Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,545 members, 7,816,324 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

12 Times The English Language Made No Sense At All(pics) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 12 Times The English Language Made No Sense At All(pics) (40368 Views)

A Trillion-tons Iceberg, 4 Times The Size Of London Broke-off Antarctica(photos) / I Wrote UTME 12 Times Before Gaining Admission - OAU Fresher / 13 Times The English Language Made Absolutely No Sense At All (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Times The English Language Made No Sense At All(pics) by Mightyraw(m): 9:09pm On Jul 14, 2016
emvico:

mightyraw needs prayer
Ofcos i do, wah do u nid?
Re: 12 Times The English Language Made No Sense At All(pics) by Mimienudles(f): 9:20pm On Jul 14, 2016
David25:
-------------------------
English Language
-------------------------

1. The bandage was wound around the wound.

2. The farm was used to produce produce.

3. The dump was so full it had to refuse more refuse.

4. We must polish the Polish furniture.

5. He could lead if he would get the lead out.

6. The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert.

7. Since there was no time like the present, he thought it was time to present the present.

8. A bass was painted on the head of the bass drum.

9. When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.

10. I did not object to the object.

11. The insurance was invalid for the invalid.

12. There was a row among the oarsmen on how to row.

13. They were too close to the door to close it.

14. The buck does funny things when does are present.

15. A seamstress and a sewer fell down into a sewer line.

16. To help with planting, the farmer taught his sow to sow.

17. The wind was too strong to wind the sail.

18. After a number of injections my jaw got number.

19. Upon seeing the tear in the painting I shed a tear.

20. I had to subject the subject to a series of tests.

21. How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?
oh my god! You have no idea how what you wrote here is going to help me. Thank you very much. It makes real sense
Re: 12 Times The English Language Made No Sense At All(pics) by Slimflame(m): 9:50pm On Jul 14, 2016
DeeCherry:
And lastly

12. Place the word “ONLY” anywhere on this sentence
She told him that she loved him

cc: lalasticlala
intrestin
Re: 12 Times The English Language Made No Sense At All(pics) by raffite: 10:05pm On Jul 14, 2016
Valuable valuables and invaluable valuables have the same value when doing valuable valuations.
Re: 12 Times The English Language Made No Sense At All(pics) by utonwa4u(f): 10:16pm On Jul 14, 2016
emvico:
for this very one, you deserve a bottle of BEAR
I have not gotten the gist. pls explain
Re: 12 Times The English Language Made No Sense At All(pics) by jossyphobia(m): 10:26pm On Jul 14, 2016
DeeCherry:
1.Why do we call a building a building, if it’s already built?
because you cannot finish building a house. there will always be something to add or put. ask a site engineer or structural Engnr
Re: 12 Times The English Language Made No Sense At All(pics) by jossyphobia(m): 10:35pm On Jul 14, 2016
sorextee:
English language can be very confusing. Here's what I found out too.

1. French kiss in France is called English kiss, while in England, it's French kiss.

2. A fireman is not a man made of fire.

3. It is very difficult to staple water to a tree.
4. Drinking hot tea does not make you a hottie.
5. Babies are not born with clothes on.

6. By the age of 16, you have lived 8 years... twice.

7. Today is the day after yesterday.

8. The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert

9. The plural of box is boxes but the plural of ox became oxen not oxes undecided

10. The plural of mouse is mice. I'm wondering why the plural of house is not hice. undecided

it wonder me too oi
Re: 12 Times The English Language Made No Sense At All(pics) by Jovie: 11:18pm On Jul 14, 2016
DeeCherry:
3. If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat?

Human-tables??
Re: 12 Times The English Language Made No Sense At All(pics) by Johnny19: 11:25pm On Jul 14, 2016
DeeCherry:
And lastly

cc: lalasticlala

This one is strong

1 Like

Re: 12 Times The English Language Made No Sense At All(pics) by Ab4all(m): 11:42pm On Jul 14, 2016
emvico:

your FADA
BEER.... e never finish? gbeberu
that's low of you young man. Shalom
Re: 12 Times The English Language Made No Sense At All(pics) by eemjay(f): 12:41am On Jul 15, 2016
[quote author=DeeCherry post=47516407]And lastly

Wow
Re: 12 Times The English Language Made No Sense At All(pics) by Sunny360: 6:22am On Jul 15, 2016
kirchofff:
Why does VALUABLE and INVALUABLE have d same meaning?
Just like why FLAMMABLE & INFLAMMABLE mean the same thing...
Re: 12 Times The English Language Made No Sense At All(pics) by PromiseJonah(m): 7:52am On Jul 15, 2016
kirchofff:
Why does VALUABLE and INVALUABLE have d same meaning?

same question I've been asking myself
Re: 12 Times The English Language Made No Sense At All(pics) by kirchofff(m): 8:50am On Jul 15, 2016
Sunny360:

Just like why FLAMMABLE & INFLAMMABLE mean the same thing...
like seriously bro, never figured that
Re: 12 Times The English Language Made No Sense At All(pics) by lazerville: 9:24am On Jul 15, 2016
Check this out...

"All that he had had had had no effect on his self-worth"
Re: 12 Times The English Language Made No Sense At All(pics) by okikiosibodu(m): 10:14pm On Jul 15, 2016
DeeCherry:
3. If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat?[/quote

[quote author=mizzbouqui post=47515869]
Humanity
If crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, freedom fighters fight.....?
Is someone from Scotland is called a Scotish, someone from Poland is called a Polish and someone from Britain is called a British, someone from Calabar is called a...?

Re: 12 Times The English Language Made No Sense At All(pics) by satelliteDISH(m): 6:41am On Jul 16, 2016
Haute:
Why does it feel so romantic in here? Is my crush on this thread, or perhaps I've somehow contrived to teleport to the Romance section again?

Oya, teleport back to mars where U came from?
Re: 12 Times The English Language Made No Sense At All(pics) by mizzbouqui(f): 8:07am On Jul 16, 2016
[quote author=okikiosibodu post=47580814][/quote]
Calabish wink

1 Like

Re: 12 Times The English Language Made No Sense At All(pics) by LeJeun3: 9:03am On Jul 16, 2016
DeeCherry:
4. French fries aka. chips were not invented in France.

French fries isn't also known as chips.....

Re: 12 Times The English Language Made No Sense At All(pics) by okikiosibodu(m): 12:57pm On Jul 16, 2016
mizzbouqui:

Calabish wink

You sure its not CalaBASH?

Re: 12 Times The English Language Made No Sense At All(pics) by mizzbouqui(f): 3:31pm On Jul 16, 2016
okikiosibodu:

You sure its not CalaBASH?
You garrit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 12 Times The English Language Made No Sense At All(pics) by Oshare57: 3:48pm On Jul 16, 2016
sorextee:
English language can be very confusing. Here's what I found out too.

1. French kiss in France is called English kiss, while in England, it's French kiss.

2. A fireman is not a man made of fire.

3. It is very difficult to staple water to a tree.
4. Drinking hot tea does not make you a hottie.
5. Babies are not born with clothes on.

6. By the age of 16, you have lived 8 years... twice.

7. Today is the day after yesterday.

8. The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert

9. The plural of box is boxes but the plural of ox became oxen not oxes undecided

10. The plural of mouse is mice. I'm wondering why the plural of house is not hice. undecided

Re: 12 Times The English Language Made No Sense At All(pics) by deife(m): 1:25pm On Jul 17, 2016
jesusjewel1:
Really....you are sure about that??
He is absolutely right, Jewel. smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Letter A School Principal In Singapore Sent To Parents Just Before An Exam / When You Don't Want to Be The Last Fool(pix) / See How Nigerians Pronounce Words According To Ghanians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.