Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,277 members, 7,836,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? (1764 Views)

Senate Inaugurates Constitutional Review Committee(photos) / Maryam Uwais - "Senator Yerima And Constitutional Review" / Constitutional Review Committee Advocates Autonomous Lg's, Dropping Land Use Act (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? by dgreatrock(m): 9:18pm On Sep 11, 2009
As the fumes and ado about blow sky-high in the Nigerian polity over constitutional review, what exactly would you want reviewed in the nation's constitution?
Re: Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? by SapeleGuy: 9:59pm On Sep 11, 2009
1- Land Reform & Resource Control.
2- Reform / enforce environmental laws.
3- Ban past and present military from political involvement.
4- My other suggestions are too draconian.
Re: Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? by Bialegend(m): 10:06pm On Sep 11, 2009
100% resource controll. All the lazy people should buckle up and learn how to survive under life without Niger Delta oil.
Re: Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? by dgreatrock(m): 9:31am On Sep 12, 2009
SapeleGuy:

1- Land Reform & Resource Control.
2- Reform / enforce environmental laws.
3- Ban past and present military from political involvement.
4- My other suggestions are too draconian.

OMG!!! Sapele is the place of Gov Ibori - the resource control crusader, rt?

Pls bring ur No.4 out, spare no details
Re: Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 12, 2009
Religion.
Re: Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? by SapeleGuy: 9:50am On Sep 12, 2009
There are other names people call Ibori now but that nah another matter - and he is from Oghara.

Here goes number 4- I say draconian because it will involve capital punishment.
Looters from 1970 to date should be forced to bring their stolen wealth to their respective states and used to kickstart manufacturing and development. So in effect, i am advocating a looters amnesty, if they refuse then make life unbearable for them. Let us start afresh. Thereafter, any new looters should be subjected to chinese treatment where they have to pay for their execution bullet.
Re: Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? by Nobody: 9:55am On Sep 12, 2009
Death penalty for any public officer who steals more than N10 million.
Re: Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? by SapeleGuy: 10:02am On Sep 12, 2009
nuzo:

Religion.

Nuzo - I like this religion idea because I have always maintained that our people do not truly believe the imported religions even though they are never far from a bible or koran.

My take will be to make all public office holders swear by ogun " by biting this iron, I solemnly swear, "
Jazz nah the thing our people dey fear. Just look at that Alausa character.
Re: Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? by Nobody: 10:09am On Sep 12, 2009
SapeleGuy:

Nuzo - I like this religion idea because I have always maintained that our people do not truly believe the imported religions even though they are never far from a bible or koran.

My take will be to make all public office holders swear by ogun " by biting this iron, I solemnly swear, "
Jazz nah the thing our people dey fear. Just look at that Alausa character

LOL. . . kind of cool but how many believe in it and how are we sure if its not all farce.

I would want the LAW to be our state religion as practiced in China and some Asian countries. Mere thoughts of committing a crime will make one pee his pants. God bless the person if he's a government official or a police officer. shocked
Re: Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? by becomrich15: 11:59pm On Sep 12, 2009
Here is what we want. And like I said can also be modified if Benue, igbo, taraba, adamawa or cross river, akwa ibom ,river state want to be included in the New Republic of Benin. if this happen other 15 state of the north not included would recieve monthly allocation. And would have thier right to a government, banking sector and other form of service , telecommunication and others.

Which means this bill would be modified to redefined re boundary adjustment to included also Benue, igbo, taraba, adamawa or cross river, akwa ibom and river state.

While the state above the river niger and benue which make up the 15 northern state remaining would recieve monthly allocation( reviewed every 20 years) but would be a seperate government and country to either remain nigeria or renamed.

The other alternative is to have Bayelsa, Edo, Ekiti, lagos,Oyo, Ogun, Delta, Ondo, Osun, Kwara,kogi and Borgu(niger state) [Belodok states ] shall be permanently transferred to Benin Republic.

A BILL
AN ACT TO CREATE THE NIGERIA-BENIN COMMISSION AND BOUNDARY RELOCATION AND NIGERIA-BENIN PARLIAMENT.

SPONSORS
EGBE OMO ODUDUWA

This Bill shall amend the boundary of Nigeria. And the following state of Bayelsa, Edo, Ekiti, lagos,Oyo, Ogun, Delta, Ondo, Osun, Kwara,kogi and Borgu(niger state) [Belodok states ] shall be permanently transferred to Benin Republic with supervision of the Nigeria-Benin commission. All land, air, coastal area, land, everything inside its land and air shall belong to the Republic of Benin
NIGERIA-BENIN COMMISSION ROLE AND RULES
This bill also create the Nigeria- Benin commission, which is to be headed by the president of Nigeria and President of Benin republic in rotation. A Two year duration , shall be approved by members of the Nigeria-Benin commission. The head of the Nigeria-Benin commission shall be called President General. The position of President General is reserved for only the president of Nigeria and Benin Republic. No other member of the Nigeria- Benin commission can hold the position of President General or deputy President General apart from this two.

The position of President General shall be rotated between the president of Nigeria and Benin republic. While the position of deputy President General shall be rotated between the president of Nigeria and Benin republic. With Nigeria President Umar Yar Adua starting first.

The Nigeria-Benin commission shall have 17 members. There are
The president of Nigeria.
The president of Benin republic
The president of Nigeria-Benin parliament
The Deputy president of Nigeria-Benin parliament (Nigeria)
The Deputy president of Nigeria-Benin parliament(Nigeria)
The Deputy president of Nigeria-Benin parliament(Nigeria)
The Deputy president of Nigeria-Benin parliament(Benin)
The senate president of Nigeria Senate
The Deputy senate president of Nigeria senate
The President of the Nigeria house of representative
The deputy President of Nigeria house of representative
The senate president of Benin Senate
The Deputy senate president of Benin senate
The President of the Benin house of representative
The deputy President of Benin house of representative

All serving governor, members of the senate, house of representative, chairman of local government, all elected position shall retain their position either transferred from Nigeria to the New Republic of Benin or in Nigeria.
There would be one currency in Nigeria and Benin republic with one central bank in each country. The currency shall be knew as Nibe. From the first two letter of the name of Nigeria and Benin Republic.
Nigeria and Benin Republic would financed the Nigeria-Benin commission and Nigeria-Benin parliament base on a 70% for Nigeria and 30% Republic of Benin ratio.
And an open boundary with no immigration officers expect at the boundary with other nation apart from Nigeria and Benin Republic.
All citizen of both Nigeria and Benin shall have right of resident in both country.
Nigeria and Benin republic shall still remain separate sovereign nation
This bill is based on the willingness of Benin republic accepting the Belodok state, if in an otherwise case the Belodok states shall become sovereign nation and all refers to Benin republic in this bill shall be replaced by Belodok, including the commission and parliament.

The right for the following state of Bayelsa, Edo, Ekiti, lagos,Oyo, Ogun, Delta, Ondo, Osun, Kwara,kogi and Borgu(niger state) [Belodok states ] to be able to vote in all level of nigeria election if approve by the New republic of Benin national assembly by a simple majority.

The Nigeria-Benin commission role is an executive role , while the Nigeria-Benin parliament is a legislative role.
All non physical assets of Nigeria including money and external reserve and other should be divided and transferred with a ratio 70% for Nigeria and 30% for Benin Republic.
Nigeria and Benin Republic shall contribute military force to Ecowas, Africa union and United nation if need be.
All office, officer and position either in the military or civilian retain in the Nigeria shall be transfer over to Benin republic and shall all retain the same position expect if in conflict. All personel should not be sacked. And most retain their position or be created.
All physical military position and assets of Nigeria including money, weapon, ships, tanks and others and other should be divided and transferred with a ratio 70% for Nigeria and 30% for Benin Republic.
All military personel in Nigeria of the New Republic of Benin origin shall be transfer to the Republic of Benin and retain the same military position and rank expect if there is conflict.
All civilian personel in Nigeria service of the New Republic of Benin origin shall be transfer to the Republic of Benin and retain the same position and scale expect if there is conflict.
All physical assets outside of Nigeria should be divided and transferred with a ratio 60% for Nigeria and 40% for Benin Republic.
All physical properties, document and other in The New Republic of Benin should be transfer by Nigeria. Include Airport, stadium, universities, roads, railway, seaport, etc belonging to Nigeria but is located in the New Republic of Benin shall be transfer to the Republic of Benin.

Each countries shall monitors its territory according to international law.
All international agency should be inform of the change in boundary and the establishment of the Nigeria-Benin commission including Ecowas, Africa union, the United Nation, European Union, USA, UK, Canada, China, India, Japan, Germany France, south Africa and other countries.
Nigeria-Benin commission headquarter, activate and site shall be located not in the capital of both country but on both countries bank of the River Niger at Mokwa in Niger state and Jebba in Kwara state. While Abuja would still remain the capital of Nigeria.
Nigeria-Benin commission duty include to execute law and rule set for it by the Nigeria-Benin parliament.

NIGERIA-BENIN PARLIAMENT ROLE AND RULES.

Nigeria-Benin parliament official languages shall be in English and French
Nigeria-Benin parliament headquarter, activate and site shall be located not in the capital of both country but on both countries bank of the River Niger at Mokwa in Niger state and Jebba in Kwara state. While Abuja would remain the capital of Nigeria.
The present Nigeria and Benin republic senate and house of representative would be merge on both level to create the initial Nigeria-Benin parliament.
In future the Nigeria-Benin parliament shall be made of members 60% of Nigeria and 40% of Benin Republic members.

The Nigeria-Benin parliament shall formate law leading to the unity of both economy
Nigeria-Benin parliament shall have one President and 6 deputy President. Three each from Nigeria and Republic of Benin
Nigeria-Benin business licensing board shall be created to licence business in the Nigeria-Benin parliament area.
All business licence shall be merge.
All members of Nigeria-Benin parliament shall be eligible for election to the office of President or deputy president of Nigeria-Benin Parliament.
The President or deputy president of the Nigeria-Benin parliament cannot combine his duties with any post expect ecowas related.
The President shall reside at the seat of the Parliament.
Before every round of voting at the Nigeria-Benin Parliament, the list of candidates for the post of President or deputy president shall be submitted to the Oldest Representative in term of age who shall read it out to the Parliament.
The President shall be elected by a two-thirds of Members of Parliament at the first round of voting, by an absolute majority of voting members at the following rounds at which only two (2) candidates who obtained the highest number of votes shall be presented.
As soon as the President has been elected, the oldest Representative shall vacate the Chair as acting President of Nigeria-Benin Parliament .
Only the elected President of the Nigeria-Benin Parliament may deliver an opening address.

Election of Deputy President to Nigeria-Benin Parliament
Six (6) Deputy President to Nigeria-Benin Parliament would be elected. Three each from Nigeria and republic of Benin.
Six (6) Deputy President to Nigeria-Benin Parliament shall then be elected separately. The candidate obtaining the majority of the votes cast on the first ballot shall be declared elected.
Should the number of candidates elected be less than the number of seats to be filled, a second ballot shall be held under the same conditions to fill the remaining seats.
Should a third ballot be necessary, a relative majority shall suffice for election to the remaining seats.
New nominations may be introduced between ballots during the election of Deputy President
Deputy Presidents to Nigeria-Benin Parliament shall take precedence in the order in which they were elected and, in the event of a tie, by age,
The term of office of the President or Deputy President to Nigeria-Benin Parliament shall be one time term of two years
The term of office of the President to Nigeria-Benin Parliament shall be rotated between Nigeria and Benin Republic.
The term of office of the all members of the Nigeria-Benin Parliament shall be four years.

The Parliament may, on the basis of the report of a special committee, remove the President or Deputy President to Nigeria-Benin Parliament by a vote of two-thirds majority of the members, for serious shortcomings in the management of the affairs of the Parliament .
The special Committee may be set up at the request of a parliamentary group or at least twenty (20) Members of Parliament. The decision to set up the Committee shall be approved by a simple majority of the Members of Parliament of Parliament.
When a Representative changes parliamentary group he shall retain, for the remainder of his term of office, any seat he holds in the Nigeria-Benin Parliament.
Should a vacancy for one of these positions occur before the expiry of his term, the Representative elected shall serve only for the remaining period of his predecessor's term of office.

Vacancies
Should it be necessary for the President, a Deputy President or any other member of the Nigeria-Benin Parliament to be replaced, his successor shall be elected in accordance with these rules.
A newly elected Deputy President shall take the place of his predecessor in the order of precedence.
Should the President’s seat become vacant, the first Deputy President shall act as President until a new President is elected.
Duties of the President
The President shall direct all the activities of Parliament and its bodies under the conditions laid down in these Rules. He/she shall enjoy all the powers necessary to preside over the proceedings of Parliament and to ensure that they are properly conducted.
The duties of the President shall be to open, suspend and close sittings, to ensure observance of these Rules, maintain order, call upon Presidents, close debates, put matters to the vote and announce the results of votes, and to refer to Committees any communications that concern them.
The President may speak in a debate. Should he wish to take part in a debate, he shall vacate the Chair and shall not reoccupy it until the debate is over.
Parliament shall be represented in international relations, on ceremonial occasions and in administrative, legal or financial matters by the President, who may delegate these powers.
Duties of the Deputy President
Should the President be absent or unable to discharge his duties, or should he wish to take part in a debate pursuant to Rule , he shall be replaced by one of the Deputy Presidents, in order of hierarchy.
Duties of Treasurers
The Treasurers shall be responsible for administrative and financial matters directly concerning Members of Parliament, pursuant to guidelines laid down by the Nigeria-Benin Parliament
Re: Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? by dgreatrock(m): 7:25pm On Sep 13, 2009
I want sharia removed from the constitution
Re: Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? by becomrich15: 5:43pm On Sep 14, 2009
I believe in seperation of government and religion, I do not care about sharia. What i feel is right is that the portion that allow for them to cut off people hand and leg and do some wrong thing should be remove. Even if you look at that bible there are place like that in the bible. And the law should not allow does portion be practice. People should be allow to practice what religion they want.

If not I can tell you half of northerner would have no hand and legs even Yar adua  hand and legs would be cut off, because President Yar Adua too is a sinner like me and I ask you, What do you think would happen to IBB and other northerner, they would cut off all of thier part from legs, noise, hand, eyes and every part avialable to be cut off . The bible have sure law but do you think I would wait while you try to cut off my hand , never.

It is clearly stated that no state is allow to adopt a religion.  it is in the constitution.

If not some religion do no allow people to eat cow. wetin fulani man go sell.

In the 70's the north use to cut off people hand and legs. And in lagos you find alot of those people moving away from the north. Many northerner relocated to the south in the 70's with no legs and hands. they mostly lived in Obalede.
When they finish cutting all of thier hand and legs in the north how would they have a jobs. Do they still want to practice this form of sharia, by the time 90% of them have no hand or leg. We would take all of thier women, how can they fight us when they have no hand to fight or legs to run after.

Even why our we trying to stop them when it is to advantage for them to  cut off 90% of all of thier hands and legs when we can take over thier woman. Do you people still want to cut off hands and legs again??  Where is knife people ? can you hand it over to do? (i am joking) It is not to the advantage of the north to cut off hands and legs. it like a story of the man who want to commit suicide.

Anybody who want to cut off hand or legs, let us do experiment with his own hand or leg first before we start and have him use his hand to sign the document without NO HANDs.

Has president I would not allow anybody hands to be cut off.

Re: Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? by MT: 5:49pm On Sep 14, 2009
Becomerich and either Nigeria map or graphical illustration sha grin cheesy
Re: Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? by dgreatrock(m): 8:42pm On Sep 14, 2009
@Becomrich

i dont understand this your nigeria/benin thing jare embarassed
Re: Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? by BlackRevo: 9:42pm On Sep 14, 2009
There are so many things to discuss hence a SNC to re-negotiate our collective existence.

But for now. This issues should discussed

The principle of federal character and the quota system
Representation in the national assembly.
federalism and resource control
state police
land use act
Re: Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? by sjeezy8: 10:06pm On Sep 14, 2009
NIGERIANS WILL FURTHER BE GREEDY

the problem has nothing to with resource control. if Every state in America had its own resource control it wouldnt exist as a country. The constitution needs many changes to be made for Nigeria to be more even/ level out the playing field for ALL NIGERIANS. right now it favors the rich and is not exclusive to ANY DAMN REGION EXCEPT THE CAPITAL.

until Everyone realises it isn't about region, State earnings or any damn resource control, Nigerian leaders from all states will continue to milk the system dry.
Re: Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? by becomrich15: 11:01pm On Sep 14, 2009
it is not that I am tribalist, but it is an issue of national security and danger.
Rwanda had 9 million and 1,000,000 die. Nigeria have 15 times of more.

if a civil war happens

1,000,000 X 15 = 15,000,000 that would die.

And the nigeria army would have at least 20 ethnics, religion army group.

That why I am doing, trying to save 15,000,000 and avoid over flow in other africa countries.

let look at Jigawa state.

You would see from satellite pictures

picture 1. that town where the arrow is the largest afer rom 7 others hadeija is the largest.

now if i zoom in ( get closer) pictures, verify that it is the same town. We pick the largest town in the picture.

Picture 3 I measure the width 0.37
picture 4 I measure the length 0.36

Area length X width = 0.37 X 0.36 = 0.1332

Now
picture 5 and 6 is Akure   length=  width = 14.12 X 7.44 = 105.0528

If you find out how many of that town in jigawa state in akure.

105.0528 divide 0.1332 = 788.685

So that largest town in jigawa state , you need 788.685 of that town to make one Akure.you do not have that in the satellite

picture.

From the satellite picture, Jigawa does not have 788 towns

Now let look at Katsina state.

Picture 7,8,9,10 show you how katsina looks like and daura . and we pick the biggest town. not the average.

we zoom in picture 8 and find the length and width in  picture 9.  which are 0.34 and 0.40

find area = 0.34 X 0.40 = 0.136

if we now compare to akure

105.0528 divided 0.136 = 772.447 times

772.447 is the number of times that largest city in katsina would make up one akure.

From the satellite picture, katsina does not have 600 towns

Now let look at Kano state.

Picture 11,12,13 show you how kano looks like and dambarta . and we pick the biggest town. not the average.

we zoom in picture 8 and find the length and width in  picture 9.  which are 0.48 and 0.46

find area = 0.48 X 0.46 = 0.2208

if we now compare to akure

105.0528 divided 0.2208 = 475.782 times

475.782 is the number of times that largest city in kano would make up one akure.

From the satellite picture, kano does not have 475.782 towns

But the Nigeria government claimed

Kano state      9,383,682
Katsina State 5,792,578
Jigawa State 4,348,649
Ondo State 3,441,024 ( Akure is in Ondo state

Re: Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? by becomrich15: 11:04pm On Sep 14, 2009
x

Re: Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? by becomrich15: 11:05pm On Sep 14, 2009
z

Re: Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? by naijaway(m): 11:05pm On Sep 14, 2009
1) Ban the past military dictators from participating in Nigeria's politics and I support the idea of collecting stolen wealth from past officals military or civilian as sapleguy described earlier including the punishment for future national wealth thiefs.

2)Ban every current traditional chief eg obas, ezes, igwes, sultans, or watever titles they may be and make it known that none of these entities are NOT allowed to make any decision that can affect anyone in their communities or outside their communities. In other words, they will hereby become as regular as every other civilian. For fairness representation, after your local govt chairman, you can have a non government funded observer for your community if you wish, but this observer must be voted in by his community and must not interfere with the govt activities in any way excerpt observing for his community if they doubt the govt officals and this person must not become a permanent representative because after every one and half years these person is subjected to change and might have a term limit of three terms by the community.

3) There should be a review on national identification for better understanding and detribalization.  If you are born in Lagos state, you are from Lagos state and if you live in any part of Nigeria for more than three years as a Nigerian citizen you are only allowed to vote in that current state in any level of election because your vote will not count in your previous state and if you live in any state for up to five years as a Nigerian citizen regardless of tribe you are allowed to contest for local and state election.

4) There should be laws protecting disabled citizens, motherless children, abused/runaway children, and less priviledged senior citizens.

5) There should be a review on land reform with my own idea of making it difficult to own acres upon acres of land as a personal resident. There should be limit on the average amount of land anyone can have for personal residential purposes and should have an incremental tax penalty for every year more than the exceeded amount of personal residential property is owned.

To be continued,  i gotta go for now.
Re: Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? by becomrich15: 11:09pm On Sep 14, 2009
katsina state. it is the same thing. see picture. largest

Re: Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? by sjeezy8: 11:11pm On Sep 14, 2009
this guy it was funny to see a lunatic posting crazy shit before, but now its facking annoying

and its the same shit come up with something new SHIT
Re: Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? by becomrich15: 11:13pm On Sep 14, 2009
let look at kano state, it is the same thing in katsina state. here is kano state

Re: Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? by becomrich15: 11:15pm On Sep 14, 2009
z

Re: Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? by becomrich15: 11:37pm On Sep 14, 2009
naijaway , It is truth we do not have in the constitution that make it impossible for the Military to take over government. We should put it in the onstitution.

I do not support ban on traditional chief. You see if we do it well, we could be making alot of money from it. We dont need that in the consitution. What I think. We should know the number of kings in Nigeria. the idea that some wake up and start is own kingdom. we should have per state laws that guide kingship. and who is a king. Band or this Eze igbo of a thing. only igbo king should be only found in the south east . That way the state can make money from people visiting to see the palace and others in the state. England makes millions each year from the queen visitors. We use the queen as example. The last time Hillary came. she started to pick king to visit because we do not know who is who.

leave land reform the way it is. Or take it from the governor to the state house of assembly, do not put it in the hand of the federal govt or national assembly, if not one mad man can come in future and remove some state into Niger republic.

So let the state be vested with the land that way they can determine what they want with it. Do not give it to the federal govt, if not some state would be in niger republic very soon.( Orkar coup) Let the owner be in the hands of the state assembly and they can transfer the land to what ever, who ever , if the far north want to transfer it to Niger republic, they should be able to, not a federal govt planning another orkar coup.
You cant limit the number of land a person can buy.

Remove the yorubas, edo, delta, bayelsa into Benin republic.
Re: Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? by SapeleGuy: 11:39pm On Sep 14, 2009
Oga becomrich - u dey marginalise Delta for this your arrangement. Since Yoruba speak the same language why so many states? To make it equal I suggest you create separate states for Urhobo, Anioma, Itsekiri, Isoko, Izon, Kwale, Auchi, Orah, Esan. Plus 100% resource control, if not wahala go dey - una go fit handle omo bendel wahala?
Re: Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? by becomrich15: 11:46pm On Sep 14, 2009
population my friend. that what I am looking at, not ethnics.
Re: Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? by SapeleGuy: 12:01am On Sep 15, 2009
Why can't you have 1 or 2 really big Yoruba States. I thought there was going to be a brighter future but it seems you have already perfected plans to marginalise us in this new country. There is no incentive, rethink this thing or we no go come. Limit it to 2 Yoruba states. Plus 100% resource control.
Re: Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? by becomrich15: 12:08am On Sep 15, 2009
there are more people in lagos than your area, you even have state, lagos should be your question.

are we not a minority in nigeria. what different does it make. the most important thing is to relocate first. all this we work out.
Re: Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? by Bialegend(m): 12:15am On Sep 15, 2009
sjeezy8:

NIGERIANS WILL FURTHER BE GREEDY

the problem has nothing to with resource control. if Every state in America had its own resource control it wouldnt exist as a country. The constitution needs many changes to be made for Nigeria to be more even/ level out the playing field for ALL NIGERIANS. right now it favors the rich and is not exclusive to ANY DAMN REGION EXCEPT THE CAPITAL.

until Everyone realises it isn't about region, State earnings or any damn resource control, Nigerian leaders from all states will continue to milk the system dry.
Are you the only one that doesn't know that every state in America controls it's resources 100% and pays tax to Washington? Do you see why we call you guys fools? Why can't you google and read things up for your self instead of blindly defending a system that has brought your nigeria to it's knees.
Re: Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? by sjeezy8: 12:31am On Sep 15, 2009
Bialegend:

Are you the only one that doesn't know that every state in America controls it's resources 100% and pays tax to Washington? Do you see why we call you guys fools? Why can't you google and read things up for your self instead of blindly defending a system that has brought your nigeria to it's knees.

I feel sorry for you because your hatred for Nigeria has blinded you from using your common sense.
Resouce control in America isn't really resource control owned by the state.
States such as texas or alaska dont have the authority under the constitution to control oil leases and determine how much oil is to be pumped. Americas constitution like Nigerias in terms of Business and Economy is made to benefit the private sector. TAXES is what benefits the state and or Federal Government.

WHICH IS WHY THE OIL MAKING STATES OF AMERICA, DONT EQUATE TO HAVING HIGH INCOME WORKERS THAT INHABIT THEM.

why are you dumb like seriously why?
Re: Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? by Beaf: 1:04am On Sep 15, 2009
^
The Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission (AOGCC) is a quasi-judicial agency in the U.S. state of Alaska, within Alaska's Department of Administration.[1] It was originally established in 1955, was subsequently abolished, but was eventually reestablished. This Commission is responsible for overseeing oil and gas drilling and production, reservoir depletion, and certain other operations on private and state-owned lands in Alaska.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alaska_Oil_and_Gas_Conservation_Commission

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Inec Chair Has A Long-standing Relationship With Maurice Iwu! / Do You Know Who Introduced Internet Services To Nigeria? / Can God Bless A Nation Whose Leaders Drink Blood Like Water?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.