Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,567 members, 7,820,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

Job Vacancies At Cornerstone Insurance Plc - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Vacancies At Cornerstone Insurance Plc (16847 Views)

Cornerstone Staffing Massive Graduate & Mid-level Job Recruitment 2017 / Cornerstone Insurance Entry Level Pay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Job Vacancies At Cornerstone Insurance Plc by charlesucheh(m): 7:42am On Jul 18, 2016
Gydion:
Is this financial planner or sales person the same as underwriting officer?
Financial planners, I don't know! But as for the sales person, it simply means you'll be employed as a MARKETING EXECUTIVE with your mode of payment being strictly on Commission basis maybe for a probation period of one or two years, after which they might have assessed the number and quality of clients under you, and might want to start paying you monthly stipends as the case may be!!!
Re: Job Vacancies At Cornerstone Insurance Plc by Nobody: 7:43am On Jul 18, 2016
Marketing jobs scare a nigga

Best of luck to applicants
Re: Job Vacancies At Cornerstone Insurance Plc by olutunde12(m): 7:44am On Jul 18, 2016
ishola2012:
My broda and sista Na marketing.i applied around january as financial planner into d organisation.NO BASIC SALARY.you will be paid Based on commission.

Same with mutual benefit assurance plc. The lady who informed us about our employment could not say "congratulation" after listening to their sermon, I quickly "run commot."
Re: Job Vacancies At Cornerstone Insurance Plc by ajasa4link: 7:44am On Jul 18, 2016
gungab:

morning bro,do you have any website business management student can apply, like the one you mention above

thanks
U can work anywhere they need a manager na. I don't have any specific site, just d regular Nairaland jobs section, jobzilla, e working with ex school mates and tweaking of Google to get desired result works it out

1 Like

Re: Job Vacancies At Cornerstone Insurance Plc by ajasa4link: 7:45am On Jul 18, 2016
ajunwaugochukwu:
.pls can u giv me thier email addrress
Which email address are u referring to?
Re: Job Vacancies At Cornerstone Insurance Plc by gungab(m): 7:48am On Jul 18, 2016
ajasa4link:

U can work anywhere they need a manager na. I don't have any specific site, just d regular Nairaland jobs section, jobzilla, e working with ex school mates and tweaking of Google to get desired result works it out

thanks bro
Re: Job Vacancies At Cornerstone Insurance Plc by charlesucheh(m): 7:56am On Jul 18, 2016
wennysignature:
I read insurance and actuarial science,don't want to market insurance.it has always been my dream to work in an insurance company like cornerstone. Pls reply.
I didn't read Insurance, But I've worked for one of the insurance companies in Nigeria and can boldly tell you that all what you studied in school are all theoretical jargons! The real insurance comes out in you when you work with one of the insurance companies, after which they will give you their own training as a potential marketer and also introducing you to their different insurance policies/products as it differs from other insurance companies. And as an actuary, I must say that the structure they occupy in each insurance company, is sought of a pyramid like one. Because that dept usually play host to very few creative product designing and calculating personnels! Well Bruv, every job requires you to start humbly from which you'll rise thereafter!
Re: Job Vacancies At Cornerstone Insurance Plc by experimentist: 7:57am On Jul 18, 2016
What of us wey no go school?
Re: Job Vacancies At Cornerstone Insurance Plc by nkakp(m): 8:05am On Jul 18, 2016
queenex:
please who knows the job description

The job description is all about Marketing
Re: Job Vacancies At Cornerstone Insurance Plc by charlzcavanni101(m): 8:21am On Jul 18, 2016
ajasa4link:

Sup bro.... For an insurance graduate, believe me working as a marketer is an under utilization of human resource. The best is for u to work as an underwriter. Cornerstone had their graduate trainee earlier this year, same with custodian. If u really want to enjoy insurance, I will advise u watch out for insurance companies and some big broking firms when they are recruiting for technical positions and not marketing. I also studied insurance and I never for one day plan to work as a marketer. And that worked for me. U can start by going on naicom's site, get a list of all insurance companies an brokers too, then send ur cv to their email addresses, drop ur cv on their sites, then msg their MD's too. (yeah that works too)
[b][/b][color=#006600][/color]bc[b][/b]Just because you dont like marketing doesnt mean its not a wonderful profession, it is only for the hardworking people and nor for lazy ones...who sit around and wait till the month end and collect salary..............
Re: Job Vacancies At Cornerstone Insurance Plc by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 18, 2016
Deejavuu grin
Re: Job Vacancies At Cornerstone Insurance Plc by ajasa4link: 8:47am On Jul 18, 2016
charlzcavanni101:
[b][/b][color=#006600][/color]bc[b][/b]Just because you dont like marketing doesnt mean its not a wonderful profession, it is only for the hardworking people and nor for lazy ones...who sit around and wait till the month end and collect salary..............
lol......My guy u don't really know what underwriting is. As far as insurance is concerned, those in underwriting are not in any way lazy, neither are marketers. Its just a simple issue, those in marketing go out to bring in business, while those in underwriting apply their technical knowledge in getting the policy written, process claims and ensure the company is not left worse off as a result of carrying the risk. so at the end of the day, everybody puts in their effort to get a profitable result for the organisation.

So just do away with that idea of someone sitting around to collect salary
Re: Job Vacancies At Cornerstone Insurance Plc by seunakin231(m): 9:34am On Jul 18, 2016
Gydion:
Is this financial planner or sales person the same as underwriting officer?
Nope, underwriting officers are dose who access risk, damages nd what claims would cost if damages occur

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Job Vacancies At Cornerstone Insurance Plc by hardbody: 9:49am On Jul 18, 2016
casmir001:
Cornerstone Insurance Plc. Is the first insurance company in Nigeria to provide customers with an online platform for insurance transactions. Little wonder why Cornerstone Insurance Plc. was adjudged as the ‘Best Use of IT in Insurance Service’ 2012, by the Financial Technology Magazine.
Our services are technology driven by cutting
edge Insurance applications. These services are accessible with ease through the internet and/or mobile technology. It was Incorporated on 26th July 1991 as a private limited liability company and became a Public Limited Liability, quoted on the Nigerian Stock Exchange in 1997.

Applications are hereby invited from suitably
qualified candidates for the positions below;

JOB TITLE: Financial Planners and Salespersons
including Unit Managers

JOB REQUIREMENTS
Minimum of OND from any discipline.
Marketing experience will be an advantage

HOW TO APPLY:
Send updated CV and application letter to: ecare@cornerstone.com.ng

www.vacanciesmag..com/2016/07/job-vacancies-at-cornerstone-insurance.html

This is agency work force. If you do not want to sell insurance, do not bother. You get no marketing car and will only be paid on commission. There is no In reality, when you break even and start hitting it big, those guys make huge bucks and they are masters of their time, but if you are not sales inclined and you do not have the contacts, do not bother.
Re: Job Vacancies At Cornerstone Insurance Plc by edwardaigb: 10:14am On Jul 18, 2016
Hahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa insurance company hahahahahaha
Re: Job Vacancies At Cornerstone Insurance Plc by wennysignature: 10:16am On Jul 18, 2016
Thanks ajasa4link for your advice . But am not a bro o am a lady. I will try what u just suggested. Godbless u
Re: Job Vacancies At Cornerstone Insurance Plc by Franky826: 11:10am On Jul 18, 2016
Vanillaskin:
Marketing insurance in Nigeria is like selling sh!t lipsrsealed
Who buys sh!t
Nobody undecided

grin
Re: Job Vacancies At Cornerstone Insurance Plc by yinkuse: 1:38pm On Jul 18, 2016
Normal Marketing job Decsription

queenex:
please who knows the job description
Re: Job Vacancies At Cornerstone Insurance Plc by Deejavuu(f): 2:14pm On Jul 18, 2016
iAmCharis:
Deejav.uu grin

undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

October Payment Stopped Temporarily, Partial Payment Made / Marie Stopes Nigeria Recruiting Massively / 10 Things I Wasn't Aware Of About Getting A Job In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.