Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,269 members, 7,839,351 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc - Foreign Affairs (425) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc (995367 Views)

President Zuma Had Telephonic Discussions With President Trump / Photos: Heavy U.S Military Equipments Arrives Germany Against Russian. / @elbinawi Tweets On International Qudsday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) ... (668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jun 09, 2018
Insas 1c

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jun 09, 2018
Insas 1b

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jun 09, 2018
R2

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jun 09, 2018
Amogh

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jun 09, 2018
lionel4power

All the above look like tricked out AKs ? grin

Seriously I don't know , as I said before zero in small arms grin

All I know one cannot base them on existing AK designs due to IPR violation, the design has to be different.

Here one can approach the courts and sue Ur ass grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jun 09, 2018
QuietMynd:
Hope the
Temperature is friendly

Actually it's the opposite grin
The operate in the cold regions of Himalayas grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jun 09, 2018
QuietMynd:

Wat a beauty.
Can u get me one covertly

JVPC was previously known as MSMC and became a favourite of call of duty gamers

The fans even made a song dedicated to MSMC aka JVPC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdwMdJ26Gf8

This is the best I can do for u covertly grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jun 09, 2018
nemesis8u:

JVPC was previously known as MSMC and became a favourite of call of duty gamers

The fans even made a song dedicated to MSMC aka JVPC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdwMdJ26Gf8

This is the best I can do for u covertly grin

Most random piece of info I’ve ever seen on these pages grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jun 09, 2018
F-35A cockpit

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by lionel4power(m): 10:10pm On Jun 09, 2018
nemesis8u:

It's definitely u lolzzzz grin grin grin

Just don't tell that to Trichy ordinance factory when Kalashnikov threatened to sue their ass on Trichy assault rifle TAR and they had to change the design.

1st pic this is the latest TAR 7.62x39mm

Russia had no complains on Ghatak assault rifle grin

2nd pic Ghatak assault rifle 7.62x39mm

I am zero when it comes to small arms but to me half of the rifles in the world look like tricked out AKs, becz they rely on the dependable AK mechanism either based on it or modified.

It's so obvious and they don't bother changing the design much.

If you want an AK buy an AK.

Let's make this world less confusing.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jun 09, 2018
QuietMynd:

I read something about P economy on the net and will I like to confirm from you if it is true or not.
Is it true the P gdp shrink from almost $800b to $300b.

Don't know the latest about their GDP , but the latest info I know is that their net foreign reserves are at negative 725 million dollars after excluding the foreign exchange liabilities . As of June their forex reserve is only 2.2 billion dollars.

So yeah their economy is kind of tanked as of now.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jun 09, 2018
lionel4power:

It's so obvious and they don't bother changing the design much.

If you want an AK buy an AK.

Let's make this world less confusing.

Seriously

Did u even read what I wrote

U came to this conclusion of urs by looking at pics

When and Where did u pick up this bad habit ?

And can't believe u made this statement " It's so obvious and they don't bother changing the design much "

Feel free to post the results of ur extensive trials and personal onhand research on the weapons in question .

No offence but When somebody makes this kind of sweeping statement I take it to be a sign of their ignorance on the matter and only option left is to ignore it.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jun 09, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

Most random piece of info I’ve ever seen on these pages grin

Stop nitpicking enjoy the song grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by QuietMynd: 11:17pm On Jun 09, 2018
nemesis8u:

Don't know the latest about their GDP , but the latest info I know is that their net foreign reserves are at negative 725 million dollars after excluding the foreign exchange liabilities . As of June their forex reserve is only 2.2 billion dollars.

So yeah their economy is kind of tanked as of now.
Ur explanation jst prove my assumption right
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 12:13am On Jun 10, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-nNTGK0wFw

I generally don't subscribe to utube videos but this one is interesting

The title is misleading though , actually it talks about the existence of another race of human beings around the world thousands of years ago.

Not proof but nevertheless raises interesting question.utube Videos can never be proofs

However I do know of a government group which researches ancient manuscripts , it's kind of hush hush and know to few and my boss once mentioned there was a time when rumours of anti gravity something was flying about. Personally I heard of a strap on contraption which was made from description in the texts to enable soldiers walk long distances with heavy loads with minimum fatigue. But till date never got to see it . grin

@ kikuyu1

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by lionel4power(m): 12:14am On Jun 10, 2018
nemesis8u:

Seriously

Did u even read what I wrote

U came to this conclusion of urs by looking at pics

When and Where did u pick up this bad habit ?

And can't believe u made this statement " It's so obvious and they don't bother changing the design much "

Feel free to post the results of ur extensive trials and personal onhand research on the weapons in question .

No offence but When somebody makes this kind of sweeping statement I take it to be a sign of their ignorance on the matter and only option left is to ignore it.

Calm your horse prof...

I meant asthetically they all look similar... No offense on your Indian heritage but from where I stand I cant see any difference.

Ghatak for instance looks like the AK-47.

Even the gas impingement and receiver mechanism are all similar. Something like that.

Pardon my *uninformed * view...
Picture 1) Ghatak rifle
Picture 2) AK-47 (tricked out)

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 12:35am On Jun 10, 2018
lionel4power:

Calm your horse prof...

I meant asthetically they all look similar... No offense on your Indian heritage but from where I stand I cant see any difference.

Ghatak for instance looks like the AK-47.

Even the gas impingement and receiver mechanism are all similar. Something like that.

Pardon my *uninformed * view...

Lol u read what u wrote before and what Ur claiming now.

"is it just me or I...... rifles are just tricked out AK-47s"
That was a sweeping statement when I myself who has 0 knowledge said some designs r modified designs or inspired and that Kalashnikov forced one rifle to change the design.

And ' tricked out ' is not the end all as u made it sound. The material science associated with rifles is one of the make or break factors. Eg proprietary Nickel boron carbide coating for lubrication free working , do AKs have them ?

And why does everything has to be related to nationality. I always try to deal on individual level person to person inorder to stay as correct as possible

Never denied ur claims on a case by case basis where applicable. Truth is truth no amount of justification can't change it either by me or u.

What u missed is my emphasis of sweeping claims when it's obvious one don't have the means to back it up with . U run a blog and if u fall prey to such tendencies whose loss mine or urs ?

We learn and teach each other (provided we want to) and that's the best way most of the time .

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by SternProphet: 1:00am On Jun 10, 2018
QuietMynd:

Ur explanation jst prove my assumption right

Pakistan is completely dependent on Saudi Arabia and China. On Forex, they used to get significant remittances from migrant workers in Saudi Arabia but this has thinned down because of new Saudi reforms
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by lionel4power(m): 1:06am On Jun 10, 2018
nemesis8u:

Lol u read what u wrote before and what Ur claiming now.

"is it just me or I...... rifles are just tricked out AK-47s"
That was a sweeping statement when I myself who has 0 knowledge said some designs r modified designs or inspired and that Kalashnikov forced one rifle to change the design.

And ' tricked out ' is not the end all as u made it sound. The material science associated with rifles is one of the make or break factors. Eg proprietary Nickel boron carbide coating for lubrication free working , do AKs have them ?

And why does everything has to be related to nationality. I always try to deal on individual level person to person inorder to stay as correct as possible

Never denied ur claims on a case by case basis where applicable. Truth is truth no amount of justification can't change it either by me or u.

What u missed is my emphasis of sweeping claims when it's obvious one don't have the means to back it up with . U run a blog and if u fall prey to such tendencies whose loss mine or urs ?

We learn and teach each other (provided we want to) and that's the best way most of the time .
I still don't know how my harmless observation became an argument....

Neither can I understand half of what you wrote up there but anyway kudos... Keep doing great!!

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 1:09am On Jun 10, 2018
Nuclear armed countries can be realistically defeated by 2 ways

Internal strife

Economic meltdown

Eg.

USSR was defeated by meltdown of their economy compounded and hastened by their Afghanistan misadventure.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by lionel4power(m): 1:13am On Jun 10, 2018
nemesis8u:
Nuclear armed countries can be realistically defeated by 2 ways

Internal strife

Economic meltdown

Eg.

USSR was defeated by meltdown of their economy compounded and hastened by their Afghanistan misadventure.
you forgot political isolation e.g North Korea
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 1:15am On Jun 10, 2018
lionel4power:

I still don't know how my harmless observation became an argument....

Neither can I understand half of what you wrote up there but anyway kudos... Keep doing great!!

Lol I am equally stuped becz i was under the impression we were in a conversation

What u missed is the difference in production standard , OFB production standard is close to shiit compared to companies in other countries. Designing rifles is not tough what is tough is mass producing them at the exact specified standard and quality .

And IPR violations in democratic countries r difficult to get away with.

What arguments ?

Arguments r accompanied by the relevant facial expressions and outbursts

Anyways give me the example of a harmful observation grin

but anyway kudos... Keep doing great!!

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 1:25am On Jun 10, 2018
lionel4power:
you forgot political isolation e.g North Korea

My views different becz my pain is some body else's gain.

NK is a pain to US and therefore patronized by China and Russia , they will never allow it to isolated completely and keep providing a life line well untill NK is willing.

And NK nuclear capability is meaningless their assets will be destroyed even before Kim manages to get his ass off the chair . Their missiles r liquid Fueled and need launch from pre surveyed sites. And they r few.

Only SK is stopping the Americans from doing anything drastic. Their capital Seoul is only a few km from NK border
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 6:36am On Jun 10, 2018
nemesis8u:
Drdo ocean surveillance ship (OSS) aka MRIS being built at HSL.

one can see 3 radar domes on the ship.

There r 2 ships under construction.

On launch this will make India the 5th country with the capability to develop and launch such ships after US Russian France and China.

First pic of DRDO's 2nd MRIS being built at CSL also referred to as Ship No.20 by the CSL.

Info about this vessel is even more scarce than the VC11184 OSS being built at HSL.

Most probably to test terminal manuvers of special perpose warheads of subsonic supersonic and hypersonic ballistic and cruise missiles and also indulge in electronic intelligence and surveillance etc as and when required.

It will also have 3 radar domes as the first ship but the radars will be different and not same as the ones being installed in the 1st MRIS.

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 7:50am On Jun 10, 2018
nemesis8u:

My views different becz my pain is some body else's gain.

NK is a pain to US and therefore patronized by China and Russia , they will never allow it to isolated completely and keep providing a life line well untill NK is willing.

And NK nuclear capability is meaningless their assets will be destroyed even before Kim manages to get his ass off the chair . Their missiles r liquid Fueled and need launch from pre surveyed sites. And they r few.

Only SK is stopping the Americans from doing anything drastic. Their capital Seoul is only a few km from NK border

Forgive me prof, but what about their (NK) more than 70 submarines?

3 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by lionel4power(m): 9:07am On Jun 10, 2018
nemesis8u:

First pic of DRDO's 2nd MRIS being built at CSL also referred to as Ship No.20 by the CSL.

Info about this vessel is even more scarce than the VC11184 OSS being built at HSL.

Most probably to test terminal manuvers of special perpose warheads of subsonic supersonic and hypersonic ballistic and cruise missiles and also indulge in electronic intelligence and surveillance etc as and when required.

It will also have 3 radar domes as the first ship but the radars will be different and not same as the ones being installed in the 1st MRIS.
Talking about ships... I hear Ind*** is looking at buying the Spanish Juan Carlos I amphibious assault ship.

What does that mean for the country’s indigenous naval shipbuilding industry?
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by newafricaken254: 10:08am On Jun 10, 2018
Drone following Military Train

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT1lYx1sZys
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by newafricaken254: 10:17am On Jun 10, 2018
US has Unveiled The World's Fastest Supercomputer at 200 PetaFLOPS called the Summit,the size of two Tennis Court

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:42am On Jun 10, 2018
Zoharariel:

Forgive me prof, but what about their (NK) more than 70 submarines?

In war quantity matters only if Ur equipments r qualitatively comparable to the similar equipments in the hands of the enemy by atleast 60% or more. Otherwise they will become cannon fodder and a liability.

NK submarines r mainly comprised of Sang O class
Submarines.

Their displacement when submerged is mere 370 tonnes.

Modern navies conventional submarines displaces more than 10 times eg Russian kilo class submarine displaces around 3900 tonnes when submerged.

This effects the capability to sport the necessary sensors like high performance sonars , relevant weapons , fire control suites , high endurance diesel generators , powerful battery pack etc all this inturn limits endurance , survivability , stand off weapon release , real time situational awareness of the operational area etc.

It's like comparing a technical with a MBT .

Even the midget submarines operated by other countries displaces more tonnage and r more sophisticated but the r not armed becz they r mainly used for stealthy insertion of saboteurs / mining of ports etc.

Next largest no of submarines r the Soviet Romeo class submarines designed in the 1950s. They have the Chinese type 033 version . These have respectable displacement at around 1800 tonnes submerged. But even then they r obsolete in terms of sensors and CMS plus they r noisy.

Ur weapons r only as good as its carrier platform sensors and FCS , if u engage in ambush in shallow water near the coastline then there is chance of some success but if u have MPAs flying parallel to the entire coastline in a race track pattern , then they will be detected easily.

When a submarine moves in water it's propeller creates disturbance in the water which is known as wake, American satellites can detect that small indistinguishable disturbance through their satellites, even if the disturbance is underwater , and since the NK subs r small in size they don't have the power to go deep or move for long , so the NK submarines will move only few metres below the surface where satellites or MPAs will pick them up .

Also they have some Soviet conventional submarines with the capability to launch 2 SLBMs , and this is were things get interesting. These subs r also obsolete but they have the capability to launch ballistic missiles armed with nukes so the crux of the matter here is who gets first to do what it wants to do ie do the NK get to launch the ballistic missiles or the Americans get to detect and destroy these subs first before it is able to launch its missiles. Nobody will know untill it happens grin

On paper NK subs r not a threat for even SK subs forget about US subs. But the few conventional subs with the 2 missile launch tubes increases the complexity of the underwater warfare since there is no room for error for SK and US ie if even a single SLBM tipped with nukes gets launch it will cause significant damage to SK or US economically and for bargain most probably NK will be nuked completely.

A single SK or US city nuked will lead to billions or trillions of dollars in damage, a few NK cities ( 1 city actually present ) will lead to less than 3-5 billion dollars in damage. Basically NK have nothing to lose

In all 80 NK submarines ain't worth it except for the SLBM armed ones whose performance is again much to be desired since they r old designs and conventionally powered.

A nuclear submarine has a crush depth of 800-1500m

The NK submarines will get crushed into a salami slice at depths greater than 300m

A Virginia class sub will pick up the sound of a bolt dropped inside a submarine > 100 nautical miles away.

The NK subs I don't know for real but my opinion they will struggle to detect a circus playing inside a sub even 30 nautical miles away. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:53am On Jun 10, 2018
@Zoharariel

I wrote this long ago regarding submarine detection , it might interest u.

1.MAD magnetic anomaly detector it detects localized changes in earths magnetic field due to presence of submarines ferromagnetic materials and even non ferromagnetic materials. however MAD is used for target localization not target detection.

2.hydro carbon sensor to detect fuel vapors from diesel submarines. even some AIP systems in subs uses scrubbers to remove the fumes before release however depending on the sensitivity of the hydro carbon sensor the byproducts like co2 and other gases can be detected.

3.LIDAR light ranging and detection technology they r specially useful for detecting objects in shallow water but presently it is not capable of large volume searches. however research is going on. LIDAR is very successful in mine hunting systems though.

4.satellites in LEO orbits using SAR or EO payloads can detect the submarine surface wake , submerged submarine trail, underseas wave variations , localized temperature variations etc

5.SQUIDS superconducting quantum interference device that exploits the debye effect ie magnetic signature produced by a submarines wake. a debye detector can detect a submarine trail from a large distance and follow it to localize the sub.

6.underwater acoustic sensors or fiber optic acoustic sensors , these act as trip wires to passing submarines eg. SOSUS

7.airborne EO sensors can detect the submarine periscopes from a considerable distance.

8.airborne radar especially AESA based radars with SAR iSAR modes can detect submarine periscopes from a considerable distance.

Etc
Etc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by newafricaken254: 11:02am On Jun 10, 2018
What does it take to become a china PLA honor guard?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSIfFHFLheo
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:08am On Jun 10, 2018
lionel4power:

Talking about ships... I hear Ind*** is looking at buying the Spanish Juan Carlos I amphibious assault ship.

What does that mean for the country’s indigenous naval shipbuilding industry?

Don't read in.... Media, totally useless

Navy has issued RFI and it calls for partnering of local shipyards with foreign ones to come up with their offers.

all shipyards ( govt ones ) r running backlogs and have orders that will take years to finish. Can't take more without expanding their facilities which they won't unless they have more concrete orders.

And if designing is done from scratch it will take lot of time and money , so private Shipyards reliance and l&t will partner with foreign shipyards to compete and whoever wins will construct the selected LHDs in the country with tot to the Ind.. shipyards.

Ind... Shipyards r making aircraft carriers and SSBNs , LHDs r no big deal unless Ur in a tight budget and short of time. Any technology deficiency can be over comed provided u have the money and time , which unfortunately is not available so issue a tender

(1) (2) (3) ... (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) ... (668) (Reply)

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.