Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? (19768 Views)

How To Start A Profitable Import Business Plus Fast Selling Products / Please I Need Someone To Assist Me In Registering A Business Name / What Is Your Greatest Challenge In Importation Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by Riderboy(m): 11:50pm On Jul 24, 2016
abikun:

Please can you expantiate. I didn't understand your question. Thanks.

Sorry apologies. Typo errors. Is 22000 the only money to be paid to get the certificate or is there ant ithe charges. For production of chin chin which is cottage industry, do i need to go and rent a space for that. Those that produce chinchin in their kitchen still get nafdac no. I maybbe wrong but I need to know as I was told dt a standard kitchen with a store can be used for cottage industry.
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by Riderboy(m): 11:50pm On Jul 24, 2016
abikun:

Please can you expantiate. I didn't understand your question. Thanks.

Sorry apologies. Typo errors. Is 22000 the only money to be paid to get the certificate or is there ant ithe charges. For production of chin chin which is cottage industry, do i need to go and rent a space for that. Those that produce chinchin in their kitchen still get nafdac no. I maybbe wrong but I need to know as I was told dt a standard kitchen with a store can be used for cottage industry
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by Dandsome: 9:12am On Jul 26, 2016
abikun:
Many manufacturers after struggling to produce still face the arduous task of registering their products. Many had been frustrated out of the business due to lack of knowledge/adequate information on how to register/renew their products either through unscrupulous consultants/ NAFDAC agents, most of whom over promised but unfortunately under-deliver.This thread is created in order to give simple steps need to be taken to register/renew your regulated products. If you have any questions bothering you on registration of your products, feel free to ask below.
Meanwhile, let me highlight the basic steps needed to register your product. The following documents are mandatory
APPLICATION FOR PRODUCTION INSPECTION
CORPORATE AFFAIRS COMMISSION CERTIFICATE
TRADEMARK (ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND ACCEPTANCE)
ORGANOGRAM
PRODUCTION MANAGER EMPLOYMENT LETTER
LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE
PRODUCTION MANAGER QUALIFICATION
SOP PRODUCTION, QUALITY CONTROL, MAINTENANCE OF EQUIPMENT, CLEANING & SANITATION, DISTRIBUTION & RECALL.
PRODUCTION EQUIPMENT & SOURCES
PRODUCTION FLOW CHART
QUALITY ASSURANCE AGREEMENT BETWEEN PRODUCTION COMPANY & THE LABORATORY
ANALYSIS OF PRODUCT
MEDICAL RETAINERSHIP AGREEMENT
MEDICAL CERTIFICATE OF FITNESS (PRODUCTION MANAAGER & OTHER STAFF AT LEAST THREE)
FUMIGATION (RETAINERSHIP AGREEMENT & CERTIFICATE OF FUMIGATION)
GEOLOGICAL SURVEY OF BORE HOLE DRILLING
ONLINE REGISTRATION

Nice write up and information I must say. I have a product i want to register (It is under class 30). I have sent you a PM so we discuss further. Hope to get your reply. Thanks
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by dking123: 9:37am On Jul 26, 2016
@op. thanks for this info. pls also talk about the processes involved in getting S.O.N approval.
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by hadukey: 4:06pm On Jul 26, 2016
abikun:

I will upload a sample tomorrow by God's grace. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Alright, still waiting for you to walk us through
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by abikun(m): 9:57pm On Jul 26, 2016
Dandsome:

Nice write up and information I must say. I have a product i want to register (It is under class 30). I have sent you a PM so we discuss further. Hope to get your reply. Thanks
Drop your email.
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by abikun(m): 10:17pm On Jul 26, 2016
hadukey:

Alright, still waiting for you to walk us through
I appreciate your patience. I didn't have the time to upload it yesterday but I will upload it now.

Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by abikun(m): 10:20pm On Jul 26, 2016
dking123:
@op. thanks for this info. pls also talk about the processes involved in getting S.O.N approval.
No problem, just stay tuned.
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by abikun(m): 10:27pm On Jul 26, 2016
Dandsome:

I got your message. You can drop your email.
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by abikun(m): 10:36pm On Jul 26, 2016
Riderboy:

Sorry apologies. Typo errors. Is 22000 the only money to be paid to get the certificate or is there ant ithe charges. For production of chin chin which is cottage industry, do i need to go and rent a space for that. Those that produce chinchin in their kitchen still get nafdac no. I maybe wrong but I need to know as I was told dt a standard kitchen with a store can be used for cottage industry
The #22,000 is for trademark acknowledgment and acceptance. If the kitchen is standard enough, no qualms. The standard include tiling of the floor and at least half the wall, net on all the windows and doors, portable water supply, neat material room with uv light sterilizer, stainless equipment etc. Then you are good to go.
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by Riderboy(m): 11:20pm On Jul 26, 2016
abikun:

The #22,000 is for trademark acknowledgment and acceptance. If the kitchen is standard enough, no qualms. The standard include tiling of the floor and at least half the wall, net on all the windows and doors, portable water supply, neat material room with uv light sterilizer, stainless equipment etc. Then you are good to go.

Thank you very much
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by abikun(m): 11:29pm On Jul 26, 2016
Riderboy:

Thank you very much
It's a pleasure.
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by Dandsome: 7:09am On Jul 27, 2016
abikun:

I got your message. You can drop your email.

azdan247@yahoo.com

Thanks
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by hadukey: 10:06am On Jul 27, 2016
abikun:

I appreciate your patience. I didn't have the time to upload it yesterday but I will upload it now.

Thanks a lot @abikun, I now understand what you've trying to explain. So what is our next lesson....... smiley
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by waka2: 4:03pm On Jul 28, 2016
pls ur contact no?
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by abikun(m): 9:05pm On Jul 28, 2016
waka2:
pls ur contact no?
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by abikun(m): 9:35pm On Jul 28, 2016
Today I am uploading a sample of organogram. Please make sure you follow the sample to the minute detail because little error usually cause unecessary delay. Thanks. Please I need to entertain more question to make this thread alive and bubbling.
Please be on the lookout tomorrow, I have an important message to pass. Thanks and sweet dreams to all.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by abikun(m): 9:06pm On Jul 29, 2016
Yesterday I promised to furnish the house with an important info. NAFDAC will soon commence clampdown on those factories that failed to renew their operating license. This usually attracts heavy fine. If the factory also failed GMP assessment during the routine inspection, then is going to be double sanction. So if you know any factory that is operating using expired production license, let such company start their renewal asap. To before warn is to before harm. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by mumtobe: 7:33am On Jul 30, 2016
abikun:

What are nutritional claims. The paper given to me states that we should not make nutritional claim on the labellingfor cottage industry. Is nutritional claim same as nutritional value.

How do I determine my expiry date of my product.
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by hadukey: 9:39am On Jul 30, 2016
abikun:
Today I am uploading a sample of organogram. Please make sure you follow the sample to the minute detail because little error usually cause unecessary delay. Thanks. Please I need to entertain more question to make this thread alive and bubbling.
Please be on the lookout tomorrow, I have an important message to pass. Thanks and sweet dreams to all.

I have gone through the organogram and I want to ask for a factory that is just starting, how will one afford production manager, marketing manager and quality control manager...........u know they are graduate.
Will they allow the quality control personnel to perform d job of d production manager so as to minimize overall cost......better still what will u recommend in terms of staff strength
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by HAH: 3:33pm On Jul 30, 2016
abikun:

Is the organogram also a. requirement even for a bakery?

By the way I have submitted by application for trademark at ministry of trade and investment, the officer promised to get me the acknowledgment and acceptance in 3 weeks. Thanks for your advice
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by abikun(m): 10:13pm On Jul 30, 2016
mumtobe:

What are nutritional claims. The paper given to me states that we should not make nutritional claim on the labellingfor cottage industry. Is nutritional claim same as nutritional value.

How do I determine my expiry date of my product.
NAFDAC have to analyse your food products if it conforms with the standard, that is why they don't want you to make any nutritional claim on your label until when your product pass NAFDAC lab test. If it passes the test you can make nutritional claim on your label. No difference between nutritional claim and value. Let me know your product, because expiry date varies for food products.
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by abikun(m): 10:38pm On Jul 30, 2016
hadukey:

I have gone through the organogram and I want to ask for a factory that is just starting, how will one afford production manager, marketing manager and quality control manager...........u know they are graduate.
Will they allow the quality control personnel to perform d job of d production manager so as to minimize overall cost......better still what will u recommend in terms of staff strength
You don't need more than production manager so no need to hire QC manager or marketing manager. Production manager can perform the three roles. NAFDAC only requires PM & MD, even during inspection. However, in the SOP for distribution and recall you can put any fictitious name as the marketing manager & also the same name must be the name of marketing manager on the organogram. Bear in mind that the marketing manager will sign the sop distribution & recall. Staff strength of four minimum.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by abikun(m): 10:47pm On Jul 30, 2016
HAH:

Is the organogram also a. requirement even for a bakery?

By the way I have submitted by application for trademark at ministry of trade and investment, the officer promised to get me the acknowledgment and acceptance in 3 weeks. Thanks for your advice
Yes it is a requirement for bakery. But check my response to hadukey's question for more clarification.
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by freeze22(m): 1:11pm On Jul 31, 2016
abikun:

Not necessary to register. But to add credibility to your products I will advice you register with NAFDAC if you can afford it. Also, ensure that what you are producing is safe and hygienic for human consumption.

Lovely post, good work OP. I bake bread and cookies on a small scale, can I include a label in my products even without a NAFDAC number yet? If yes, is it ok to make mention on the label of certain ingredients that may cause allergies eg peanuts, milk etc to the consumer? Apart from nutritional claims what else shouldn't be included on the labels. Thanks so much
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by hadukey: 3:12pm On Jul 31, 2016
abikun:

You don't need more than production manager so no need to hire QC manager or marketing manager. Production manager can perform the three roles. NAFDAC only requires PM & MD, even during inspection. However, in the SOP for distribution and recall you can put any fictitious name as the marketing manager & also the same name must be the name of marketing manager on the organogram. Bear in mind that the marketing manager will sign the sop distribution & recall. Staff strength of four minimum.

Thank you so much for the insight, God bless you real good
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by abikun(m): 3:55pm On Jul 31, 2016
hadukey:

Thank you so much for the insight, God bless you real good
Amen. Look out for more insight.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by abikun(m): 4:03pm On Jul 31, 2016
freeze22:

Lovely post, good work OP. I bake bread and cookies on a small scale, can I include a label in my products even without a NAFDAC number yet? If yes, is it ok to make mention on the label of certain ingredients that may cause allergies eg peanuts, milk etc to the consumer? Apart from nutritional claims what else shouldn't be included on the labels. Thanks so much
Yes you can. Please mention the ingredients so as to safeguard consumers. Nothing else should not be included on d label. Rather you should include net weight, storage condition, and dispose properly on the label. But please are you planning to get NAFDAC number?
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by freeze22(m): 5:00pm On Jul 31, 2016
abikun:

Yes you can. Please mention the ingredients so as to safeguard consumers. Nothing else should not be included on d label. Rather you should include net weight, storage condition, and dispose properly on the label. But please are you planning to get NAFDAC number?

Yes, as soon as I can afford it
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by abikun(m): 5:56pm On Jul 31, 2016
freeze22:

Yes, as soon as I can afford it
Okay.
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by mumtobe: 10:10am On Aug 02, 2016
abikun:

NAFDAC have to analyse your food products if it conforms with the standard, that is why they don't want you to make any nutritional claim on your label until when your product pass NAFDAC lab test. If it passes the test you can make nutritional claim on your label. No difference between nutritional claim and value. Let me know your product, because expiry date varies for food products.

Custard and cookies are the products I want to produce
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by HAH: 5:00pm On Aug 02, 2016
@ abikun what is the official cost of having a nafdac number for bakery I mean to be paid for bread?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Journey Into The Short Let Apartment Business In Lagos. / How Can I Receive OTP Via My Phone With Access Bank Mastercard / Abubakar Malami Revokes MTN's $2 Billion Tax Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.