Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,244 members, 7,815,343 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

British Billionaire - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / British Billionaire (717 Views)

Married British Mum & Gambian Toyboy Enjoy Life In Gambia,says She Must Marry / Nigerian Man And His Older British Wife Enjoy Their Honeymoon In Ekiti. / The Way British, Americans And Nigerians Woo A Girl (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

British Billionaire by Cholls(m): 8:51pm On Jul 13, 2016
my brothers and sisters before I ask my question........please you will forgive my desperation I need an urgent answers that is why am opening this thread here.

In recent times I have come to discover I don't really hear of a British billionaire...........or is it that their country is so structured that one can only be comfortable and not wealthy.

So guys is there a British billionaire.
Re: British Billionaire by mizzbouqui(f): 9:51pm On Jul 13, 2016
Wrong trend
Re: British Billionaire by harrysjones(m): 10:09pm On Jul 13, 2016
i dear i just pm u nw.. do u see it wink wink
mizzbouqui:
Wrong trend
Re: British Billionaire by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jul 13, 2016
Richard Branson is one..He owns virgin Atlantic.
Re: British Billionaire by Nobody: 1:34am On Jul 14, 2016
Nice observation op, Yes there are but few and some years back some other British billionaire went poor turning to millionaires now why was that?

TAX! TAX!! TAX!!!

Because of high tax rate, corporations and industries aren't really prevalent in Britain hence, intending capitalist deems Britain NOT a good ground for large business empire like corporations etc. And the British Monarch system doesn't gives Capitalism its freedom. Only the Rothschild ever had that capitalist freedom and he took over British Bank of England after the battle of waterloo.

But let's take a look at the US (Home of the brave)

Yes, the US imposes Tax on businesses but not as high as that of the British, Competition and true liberal society is what has driven the US soil to embrace Capitalism wholeheartedly. And now Corporations CEO rule the world using America policy of liberalism and freedom of speech.

Another thing is, the US is a like an Empire that conquer the world economically and only country coming close to dominating the US Empire is China, that's why US owns more debt to China.

The US brings in immigrants via Visa lottery just for one reason, they need people to work in their factories and these immigrants are like second class citizen who are daily exploited and been used in their factories.

Lastly, There are some smart investors in the US who start their company in the US but have the production factory in other countries to evade high tax. Most especially the fashion/clothing line companies.

You 've got to be smart to be successful in America, that's the home of the brave. Name 10 inventors and inventions, 7 of them from the US.

2 Likes

Re: British Billionaire by ronald4lif(m): 1:45am On Jul 14, 2016
There are many British billionaires, too many to mention but a Google search will enlighten you. The Brits aren't much vain and loquacious about their wealth and the wealthy don't like showing off, prefer living on a low key.

The Brits generally also don't flaunt wealth and acquisition like the garrulous and excessive rodomontade Americans do. And the Brits mainstream media doesn't pay so much focus on the opulent class like the Americans.

Generally, Europeans wealthy class are very quiet and sensitive in parading wealth than the Yanks. True America have got more billionaires but they're noise makers.

1 Like

Re: British Billionaire by Nobody: 1:47am On Jul 14, 2016
[b] There actually are but they don't have massive funds
like the Americans and also tax in Britain is higher!
so most take their businesses and interest elsewhere!
over time you will stop seeing them as British because of that!
here are the top 10:
1 Hinduja Family $14.5 billion Diversified
2 David and Simon Reuben $14.4 billion Real Estate
3 Gerald Grosvenor, 6th Duke of Westminster $13 billion Real Estate
4 Sir Philip Green $5.9 billion Retail
5 James Ratcliffe $5.5 billion Chemicals
6 Joe Lewis $5.3 billion Investments
7 Ian and Richard Livingstone $5.1 billion Real Estate
8 David and Frederick Barclay $4.9 billion Media, Retail
9 Sir Richard Branson $4.9 billion Virgin
10 Laurence Graff $4.6 billion Diamond Jewelry
[/b]

4 Likes

Re: British Billionaire by Nobody: 1:55am On Jul 14, 2016
ronald4lif:
There are many British billionaires, too many to mention but a Google search will enlighten you. The Brits aren't much vain and loquacious about their wealth and the wealthy don't like showing off, prefer living on a low key.

The Brits generally also don't flaunt wealth and acquisition like the garrulous and excessive rodomontade Americans do. And the Brits mainstream media doesn't pay so much focus on the opulent class like the Americans.

Generally, Europeans wealthy class are very quiet and sensitive in parading wealth than the Yanks. True America have got more billionaires but they're noise makers.
I'll go with this arguement too.
Brits are more conservative .
Re: British Billionaire by kirchofff(m): 2:01am On Jul 14, 2016
aaronson:
Nice observation op, Yes there are but few and some years back some other British billionaire went poor turning to millionaires now why was that?

TAX! TAX!! TAX!!!

Because of high tax rate, corporations and industries aren't really prevalent in Britain hence, intending capitalist deems Britain NOT a good ground for large business empire like corporations etc. And the British Monarch system doesn't gives Capitalism its freedom. Only the Rothschild ever had that capitalist freedom and he took over British Bank of England after the battle of waterloo.

But let's take a look at the US (Home of the brave)

Yes, the US imposes Tax on businesses but not as high as that of the British, Competition and true liberal society is what has driven the US soil to embrace Capitalism wholeheartedly. And now Corporations CEO rule the world using America policy of liberalism and freedom of speech.

Another thing is, the US is a like an Empire that conquer the world economically and only country coming close to dominating the US Empire is China, that's why US owns more debt to China.

The US brings in immigrants via Visa lottery just for one reason, they need people to work in their factories and these immigrants are like second class citizen who are daily exploited and been used in their factories.

Lastly, There are some smart investors in the US who start their company in the US but have the production factory in other countries to evade high tax. Most especially the fashion/clothing line companies such as Gucci, YSL, Louis vuitton etc

You 've got to be smart to be successful in America, that's the home of the brave. Name 10 inventors and inventions, 7 of them from the US.

bros gucci is Italian and louis vuitton is french.........nice analysis tho

1 Like

Re: British Billionaire by Cholls(m): 10:16pm On Jul 15, 2016
2BB4CB3E:
[b] There actually are but they don't have massive funds
like the Americans and also tax in Britain is higher!
so most take their businesses and interest elsewhere!
over time you will stop seeing them as British because of that!
here are the top 10:
1 Hinduja Family $14.5 billion Diversified
2 David and Simon Reuben $14.4 billion Real Estate
3 Gerald Grosvenor, 6th Duke of Westminster $13 billion Real Estate
4 Sir Philip Green $5.9 billion Retail
5 James Ratcliffe $5.5 billion Chemicals
6 Joe Lewis $5.3 billion Investments
7 Ian and Richard Livingstone $5.1 billion Real Estate
8 David and Frederick Barclay $4.9 billion Media, Retail
9 Sir Richard Branson $4.9 billion Virgin
10 Laurence Graff $4.6 billion Diamond Jewelry
[/b]

my brother thanks for educating me..........but I checked backgrounds of those billionaire you listed above and I discovered majority of them don't produce inferior products like the Americans except for Richard Branson of Virgin Atlantic.

(1) (Reply)

When Mr Nairaland Campaign Turns To SUG Campaign / Topic deleted / Rate Of Gossips In Our Society

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.