equitable, some might call socialist, or non-capitalist).

We Africans have this tendency to get hyper sensitive about criticism... Yes, we have rich parts of Nigeria, but do any of us make the effort to show the world? Those of us who can spend all their time flying to Dubai and London and flexing with watches and shoes and white boats, instead of channeling all that money to produce educative programs that air on US TV. Then we get upset at how Western media portrays us.

And, speaking of hypocrisy, I saw, in some small town in Delta state, over 300k wasted in 10 minutes: crates upon crates of expensive drinks were opened and just poured on a birthday celebrant. How many families could that have fed, or books bought for children? Why don't we get all outraged?

I've gotten tired of our outrage, and only want to see people silently, tirelessly, improving our countries so that the criticisms will one day be wrong. All this touchiness is not productive, does not change the fundamental fact that upon all our gragra and I-sabi-pass: EVERYTHING we use was made by non-Africans. Even the value we get from our oil is - in the main - provided by non-Africans.

microphone.drop();

God bless you. The truth hurts. As if there are no African countries languishing in poverty. Such baseless defense give the corrupt African rulers to exploit their subjects.

The guy ought to be thanked for trying to point out that the wasteful money in sports could serve a better purpose in Africa.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Nairalander, Emeka Stanley, Officially Declares For Presidency Come 2023 / Simon Ekpa Was Paid $1M To Destroy Obi’s Chances — Ohanaeze / Oil Theft: Navy Arrests Tompolo’s Men, Firm Kicks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.