Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,127 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online (27298 Views)

Fani-kayode Blasts New York Times Over Trump's "Comment" About Nigerians / Ellen Johnson Sirleaf's Statue In Owerri Already Causing Uproar Ahead Of Visit / Mark Zuckerberg: FFK And Reno Omokri Spar On Facebook Over Comment About Hausa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by Damjoy(m): 12:27am On Jul 11, 2016
LastMumu:
I went through all the replies by the so called 'patriotic' Africans and all I could see was too many emotions but too little intelligence. The guy is right all through.

Is 100m pounds not too much for just one player when a lot of countries are going hungry in this generation?

Are there not many poverty-stricken African nations this money could have helped? Congo, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Rwanda are living in abject poverty.

Is Pogba truly worth 100m fucking pounds?

What a name you have
Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by daveP(m): 1:32am On Jul 11, 2016
for all the comments so far that China Alex is the most sensible and best response so far. That first guy and loading cannonballs.....

1 Like

Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by mars123(m): 1:49am On Jul 11, 2016
LaExpert:

He never referred to Africa as a nation.
Read it again.

If I say 10billion Naira will help "A poverty stricken Nigerian state," have I referred to Nigeria as a state?
yes it was his friend that did that.
Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by ogwumgbe: 3:09am On Jul 11, 2016
He has just spoken the truth. If it pains you, then try to hold your leaders accountable you fools. Truth is bitter, the earlier Africans realize that they are worthless, the better for them to start dealing with their source of trouble which is bad leadership. I love this kind truth, more of it pleasse

1 Like

Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by chymavis(f): 5:54am On Jul 11, 2016
He doesn't even know that Africa is a continent and not a nation.
Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by Onegai(f): 6:33am On Jul 11, 2016
codemaniacs:

If u know how rich Nigeria is.. U won't be saying this..

I, frankly, in all honesty, do not give a shi.t how rich Nigeria is. Did you sleep with electricity all night long last night? Are your roads flooded because they are poorly constructed and need to be fixed? Are your General Hospitals lacking even clean public toilets and Hand Sanitisers?

If all that is true, then Nigeria is a poor country.

But how is that pride of yours, hope it makes through the flooding and bad traffic this morning and helps your iron your short with no light

smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by Nobody: 6:55am On Jul 11, 2016
chymavis:
He doesn't even know that Africa is a continent and not a nation.

He does, why does everyone here think he doesn't?
Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by LaExpert: 7:08am On Jul 11, 2016
mars123:
yes it was his friend that did that.

Please yourself with your 'great' comprehension skills.
Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by LaExpert: 7:13am On Jul 11, 2016
LastMumu:

I'm astonished at many 'educated' Nairaland members who cannot comprehend that simple message.

How will someone read that and say the Brit referred to Africa as a nation?

If he had said Continent, it would have been erroneous cos he'd have made a wrong generalization on the whole Africa as not all African countries are poverty stricken.
Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by famorotiolu(m): 7:23am On Jul 11, 2016
The invasion of African nations by the British resulted in the underdevelopment of Africa nations. Your so called Britain was developed by the riches of Africa and you have the gut to type with your God forsaken fingers that Africa is a poverty stricken continent. C'mon, this is beyond absurdity because if ur nation had experienced what those Africa nations experienced with ur greedy devilish fore fathers, Britain would have vanished into thin air and become history
Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 11, 2016
Well he May have exaggerated a lil bit. But fundamentally he is right. That amount can change the fortunes of millions across the African landscape.

We don't need to go to the whites to get this kind of money either, our leaders swallow x20 of that every month in Nigeria. What have we done about it?

It is in Nigeria that you will some lazy hunger stricken youth shouting "it is witch-hunting" when some corrupt politician is invited for questioning.

If Japan had a tenth of the resources in Nigeria, USA will be trailing after them.
Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by blackprowler: 7:54am On Jul 11, 2016
I've said previously that Oyibo people should not give Africa any aid or anything whatsoever. Africans are ok with what they've "accomplished" and that's why they're NEUROTICALLY proud of it.
Anytime you hear one Oyibo go out of character and tell Africans anything close to the truth about themselves, they go up in arms - all of them (except me, evidently). It's a shame to be an African by anyone who actually knows anything
Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by sucess001(m): 8:30am On Jul 11, 2016
The guy is freaking correct...

all those replies are stewpid and a failed attempt at patriotism...

to even think that the guy has Africa in mind is commendable...means he would rather spend to feed Africans than pay a lot for a footballer...

sadly our African brothers cant read thru to get the underlining rationale...

and 100 million pounds is 46, 537,832,942.90 Naira...

47 billion Naira spent on feeding alone can feed the whole country for more than 5 years actually...

and thats Nigeria...imagine rwanda and ethiopia....
Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by battleaxe: 10:00am On Jul 11, 2016
Actually......

47 billion Naira cannot feed the whole nation for one day.

Assuming people do live below a dollar a day as mentioned severally in this thread, and spend 100 Naira per meal a day. This results in a daily spend of 300 Naira.

For a nation of 170 million at last formal count, that equals 51 billion Naira.

As all of us may know, a lot of people will spend much more than that based on availability, age or a myriad of other factors.

And some people sadly, maybe less than that.

Not taking away from the points made though.

So maybe a tiny weeny African nation....... Or portions of one assuming all in there are indeed "poverty stricken".
Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by codemaniacs: 10:49am On Jul 11, 2016
Onegai:

I, frankly, in all honesty, do not give a shi.t how rich Nigeria is. Did you sleep with electricity all night long last night? Are your roads flooded because they are poorly constructed and need to be fixed? Are your General Hospitals lacking even clean public toilets and Hand Sanitisers?

If all that is true, then Nigeria is a poor country.

But how is that pride of yours, hope it makes through the flooding and bad traffic this morning and helps your iron your short with no light

smiley

Some people live in poor neighbourhoods with old looking houses but the inside of the house is state of the art ..
Some people don't drive state of the art cars.
Some people don't experience power outage in Nigeria .

Just because some people don't own state of the art luxuries does not mean they are poor.

All the things u've listed have been provided for. Its bad management that is the problem.

Nigeria is a badly managed country...
Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by chymavis(f): 5:16pm On Jul 11, 2016
LastMumu:

Yea, he does dear. I didn't read through the lines very well when I made that comment. I just did.
Re: Christopher Glee's Comment About African Nations Causes Uproar Online by Talk2nanro(m): 3:21pm On Jul 13, 2016
GenWOJUOLA:
Yellow got served!!! In his nxt life, he wouldn't dare insult anything black, even d devil!!!
And who told u devil was black or God and his angels are white, funny people saying funny things

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

DSS Plotting To Detain Suleman And Oyedepo In Kuje Prison – Fayose / Plot To Blame Yusuf Bomoi, Dead Ex-NYSC DG For Adeosun’s Certificate Mess / Exclusive Pictures Of Jos Dry Port, With Analysis By Dr Chinnan Mclean

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.