Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,074 members, 7,852,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:54 PM

Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here - Religion (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here (70432 Views)

14 Inspiring Bible Verses About God's Love / 10 Hard Questions About Speaking In Tongues With Answers / Islam Or Christianity? Which Is True? Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:39am On Nov 12, 2016
4kings:

Na u sabi
It could be androgynous wink

Androgyny is related to sexes involving humans grin
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 10:25am On Nov 12, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Androgyny is related to sexes involving humans grin
U've not answered my questions, including the feedback of the search u were supposed to do
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:29am On Nov 12, 2016
4kings:

U've not answered my questions, including the feedback of the search u were supposed to do

Yeaahhh , true . Ok , outline all the questions you want to me answer , excluding the search - I'll get back to you specially on that one .
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 10:44am On Nov 12, 2016
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:02am On Nov 12, 2016
4kings:

https://www.nairaland.com/3220590/questions-god-bible-christianity-bring/25#50934995

With the Holy Spirit , there is divine guidance , there is the conviction of sin , you abominate sin or immoral life, enthusiasm in doing God's work etc .

https://www.nairaland.com/3220590/questions-god-bible-christianity-bring/26#50949382

Atheism blatantly rejects the nature of good and evil because it believes the source of morality which is God does not exist . So they let authorities to decide what's good or evil (societal laws/secular morality ) or decide themselves (subjective morality )

Your opinion on this too; https://www.nairaland.com/3220590/questions-god-bible-christianity-bring/21#48907190

Freewill is not concerned with the consequence of one's actions . Freewill is about having choices , like an untrammeled life . You are free to do whatever you want but you should be ready to face the consequence of your actions be it good or bad .

God's sovereignty comes into play in cases of predestination .
https://www.nairaland.com/3220590/questions-god-bible-christianity-bring/22#49190168 grin

How exactly did Jesus commit suicide grin

Outline not tongue

So you decided to stress me , well done oo
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 11:20am On Nov 12, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

With the Holy Spirit , there is divine guidance , there is the conviction of sin , you abominate sin or immoral life, enthusiasm in doing God's work etc .
This is not satisfactory. Every christian(even most irreligious guys) should know this.
Stop being evasive, do u seriousy not understand what i'm getting at? angry

Atheism blatantly rejects the nature of good and evil because it believes the source of morality which is God does not exist . So they let authorities to decide what's good or evil (societal laws/secular morality ) or decide themselves (subjective morality )
Before i go further on this, what would u say about deism, pantheism or freethinking in general.

Freewill is not concerned with the consequence of one's actions . Freewill is about having choices , like an untrammeled life . You are free to do whatever you want but you should be ready to face the consequence of your actions be it good or bad .

God's sovereignty comes into play in cases of predestination .
lipsrsealed

How exactly did Jesus commit sin grin
Suicide!!!

So you decided to stress me , well done oo
tongue
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:33am On Nov 12, 2016
4kings:

This is not satisfactory. Every christian(even most irreligious guys) should know this.
Stop being evasive, do u seriousy not understand what i'm getting at? angry

The best way to understand what it means to have the Holy Spirit is to actually have the Holy Spirit . When you experience the Holy Spirit yourself then you can have the best understanding of how He works .

Before i go further on this, what would u say about deism, pantheism or freethinking in general.

Didn't I just ask you to explain what good and evil is to a deist . You don forget

I'm still waiting for Sarrassin to explain what good and evil is to a pantheist

Freethinkers would most likely subscribe to secular morality

lipsrsealed

You asked for my opinion and this is your response ? Anyway , the intelligent robot has freewill , and the creator isn't culpable for the robot's actions because freewill is not concerned with the consequence of your actions . So if the robot does something bad , it is not flagitious to deactivate the robot forever .

The same way God gave humans freewill and shouldn't be blamed for the evil man does . And is right to punish the errant human for his aberration .

Suicide!!!

So why did Jesus commit suicide ?

Anyway , Jesus is the best example of predestination . Jesus' death was predestined as the recourse to save man from the wrath of God .

tongue

undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 11:50am On Nov 12, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

The best way to understand what it means to have the Holy Spirit is to actually have the Holy Spirit . When you experience the Holy Spirit yourself then you can have the best understanding of how He works .
Been there, but i still had that question in mind, but i let it slide cos of "Faith".
And u still haven't given a reasonable answer.

Didn't I just ask you to explain what good and evil is to a deist . You don forget

I'm still waiting for Sarrassin to explain what good and evil is to a pantheist

Freethinkers would most likely subscribe to secular morality
So why don't you ask an atheist on his opinion of good and evil?

You asked for my opinion and this is your response ? Anyway , the intelligent robot has freewill , and the creator isn't culpable for the robot's actions because freewill is not concerned with the consequence of your actions . So if the robot does something bad , it is not flagitious to deactivate the robot forever .
Right, not torture.

The same way God gave humans freewill and shouldn't be blamed for the evil man does . And is right to punish the errant human for his aberration .
I don't wanna go down there

So why did Jesus commit suicide ?

Anyway , Jesus is the best example of predestination . Jesus' death was predestined as to recourse to save man from the wrath of God .
Finally, this was why he committed SUICIDE grin grin grin tongue
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:29pm On Nov 12, 2016
4kings:

Been there, but i still had that question in mind, but i let it slide cos of "Faith".
And u still haven't given a reasonable answer.

You've been no where bro . If you have had the Holy Spirit , no modicum of doubt would have come to mind because there is that divine assurance . Another wonderful thing about having the Holy Spirit is clairvoyance , sometimes .

So why don't you ask an atheist on his opinion of good and evil?

Its gratuitous to ask for his opinion since he fails to acknowledge the source of morality which is God . The atheist believes life has no purpose , no meaning and that good and evil do not exist in reality and they are just human constructs that can evolve as time goes on .

Right, not torture.

I don't

I don't wanna go down there

This is redolent of that popular project fame video .

*Singing : I dont wana go there

Finally, this was why he committed SUICIDE grin grin grin tongue

Lol , I get what you mean
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 1:14pm On Nov 12, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You've been no where bro . If you have had the Holy Spirit , no modicum of doubt will come to mind because there is that divine assurance .
At first i had no doubt.
But when i kept listening to messages and doing some personal study, (still having a christian view then,) i found out that most of the doctrines i accepted as right were inconsistent or i get fresh "rhema" (like on universalism, purpose, or the other thread currently goin on about speaking in tongues and so on).
Consequently, i would think (1corinthians 2:9-10) was taking effect in my life and i would sometimes tell myself, "4kings, you were wrong, and the holyspirit is making his words clearer to you and having a deeper relationship with you", but the thought of me having conviction on a previous subject matter and also considering the fact that i thought i was inspired by the holyspirit, was hugely part of what made me later start questioning christian doctrines(testing the spirit) and eventually not accepting the core christian beliefs.

Another wonderful thing about having the Holy Spirit is clairvoyance , sometimes .
Faith sometimes makes u see what is not there, no matter your religion.

Its gratuitous to ask for his opinion since he fails to acknowledge the source of morality which is God . The atheist believes life has no purpose , no meaning and that good and evil do not exist in reality and they are just human constructs that can evolve as time goes on .
The source of morality to a deist is not God.
So wetin u dey yarn?

This is redolent of that popular project fame video .

*Singing : I dont wana go there
cheesy I thought u wont get it
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:33pm On Nov 12, 2016
4kings:
At first i had no doubt.
But when i kept listening to messages and doing some personal study, (still having a christian view then,) i found out that most of the doctrines i accepted as right were inconsistent or i get fresh "rhema" (like on universalism, purpose, or the other thread currently goin on about speaking in tongues and so on).
Consequently, i would think (1corinthians 2:9-10) was taking effect in my life and i would sometimes tell myself, "4kings, you were wrong, and the holyspirit is making his words clearer to you and having a deeper relationship with you", but the thought of me having conviction on a previous subject matter and also considering the fact that i thought i was inspired by the holyspirit, was hugely part of what made me later start questioning christian doctrines(testing the spirit) and eventually not accepting the core christian beliefs.

You are working on presumptions - you felt you had the Holy Spirit . So after your transition to deism , did ever think "what if I never had the Holy Spirit and I was only inveigled to question my faith by the devil ? " I think all you needed was spiritual guidance from the Church or Chaplaincy. And you failed to get that .

Faith sometimes makes u see what is not there, no matter your religion.

The point is that when the time comes, it turns out to be true every time .

The source of morality to a deist is not God
So wetin u dey yarn?

To a deist , morality is intrinsic - ingrained by God . So God still remains the source .

cheesy I thought u wont get it
grin
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 3:42pm On Nov 12, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You are working on presumptions - you felt you had the Holy Spirit . So after your transition to deism , did ever think "what if I never had the Holy Spirit and I was only inveigled to question my faith by the devil ? " I think all you needed was spiritual guidance from the Church or Chaplaincy. And you failed to get that .
Ya, "the devil", i always considered that, but i let it go eventually.
Probably i didn't get enough spiritual guidance, but i still haven't gotten anything reasonable.
Still read my bible though, from the Gnostic point of view. wink

The point is that when the time comes, it turns out to be true every time .
I will get back on this, after u've completed that other research i told you to.

To a deist , morality is intrinsic - ingrained by God . So God still remains the source .

Ok.
The fact that atheists don't believe life has a purpose, does not mean that they don't have conscience or reason in the path of morality. An atheist can't butcher his kid simply because life has no purpose. You dig?
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:51pm On Nov 12, 2016
4kings:

Ya, "the devil", i always considered that, but i let it go eventually.
Probably i didn't get enough spiritual guidance, but i still haven't gotten anything reasonable.
Still read my bible though, from the Gnostic point of view. wink

Gnosticism is heresy bro .

I will get back on this, after u've completed that other research i told you to.

I'm taking my time because of how onerous my researches are .

Ok.
The fact that atheists don't believe life has a purpose, does not mean that they don't have conscience or reason in the path of morality. An atheist can't butcher his kid simply because life has no purpose. You dig?

Yeah . cool
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 9:08am On Nov 13, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Gnosticism is heresy bro .
You still haven't given me a good reason.
I've met another gnostic in nairaland, sukkot

I'm taking my time because of how onerous my researches are .
Okay

Yeah . cool
therefore their concept of morality is out of reasoning, which defines what's good or bad.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:20pm On Nov 13, 2016
4kings:

Gnosticism is utter nonsense . An example is Catharism .

KingEbukasBlog:

Well , the heretics peddled teachings that were contrary to the accepted doctrine of Church . There was Catharism that saw the god of the old testament as an evil god or Satan . According to the Cathars , the evil god created the physical realm while good God which the God of the New Testament created the spiritual realm . They believed that the human spirit were the genderless spirits of angels trapped within the physical creation of the evil god who will then undergo reincarnation . They were against marriage and assented to fornication .

Clearly , we can see that these heretical teachings are incongruous with the accepted doctrine of the Church .Catharism is heretical God is the same God of the Old and New Testament , and God is the creator of both the physical and spiritual realm . And Satan is not a creator god . Spirits are the immaterial part of man that connect to God . Of course we know that fornication is a sin .
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 6:34pm On Nov 13, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Gnosticism is utter nonsense . An example is Catharism .

I've not even heard of Catharism before now, apparently it started during the 12th and 14th century, and should in no way be a ground for this horrific generalization.

Here is a link to help you on your path to true Gnosticism wink
http://www.spiritofthescripture.com/
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:00pm On Nov 13, 2016
4kings:

I've not even heard of Catharism before now, apparently it started during the 12th and 14th century, and should in no way be a ground for this horrific generalization.

Catharism was a gnostic revival movement . Yeah yeah gnosticism began since the creation of man but there are movements which stemmed from it .

Here is a link to help you on your path to true Gnosticism wink
http://www.spiritofthescripture.com/

I plan to examine every heretical teaching in Christianity grin

Thanks for the link cool
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 7:04pm On Nov 13, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Catharism was a gnostic revival movement . Yeah yeah gnosticism began since the creation of man but there are movements which stemmed from it .
Thank God, we clear.

I plan to examine every heretical teaching in Christianity grin

Thanks for the link cool
Goodluck tongue
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:05pm On Nov 13, 2016
4kings:

Thank God, we clear.

Yup

Goodluck tongue

Lol . I'm a staunch Christian bro wink
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 7:07pm On Nov 13, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Lol . I'm a staunch Christian bro wink
Maybe the site will break staunchness
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:18pm On Nov 13, 2016
4kings:

Maybe the site will break staunchness

Heretical teachings are false . Falsehood can't overcome truth . I'll be there only for the knowledge and maybe use it to win arguments that's all.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 7:28pm On Nov 13, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Heretical teachings are false . Falsehood can't overcome truth . I'll be there only for the knowledge and maybe use it to win arguments that's all.
I don hear
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:46pm On Nov 13, 2016
4kings:

I don hear

Why you dey vex grin

Vex vex man

Exponent of false teachings
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 7:55pm On Nov 13, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Why you dey vex grin

Vex vex man

Exponent of false teachings
I no dey vex
Just waiting to see your refutations
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by sukkot: 2:45pm On Nov 14, 2016
4kings:

Okay

therefore their concept of morality is out of reasoning, which defines what's good or bad.
lol i wouldnt put labels on myself. just cuz the bible is esoteric does not mean everything in it is arbitrary and abstract. all those things happened but just not in the literal manner they are written about. and with regards to the other question you asked me the other day, i didnt answer it because i have been down that road many times. once you unravel one part of the bible then the person wants you to unravel everyhing and then a million questions start flying from everywhere. well if adam and real are not real human beings then who does it say that they were naked ? well if they are not humans then why does it say they ate a fruit ? well then who is cain and abel ? well then etc etc etc etc etc and the questions never stop lolzzz. so i didnt want to go down that path of infinite questions
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 4:40pm On Nov 14, 2016
sukkot:
lol i wouldnt put labels on myself. just cuz the bible is esoteric does not mean everything in it is arbitrary and abstract. all those things happened but just not in the literal manner they are written about. and with regards to the other question you asked me the other day, i didnt answer it because i have been down that road many times. once you unravel one part of the bible then the person wants you to unravel everyhing and then a million questions start flying from everywhere. well if adam and real are not real human beings then who does it say that they were naked ? well if they are not humans then why does it say they ate a fruit ? well then who is cain and abel ? well then etc etc etc etc etc and the questions never stop lolzzz. so i didnt want to go down that path of infinite questions

I don't like labels too, but esoteric interpretations has to do with more of Gnosticism

And regarding Adam and Eve, i have a bit of understanding from it, but just wanted to get another Gnostic view. I don't believe the story was intended to be literal.
Click this link to read more about it http://www.spiritofthescripture.com/id282-adam-and-eve-the-story-of-human-consciousness.html
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by sukkot: 4:48pm On Nov 14, 2016
4kings:

I don't like labels too, but esoteric interpretations has to do with more of Gnosticism

And regarding Adam and Eve, i have a bit of understanding from it, but just wanted to get another Gnostic view. I don't believe the story was intended to be literal.
Click this link to read more about it http://www.spiritofthescripture.com/id282-adam-and-eve-the-story-of-human-consciousness.html
yeah i get my source of wisdom from the Creator by tapping within and not what some drug addled white guy postulates. lolzz. not saying the article you posted is by a drug addled white guy but i dont read such. but ermm i digress, behind the words adam and eve and cain etc etc behind those words are secrets. adam is a cover name for a nation of people. its not representing one person. you can look at the name as a title but under that name is a nation of people. the process of condensing groups of people under one name when writing is called ALLEGORY

GALATIANS 4 VS 24 Which things are an allegory:
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 5:15pm On Nov 14, 2016
sukkot:
yeah i get my source of wisdom from the Creator by tapping within and not what some drug addled white guy postulates. lolzz. not saying the article you posted is by a drug addled white guy but i dont read such. but ermm i digress, behind the words adam and eve and cain etc etc behind those words are secrets. adam is a cover name for a nation of people. its not representing one person. you can look at the name as a title but under that name is a nation of people. the process of condensing groups of people under one name when writing is called ALLEGORY

GALATIANS 4 VS 24 Which things are an allegory:
from my Gnostic understanding Adam represents ego or consciousness, Eve represents the subconscious, and Eden is the conscious and the subconscious working in harmony. The conscious impregnates the subconscious and gives birth to physical realities = "Eve Mother of All". And the whole story was about the Human Mind.

What do u mean by getting your source from the creator?, every knowledge seeking believer regardless of their denominations, seek to search for God on their own, and come out with different interpretations. Which made me ask KingEbukasBlog how a Christian can discern delusion from the Inspiration of the HolySpirit.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by sukkot: 5:20pm On Nov 14, 2016
4kings:

from my Gnostic understanding Adam represents ego or consciousness, Eve represents the subconscious, and Eden is the conscious and the subconscious working in harmony. The conscious impregnates the subconscious and gives birth to physical realities = "Eve Mother of All". And the whole story was about the Human Mind.

What do u mean by getting your source from the creator?, every knowledge seeking believer regardless of their denominations, seek to search for God on their own, and come out with different interpretations. Which made me ask KingEbukasBlog how a Christian can discern delusion from the Inspiration of the HolySpirit.

yeah thats EXTRA gnostic. i dont subscribe to that kind of Gnosticism. the bible is real and the events are real. its just that they are written in a covert way which makes it not a literal event but a real event nevertheless. however what you are postulating here is totally different. the bible is a tangible book and not a book about consciousness. there was a man named julius caesar now lol
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 5:32pm On Nov 14, 2016
sukkot:
yeah thats EXTRA gnostic. i dont subscribe to that kind of Gnosticism. the bible is real and the events are real. its just that they are written in a covert way which makes it not a literal event but a real event nevertheless. however what you are postulating here is totally different. the bible is a tangible book and not a book about consciousness. there was a man named julius caesar now lol
Just like there was a country called Egypt. I get your whole balance of esoteric interpretations from real events, that's why it's called "Interpretations"

But you've not answered my other question
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by sukkot: 5:39pm On Nov 14, 2016
4kings:

Just like there was a country called Egypt. I get your whole balance of esoteric interpretations from real events, that's why it's called "Interpretations"

But you've not answered my other question
nah it aint interpretations bro, its reality lol. oh what was the other question ?
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 5:43pm On Nov 14, 2016
sukkot:
nah it aint interpretations bro, its reality lol. oh what was the other question ?

You just interpreted, the story of Adam and Eve as nations, and now u saying it's not interpretations. Am i missing something?

Anyways, here is the question:

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (39) (Reply)

Pastor Fatoyinbo Steps Down As COZA Pastor Pending Investigations / Apostle Suleman Slams Police For Killing Suspect On The Spot / 4 Singers Chris Oyakhilome Has Mentored

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.