Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

I’ll Lead Protest Against Fashola If: – Commissioner - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Lead Protest Against Fashola If: – Commissioner (1243 Views)

I’ll Lead Massive Campaign Against APC – Bode George / Oil Subsidy Removal: I’ll Lead Sng To Protest If – Tunde Bakare / Tinubu To Fashola: If My Wife Loses On Saturday, I Will Work Against You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ll Lead Protest Against Fashola If: – Commissioner by okeey(m): 2:17pm On Sep 11, 2009
I’ll lead protest against Fashola if, – Commissioner
By RAZAQ BAMIDELE
Friday, September 11, 2009

•Raji Fashola
Photo: Sun News Publishing

More Stories on this Section
If Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN) of Lagos State has been nursing the idea of quiting after his first term in office, he should better banish the idea from his mind.

The reason is because a Commissioner in his cabinet , Hon. Lanre Balogun has finalised arrangements to lead a mass protest against such an idea.

Lanre Balogun, who heads the Ministry of Rural Development told Daily Sun during a chat that, “the good work he has started with his team must continue for the greater interest of the generality of the people.”

According to the Commissioner, if politics was about serving the people and somebody has been doing exactly that, it would be fool hardy for anybody to nurse the idea of dismissing a performing leader.

“And in the same vein, all well meaning people of a space being governed well by a performer must rise up to compel the performer to go ahead with the good job. And if such a performer also wants to feel reluctant, it would not be out of place to carry a placard against him,” Balogun pointed out.
The Ikorodu born youthful politician, just went short of threatening legal actions against Fashola should he declined to make himself available for a second term.

Hear him: “We were in the last cabinet together. He was the Chief of Staff. He was part of the team that laid good foundation for this great state under our able leader, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. Though some doubting Thomases were initially sceptical about his candidature, Fashola proved to be a miracle.
“He is a success story through and through. He is not a prodigal son that squanders his family wealth. He is doing well and he must continue the good work. But, if he decides to back out later when the constitution still allows him to do more, I will lead those who would carry placards against such a decision,” Balogun warned.

On his own future political ambition, the Rural Development Commissioner said, “it is in the hand of God and the leadership of my party.”
According to him, the party is supreme and only the leadership of the party that God has given the wisdom to allocate areas of service to the party members.
He however assured the party leadership as well as the generality of the people of his loyalty to the party and his readiness to serve the people to the best of his ability.

www.dailysun.com

Re: I’ll Lead Protest Against Fashola If: – Commissioner by Orilee9ice(m): 2:31pm On Sep 11, 2009
i second, third, zillion times, the motion and will join u in the protest to keep him there, jare, call on me anytime
Re: I’ll Lead Protest Against Fashola If: – Commissioner by Nobody: 3:00pm On Sep 11, 2009
Unnecessary propaganda. We know he will run for a second term!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: I’ll Lead Protest Against Fashola If: – Commissioner by Orilee9ice(m): 3:07pm On Sep 11, 2009
No honestly. he actually said he wont, besides as long as Tinubu still has holds over Lagos state, he will put there who he wants, he has already to Tunde that he only put him there for one term and one term only, Idris is next!
Re: I’ll Lead Protest Against Fashola If: – Commissioner by lannre(m): 3:20pm On Sep 11, 2009
no one expect him to say otherwise, let him be PDP commisioner he will say same. ask displaced traders, over two thousands house owners who has their building demolished and they will tell you their feelings
Re: I’ll Lead Protest Against Fashola If: – Commissioner by Orilee9ice(m): 3:27pm On Sep 11, 2009
eyaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!! e pele oh! but someone has to keep Lagos clean and tidy, i was there 2 WEEKS AGO and the transformation is clear, like 7UP!.he is really doing a good job, let give it to him,
Re: I’ll Lead Protest Against Fashola If: – Commissioner by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 11, 2009
As much as i respect Governor Fashola for His wonderful work, I cant satnd Asge kissers like the Commisoner. Lead Protest ko, lead protest ni.
Re: I’ll Lead Protest Against Fashola If: – Commissioner by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 11, 2009
Orilee9ice:

Aisha2! yeepaa!! Gbammuuuuu!!.o ri yen so oh!
English version please
Re: I’ll Lead Protest Against Fashola If: – Commissioner by Orilee9ice(m): 3:51pm On Sep 11, 2009
.oh, English Version is, "just agreeing to what you said BASICALLY"
Re: I’ll Lead Protest Against Fashola If: – Commissioner by ayomifull(f): 6:22pm On Sep 11, 2009
aisha2:

As much as i respect Governor Fashola for His wonderful work, I cant satnd Asge kissers like the Commisoner. Lead Protest ko, lead protest ni.

Lead protest ko, lead pretence ni grin
Re: I’ll Lead Protest Against Fashola If: – Commissioner by Fhemmmy: 6:26pm On Sep 11, 2009
Time is man's best friend, after a dog, so time will tell
Re: I’ll Lead Protest Against Fashola If: – Commissioner by Nobody: 8:03pm On Sep 11, 2009
Leave story for market women.
Re: I’ll Lead Protest Against Fashola If: – Commissioner by Bialegend(m): 8:08pm On Sep 11, 2009
aisha2:

Ohh yess, because he is not a northern governor and most of all because he moved your arrss alhmajiri beggars back to your northern enclave.
Re: I’ll Lead Protest Against Fashola If: – Commissioner by Fhemmmy: 8:10pm On Sep 11, 2009
Bialegend:

Ohh yess, because he is not a northern governor and most of all because he moved your arrss alhmajiri beggars back to your northern enclave.

I am not sure if that statement was necessary.
Re: I’ll Lead Protest Against Fashola If: – Commissioner by sjeezy8: 8:13pm On Sep 11, 2009
Tinubu is the hawk on Fasholas neck i have never seen a governor say he isn't running for 2nd term, while being in office for such a short term.

One can only imagin the pressure he faces
Re: I’ll Lead Protest Against Fashola If: – Commissioner by Bialegend(m): 8:21pm On Sep 11, 2009
Fhemmmy:

I am not sure if that statement was necessary.
Yes, it is. This is a northerner that will come here to support everything north, wether good or bad, but will jump into criticism against anything in the south, yet he comes in here to ask southerners for money for his whatever project.
He should know that there is (www.kanoonline.com) for ahlmajiris like him where all members has no different views and different views contrary to northerners way of life and thinking are not accepted by their moderators. It is either you are for them the northerners and their woefulness or you risk being banned from commenting on their forum.
Re: I’ll Lead Protest Against Fashola If: – Commissioner by Fhemmmy: 8:27pm On Sep 11, 2009
Let us just all share views and learn.
We all can disagree to agree on issue
Re: I’ll Lead Protest Against Fashola If: – Commissioner by sjeezy8: 8:38pm On Sep 11, 2009
Bialegend:

Yes, it is. This is a northerner that will come here to support everything north, wether good or bad, but will jump into criticism against anything in the south, yet he comes in here to ask southerners for money for his whatever project.
He should know that there is (www.kanoonline.com) for ahlmajiris like him where all members has no different views and different views contrary to northerners way of life and thinking are not accepted by their moderators. It is either you are for them the northerners and their woefulness or you risk being banned from commenting on their forum.

lol "southerners" the same yorubas who you bash in other threads.

CLOWN
Re: I’ll Lead Protest Against Fashola If: – Commissioner by Bialegend(m): 8:59pm On Sep 11, 2009
sjeezy8:

lol "southerners" the same yorubas who you bash in other threads.

CLOWN
Yoruba, i guess the Igbos whom you hate and show your hatred against here on daily bases are not southerners? Ewu.
Re: I’ll Lead Protest Against Fashola If: – Commissioner by sjeezy8: 8:59pm On Sep 11, 2009
LOL I DONT HATE IGBOS grin

and i dont hate anyone except those praying for the demise of Nigeria

MEND, BIAFRANS/MASSOB, BOKO HARAM- and all politician or thief
Re: I’ll Lead Protest Against Fashola If: – Commissioner by spoOne: 9:15pm On Sep 11, 2009
Bigger fish to fry, Fashola for President! No better and proven candidate out there. Our own Obama!!
Re: I’ll Lead Protest Against Fashola If: – Commissioner by canuck(m): 9:18pm On Sep 11, 2009
$poOne:

Bigger fish to fry, Fashola for President! No better and proven candidate out there. Our own Obama!!

Sooo true! (Ethnic sentiments aside)
Re: I’ll Lead Protest Against Fashola If: – Commissioner by Nobody: 12:35pm On Sep 12, 2009
Orilee9ice:

No honestly. he actually said he wont, besides as long as Tinubu still has holds over Lagos state, he will put there who he wants, he has already to Tunde that he only put him there for one term and one term only, Idris is next!
You people just like to be spoon fed abi?
HE WILL RUN FOR A SECOND TERM. IT IS ALL PROPAGANDA.
When it is time for elections, he will claim the will of the people forced him to rethink his decision. He already knows he is running. Dont be deceived.
Re: I’ll Lead Protest Against Fashola If: – Commissioner by Singular: 5:28pm On Nov 30, 2009
Please my people let us not look up the governor as a demi-god! In the same way we focused on Dora durin her time at NAFDAC and not the organization itself, and we expect her to perform miracles and turn water to wine!
Let us commend the organization he has created and not just him so that we can have continuous growth regardless of if he is there or not!
Re: I’ll Lead Protest Against Fashola If: – Commissioner by ozalogbo: 10:32pm On Nov 30, 2009
It would be laughable to compel someone to recontest by protesting, if the person says no. It is sycophancy.
Re: I’ll Lead Protest Against Fashola If: – Commissioner by DisGuy: 10:40pm On Nov 30, 2009
Lanre Balogun, who heads the Ministry of Rural Development

Mr Lanre, What have you done yourself? how come no one is supporting your own second term?
olori gbeske
Re: I’ll Lead Protest Against Fashola If: – Commissioner by Laster: 11:25pm On Nov 30, 2009
Jokes apart, Uncle Fashola has tried in lagos.Most of time he knows what to do ,how to do and when. In short is in control then let us give him another opportunity.
Re: I’ll Lead Protest Against Fashola If: – Commissioner by Alxmyr(m): 11:39pm On Nov 30, 2009
He is working to keep his job
Re: I’ll Lead Protest Against Fashola If: – Commissioner by semid4lyfe(m): 9:05am On Dec 01, 2009
Very silly, 'notice me', 'na me loyal pass' & over-patronizing comments by Mr Commissioner.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Political Crisis - Video Clips / Yoruba Muslim Group Concurs With Gaddafi; Igbo group too. / FBI Begins Training Of EFCC Operatives Next Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.