Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

My Son Doesn't Respond At School! A Confused Father Needs Help, Pls - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Son Doesn't Respond At School! A Confused Father Needs Help, Pls (18065 Views)

What Is The Difference Between A School, A College And A University? / The Most Commonly Confused Words In The English Language, According To Microsoft / Which Of The Punishment Did You Hate Back At School. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Son Doesn't Respond At School! A Confused Father Needs Help, Pls by Wolex143: 8:54pm On Jul 12, 2016
eleko1:
All will be well.
. Amen ijn

1 Like

Re: My Son Doesn't Respond At School! A Confused Father Needs Help, Pls by NifemiOlu(m): 9:22pm On Jul 12, 2016
Omotakins:
My son(almost 4yrs) is in the reception class. He doesn't respond to teachings at school, doesn't talk or play. This is the exact opposite at home. Plays very well at home, sings and talks about all he's taught in the school. He responds very well to the teachings of his home teacher. His teacher in school is saying he will repeat class 'cos there is nothing to show he's learnt things. What do I do? Teachers, educators and Co, ur help is needed pls.

See an educational psychologist.
Re: My Son Doesn't Respond At School! A Confused Father Needs Help, Pls by athorello(m): 12:00am On Jul 13, 2016
Mehn, that your 4 year old is a bad guy.... Watch out for him. I have a little sister like that, our youngest girl. Her teacher used to complain. They pick stuffs up like pro. The teachers only need to put in extra efforts to bring them out. Those kids are wise o... You can even encourage him yourself. When family members, friends and strangers come around, ask him to go greet them if he's shying away. Also ask him to do recitations for you in their presence. If they come with kids ask him to go play with them. Inform him of the teacher's report and impact on him. In fact it's not a threat to tell him he'll repeat. Watch out for your kid... He's set to always top his class in the near future. Smh for peeps who tie their kids especially 2 years upwards to their body in church instead of encouraging and releasing them to the children's church.

2 Likes

Re: My Son Doesn't Respond At School! A Confused Father Needs Help, Pls by grandstar(m): 12:24am On Jul 13, 2016
yanabasee:
At home... Do you allow your son to play around with his peers in your neighbourhood?..

His relationship with the neighbours will go along way to enhance his social life.. If you stay where there are no neighbours around.. Try to bring in ur brothers or sister's children for visitation during weekends....

I used to be like him... But in my case.. I wasn't able to speak English language which was the only means of communication in the school... So I'll find it very difficult to associate with other kids in the school...

You still can't speak English! angry angry angry angry angry

Just kidding grin grin grin grin
Re: My Son Doesn't Respond At School! A Confused Father Needs Help, Pls by fortnnewi: 1:18pm On Jul 13, 2016
you need to check and see if he is being abused by his teachers or class mates in school, that might be the reason why he shuts down at school but if that is not the cause then you might have to get him checked by an education psychologist to see the best way to handle. he does sound like a smart child.
Re: My Son Doesn't Respond At School! A Confused Father Needs Help, Pls by tobex23(m): 6:30am On Aug 05, 2016
shaiba:

This is the right thing to do and the first step to take. Also note the child's attitude when dropping him off at school. Some schools admit more than they can handle in a class and teachers ( in some cases with only one minder) tend to be a bit impatient with children of this age. Please if the proprietor or proprietress of the school does not do much to help your son's situation kindly change to another as this could affect him as they grow older.

Oh my! When I started reading the topic, this was what I wanted to say, I mean the bolded. Watch the child's attitude once you are close to his school.

Errm, madam shaiba, please I need your help ma, so much please. embarassed
Re: My Son Doesn't Respond At School! A Confused Father Needs Help, Pls by Ijesha78: 7:44am On Aug 06, 2016
2pens:
Does the girl now communicate well amidst of strangers

She is a lot better now.
Re: My Son Doesn't Respond At School! A Confused Father Needs Help, Pls by Feanah(f): 6:39pm On Aug 08, 2016
I agree with those telling you to change his school and see a psychologist.
First change his school (Maybe he doesn't like the environment & people there)...If that doesn't work,see a psychologist.
Goodluck with that,do let us know if things work out.
Re: My Son Doesn't Respond At School! A Confused Father Needs Help, Pls by Omotakins(m): 6:32pm On Feb 07, 2020
athorello:
Mehn, that your 4 year old is a bad guy.... Watch out for him. I have a little sister like that, our youngest girl. Her teacher used to complain. They pick stuffs up like pro. The teachers only need to put in extra efforts to bring them out. Those kids are wise o... You can even encourage him yourself. When family members, friends and strangers come around, ask him to go greet them if he's shying away. Also ask him to do recitations for you in their presence. If they come with kids ask him to go play with them. Inform him of the teacher's report and impact on him. In fact it's not a threat to tell him he'll repeat. Watch out for your kid... He's set to always top his class in the near future. Smh for peeps who tie their kids especially 2 years upwards to their body in church instead of encouraging and releasing them to the children's church.
I was checking some of my old posts and came across this comment. Bro, you were very correct. I couldn't agree more. He was top of his class for the whole of last session. He just picked up all of a sudden, I mean all of a sudden. He is joy to behold now. Thank you very much.
Re: My Son Doesn't Respond At School! A Confused Father Needs Help, Pls by athorello(m): 9:06pm On Feb 07, 2020
Omotakins:
I was checking some of my old posts and came across this comment. Bro, you were very correct. I couldn't agree more. He was top of his class for the whole of last session. He just picked up all of a sudden, I mean all of a sudden. He is joy to behold now. Thank you very much.

Wow! This is beautiful and great to hear. He's a bigger boy now. Keep grooming him. He'll really make you proud. smiley

1 Like

Re: My Son Doesn't Respond At School! A Confused Father Needs Help, Pls by Omotakins(m): 10:46am On Feb 10, 2020
athorello:

Wow! This is beautiful and great to hear. He's a bigger boy now. Keep grooming him. He'll really make you proud. smiley
Amen, thanks

1 Like

Re: My Son Doesn't Respond At School! A Confused Father Needs Help, Pls by Jubrilx3: 8:56pm On Mar 23, 2021
Did you later change his school?

I am having exact problem with my boy
Re: My Son Doesn't Respond At School! A Confused Father Needs Help, Pls by Jubrilx3: 8:58pm On Mar 23, 2021
Omotakins:

Did you later change his school?
I am having exact problem with my boy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Remi Ajiboye: I Was Paid N4,000 As Monthly Salary, Says ASUP Chairman / Benue State University Post-utme For 2015/2016 Academic Session / Hijab: Court Strikes Out Human Right Suit Against University Of Ibadan School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.