Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,947 members, 7,866,567 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 08:12 PM

Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here (70625 Views)

14 Inspiring Bible Verses About God's Love / 10 Hard Questions About Speaking In Tongues With Answers / Islam Or Christianity? Which Is True? Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by raphieMontella: 10:59am On Aug 15, 2016
Image123:

It was passed down to us, so why would you think that it was not passed down to the primary/direct audience?
because its a fantasy..
Ts smtin written by men..
Frm ur stand..i can as well write in my biography(or diary) that i had a special eyesight and that from earth i cud see planet 186f and its inhabitants vividly...and pass it on to my kids nd they pass it on also and then it becomes truth...
Ryt?

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by menesheh(m): 2:31pm On Aug 15, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

That's new earth creationism but the creation story is on re-creating the world and restoring the heavenly bodies' functionalities on earth .

if you don't have anything useful to say like you always do , please leave the thread angry

But i said something nah. Thanks goodness to hear that you are not a young earth creationist. Atleast you accepts that the universe is some billions of light years, and that its present outlook formed accumulatively overtime not spontaneously.

Despite disagreement and rows on some issues which is inevitable as far as our worldview differs, i still love your curiosity to research on some of all these than bunch of Nigerians who don't give a damn.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Image123(m): 4:32pm On Aug 15, 2016
raphieMontella:

because its a fantasy..
Ts smtin written by men..
Frm ur stand..i can as well write in my biography(or diary) that i had a special eyesight and that from earth i cud see planet 186f and its inhabitants vividly...and pass it on to my kids nd they pass it on also and then it becomes truth...
Ryt?

You complained about the LENGTH not the veracity. If the long message can be passed on till date, there's nothing hard passing it to the direct audience as my friend KingEbuka explained. Know what you are asking instead of aimlessly shifting the goal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 9:46pm On Aug 15, 2016
@kingebukasblog
Why did Yahweh seek to kill Moses in Exodus4:24
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:23pm On Aug 16, 2016
4kings:

I'm uncertain about this.

You have delineated yourself as a man of reasoning . I want you to give me reasons for and against it
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:29pm On Aug 16, 2016
4kings:
@kingebukasblog

Moses defied God's command on circumcision and that was a sinful act . I mean if he can't abide by the rules in that case on circumcision , how would he lead Israel and make them obey God's commands .
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 10:29pm On Aug 16, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You have delineated yourself as a man of reasoning . I want you to give me reasons for and against it
How?
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:32pm On Aug 16, 2016
raphieMontella:

lemmme make it more clearer...
Matthew 2:11 sherpeds met jesus in the house..
Luke 2:16 they met jesus in the manger..
A house differs frm a manger...
U may want to say compounnd bt
In the compound is different frm in the house...
If u can grab..
So where was jesus born?
Which do u choose and why?

There is no problem here bro ,you are the one trying to create one . A manger is not a house and a house is not a manger .
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:34pm On Aug 16, 2016
4kings:

How?

Uncertainty could imply you have contradictory ideas- for and against - on reincarnation . You are ambivalent on reincarnation . So let's see them .
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 10:40pm On Aug 16, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Moses defied God's command on circumcision and that was a sinful act . I mean if he can't abide by the rules in that case on circumcision , how would he lead Israel and make them obey God's commands .
Whoaa, I got it twisted. Honourhim, here is why God sought to kill Moses.
But if Moses was killed, wouldn't that have frustrated God's plan.
Remember, He told Abraham the exact amount of years(400) Isreal would be enslaved or do u think there could have been alternatives then?
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:42pm On Aug 16, 2016
4kings:

Whoaa, I got it twisted. Honourhim, here is why God sought to kill Moses.
But if Moses was killed, wouldn't that have frustrated God's plan.
Remember, He told Abraham the exact amount of years(400) Isreal would be enslaved or do u think there could have been alternatives then?

You mean the God that wanted to kill him couldn't possibly get another replacement ?
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 11:39pm On Aug 16, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Uncertainty could imply you have contradictory ideas- for and against - on reincarnation . You are ambivalent on reincarnation . So let's see them .
Argument against - No proof grin

Argument for - The reason behind de javu is uncertain, only hypotheses. But as far as we know, the "subconscious" sends the "conscious" info it has never experienced. Michio kaku suggest connecting to alternate universe, but the underlying fact is that the Subconscious retains or receive foreign information, which is kinda creepy.
So there is some form of evidence that our "Subconsciousness"("probably" the soul), might "have its own life"(you dig?) - My thoughts

But I am still very skeptical.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 11:45pm On Aug 16, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You mean the God that wanted to kill him couldn't possibly get another replacement ?
OK, don't bite me undecided
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:51pm On Aug 16, 2016
4kings:

Argument against - No proof grin

Argument for - The reason behind de javu is uncertain, only hypotheses. But as far as we know, the "subconscious" sends the "conscious" info it has never experienced. Michio kaku suggest connecting to alternate universe, but the underlying fact is that the Subconscious retains or receive foreign information, which is kinda creepy.
So there is some form of evidence that our "Subconsciousness"("probably" the soul), might "have its own life"(you dig?) - My thoughts

But I am still very skeptical.

Reincarnation is nothing close to this bro . Deja vu is totally different from reincarnation .You love talking about the sub conscious , why
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:52pm On Aug 16, 2016
4kings:

OK, don't bite me undecided

grin grin .Its was fun letting you know it was a dumb question wink tongue tongue tongue
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 12:44am On Aug 17, 2016
[qoute]
You love talking about the sub conscious , why [/quote]
Durrhh!, it's fascinating and mysterious.

KingEbukasBlog:

Reincarnation is nothing close to this bro . Deja vu is totally different from reincarnation .
I know this is very very very very crazy, but I don't pay much attention to it anyway. Just one of my woolgathering ideas. grin
If Michio's claim of alternate universes is correct, then it is also possible that a soul in Earth1 could be reincarnated in Earth2(with a different timeline and actions that correspond, would provoke de javu when in the right frequency).
Awkward!!!!, yeah I know undecided, but I was just thinking about all the possibilities that would be, if Michio's alternate universe is true. So my basis for reincarnation is dependent on the existence of alternate universes and the link that connects them.
Besides if there is a noninterventionist Designer, who can know his awkward plans.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 12:46am On Aug 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

grin grin .Its was fun letting you know it was a dumb question wink tongue tongue tongue
Stop gloating. It might be a SIN to Yahweh.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:05am On Aug 17, 2016
4kings:
[qoute]
You love talking about the sub conscious , why
Durrhh!, it's fascinating and mysterious.

Reincarnation is nothing close to this bro . Deja vu is totally different from reincarnation .
I know this is very very very very crazy, but I don't pay much attention to it anyway. Just one of my woolgathering ideas. grin
If Michio's claim of alternate universes is correct, then it is also possible that a soul in Earth1 could be reincarnated in Earth2(with a different timeline and actions that correspond, would provoke de javu when in the right frequency).
Awkward!!!!, yeah I know undecided, but I was just thinking about all the possibilities that would be, if Michio's alternate universe is true. So my basis for reincarnation is dependent on the existence of alternate universes and the link that connects them.
Besides if there is a noninterventionist Designer, who can know his awkward plans.

If there is an alternate universe then indeed Earth1 has witnessed the events Earth2 is experiencing- that could be why deja vu seems to give you a kind of certainty that you have experienced a particular moment or event before. I get lots of deja vus .

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by raphieMontella: 2:14pm On Aug 17, 2016
Image123:

You complained about the LENGTH not the veracity. If the long message can be passed on till date, there's nothing hard passing it to the direct audience as my friend KingEbuka explained. Know what you are asking instead of aimlessly shifting the goal.
i am always conscious of what i type...ebuka claimed the army generals helped pass the message to 1.2m soldiers...i then said what is the probability of such occuring wit the length of such a message and the number of soldiers involved...he said he only gave ways it cud have happened...bt u then said..if it was passed down thatt the writer of chronicles cud get it and write it down..then it was passed down to the soldiers..
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by raphieMontella: 2:16pm On Aug 17, 2016
Image123:

so i said..if i write such myself to my kids..does it make it true?
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by raphieMontella: 2:19pm On Aug 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

There is no problem here bro ,you are the one trying to create one . A manger is not a house and a house is not a manger .
the problem here is that one of the gospel writers lied...
Jesus cant be born in both a manger and a house...
A house difffers frm a manger...try to prove me wrong
i wanna create a thread...fresh one..for some tinz i feel are wrong...then u nd ur friends shud prove me wrong...
New topics..nt the regular old ones weve seen on nairaland
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:25pm On Aug 17, 2016
raphieMontella:

the problem here is that one of the gospel writers lied...
Jesus cant be born in both a manger and a house...
A house difffers frm a manger...try to prove me wrong
i wanna create a thread...fresh one..for some tinz i feel are wrong...then u nd ur friends shud prove me wrong...
New topics..nt the regular old ones weve seen on nairaland

Dude please show me pictures of a manger and house
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by raphieMontella: 3:35pm On Aug 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Dude please show me pictures of a manger and house
smtin like that...

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:37pm On Aug 17, 2016
raphieMontella:

smtin like that...

Then where exactly is the problem bro ? I can't still see it honestly
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I want to understand why you gave this interpretation. Expantiate.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by raphieMontella: 3:59pm On Aug 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Then where exactly is the problem bro ? I can't still see it honestly
a manger is nt a house..and a house is nt a manger... How can a person be born in both? A manger cannot be inside a house... Two authors said two different tinz..who is the right one?
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 17, 2016
raphieMontella:
was jesus born in a house or a manger?
Matthew 2:11-in a house
luke 2:7-in a manger..there was no room in the inn.

The events mentioned in those verses did not happen within the same time frame. A considerable time have passed between events in Matthew and that at Luke.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Image123(m): 8:56pm On Aug 17, 2016
raphieMontella:

i am always conscious of what i type...ebuka claimed the army generals helped pass the message to 1.2m soldiers...i then said what is the probability of such occuring wit the length of such a message and the number of soldiers involved...he said he only gave ways it cud have happened...bt u then said..if it was passed down thatt the writer of chronicles cud get it and write it down..then it was passed down to the soldiers..

Yes, it only makes sense that if a vehicle (message) can reach 10km, then it will reach 10m. That's commonsense.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Image123(m): 8:59pm On Aug 17, 2016
raphieMontella:
so i said..if i write such myself to my kids..does it make it true?
If you are saying the truth, then it is true.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by raphieMontella: 4:13am On Aug 18, 2016
JMAN05:

The events mentioned in those verses did not happen within the same time frame. A considerable time have passed between events in Matthew and that at Luke.
lol bruh...u did nt read the bible...
Read it and understand the issue there
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by raphieMontella: 4:17am On Aug 18, 2016
Image123:

Yes, it only makes sense that if a vehicle (message) can reach 10km, then it will reach 10m. That's commonsense.
exactly my point...u believe it cs its in the ''bible''...i choose nt to because in the earth i live in..it is nt possible..
Like i said....telling my kids that i can see the inhabitants of planet kelper 186f does nt make it true....
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by malvisguy212: 10:14am On Aug 18, 2016
4kings:
@kingebukasblog
God command the israelites to be circumcised after 8 days, Moses knew that all Israelites were to be circumcised. But his wife Zipporah was not an israelite, she was a midinites ( although the midinite descendant of Abraham through his second wife katurah) the midinites do not follow the abrahamic covenant of circumcision. Instead moses obey his wife not to circumcised his two children, God was furious with him, so God want to show him how serious He is concerning breaking of His commandment. God did not kill him, he only show moses The danger of breaking His comand.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (39) (Reply)

My Church, First Baptist Abuja Shared Rice And 10,000 Cash To Ease Lockdown / US Honours Deborah Samuel Killed In Sokoto / Zimbabwean Prophet Pays Man & Woman To Fake Getting Stuck During Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.