Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,404 members, 7,812,191 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:50 AM

You Cant Sue Me Until I Leave Office – Fayose Tells Aisha Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Cant Sue Me Until I Leave Office – Fayose Tells Aisha Buhari (666 Views)

I Will Reveal Why We Lost In 2015 When Buhari And Others Leave Office - Jonathan / Governor Amosun Tells Aisha Alhassan To Resign For Working Against Buhari / HALLIBURTON SCAM: Group Tells Aisha Buhari, Go And Submit Yourself For Investiga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Cant Sue Me Until I Leave Office – Fayose Tells Aisha Buhari by tunezcity: 8:40pm On Jul 13, 2016

Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, has advised Aisha, President Muhammadu Buhari’s wife to drop the threat to sue him for defamation of character, saying by virtue of Section 308 of the constitution, he remained immune from legal attacks until the end of his tenure.

The counsel to the president’s wife, Mary Ekpere & Co had written a letter dated June 22, 2016, to Governor Fayose, demanding retraction of the governor’s statement that the President’s wife was involved in the Halliburton scandal, and threatening legal action if the retraction was not made within five days.

However, in a response dated July 8, 2016, Governor Fayose said through his counsel, Mike Ozekhome, that he could only be sued after October, 16, 2018, when his governorship tenure expires.

“Your attention is also hereby drawn to Section 308 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999, as altered, on the immunity enjoyed by our client from civil or criminal proceedings for the period that he occupies the office of the governor of Ekiti State,” the letter said.

“You may therefore advise your client to wait until after 16th October, 2018, when our client’s tenure expires. When that happens, we shall join issues with your client in a competent court of law, in the event that your client does not have a change of heart.”

In the letter, Mr. Ozekhome insisted the statement made by the governor regarding the involvement of Mrs Aisha Buhari in the Halliburton scandal was “correct and justified in law, having regards to a court judgment convicting one Mr William Jefferson for bribery in the Halliburton case.”

http://www.tunezng.com/cant-sue-leave-office-fayose-tells-aisha-buhari/

1 Like

Re: You Cant Sue Me Until I Leave Office – Fayose Tells Aisha Buhari by Sunofgod(m): 8:42pm On Jul 13, 2016
ok
Re: You Cant Sue Me Until I Leave Office – Fayose Tells Aisha Buhari by Mynd44: 8:47pm On Jul 13, 2016
Re: You Cant Sue Me Until I Leave Office – Fayose Tells Aisha Buhari by Justindeco: 9:07pm On Jul 13, 2016
fantatically corrupt woman, ashia halliburton buhari
Re: You Cant Sue Me Until I Leave Office – Fayose Tells Aisha Buhari by 99100(m): 9:40pm On Jul 13, 2016
Olodo .so she no know. Like husband like wife.

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Pays N75m For Protest Against Me – Dino Melaye / Governor Wike Meets Street Traders: Plans To Build Markets To Relocate Them / How The Battle Of Nigeria Would Be Won Without A Single Shot Fired

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.