Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

Religious Leaders - Useful Or Useless For Nigeria's Development? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religious Leaders - Useful Or Useless For Nigeria's Development? (599 Views)

All GO's & Religious Leaders Must Go To Prison — Pastor Tunde Bakare / Religious Leaders Are The Real ENEMIES Of Nigeria. / Noise Pollution: Religious Leaders Deny Knowledge Of Approved Decibel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Religious Leaders - Useful Or Useless For Nigeria's Development? by Adaeze1(f): 5:24pm On Sep 11, 2009
A friend of mine approached me asking for information for her Ph.D thesis. She wanted to know if religious leaders in Nigeria were a viable optin for reconciling Nigeria - not just in the wake of interreligious crises but generally as a nation with different constituent parts. " I understand Nigeria is the most religious country in the world with countless religious leaders. Does their moral prescence amount to anything?"

I said no. I told her that politicians had infiltrated the ranks of religious leaders and they have become compromised. I could think of any positive things to say about our religious leaders but i know smart people are on Naira land.

I wonder what you guys think? any other ideas? she wants her questionnaire back in two days and i don't want to give oyibo yet another negative impression about Nigeria.

Help pls, give me opinions, any at all postive or negative.

(1) (Reply)

Church System Today And Its Bad Effect On The Polity / Are You Rapture Ready? / Good And Bad Applications Of The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.