Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc - Foreign Affairs (486) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc (989759 Views)

President Zuma Had Telephonic Discussions With President Trump / Photos: Heavy U.S Military Equipments Arrives Germany Against Russian. / @elbinawi Tweets On International Qudsday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) ... (667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 12, 2018
Contract for ELM-2052 aesa radar and ELL-8222WB airborne self protection jammer signed for LCA mk1a

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 8:02pm On Dec 12, 2018
Akash missile system stimulators

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 8:04pm On Dec 12, 2018
Rohini radar in stowed / transport configuration

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 8:05pm On Dec 12, 2018
Laser designator por

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 12, 2018
MSS man pack terminal for secure communications with ind... satellite transponders

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 8:08pm On Dec 12, 2018
Tech demonstrators for laser communications

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Xbee007(m): 3:21pm On Dec 13, 2018
To avoid mysterious falls that could lead to black eye, broken bones, jaws and ribs, please don't stab a soldier in the back.

4 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 13, 2018
Nice video about the T90S , in russian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bz3f0qiD5M

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 13, 2018
Xbee007:
To avoid mysterious falls that could lead to black eye, broken bones, jaws and ribs, please don't stab a soldier in the back.

It's seems the guy kept falling grin

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Xbee007(m): 5:11pm On Dec 13, 2018
nemesis8u:

It's seems the guy kept falling grin
They probably saved him from falling to death, soldiers are that nice. grin grin grin ;
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 8:22am On Dec 14, 2018
Xbee007:
grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by bidexiii: 8:40am On Dec 14, 2018
Modern Israeli infantry fighting vehicle shows its anti-tank capability

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by GabrielYulaw(m): 4:18pm On Dec 14, 2018
bidexiii:
Modern Israeli infantry fighting vehicle shows its anti-tank capability

I don't like the Israelis but I do respect their capacity for innovation. Naija keeps buying main battle tanks when what we actually need are heavy IFVs like the Namer and BMPT. Alternatively, since Russia has tens of thousands of T-62 and T-72 tanks in reserve or awaiting scraping, we can beg and obtain a few hundred of these for free and pay to turn them into heavy IFVs. These will be equipped with anti-tank missiles, multiple cannons and sensors. That makes much more sense considering the threats faced by our troops and is more cost effective than what we are currently doing. But that will never happen, cos the Nigerian army is run by idi0ts, and th1eves whose main reason of being is to enrich themselves.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by bidexiii: 9:39pm On Dec 14, 2018
GabrielYulaw:

I don't like the Israelis but I do respect their capacity for innovation. Naija keeps buying main battle tanks when what we actually need are heavy IFVs like the Namer and BMPT. Alternatively, since Russia has tens of thousands of T-62 and T-72 tanks in reserve or awaiting scraping, we can beg and obtain a few hundred of these for free and pay to turn them into heavy IFVs. These will be equipped with anti-tank missiles, multiple cannons and sensors. That makes much more sense considering the threats faced by our troops and is more cost effective than what we are currently doing. But that will never happen, cos the Nigerian army is run by idi0ts, and th1eves whose main reason of being is to enrich themselves.

True yarn cool
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Seened: 12:40pm On Dec 15, 2018
Myanmar Air Force today inaugurated JF-17M Thunder fighters and medium transport aircraft.

5 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by giles14(m): 7:20pm On Dec 15, 2018
Seened:
Myanmar Air Force today inaugurated JF-17M Thunder fighters and medium transport aircraft.
naija which way
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by giles14(m): 7:34pm On Dec 15, 2018
GabrielYulaw:

on point.

for me we can even convert our Vickers to a Heavy tracked IFV just like the BMPT.

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Seened: 8:14pm On Dec 15, 2018
giles14:
naija which way
I've been excitedly expectant for like 4 years or so now for the first delivery of the JF-17s. Been thoroughly disappointed.
At this rate I won't be surprised if NAF receives the Super Tucanoes from Sierra Nevada co. before the Thunders start arriving from Pakistan. Sighs sad
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Seened: 9:23pm On Dec 15, 2018
When they say you can't eat your weight in metal...

C-5 Galaxy prepping to transport C-130 fuselage

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Odunayaw(m): 1:26am On Dec 16, 2018
grin Dedicated to...well you know them

4 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by GabrielYulaw(m): 3:23pm On Dec 16, 2018
Seened:

I've been excitedly expectant for like 4 years or so now for the first delivery of the JF-17s. Been thoroughly disappointed.
At this rate I won't be surprised if NAF receives the Super Tucanoes from Sierra Nevada co. before the Thunders start arriving from Pakistan. Sighs sad

Is the JF-17 what is actually required? Are they going to be dogfighting with Boko Haram planes or the Chadian Air Force? While ostensibly multi role, the payload and range of the JF-17 is simply too limited to be useful to us.

The perfect plane for us would had been the SU34 Platypus. This carries 12 tons of bombs across great distances and can be air refuelled. Thus, it can stay on station for maybe 24 hours patiently waiting for Boko Haram to show themselves and get bombed to Kingdom come.
If we beg well, Russia can even give these to us from it's own stocks and help us maintain it. This means it can be available in months, rather than years as with the Tucano and JF17. Plus we are buying far too little of either to be useful.

As well, what is stopping us from buying C-130 Hercules planes or its equivalent and equipping these with cannons, bombs and missiles like the American AC-130? I simply don't understand the Nigerian army staff. Is it that they don't have brains or what?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 6:30pm On Dec 16, 2018

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 6:31pm On Dec 16, 2018

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 5:31am On Dec 17, 2018
GabrielYulaw:

Is the JF-17 what is actually required? Are they going to be dogfighting with Boko Haram planes or the Chadian Air Force? While ostensibly multi role, the payload and range of the JF-17 is simply too limited to be useful to us.

The perfect plane for would had been the SU34 Platypus. This carries 12 tons of bombs across great distances and can be air refuelled. Thus, it can stay on station for maybe 24 hours patiently waiting for Boko Haram to show themselves and get bombed to Kingdom come.
If we beg well, Russia can even give these to us from it's own stocks and help us maintain it. This means it can be available in months, rather than years as with the Tucano and JF17. Plus we are buying far too little of either to be useful.

As well, what is stopping us from buying C-130 Hercules planes or its equivalent and equipping these with cannons, bombs and missiles like the American AC-130? I simply don't understand the Nigerian army staff. Is it that they don't have brains or what?

When I eventually become the Nigerian President, you will be my Defense Minister - but you must shave that beard. grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by GabrielYulaw(m): 9:29am On Dec 17, 2018
Zoharariel:

When I eventually become the Nigerian President, you will be my Defense Minister - but you must shave that beard. grin

Hahaha. That picture is 3 years old and the beard is long gone. I would really love to be the defense minister and make lots of heads roll.

For starters I will make weapons procurement more open, treat corruption in the armed forces as worthy of a court-martial and get Russian Spetnaz to train, retrain, and re-re-train our armed forces till they are very, very disciplined professionals.

More, our armed forces are simply too small for the giant of Africa and the size must at least be doubled. The military will be tasked with making some money for its upkeep by farming on a commercial scale and manufacturing varied products for local and international sale.

Our armaments must be streamlined. Even now I am unsure what exactly our standard issue rifle is, because there are like a dozen different rifles in stock serving essentially the same purpose. This is a logistical nightmare.

Our acquisition process makes absolutely no sense. We will buy 3 tanks from China, from Libya, from Mars, from Jupiter and from Hades, with all tanks being of different abilities and requiring different maintenance. This is totally insane. We must standardize our armaments and buy directly from the producing countries, rather than from middle men who give us very inferior products at three times the cost of new ones.

Finally, a probe must be conducted and all those found guilty of stealing funds meant for weapons procurement that leaves the army unprepared for its enemies will be tried. If found guilty all their assets must be seized and sold off. Then they will be bound hand and foot and airdropped over Sambisa forest. Let Boko Haram eat those devious traitors for lunch.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Seened: 11:13am On Dec 17, 2018
GabrielYulaw:

Is the JF-17 what is actually required? Are they going to be dogfighting with Boko Haram planes or the Chadian Air Force? While ostensibly multi role, the payload and range of the JF-17 is simply too limited...

Many followers of the Nigerian military and its acquisitions felt the same as you when the JF-17s were first ordered years ago. Some questioned the choice of the Thunders; others the rationale behind ordering from an "unproven" Pakistan instead of China. But there is really nothing one can do when you are not a member of the top decision making echelon of the military. If I recall correctly news about the JF-17s only became public after orders were made.
***Tough luck; we will have to make do with what is provided and available***

SU 34 is an aircraft I'd love NAF to acquire. However the Platypus is a twin engine fighter-bomber and one must be realistic about the conditions on ground (limited miltary funding for example). Can we afford the number of units required? Can the airforce budget accommodate the per hour operating cost of such platforms? Does it match our present and likely future threats? Can it perform the close air support operations we desperately need?

These are just a few of the questions that comes to mind. If we can afford it and it fits the role it's needed for then all good. But with the kind of constraints we face I would rank a multirole aircraft that can perform cas way above a dedicated fighter-bomber on our acquisition list. (Note: I'm NOT justifying the choice of JF-17s).

On the C-130s: again affordability keeps rearing its head. And I agree with you completely on the competence of the top staff in the military. Unless for a few bright heads most lack that pragmatic, out-of-the-box mindset needed for such times as this.

Note that this is just a personal opinion and it is highly subjective.

P.S.: Zoharariel's Ijebu juju only works without the beard; reason he wants it shaved wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 12:58pm On Dec 17, 2018
Wind tunnel testing of scale model of the under development DRDO Rudra air to surface high supersonic missile ( mach 4 )

Most probably Rudra 2
Other varients r Rudra 2A and Rudra 3 ( hypersonic speed )

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 17, 2018
Third prototype of LUH lifts off. Made the first flight on December 14

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 2:35pm On Dec 17, 2018
DRDO AEW&C at CopeIndia2018 exercise with USAF

2 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 2:36pm On Dec 17, 2018
Russian Navy cruiser Varyag with its signature 8 pairs of P-500 canisters deploying the P-1000 Vulkan anti-ship missile. Seen here with tanker INS Jyoti & Russian Udaloy-class destroyer Admiral Panteleyev at the ongoing INDRANAVY18 exercise.

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 2:40pm On Dec 17, 2018
Ind.. & Russian pilots on joint Su-30 MKI flights today at AviaIndra2018.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) ... (667) (Reply)

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.