Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Avengers Blows Up Another Pipeline As Military consider Action Against Militants - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Avengers Blows Up Another Pipeline As Military consider Action Against Militants (2285 Views)

Militants Bomb Another Pipeline In Delta / AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) / FG To Suspend Military Offensive Against Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Avengers Blows Up Another Pipeline As Military consider Action Against Militants by chuksmoni: 5:48am On Jul 13, 2016
By Emma Amaize, Regional Editor, South South, Egufe Yafugbrhi & Perez Brisibe

WARRI—THE Niger Delta Avengers, NDA, which vowed on Monday to continue to obstruct all avenues by President Muhammadu Buhari to export crude oil because of his refusal to address its demands, blew up the Qua Iboe 48-inch oil crude oil export line belonging to Exxon Mobil in Akwa Ibom State in defiance of him.

Que Iboe returned to operation after a month long force majeure in June, buoyed by the now aborted ceasefire between the Niger Delta Avengers and government, but the militant group, which claimed responsibility for the attack, wondered why the International Oil Companies deceive themselves with government’s false sense of security.

Spokesperson of the group, self-styled Gen. Murdoch Agbinibo, said: “At 7:30p.m., the Niger Delta Avengers blew up ExxonMobil Qua Iboe 483 crude oil export pipeline. When will these International Oil companies learn to listen, we (Avengers) said no export.

” Qua Iboe which crude oil grade stood at a $0.90 per barrel premium had witnessed strong trade interest since the release of its provisional August programme on June 27. Same day, Shell Petroleum Development Company, SPDC, shut down the Trans Niger Pipeline, one of the two major pipelines that carries the Bonny Light crude grade for export following an outflow in Gio, Ogoni land, Rivers State.

The company had only last week resumed export on the pipeline after almost two months of force majeure, following the restoration of production to Bonny Terminal. Officials said the company was working on a joint investigation into the leak on Trans Niger Pipeline.

However, the militant group, which said it was closely monitoring repairs on damaged pipelines, attacked the Nembe 1, 2 and 3 Tedeba Brass trunk lines in Bayelsa and Rivers states on June 8, after the company carried out repairs on leaking Nembe Creek Trunk Line, NCTL.

It also bombed the Forcados 48-inch Crude Export Terminal in Delta State afresh, last month, because Shell flouted its order not to carry out repairs of any sort on its installations damaged by the militant group until government addressed its demands. Series of deliberate attacks on facilities of Chevron Nigeria Limited and Nigeria Agip Oil Company, by the militant group to stall export had also hampered oil production by the companies.

Vanguard learned that the gain of the temporal ceasefire by militants, which saw an increase in oil export, has disappeared with the recent attacks.
The militant group, it will be recalled had said: “Until President Buhari takes our demands seriously and set up a genuine framework to address the Niger Delta question, we will continue to obstruct all avenues to export our crude oil to develop his 97 per cent (95 per cent). In fact, whenever we have any contact to establish a genuine negotiation and dialogue, we will not hesitate to let the world know that we are in dialogue with the government and her representatives.”

Military consider action against militants

The armed forces are reportedly considering the next line of attack against the Avengers. The Chief of Army Staff, Lt-Gen Tukur Burutai, and other security chiefs are not disposed to dialogue with militants. They are supposedly mobilizing for a combined fresh offensive by all the relevant security agencies.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/avengers-blows-another-crude-export-pipeline/

Re: Avengers Blows Up Another Pipeline As Military consider Action Against Militants by malele(m): 5:52am On Jul 13, 2016
This is really affecting nigeria, but if it will correct somethings then let the bombing continue

10 Likes

Re: Avengers Blows Up Another Pipeline As Military consider Action Against Militants by youngaz(m): 5:56am On Jul 13, 2016
Lyk one guy here used to say.....if dey finish destroyin their land tinkin violence is d answer....dey can come down 2 d west coz we ave enough roads and clean land for dem to sell gala and bottle water wit La Casera....i dnt no who d bombing is gonna affect maybe it's d FG or ur pple there.....wen old women dat are farming can't farm again coz of polluted land i no dey will start cursing u....since d day u've been bombing Buhari no even get ur tym coz he knws sooner or later u'll recognise d consequences of ur action....and has it removed food from his table??.....well wailers can ansa dat....#Bunch of jobless Yoots...*spits*

1 Like

Re: Avengers Blows Up Another Pipeline As Military consider Action Against Militants by savio93(m): 5:58am On Jul 13, 2016
I really don't blame this Nicer Delta guys, the level of dilapidation in their region is alarming.
But on the second thought, when this oil spills due to the bombing, it's their land and water that is polluted. If these IOCs wrap up and leave their land, lots of innocent citizens would lose their job, the forex market would worsen. But the truth is that, even with hardship, the presidents salary would not reduce,
Re: Avengers Blows Up Another Pipeline As Military consider Action Against Militants by bonechamberlain(m): 6:17am On Jul 13, 2016
Which offensive do they want to embark on. How can u embark on an offensive against ghosts. Unless the military knows the avengers

4 Likes

Re: Avengers Blows Up Another Pipeline As Military consider Action Against Militants by GloShare(m): 6:39am On Jul 13, 2016
Very sad
Re: Avengers Blows Up Another Pipeline As Military consider Action Against Militants by IVORY2009(m): 6:55am On Jul 13, 2016
dickrider:
The military should wipe them off the surface of the earth without caring about the collateral damage. Nuke gbaramatu Kingdom now sad

Na who be grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Avengers Blows Up Another Pipeline As Military consider Action Against Militants by ConqueredWest: 7:07am On Jul 13, 2016
dickrider:
The military should wipe them off the surface of the earth without caring about the collateral damage. Nuke gbaramatu Kingdom now sad
savio93:
I really don't blame this Nicer Delta guys, the level of dilapidation in their region is alarming.
But on the second thought, when this oil spills due to the bombing, it's their land and water that is polluted. If these IOCs wrap up and leave their land, lots of innocent citizens would lose their job, the forex market would worsen. But the truth is that, even with hardship, the presidents salary would not reduce,

AFONJAs have spoken. grin

4 Likes

Re: Avengers Blows Up Another Pipeline As Military consider Action Against Militants by holadguy(m): 7:08am On Jul 13, 2016
Continue
Re: Avengers Blows Up Another Pipeline As Military consider Action Against Militants by koboko69: 7:10am On Jul 13, 2016
Vanguard the official newsmedia for terrorists propaganda.

There is nothing like freedom of the press when it comes to National security, very soon that will be very.

Anyone who have been following Vanguard's reporting on terrorism in the ND, will understand what i am saying.

2 Likes

Re: Avengers Blows Up Another Pipeline As Military consider Action Against Militants by chuksmoni: 7:17am On Jul 13, 2016
Next lines of action? It is OK, what is the Northern military still waiting. I can advise the military to stop saying what they cannot do but if there must confront the NDA, they should then write their will and address some issues with their families as they are no more returning to Abuja. There will be no crude until Buhari address the demands of the avengers and the niger delta. Where is the Northern army, you can go and face them if you think so. Yeye dey smell.

3 Likes

Re: Avengers Blows Up Another Pipeline As Military consider Action Against Militants by Oliviaxx(f): 7:30am On Jul 13, 2016
'Military consider action against militants'
I laugh, they should continue considering. whenever it comes to NDA our Nigerian army will have strength and mouth to talk...i'm still waiting to hear the day they'll start 'considering action against fulani herdsmen'. Oh, they cannot because bubu the hypocrite has not yet considered them a threat to national security!. Nonsense undecided

3 Likes

Re: Avengers Blows Up Another Pipeline As Military consider Action Against Militants by ConqueredWest: 7:34am On Jul 13, 2016
koboko69:
Vanguard the official newsmedia for terrorists propaganda.

There is nothing like freedom of the press when it comes to National security, very soon that will be very.

Anyone who have been following Vanguard's reporting on terrorism in the ND, will understand what i am saying.

Tyrants hate pressmen.

Unfortunately, Afonjas like this one is calling for total dictatorship. grin

5 Likes

Re: Avengers Blows Up Another Pipeline As Military consider Action Against Militants by Remii(m): 7:36am On Jul 13, 2016
bonechamberlain:
Which offensive do they want to embark on. How can u embark on an offensive against ghosts. Unless the military knows the avengers
of course they know them, who are they negotiating with?
Re: Avengers Blows Up Another Pipeline As Military consider Action Against Militants by Remii(m): 7:38am On Jul 13, 2016
malele:
This is really affecting nigeria, but if it will correct somethings then let the bombing continue
its not going to correct anything except giving the boys more money and pollute the area further.
Re: Avengers Blows Up Another Pipeline As Military consider Action Against Militants by DaBullIT(m): 7:54am On Jul 13, 2016
Seems like the Military and Buhari are finally waking up

This is what i have always wanted , 2 weeks siege , every flat head youth , every sympathizer , old or young , man or woman should the arrested and detained .

Make them sing like canary and name those Avengers , once that's done , proceed to arrest all of those accused of being avengers ,

Some goats among them will try to resist , round them up and tactically take them out while not releasing those canaries in holding,

I am talking full invasion , full gear , full preparation , and 3rd week roll out armored tanks , destroy all those illegal refineries , take over the whole place,

Bring in foreign experts and engineers, fix the pipelines and keep fierce looking military men on patrol
Re: Avengers Blows Up Another Pipeline As Military consider Action Against Militants by falcon01: 7:55am On Jul 13, 2016
have they start beheading peopl??
Re: Avengers Blows Up Another Pipeline As Military consider Action Against Militants by falcon01: 7:55am On Jul 13, 2016
have they start beheading people??
Re: Avengers Blows Up Another Pipeline As Military consider Action Against Militants by TheFreeOne: 8:01am On Jul 13, 2016
DaBullIT:

This is what i have always wanted , 2 weeks siege , every flat head youth , every sympathizer , old or young , man or woman should the arrested and detained .

Make them sing like canary and name those Avengers , once that's done , proceed to arrest all of those accused of being avengers ,

Some goats among them will try to resist , round them up and tactically take them out while not releasing those canaries in holding,

I am talking full invasion , full gear , full preparation , and 3rd week roll out armored tanks , destroy all those illegal refineries , take over the whole place,

Bring in foreign experts and engineers, fix the pipelines and keep fierce looking military men on patrol

grin grin grin

You must be a kid or comedian. Do you know what a creek looks like or you think its zaria or maiduguri.

Rollout armoured tanks indeed grin

4 Likes

Re: Avengers Blows Up Another Pipeline As Military consider Action Against Militants by Nne5: 8:02am On Jul 13, 2016
Lwkmd.
Nigeria sef

3 Likes

Re: Avengers Blows Up Another Pipeline As Military consider Action Against Militants by dhuthraki: 8:05am On Jul 13, 2016
DaBullIT:

There is a reason changes were made to the military hierarchy recently, especially the intelligence. There has been sabotage on the part of the military.
Re: Avengers Blows Up Another Pipeline As Military consider Action Against Militants by DaBullIT(m): 8:21am On Jul 13, 2016
No creek is impervious to bombs , Ask Osama Bin laden when he hid in afghanistan mountains , If it helps , read the book The Day Earth Shook in Afghanistan , You'll learn something

Until then , I will continue praying for Military intervention so you'll see your creeks is overrated
TheFreeOne:

grin grin grin

You must be a kid or comedian. Do you know what a creek looks like or you think its zaria or maiduguri.

Rollout armoured tanks indeed grin
Re: Avengers Blows Up Another Pipeline As Military consider Action Against Militants by Yujin(m): 8:21am On Jul 13, 2016
DaBullIT:

Lol. Why not go and get enrolment form and join the Nigerian Army? Lol.
Re: Avengers Blows Up Another Pipeline As Military consider Action Against Militants by TheFreeOne: 8:43am On Jul 13, 2016
DaBullIT:
No creek is impervious to bombs , Ask Osama Bin laden when he hid in afghanistan mountains , If it helps , read the book The Day Earth Shook in Afghanistan , You'll learn something

Until then , I will continue praying for Military intervention so you'll see your creeks is overrated

Are you aware the 'creek' hosts network of pipelines too. Have you seen a mangrove before

We are talking reality here and you are yapping Afghanistan, Obama and Osama. Nigerians wants an end to ND crisis but in your haste to comment you ended up exposing your ignorance and hatred.

A nso iru, o nso iru. Continue.
Re: Avengers Blows Up Another Pipeline As Military consider Action Against Militants by koboko69: 9:45am On Jul 13, 2016
ConqueredWest:

Tyrants hate pressmen.

Unfortunately, Afonjas like this one is calling for total dictatorship. grin

I don't engage people experienced in compound folly. Not every one that does not have the same foolish OT with u is Yoruba. I am from Edo state, let that sink into that macaroni ur skull is protecting. I hope i am clear?
Re: Avengers Blows Up Another Pipeline As Military consider Action Against Militants by Oksman(m): 9:53am On Jul 13, 2016
DaBullIT:

Like they have arrested all those you suggested in the northeast, you baffle me men!, do you consider the cost of deploying the military to patrol the country's territorial waters, what is nigeria's capacity and contingency plan to prosecute two internal conflicts simultenously? not every conflict can be resolved by war and this one is no exception, dialogue is the key and not the use of force or the military would end up fighting a protracted drawn out war that it can not win.
Re: Avengers Blows Up Another Pipeline As Military consider Action Against Militants by Almajiri1: 9:54am On Jul 13, 2016
The sages said that a person that sells eggs should never start a fight in the market place.

Buhari through his 97% vs 5% dichotomy has started mob war while forgetting he's hawking eggs for a living.
Re: Avengers Blows Up Another Pipeline As Military consider Action Against Militants by Almajiri1: 10:03am On Jul 13, 2016
Why not volunteer and lead from the frontlines?
DaBullIT:

Re: Avengers Blows Up Another Pipeline As Military consider Action Against Militants by Almajiri1: 10:05am On Jul 13, 2016
Oksman:

Like they have arrested all those you suggested in the northeast, you baffle me men!, do you consider the cost of deploying the military to patrol the country's territorial waters, what is nigeria's capacity and contingency plan to prosecute two internal conflicts simultenously? not every conflict can be resolved by war and this one is no exception, dialogue is the key and not the use of force or the military would end up fighting a protracted drawn out war that it can not win.
Those are the zombified kind of advices offered Buhari that led to our current economic downturns.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jibrin Reacts On APC Invitation And Hon. Jagaba Adams Claims / Welcome To ‘Mai Chanji’,Broom A Symbol Of Witchcraft-Femi Fani-Kayode / Breaking: Trump Lands In Anambra As Buhari Panics- Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.