Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Things You Should Know Before Changing Your Phone's IMEI - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Things You Should Know Before Changing Your Phone's IMEI (17829 Views)

Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank / Help My MTN Line Keeps Saying Invalid IMEI / Why Is It That People No Longer Care About Changing Ring Tones? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things You Should Know Before Changing Your Phone's IMEI by Histrings08(m): 12:18pm On Jul 13, 2016
david290:
you mind letting me know how you reverted yours and if there are risks involved?
I simply used d mtk engineering app, edited it by replacing the bb imei I was using with my the tecno nd it worked... I confirmed it using *#06#
Re: Things You Should Know Before Changing Your Phone's IMEI by chatwithbruno(m): 12:42pm On Jul 13, 2016
lied
Re: Things You Should Know Before Changing Your Phone's IMEI by Barselonia(m): 12:43pm On Jul 13, 2016
loswhite:
where did u get that analysis from?
because have tried both and see d difference
Re: Things You Should Know Before Changing Your Phone's IMEI by Barselonia(m): 12:46pm On Jul 13, 2016
Thylord:
pls how can I change the imei of my itel phone becos me too I have a damage BlackBerry phone.
u would need an android software called mtk engineering or mobile uncle
Re: Things You Should Know Before Changing Your Phone's IMEI by Barselonia(m): 12:47pm On Jul 13, 2016
destinysaid:
bro HV u tried the new glo package? U really wasting cash on that BB sub, glo now has 1000 2gb, 2000 6gb 2500 10gb, and it works well, no over draining of data or anything like that.

Funny thing is glo sent me a message to change my APN from blackberry.net, to another so I can enjoy their new plan (I was like how them know say I dey use BB imei for android).

Just fail *777#, non blackberry plans n enjoy.

itz not fast according to my study.... That's y I still prefer d bb stuff
Re: Things You Should Know Before Changing Your Phone's IMEI by Barselonia(m): 12:49pm On Jul 13, 2016
tammyboy1:
you still on a long thing sha, 6 gig 4 2k sounds better i guess

I still prefer That of BB because of speed.... it's faster than normal plan
Re: Things You Should Know Before Changing Your Phone's IMEI by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jul 13, 2016
Abeg someone should teach me how to change IMEI. MTN is dealing with me.
Re: Things You Should Know Before Changing Your Phone's IMEI by Ebukaidoko(m): 2:18pm On Jul 13, 2016
charix:
Abeg someone should teach me how to change IMEI. MTN is dealing with me.

which u dey use
Re: Things You Should Know Before Changing Your Phone's IMEI by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jul 13, 2016
Ebukaidoko:

which u dey use
I want to change the one for my Nokia 5800 to my condemned blackberry.
Re: Things You Should Know Before Changing Your Phone's IMEI by Sunkyphil(m): 2:46pm On Jul 13, 2016
Brick fire if i hear team cheaper data me dey njoy my airtel 1k for 4gig tongue
Re: Things You Should Know Before Changing Your Phone's IMEI by phemmyfour: 2:49pm On Jul 13, 2016
rakish:
I changed my Imei using the mtk mode, I want to reverse it back to the original Imei, how can i go about it? I dont have the original imei with me.
The original should be at the back of your phone.

You can revert using same procedure used in changing it
Re: Things You Should Know Before Changing Your Phone's IMEI by Forzap: 3:01pm On Jul 13, 2016
Sugarhugs:

Mtn

How?wats d code?
Re: Things You Should Know Before Changing Your Phone's IMEI by tammyboy1(m): 3:04pm On Jul 13, 2016
Barselonia:

I still prefer That of BB because of speed.... it's faster than normal plan
your choice bro,one man's meat
Re: Things You Should Know Before Changing Your Phone's IMEI by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 13, 2016
Sugarhugs:
Why would I want to change my phones imei Number in first place?
What's she talking about, i biara Aba ohuru
Re: Things You Should Know Before Changing Your Phone's IMEI by allytinted: 3:19pm On Jul 13, 2016
rakish:
I changed my Imei using the mtk mode, I want to reverse it back to the original Imei, how can i go about it? I dont have the original imei with me.
Restore factory settings or check the back of your phone for the original imei.
Re: Things You Should Know Before Changing Your Phone's IMEI by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jul 13, 2016
Forzap:

How?wats d code?

*406*2#, accumulate the data.
Re: Things You Should Know Before Changing Your Phone's IMEI by walecheepe(m): 4:07pm On Jul 13, 2016
Most time ur phone says imei corrupted and u take it for repair and the solution is to change the Imei, so because it not ur own Imei u will not repair ur phone.
Re: Things You Should Know Before Changing Your Phone's IMEI by JhyMedex: 1:26am On Jul 14, 2016
herzern:
Will op buy me data??.........#shior
U can get cheap legit data...
See below..

Re: Things You Should Know Before Changing Your Phone's IMEI by Nobody: 6:48am On Jul 14, 2016
JhyMedex:
U can get cheap legit data... See below..
What did you mean by 0gb?
Re: Things You Should Know Before Changing Your Phone's IMEI by solafred: 10:22am On Jul 14, 2016
Barselonia:
still rocking my glo 3gig for 1400......

all dis u listed no dey happened for naija jare ....

we no Even get database

actually, d IMEI Am using is mine... from my damage blackberry... So Am still safe....

did anybody notice That blackberry plan is faster than normal plan....

Yes faster
Re: Things You Should Know Before Changing Your Phone's IMEI by PraizFresh(m): 10:51am On Jul 14, 2016
loswhite:
android plan is cheaper than blackberry plan. Pls do research

Please I'd like to know which of the android plan you're comparing!!!
Re: Things You Should Know Before Changing Your Phone's IMEI by PraizFresh(m): 10:59am On Jul 14, 2016
TOmmyJidex:
True, but, does those risks worths taking?

I don't think the risks are much.
Re: Things You Should Know Before Changing Your Phone's IMEI by JhyMedex: 10:59am On Jul 14, 2016
TOmmyJidex:
What did you mean by 0gb?
Hahaha.. Sorry if u saw it like dt... I wld av 2... It's 2 point 0 gb =2GB.. same 4 D rest .. Tanx
Re: Things You Should Know Before Changing Your Phone's IMEI by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 14, 2016
charix:
I want to change the one for my Nokia 5800 to my condemned blackberry.
That is (almost) impossible man. grin
Re: Things You Should Know Before Changing Your Phone's IMEI by Thylord(m): 11:35am On Jul 16, 2016
Barselonia:

u would need an android software called mtk engineering or mobile uncle
thank you.
Re: Things You Should Know Before Changing Your Phone's IMEI by Jecyangel(f): 4:10pm On Jul 17, 2016
I changed my infinix hot 2 then cos of glo bb plan. Now I want to go back to its initial state when I bought it so I can be getting updates. Please how do u go about it??
Re: Things You Should Know Before Changing Your Phone's IMEI by phemmyfour: 5:52pm On Jul 17, 2016
Jecyangel:
I changed my infinix hot 2 then cos of glo bb plan. Now I want to go back to its initial state when I bought it so I can be getting updates. Please how do u go about it??
Use same procedure, check the last post of the thread here https://www.nairaland.com/1946322/innjoo-note-discussion-thread/59
Your original imei should be at the back of the phone when you remove the battery

Download mtk engineering or mobile uncle tool to access engineering mode if the code used didn't work on your phone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Whatsapp XAP Download | Download The New Whatsapp XAP File. / Enjoy 1GB Free Data To Browse All Night With 9mobile #morecliq / How To Get MTN 756MB Worth Of Data 100% Free Of Charge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.