Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,374 members, 7,829,966 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

13 Things Nigerian Bachelors Are Tired Of Hearing - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 13 Things Nigerian Bachelors Are Tired Of Hearing (1420 Views)

10 Different Things Nigerian Ladies Say Instead Of "I Love You" - Meme / Neighbours Are Tired Of Our Moaning; Nigerian Man Shares Photos Of Oyinbo Babe / 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

13 Things Nigerian Bachelors Are Tired Of Hearing by kayo80(m): 10:22am On Jul 12, 2016
Yes, yes, I just had to write this. I, and I am sure the other Nigerian bachelors are tired of hearing some things from friends, family, and strangers. By the way, when I say Bachelor, I mean a man who is socially regarded as able to marry, but has not yet tired the knot. Okay, let's get into it. Below are 13 things I am sure Nigerian bachelors are tired of hearing.

1. You Mean You Don't Even Have a Girlfriend?

Hello!!! I just told you I am single...does being single have another meaning?

2. Go and Marry

Oya, carry me to the alter and make sure you come with a bride. Marriage is not child's play, and the same people urging you on to marry will be the same people asking why you went and got married when you can't buy pampers for your child.

3. What are You Waiting For?

I am waiting for you to hit me in the head with a stick so I wake up and realize that 'marriage is a must.' Of cos I know about the advantages of marriage, but I can't just jump into it if I am not ready.

4. You Will Receive Blessing from God After You Marry

Hmm! Okay, maybe this might be true, but where will I get the money to feed the hundreds of people that would come for my wedding before God blesses me?

5. Unmarried Men are Seen as Being Irresponsible

Okay. I am willing to live with that for now.

6. When Are You Going to Marry?

Well, to be honest I don't know. But what I do know is that marriage is not something you just jump into.

7. You Can't be Happy and Fulfilled Without Marriage

Says who? You?

8. Do You Want to be Going for PTA Meetings in Your 50s?

Well, if it comes to that, I am sure I won't find any problem in doing so.

9. Don't You Want to Enjoy Times with Your Grown Children While Still Young Yourself?

I get this from my friend Sola all the time. He keeps saying, won't you like to be in your mid 40s, looking sharp, and driving around town with your 19 year old son, looking like you are brothers. I can see how that can be appealing to some, but really, we all don't want the same things in life.

10. Do You Want to be Looking for University Tuition Fees for Your Children in Your 60s?

If it comes to that, I won't have to look for, cos I am sacrificing not getting married right now, for financial freedom. So, by then, I would even be able to sponsor 1,000 children through college if I wanted to.

11. Marriage is the Ultimate Goal in Life

Oh, that's funny. Maybe that's why people get divorced a few years after marriage. I guess after hitting the ultimate goal, they became complacent and stopped aspiring for anything else.

12. You're Such a Great Guy...How Come You're Single.

Well, I choose to be single.

13. If You Die Tomorrow, Your Linage Ends

I won't lie, this one kinda hits me hard. Of cos I want to have kids and have my lineage grow, and have a long family tree. But, really, I am willing to take the risk. So, if I do die before I get to have a child, so be it. At least I won't have lived a selfish life...I have given so much to this world in terms of books, articles, and blog posts, and they will live on and help and entertain people born and yet unborn. My name will live on, that is for sure.

http://outoftheordinary101..com.ng/2016/07/13-things-nigerian-bachelors-are-tired.html

1 Like

Re: 13 Things Nigerian Bachelors Are Tired Of Hearing by Nobody: 10:29am On Jul 12, 2016
Too bad undecided
Re: 13 Things Nigerian Bachelors Are Tired Of Hearing by obiorathesubtle: 10:43am On Jul 12, 2016
*RME*

From spinsters now and the biological clock taunt to bachelors abi?
Re: 13 Things Nigerian Bachelors Are Tired Of Hearing by mhisbliss(f): 10:44am On Jul 12, 2016
But ladies hear this things too

1 Like

Re: 13 Things Nigerian Bachelors Are Tired Of Hearing by sinaj(f): 10:57am On Jul 12, 2016
Op get marid nd stop complaining jore tongue
Re: 13 Things Nigerian Bachelors Are Tired Of Hearing by HoneyB10(f): 11:00am On Jul 12, 2016
Op go and marry joor cheesy
Re: 13 Things Nigerian Bachelors Are Tired Of Hearing by Nobody: 11:05am On Jul 12, 2016
It is always the unprepared guys who mistakenly get their girlfriends pregnant and are forced to marry them that are always mounting pressure on single guys to get married.Being single has a lot of freedom.A single guy can afford most items and can save.Whereas,a guy who is married can not be able to save.

1 Like

Re: 13 Things Nigerian Bachelors Are Tired Of Hearing by jashar(f): 11:29am On Jul 12, 2016
everything is wrapped up in one statement.

Go and marry grin

1 Like

Re: 13 Things Nigerian Bachelors Are Tired Of Hearing by harrysjones(m): 11:44am On Jul 12, 2016
dear are u married
sinaj:
Re: 13 Things Nigerian Bachelors Are Tired Of Hearing by kayo80(m): 12:33pm On Jul 12, 2016
mhisbliss:
But ladies hear this things too

Yes. I guess it is worse for ladies sef. I will write on that tonight.
Re: 13 Things Nigerian Bachelors Are Tired Of Hearing by kayo80(m): 12:34pm On Jul 12, 2016
sinaj:

Okay ma.
Re: 13 Things Nigerian Bachelors Are Tired Of Hearing by kayo80(m): 12:34pm On Jul 12, 2016
HoneyB10:
Op go and marry joor cheesy

lol!
Re: 13 Things Nigerian Bachelors Are Tired Of Hearing by mizzbouqui(f): 12:35pm On Jul 12, 2016
Op go and marry ASAP
Re: 13 Things Nigerian Bachelors Are Tired Of Hearing by kayo80(m): 12:35pm On Jul 12, 2016
jashar:

Go and marry grin

lol!
Re: 13 Things Nigerian Bachelors Are Tired Of Hearing by kayo80(m): 12:37pm On Jul 12, 2016
See all these girls on here asking me to go and marry but they are not providing me with options...I won't mind settling down with one of you ladies. wink
Re: 13 Things Nigerian Bachelors Are Tired Of Hearing by mhisbliss(f): 1:36pm On Jul 12, 2016
kayo80:

Yes. I guess it is worse for ladies sef. I will write on that tonight.
cool
Re: 13 Things Nigerian Bachelors Are Tired Of Hearing by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jul 12, 2016
jashar:

Go and marry grin
Are you married yourself?
Re: 13 Things Nigerian Bachelors Are Tired Of Hearing by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 12, 2016
mizzbouqui:
Op go and marry ASAP
Please don't put marriage burden on him.Will you provide for his family if he get married because of you?
Re: 13 Things Nigerian Bachelors Are Tired Of Hearing by jashar(f): 2:15pm On Jul 12, 2016
Love Machine:
Are you married yourself?

grin cheesy grin what's your own there now, ehn, what's your own? tongue
Re: 13 Things Nigerian Bachelors Are Tired Of Hearing by mizzbouqui(f): 2:18pm On Jul 12, 2016
Love Machine:
Please don't put marriage burden on him.Will you provide for his family if he get married because of you?
Okay you sef should go and marry
Re: 13 Things Nigerian Bachelors Are Tired Of Hearing by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 12, 2016
jashar:

grin cheesy grin what's your own there now, ehn, what's your own? tongue
You are not yet married,you are putting pressure on others to go and get married.
Re: 13 Things Nigerian Bachelors Are Tired Of Hearing by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 12, 2016
mizzbouqui:

Okay you sef should go and marry
Marriage is not a luxury.When i am ready i will marry.
Re: 13 Things Nigerian Bachelors Are Tired Of Hearing by mizzbouqui(f): 3:30pm On Jul 12, 2016
Love Machine:
Marriage is not a luxury.When i am ready i will marry.
Okay good 4 u
Re: 13 Things Nigerian Bachelors Are Tired Of Hearing by jashar(f): 3:36pm On Jul 12, 2016
Love Machine:
You are not yet married,you are putting pressure on others to go and get married.

Yup. grin it's what society does. grin.

BTW, i put no pressure on nobody. i only summarised what the OP wrote. cry
Re: 13 Things Nigerian Bachelors Are Tired Of Hearing by lammylam(f): 4:04pm On Jul 12, 2016
hahahahahahahah if bachelor they complain wetin u want make d spinster's do?
Re: 13 Things Nigerian Bachelors Are Tired Of Hearing by kayo80(m): 4:18pm On Jul 12, 2016
lammylam:
hahahahahahahah if bachelor they complain wetin u want make d spinster's do?

lol! Abi o! Oya, read about that here- https://www.nairaland.com/3222002/11-things-nigerian-spinsters-tired

(1) (Reply)

The One Thing Every Girl Fantasizes About. / See Fake Boobs Ladies Now Wear / Which State In Nigeria Get Girls With Big A$$ Pass?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.