Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

A Corper's Poultry Farm - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / A Corper's Poultry Farm (6431 Views)

How Much Will It Cost Me To Start A Poultry Farm? / Newly Constructed Poultry Farm / Farming As A Corper#ugu Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Corper's Poultry Farm by Humulity: 9:14am On Jul 16, 2016
Do not neglet your days of little beggining. Nice one bro, keep it up. You keep faith, you need not hussle for job after NYSC. You just keep expanding bit by bit and in the next 3 years you look back and you remember the days of your little beggining.

3 Likes

Re: A Corper's Poultry Farm by Mayor21(m): 8:45pm On Jul 17, 2016
Glucose?? What for??
Re: A Corper's Poultry Farm by vicdamm(m): 4:02pm On Jul 20, 2016
Hi guys sorry for the delay in posting i also had a delay in the delivery of my birds but they were finally delivered on Tuesday morning and as at now we have a mortality of one out of 106 due to stress but the birds are all doing well now.
the birds arrived under the heavy rain but all went well sha and they are all fine now but off all the things that would have given me problem i can never believe it would have been lighting a coal fire but as God win we finally got it working.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Corper's Poultry Farm by vicdamm(m): 4:03pm On Jul 20, 2016
Humulity:
Do not neglet your days of little beggining. Nice one bro, keep it up. You keep faith, you need not hussle for job after NYSC. You just keep expanding bit by bit and in the next 3 years you look back and you remember the days of your little beggining.
Thank you..
Re: A Corper's Poultry Farm by vicdamm(m): 4:04pm On Jul 20, 2016
Mayor21:
Glucose?? What for??
Glucose for energy
Re: A Corper's Poultry Farm by vicdamm(m): 4:12pm On Jul 20, 2016
thanks to this woman who taught me how to light coal fire and finally pictures of the chicks

1 Like

Re: A Corper's Poultry Farm by partytime16: 4:23pm On Jul 20, 2016
Nice one Bro.. how much have you spent so far and did u have to go for any training and how early will u start making money from it
Re: A Corper's Poultry Farm by vicdamm(m): 5:15pm On Jul 21, 2016
For those who have been asking for the cost of construction i have finally gathered it but would type it when i am less busy... For now the attached pictures can be used

Re: A Corper's Poultry Farm by Jofez: 7:22am On Jul 22, 2016
Suggestion.... I think u should demarcate d brooder house. .. D spacing is too much. Elevate d drinkers to prevent dirts from entering. Elevate d charcoal pot to prevent d chicks from running into d ash Chamber. Is dat sawdust or wood shavings?
Re: A Corper's Poultry Farm by biggal: 12:53pm On Jul 22, 2016
Ffg
Re: A Corper's Poultry Farm by vicdamm(m): 1:20pm On Aug 01, 2016
My birds at exactly two weeks.
6 mortality out of 106 birds...
1 caused by stress and 1 caused by my carelessness but the remaining 4 i dont know the cause.

1 Like

Re: A Corper's Poultry Farm by noeloge82(m): 1:33pm On Aug 01, 2016
@2 wks they are looking keep it up,
The Mortalty did it happen at Night or did u see them weak before the sudden death and by the way congrats on the size

1 Like

Re: A Corper's Poultry Farm by vicdamm(m): 10:20pm On Aug 01, 2016
noeloge82:
@2 wks they are looking keep it up,
The Mortalty did it happen at Night or did u see them weak before the sudden death and by the way congrats on the size

Thanks boss
The Mortalty happened at night and there was no sign of weakness before death.
Re: A Corper's Poultry Farm by vicdamm(m): 10:28pm On Aug 01, 2016
partytime16:
Nice one Bro.. how much have you spent so far and did u have to go for any training and how early will u start making money from it

I am very sorry for the late reply i just read through and saw your questions
I have posted the spendings so far above and would update it from time to time
I did not go for any training per say but i have volunteered several times to work in people's farms for free in exchange of knowledge
God's willing, i intend selling them off at about 7 to 9 weeks of age
Re: A Corper's Poultry Farm by noeloge82(m): 1:15pm On Aug 02, 2016
That may be as a result of stanpide due to the presence of something that made them fear so pls make sure u always light a kerosene larntern for them to make them see @ Night with that they will not be frightened again
vicdamm:

Thanks boss
The Mortalty happened at night and there was no sign of weakness before death.
Re: A Corper's Poultry Farm by vicdamm(m): 5:50pm On Aug 02, 2016
noeloge82:
That may be as a result of stanpide due to the presence of something that made them fear so pls make sure u always light a kerosene larntern for them to make them see @ Night with that they will not be frightened again

Ok.... But i provide a lamp for them at night but maybe it went out before morning
Re: A Corper's Poultry Farm by noeloge82(m): 6:10pm On Aug 02, 2016
Just continue till 3wks
quote author=vicdamm post=48125269]

Ok.... But i provide a lamp for them at night but maybe it went out before morning [/quote]
Re: A Corper's Poultry Farm by noeloge82(m): 6:16pm On Aug 02, 2016
Just continue until they are 3wks
vicdamm:

Ok.... But i provide a lamp for them at night but maybe it went out before morning
Re: A Corper's Poultry Farm by jay7(m): 7:43am On Aug 09, 2016
@ vicdamm, am happy for you but i hope you are following your vaccination program and I also hope you are turning and changing your litter materials as soon as they are wet or dirty.

1 Like

Re: A Corper's Poultry Farm by vicdamm(m): 2:29pm On Aug 12, 2016
jay7:
@ vicdamm, am happy for you but i hope you are following your vaccination program and I also hope you are turning and changing your litter materials as soon as they are wet or dirty.

yea sure thank you very much for your concern

1 Like

Re: A Corper's Poultry Farm by vickychuk(m): 10:30pm On Aug 12, 2016
vicdamm:

yea sure thank you very much for your concern
Could you please outline the vaccination given so far ,the day of administration and how it was administered. Thanks
Re: A Corper's Poultry Farm by cedar3: 5:47am On Aug 13, 2016
Nice one dude, u'r challenging me to put more efforts into mine. Where in awka r u? Am around unizik, might even come around ur side 2day since am done with exams. 09025823372
Re: A Corper's Poultry Farm by iaminspired: 7:22pm On Aug 18, 2016
vicdamm:
For those who have been asking for the cost of construction i have finally gathered it but would type it when i am less busy... For now the attached pictures can be used

More pictures of your farm. Exterior and the interior.

How did you demarcate it pls
Re: A Corper's Poultry Farm by nwabuwa: 11:07pm On Aug 18, 2016
Did u do German floor (stone, cement and sand) or just cement and Sand. If latter, what was ur mix ratio.. Thanks..
Re: A Corper's Poultry Farm by jamislaw(m): 12:04am On Aug 19, 2016
Pls can you post your vaccination and medication program here?

2 Likes

Re: A Corper's Poultry Farm by DogWhisperer(m): 4:10pm On Sep 19, 2016
Please update on your poultry farm this thread has gone quiet for a long time
Re: A Corper's Poultry Farm by obirocz: 11:33pm On Oct 02, 2016
As a start up farmer with theoretical knowledge on broiler brooding,wer can I get DOC male lines with d relevant vaccines in Imo state and pls add me on relevant watsap group on 08038197559.Thanks.
Re: A Corper's Poultry Farm by DammyOlu123(m): 12:00am On Dec 06, 2016
Hey vicdamm. It's been a long time o. How did it turn out??
Re: A Corper's Poultry Farm by otunbadan(m): 12:00pm On Dec 06, 2016
Hello sir, good work I must say. Please what is the total perimeter dimension of the pen?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yam & fufu commercial Pounder.. / BENUE FARMERS: Lets Meet Here. / "Youth Farm Lab" A New Program Rolled Out By The Federal Government Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.