Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,309 members, 7,819,053 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

A Must Read: Banks Atm Machine Is A Big Fraud - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A Must Read: Banks Atm Machine Is A Big Fraud (794 Views)

Yuletide: How Banks Cashed In On ATM Malfunction - Daily Trust / Have You Ever Been Short Payed By An ATM Machine? / Rules Of Using The Atm Machine And Atm Card. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Must Read: Banks Atm Machine Is A Big Fraud by IdJack(m): 6:56pm On Jul 13, 2016
I got this post from a Facebook friend and I decided to post this for awareness, especially in this trying economy in Nigeria. Banks are now using their ATM machines to defraud innocent Nigerians of their hard earn money.

Great people if you are like me, you do not count your money when you withdraw from the ATM; I ask you to repent oohhh.

Last night and this morning I had a very funny experience at the ATM and when I approached the bank in question the securities began to act ask me if I know how to use ATM. Just there a lady tried to withdraw N20000 and we insisted on counting we saw N10500.

Another man came and we asked him to count, he felt angry we would ask him to do that but reluctantly he did and 31 pieces were missing. He was so shocked he screamed what is happening here. We entered the bank to complain and I dare say it was not just ATM failing someone was failing in character too.

We all agreed we don't count cash when we withdraw from ATM and am thinking; how many people have used that machine without noticing. After speaking English without a convincing explanation our cash were refunded.

This is not a case of debit without payment ooh. I really pressed to get the gist the had as explanation and sincerely till tomorrow I will say someone knew what was going on and had the guts to ask me if I don't make mistakes. So people just confirm before you leave the ATM or you will begin to suspect people around you when you notice later on.

I asked the last man what he would have done if he noticed it at home and his response was; "I will never suspect the ATM". For me initially I thought I had misplaced the money and the other lady you will not like to hear what she told me came to her mind. Picture that you sent someone to the ATM would you have believed such story? Just confirm your cash because we are having either machine integrity or people integrity problem or both.

Source: http://www.enrichnaija.com/a-must-read-banks-atm-machine-is-a-big-fraud/

1 Like

Re: A Must Read: Banks Atm Machine Is A Big Fraud by Krak(m): 7:01pm On Jul 13, 2016
It has happened to me twice.

1 Like

Re: A Must Read: Banks Atm Machine Is A Big Fraud by IdJack(m): 7:25pm On Jul 13, 2016
This is real fraud.

Krak:
It has happened to me twice.
Re: A Must Read: Banks Atm Machine Is A Big Fraud by websuccess(m): 8:56pm On Jul 13, 2016
It happened to me Yesterday at the GTBank e-centre at Pen Cinema Agege. I checked my account balance before withdrawal and it's was #39,889.80k.

I withdrew #15k twice, #9k and 500 because it was #500 denominations that the ATM are pushing out.

I don't usually count but something just prompt me to that yesterday. I started counting #39,500 like if I was counting #500,000k.

I was put in a state of confusion and used the calculator on all my gadgets to start adding 15k + 15k + 9k + 500naira, lo and behold #1k was missing. I checked the account balance again on the alert I got and it was 389.80k remaining. I called the security officer there and he counted and doesn't even know what to say.

I told about 3-5people that withdrew also from there and they were like "mind your own business".

I just left the GTBank e-centre because of the place I was going and I was late already.

Please my fellow Nigerians be-careful of using ATM e-centres and most importantly use your bank ATM machines that has a banking hall that you can enter and scatter anything for them when you notice any discrepancy. Always check your account balance before withdrawal and after withdrawal. And most importantly count your money again and again and again until you are satisfied.

Bankers don turn robbers and their own serious past any other economy thief.

Let us inform our friends, relatives, family and even enemies. Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Today's Global Business Presentation / Please Register For Go Global Business Seminar On Aug 2nd 2016 / Any Interest In South African Rand?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.