Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:55 AM

Sex Scandal: US To Present Video Evidence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sex Scandal: US To Present Video Evidence (19623 Views)

Jewish Scientists In Anambra To Present DNA Result To Show Igbos Are From Israel / I Never Discredited Ize-Iyamu, Produce video evidence of your visit - Onojie / Mohammed Garba Gololo Sex Scandal: US Has 'Video' Of How He Grabbed Hotel Maid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sex Scandal: US To Present Video Evidence by murphyibiam15(m): 9:42am On Jul 12, 2016
ABUJA— Ambassador of the United States to Nigeria, James Entwistle, is to present video evidence against the three members of the House of Representatives on Thursday when Ossai Ossai Committee assigned to probe the alleged sex misconduct involving the trio begins open public hearing.

The three accused members include Mohammed Garba Gololo (APC, Bauchi); Samuel Ikon (PDP, Akwa Ibom) and Mark Gbillah (APC, Benue).

Entwistle had in a petition to Dogara, alleged that the actions of the three lawmakers at the International Visitor Leadership Programme in Cleveland, Ohio, USA, from April 7 to 13, 2016, brought disrepute to the parliament. The Ambassador had alleged that the Reps solicited for sex from prostitutes and grabbing hotel housekeeper in a bid to rape.

Ikon, Gololo and Gbillah
Vanguard reliably gathered that the committee had been unable to sit because some of the members had gone pilgrimage to Mecca during the Ramadan.

It was also gathered that the committee decided not to extend the invitation to the hotel management as the ambassador, who released the information through a letter to the speaker, Yakubu Dogara, is expected to have all the documentary evidence against the three accused members.

Apart from the US Ambassador that is expected at the hearing, the committee also extended invitation to the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyema, Committee for the Defence of Human Rights, the three accused lawmakers as well as the other seven members that attended the leadership programme.

Speaking to Vanguard on phone, Chairman of the committee, Ossai, said the committee decided not to invite the management of the hotel where the alleged sex misconduct took place because it believed the Ambassador would come with all the necessary video evidence on the act.

He added: “When I am given a job, I do it diligently. I don’t compromise anything. My reputation and the reputation of the House is at stake.”

Recall that the Speaker, Dogara, while inaugurating the Ossai-led Ethics Committee alongside the Foreign Affairs after the House resolution at plenary on Tuesday, June 21, mandated it to investigate the culpability of the three members involved in the alleged sex misconduct.

He described the assignment as a very serious one, since many people had already made their conclusion that the three accused lawmakers were culpable.

He, however, stated that “the standard in the US is that an accused is assumed innocent until proven guilty and that is the same standard in Nigeria. Any one who has evidence can now see the committee.”

Let the US Ambassador tender the video evidence—Nkem-Abonta, Mrakpor

Also commenting, the member representing Ukwa Federal Constituency of Abia State, Uzoma Nkem-Abonta asked the Ambassador to tender any video evidence he had before the committee.

He said: “Let him bring the video tape so that the whole world will see it. I think that if that is true, that he had the video evidence, our legislators did not behave well.”

Also commenting, Onyemaechi Joan Mrakpor, PDP, Delta, said she would not like to preempt the committee or any evidence the Ambassador claims he has until everything was made public.

She said: “That is his claim, he should provide the evidence. The people (the three lawmakers) are alive to present their own explanations or evidence.”

Buhari’s anti-graft war not selective

In another development, Ambassador Entwistle, has said the ongoing anti-corruption war of President Muhammadu Buhari was not selective, saying the President had done what he should do.

Entwistle, who stated this in an an interview with select journalists in Abuja, weekend, said: “I don’t agree (that the war is selective). I have a lot of respect for President Buhari on the corruption issue. He made it clear during the campaigns that he was going to make that his focus.

“He has done exactly what he said he would do. It’s clear that he has unleashed the investigative agencies, and told them to follow evidence and information wherever it goes.

“I have followed all the things you have just mentioned; that there are prosecutions that are politically-motivated and so on.

“I have been following this, looking for either investigations or arrests that are solely politically-motivated, or only political. I haven’t found any. I think there are cases where there might be a political angle to it, but there are also some real evidence to support the real case.

“That’s something we follow very closely, just as you do. Narrow are the paths of investigations, making arrests, but I hope Nigerians will follow very closely in the next few years as these cases go to court.

“How they are handled in court, how the courts do their job, how the government reacts when inevitably they would lose a case in court, what’s the reaction to that. All these are things that have to be observed and handled very carefully.

“But, the premise of your question is absolutely correct. In any country, it is easy for corruption cases to begin to spin out of control. I don’t see that happening here. I hope all Nigerians will follow that very closely, and if you see it, say it.”

On whether Obama will visit Nigeria

Asked if President Barack Obama will ever visit Nigeria before the expiration of his tenure, Entwistle said: “Nobody would be happier to see President Obama come to Nigeria than me. But, let me remind you that President Obama is in office for six more months, which is a long time.

“So, we’ll see what happens. Keep in mind that there are other ways to do finer relationships than just a visit by a president.

“When President Buhari went to Washington a year ago this month, he met for a long time with President Obama in the Oval Office. So, we have a very good, high level relationship, even when President Obama has not been to Nigeria. But, as I said, he will be in office for six more months. We will see what happens.

On his most memorable experience in Nigeria

On his most memorable experience in Nigeria, he said: “I will have to go back to the elections. I found that to be a positive, almost euphoric experience. That’s something I will always carry in my heart forever. I will never forget it.

“On election day, I stayed in Abuja, but we had our own teams all over the country. I went to a polling station in FCT and talked to an old woman. She’s been there all morning till that afternoon, and she said to me: ‘This is elections day. If I have to stand here all day in order to vote, then I will stand all day.’

“I said to myself whao! Sometimes it is easy to take the right to vote for granted. We forget what people have gone through all over the world to get their right to vote, and how precious it is. Listening to the elderly woman reminded me how precious the right to vote is, and what people go through to get it.

“I was there in Alabama when Martin Luther King made his now famous speech. I remember African-Americans protesting, because they wanted to vote, even though theoretically they have had the right for a hundred years. They wanted to have the right to vote. I remember the people being attacked by the police in Alabama with water and dogs.

“That underlines to me how precious a thing the right to vote is. I think about what people have gone through. I saw the emphasis Nigerians put on, the patience that they stood in line, and the way the system worked after that.

“The votes were counted and tabulated; the incumbent president conceded defeat and stepped down. I thought the whole process was incredibly inspirational. That’s the high point of my time here.”

Buhari has done a good job

On whether the President had met the expectations of Nigerians since he assumed office a year ago, the ambassador said: “I see a parallel between President Buhari and President Obama. President Obama had not been in office for a long time before people began to have the same kind of impatience.

“I think in the US, a lot of people forgot how difficult the situation President Obama inherited was at the time. I think the same thing is happening with President Buhari to a certain degree.

“It’s completely understandable for people to have high expectations. They are impatient, because they want to see change. But, President Buhari inherited a pretty difficult set of circumstances, and some of the things he’s identified what needed to be done — end corruption, reform the petroleum sector, end the conflict in the North East region — are things that even if he works as hard as he can, they are going to take some time to yield the kind of results people expect.

“I understand why people are impatient. I remember a week after inauguration, looking at the newspapers, there was already an editorial that said: ‘Well, Mr. President, it’s been a week, we haven’t seen much yet.'”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/sex-scandal-us-envoy-present-video-evidence/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sex Scandal: US To Present Video Evidence by Mikehell(m): 10:01am On Jul 12, 2016
E don happen grin grin grin grin grin grin.....
*modified* Hope they wont deny that they are not the one in the video cuz our politicians and lies are like bread and beans

So the ministry has finally move to the permanent site.....FTC

16 Likes

Re: Sex Scandal: US To Present Video Evidence by Siberia101: 10:04am On Jul 12, 2016
These House Members are very big fools cool cool Do you think the USA will accuse you guys without evidence? cool You think it's Nigeria where you can just scream witch hunting and brain washed youths will support you?

Please when that evidence is rendered they should resign honourably cool cool

Ignoramus cool cool

122 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Sex Scandal: US To Present Video Evidence by LydayBobo(m): 11:25am On Jul 12, 2016
Ha! Yawa wan gas... Over to you PHCN

1 Like

Re: Sex Scandal: US To Present Video Evidence by Nobody: 11:25am On Jul 12, 2016
Free MOJO.

3 Likes

Re: Sex Scandal: US To Present Video Evidence by augustina72(f): 11:25am On Jul 12, 2016
undecided undecided
Re: Sex Scandal: US To Present Video Evidence by Lexusgs430: 11:25am On Jul 12, 2016
I cannot wait to watch how this useless Polithiefcians would wiggle out of this denied allegations !!!!!!!!!!
NB: Shaggy's, 'it wasn't me loading'

9 Likes

Re: Sex Scandal: US To Present Video Evidence by EvilSeeed: 11:25am On Jul 12, 2016
I talk am.

Now the entire reps will seat down and watch a video of their colleagues squeezing a housekeepers yansh and begging a Parking attendant to help them organise Olosho.

Instead wey those members go approach the Reps leadership to just free the matter and allow sleeping Dogs lie, them still dey claim innocent. angry

I can imagine that Akwa Ibom one (**In Okons voice**) " My Guy, Mbok, you fit organize ashawo come. Oyinbo one wey fair o! we fit pay 50 Dollars."

11 Likes

Re: Sex Scandal: US To Present Video Evidence by mikhe2(m): 11:26am On Jul 12, 2016
Let me prepare my mb in advance....

16 Likes

Re: Sex Scandal: US To Present Video Evidence by Ehins22(m): 11:26am On Jul 12, 2016
grin

1 Like

Re: Sex Scandal: US To Present Video Evidence by dadebayo1(m): 11:27am On Jul 12, 2016
grin America knows all.. They have forgotten Gej once said America knows all.. grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sex Scandal: US To Present Video Evidence by Nobody: 11:27am On Jul 12, 2016
Siberia101:
These House Members are very big fools cool cool Do you think the USA will accuse you guys without evidence? cool You think it's Nigeria where you can just scream witch hunting and brain washed youths will support you?

Please when that evidence is rendered they should resign honourably cool cool

Ignoramus cool cool

Bros, we all know resigning after a scandal is not part of their job description. grin grin grin grin

DEM NO GO GREE EVEN IF THE VIDEO SHOW ALL THE LUNGU AND NKORO WEN DEM FOLLOW...

7 Likes

Re: Sex Scandal: US To Present Video Evidence by francisbarrack(m): 11:28am On Jul 12, 2016
They all make in Nigeria

Re: Sex Scandal: US To Present Video Evidence by hucienda: 11:28am On Jul 12, 2016
The legislators thought they were in lawless Nigeria where anything goes.

2 Likes

Re: Sex Scandal: US To Present Video Evidence by fulanimafia: 11:28am On Jul 12, 2016
These guys should just resign and fade into obscurity because of the way the video would be shared and go viral.

They got caught with their hands in the cookie jar.

2 Likes

Re: Sex Scandal: US To Present Video Evidence by admax(m): 11:28am On Jul 12, 2016
Which one of them was blowing grammar when denying the allegation sef? They have forgotten CCTV is well utilised in the United States, they thought they were in Abuja where few years back, they gave Chikos billions of Naira to build CCTV that hasn't been installed till now.

If the allegation is eventually true then I can freely label them Irresponsible men. Don't be shocked when you discover they married pretty women.

7 Likes

Re: Sex Scandal: US To Present Video Evidence by murphyibiam15(m): 11:28am On Jul 12, 2016
two APC members with one PDP member....thats to show APC is a bigger evil than PDP.

Then again Akwa ibom and benue reps(two states with highest level of sexual activities)

People claim south east is bad but the actual facts puts south east as the best..

make these ones honourably resign biko

3 Likes

Re: Sex Scandal: US To Present Video Evidence by adehab: 11:28am On Jul 12, 2016
where is the video...??

1 Like

Re: Sex Scandal: US To Present Video Evidence by David0(m): 11:29am On Jul 12, 2016
Story for the gods.

US keep saying they want to...they want to.

What's stopping them from presenting this video now.

How long is it suppose to take.

Is the video evidence not suppose to be the first thing they present b4 taking their stupid actions?

Notwithstanding, we can't trust out politicians, but the way they were treated, was out of disrespect to this country.

Nigeria can't do that to an American politician talk less a senator, not to even talk of revoking their visa.

I am pretty sure they never tot of video evidence until the parties involved started requesting for video evidence or be sued.

I bet if they hv video evidence they wud hv presented it long ago.

Make them no go do Hollywood movies for una say na evidence o.
Re: Sex Scandal: US To Present Video Evidence by mytime24(f): 11:29am On Jul 12, 2016
Make america also put am for youtube abeg cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Sex Scandal: US To Present Video Evidence by keepingmum: 11:30am On Jul 12, 2016
there once was a village, called Zoo republic. Where Men had the upper hands. Men had the upper hands as they believed they were stronger, there were the only ones able to pass laws however they were not subject to those laws.
These men announced far and wide, if you see a damsel, she is yours for the taken; should the damsel be dressed in a bikini, then you are free to molest her, after all she wants it thats why she is dressed that way. The law was not challenged.

These men, extended the law; should you see a female dressed in a knee length skirt and you desire her, feel free, molest her even if she says no, afterall, females know not what they want. they need "us" men to tell them what they want. And then the law, got extended, should the lady wear a loose gown and you desire her, have your way, forcefully if you wish.

As time went by, the restless male folks in the village would break into homes of families, and molest the females (wives and daughters) were not spared; after all, the law allows for that.

As these acts carried on, soon it was discovered, that females in their 20's already had multiple partners because men took advantage of them due to the laxity of the law; the men folk once again, reviewed the law and decided regardless of the age, any female dressed in a manner that makes you, as a man feel hornny, ravish her after all she wants it.

So the men gleefully began preying on teenage female folks and then, moved to children, then toddlers and babies.

Years went by, a generation arose however the culture and belief of a lack of self control and responsibility remained embedded in the village, albeit, now a city, dare i say, a Country. Where infact, the female folks were led to believe should you be raped and/or assaulted, it is YOUR fault.

The new generation of male folks visited a country in a far away land, a country united by 52 states and displayed their wonderful culture, a culture rich and colourful; so much so that they assaulted the female folks in that country as they would if they were in their country: Alas, their host country would not accept their actions.

These men ran back to their beloved Zoo republic, huffed and puffed; with a generation of supporters behind them, defenders of their culture, upholders of the law daring the united by 52 states country to prove that what these men folk did was wrong.............Centuries later, the men folk in Zoo republic realised the following had begun taking place in their beloved zoo republic

- Their beloved daughters were being molested by their male teachers. Why? Because the laws and beliefs they upholded and supported
- Their wives were constantly being molested by bosses at work and by hoodlums at night. Why? Because the laws and beliefs they upholded and supported.
- Their beloved mothers were being molested in the farms because even the male folks didnt want to be left out of the actions

Alas, they realised the chickens had come home to roost

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sex Scandal: US To Present Video Evidence by Nobody: 11:30am On Jul 12, 2016
See drama. All my appointments on Thursday are hereby cancelled

3 Likes

Re: Sex Scandal: US To Present Video Evidence by Nobody: 11:30am On Jul 12, 2016
Some people will be pooing in their pants now.

1 Like

Re: Sex Scandal: US To Present Video Evidence by AfroKnight: 11:30am On Jul 12, 2016
And that's how the reps will go silent.

People forget that big hotels often install cameras in their suites.

1 Like

Re: Sex Scandal: US To Present Video Evidence by temitemi1(m): 11:31am On Jul 12, 2016
waiting...
Re: Sex Scandal: US To Present Video Evidence by emenem: 11:31am On Jul 12, 2016
Mumu pple, una think say na 9ja una dey. St*pid old fools.
Better call Jack bauer oh.

Cos, even that una witchcraft wont help una here. fools grin grin cheesy cool cool cool

4 Likes

Re: Sex Scandal: US To Present Video Evidence by Pavore9: 11:31am On Jul 12, 2016
Hmmm....shebi dem think say na the regular "witch hunting" mantra, when GEJ said America will know, we thought he was goofing! cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Sex Scandal: US To Present Video Evidence by harmbhrosz(m): 11:33am On Jul 12, 2016
murphyibiam15:
two APC members with one PDP member....thats to show APC is a bigger evil than PDP.

Then again Akwa ibom and benue reps(two states with highest level of sexual activities)

People claim south east is bad but the actual facts puts south east as the best..

make these ones honourably resign biko

Who's image is being tarnished? PDP/APC or Nigeria as a whole,

This shows how out politicians has successfully brainwashed you,

And worst part is that you did not do backup of your common sense before foolishnesss was installed on you lipsrsealed embarassed

I weep for you bro

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sex Scandal: US To Present Video Evidence by Okadalifestyle(m): 11:35am On Jul 12, 2016
If one is content to freely speak trash about another, it is probably more correct to judge them as the one of ill repute and refuse the load of garbage they offer you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boko Haram Members Are Relocating To Kogi State- Gov Bello / Reno Omokri Reacts To ₦100 Million APC Nomination Form. Carpets EFCC / 159 Nigerians Renounce Citizenship In 2022 – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.