Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,978 members, 7,863,482 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:40 PM

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc - Foreign Affairs (540) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc (1002940 Views)

President Zuma Had Telephonic Discussions With President Trump / Photos: Heavy U.S Military Equipments Arrives Germany Against Russian. / @elbinawi Tweets On International Qudsday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) ... (668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 3:13pm On Sep 25, 2019
Damn Vikram lander has died undecided

Eulogy :

Don't remember me with sadness

Don't remember me with tears

Remember with the nail biting moments

As I french kissed the moon's ground in a hurry

My life was worthwhile

Till one of my damned thrusters overperformed

Knowing that I along the way to moons south pole

I made everybody happy

So please don't be unhappy

Just becz I am out of sight

Freezed to death in the damn 14 days of bitter cold night

Remember that I am always with u only 384400 km away on moon embarassed

Atunsun ! pls observe a few seconds of silence for the frozen departed.

RIP
May the ever elusive aliens keep eternal watch over it.

And don't let any earthlings steal the parts angry

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 3:16pm On Sep 25, 2019
Tonbo border surveillance system

2 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by SuperSixSeven: 6:32pm On Sep 25, 2019
Pro's guide to CQB | Solo CQB Force on Force

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PMHdE1ZZeE
Last Episode for now![i][/i]

2 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by lionel4power(m): 8:09pm On Sep 25, 2019
nemesis8u:
Damn Vikram lander has died undecided
Eulogy :
Don't remember me with sadness
Don't remember me with tears
Remember with the nail biting moments
As I french kissed the moon's ground in a hurry
My life was worthwhile
Till one of my damned thrusters overperformed
Knowing that I along the way to moons south pole
I made everybody happy
So please don't be unhappy
Just becz I am out of sight
Freezed to death in the damn 14 days of bitter cold night
Remember that I am always with u only 384400 km away on moon embarassed

Atunsun ! pls observe a few seconds of silence for the frozen departed.
RIP May the ever elusive aliens keep eternal watch over it.
And don't let any earthlings steal the parts angry

this guy sef?? smiley

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by SuperSixSeven: 12:10pm On Sep 27, 2019
[1] Ind.ia Army Gorkha Rifles Regiment
[2] USAF Security Forces Humvee

3 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by kikuyu1(m): 7:45pm On Sep 27, 2019
Sukhoi developed the super manoeuvrability concept in their 34s/5s and 7s due to a time lag in dog fights when opposing FSBs after high energy confrontations lose speed.
Thrust vector control allows an extra 3 seconds to reacquire enemy AC .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26s1fDrdoXA

The thing is these slow motion rolls,loops and stalls amazing as they are are being done on a clean wing Sue-ie,without ordnance to increase drag. Still,worth a look!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by kikuyu1(m): 8:01pm On Sep 27, 2019
nemesis8u:

Your suggestion is a good feasible solution for IAF to build up its inventory but my question is to what end ?

At the simplistic level of reasoning

Depends on what ones goals r in terms of developing national capabilities vis a vis developing the airforce's capabilities vis a vis developing capabilities of both concurrently

Developing and productionising a weapon system all by oneself ensures sovereignty of both platform and operational control.

Economic scientific and industrial benefits are additional

And importantly might serve as a geopolitical tool and at the very least as a bargaining tool to obtain better weapons systems of the same type with better capabilities and ToT otherwise chances r one will only end up with monkey version.

Why is LM , Boeing , Dassault etc offering top of the line variants of their platforms with offers of local production ?

One of the main reason is LCA , difficult to fanthom but nevertheless a over riding factor.

And last but not the least without LCA , AMCA is not happening

Everyone, that was a free masterclass in long-term geopolitical thinking! Ten likes!

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by SuperSixSeven: 9:01pm On Sep 27, 2019
[1] Royal Malaysian Air Force, 18th Squadron F-18D Hornet.
[2] 24th Reconnaissance Regiment "Gergely Bornemissza" of the Hungarian Defense Forces

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:00pm On Sep 27, 2019
kikuyu1:
Sukhoi developed the super manoeuvrability concept in their 34s/5s and 7s due to a time lag in dog fights when opposing FSBs after high energy confrontations lose speed.
Thrust vector control allows an extra 3 seconds to reacquire enemy AC .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26s1fDrdoXA

The thing is these slow motion rolls,loops and stalls amazing as they are are being done on a clean wing Sue-ie,without ordnance to increase drag. Still,worth a look!

How I wish Nigeria could buy a squadron of this sexy machine. My joy would know no bounds - but the bastards in Abuja would rather waste $496Million on a useless Super Tucano that won't be delivered until the year 2024.

By then, Boko Haram/ISWAP would be marching from house to house in Abuja plucking Nigerian Soldiers & their families like mangoes & guavas for breakfast. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tMxxfXg34I

3 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by kikuyu1(m): 10:18pm On Sep 27, 2019
Zoharariel:

How I wish Nigeria could buy a squadron of this sexy machine. My joy would know no bounds - but the bastards in Abuja would rather waste $496Million on a useless Super Tucano that won't be delivered until the year 2024.

By then, Boko Haram/ISWAP would be marching from house to house in Abuja plucking Nigerian Soldiers & their families like mangoes & guavas for breakfast. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tMxxfXg34I

That's at least 80 mn USD a pop! Plus at least 6 mn USD a year to run. A 12 ship squadron would be 960 mn USD and Russians typically don't bend over backwards with after sales service on these high maintenance FSBs unless its in serious numbers.
Ask nemesis8u how the IAF begged,pleaded and wept for them to fulfill their contractual service agreement for their 30s early 2000s.

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:41pm On Sep 27, 2019
kikuyu1:

That's at least 80 mn USD a pop! Plus at least 6 mn USD a year to run. A 12 ship squadron would be 960 mn USD and Russians typically don't bend over backwards with after sales service on these high maintenance FSBs unless its in serious numbers.
Ask nemesis8u how the IAF begged,pleaded and wept for them to fulfill their contractual service agreement for their 30s early 2000s.

Is Algeria richer than Nigeria? grin

https://countryeconomy.com/countries/compare/algeria/nigeria

https://militarywatchmagazine.com/article/algerian-air-force-makes-large-order-for-russian-su-35-next-generation-fighters-su-34-strike-jets-to-follow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ-OMsYUbso

2 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by kikuyu1(m): 10:59pm On Sep 27, 2019

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by SuperSixSeven: 10:48am On Sep 28, 2019
kikuyu1:

That's at least 80 mn USD a pop! Plus at least 6 mn USD a year to run.

Its a beast that needs alot of attention.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 12:07pm On Sep 28, 2019
SuperSixSeven:

Its a beast that needs alot of attention.

More like the buyer should have been a tad more smarter to not get conned.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 28, 2019
Flight Testing of HAL’s first AI-based system has commenced on the Hawk-i.

It was integrated with indigenous Voice Activated Command System (VACS) and completed its first sortie a few months ago.

The VACS, designed and developed by SLRDC is a Speech Recognition System which recognises pilot voice commands and sends the recognised commands to the Mission Computer for required action. This reduces the pilot workload and allows more focus on critical tasks.

Later, on successful trails and integration , the same will be ported to LCA and integrated to MWF and AMCA.

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:23pm On Sep 28, 2019
2nd scorpene commissioned yesterday

1 Share

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 28, 2019
In mali

3 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 29, 2019
lipsrsealed

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:41am On Sep 29, 2019
smiley

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:47am On Sep 29, 2019

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 12:03pm On Sep 29, 2019
A new mobile radar system based on BEL 3D C/D Band Air Surveillance Radar which was revealed during defence expo 18 , it is a Multi-Function Active Phased Array Radar with Solid state Transceiver for Land and Naval applications. The Radar provides 3 dimensional target data along with Doppler data.

The Radar employs multi-beam in elevation, mono pulse in azimuth, Digital Pulse compression, Pulse Doppler and many Advanced and contemporary Technologies, with very elegant and modular architecture. These technologies enable detection of very low RCS targets from complex land and sea clutter and jamming environment.

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 29, 2019
Another new radar system

ADTCR air defence tactical control radar system

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 29, 2019
This one is very interesting info from a DRDO conference shocked

I don't think u guys expected this grin

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 29, 2019
Stand off mines can be used against helicopters

Placing them at possible LZ sites can destroy any hovering helicopters trying to land within its range from a distance .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by SuperSixSeven: 3:36pm On Sep 29, 2019
Russian Spetznas operator (probably FSB) in the Caucuses

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 5:17pm On Sep 29, 2019
nemesis8u:

The blinking of LED lights associated with the hard disk and processor in a laptop or computer can also be used to steal data wink

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 5:41pm On Sep 29, 2019
ALFA(S) - Air Launched Flexible Asset (Swarm)

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 5:41pm On Sep 29, 2019
grin

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 29, 2019
Pressurized containers for Akash
Shelve life more than 10 years

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 5:47pm On Sep 29, 2019
Some latest techs being employed for LCA program

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 29, 2019
Model of smart target designator sight and stabilized smart target designator sight

Used in naval ships as a backup for CIWS and guns incase the radars or EO sensors fail or gets destroyed.

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Odunayaw(m): 7:16pm On Sep 29, 2019
nemesis8u:

back to using horns,beagles etc

(1) (2) (3) ... (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) ... (668) (Reply)

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.