Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,145 members, 7,863,977 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:55 AM

Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? (1773 Views)

Senate Inaugurates Constitutional Review Committee(photos) / Maryam Uwais - "Senator Yerima And Constitutional Review" / Constitutional Review Committee Advocates Autonomous Lg's, Dropping Land Use Act (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? by becomrich15: 1:04am On Sep 15, 2009
sjeezy8 , you are wrong. In the USA , it is the state that least out the land to oil company, not the federal govt. and they get paid what is call "oil leases " and roya

It is each state in the USA that own the land and oil. The house of rep  are allow to determine which state are to be drilled.

And there is what they call state waters which is part of the state. And the state own the right to it. They also have federal water
Re: Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? by sjeezy8: 1:09am On Sep 15, 2009
becomrich,:

sjeezy8 , you are wrong. In the USA , it is the state that least out the land to oil company, not the federal govt. and they get paid what is call "oil leases "

It is each state in the USA that own the land and oil. The house of rep  are allow to determine which state are to be drilled.

And there is what they call state waters which is part of the state. And the state own the right to it. They also have federal water

Beaf:

^
The Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission (AOGCC) is a quasi-judicial agency in the U.S. state of Alaska, within Alaska's Department of Administration.[1] It was originally established in 1955, was subsequently abolished, but was eventually reestablished. This Commission is responsible for overseeing oil and gas drilling and production, reservoir depletion, and certain other operations on private and state-owned lands in Alaska.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alaska_Oil_and_Gas_Conservation_Commission

sjeezy8:

I feel sorry for you because your hatred for Nigeria has blinded you from using your common sense.
Resouce control in America isn't really resource control owned by the state.
States such as texas or alaska dont have the authority under the constitution to control oil leases and determine how much oil is to be pumped. Americas constitution like Nigerias[b] in terms of Business and Economy is made to benefit the private sector. [/b] TAXES is what benefits the state and or Federal Government.

WHICH IS WHY THE OIL MAKING STATES OF AMERICA, DONT EQUATE TO HAVING HIGH INCOME WORKERS THAT INHABIT THEM.

why are you dumb like seriously why?

sometimes i wonder why some people use internet stuff to make a point when the obvious is in eyesight
Re: Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? by Beaf: 1:14am On Sep 15, 2009
^Eyesight?

I feel sorry for you because your hatred for Nigeria has blinded you from using your common sense.
States such as texas or alaska dont have the authority under the constitution to control oil leases and determine how much oil is to be pumped. Americas constitution like Nigerias in terms of Business and Economy is made to benefit the private sector. TAXES is what benefits the state and or Federal Government.

WHICH IS WHY THE OIL MAKING STATES OF AMERICA, DONT EQUATE TO HAVING HIGH INCOME WORKERS THAT INHABIT THEM.

Re: Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? by becomrich15: 1:17am On Sep 15, 2009
Look i think the best is to have the yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa state to be removed to benin republic, this way, we resolve the issue of population, which the north is a minority and give the north 70% of the oil.

My main fear is civil war and since the north are minority, they need to join in removing the yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa state into Benin republic.
Re: Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? by Beaf: 1:28am On Sep 15, 2009
^Please leave us alone, even your wife doesn't want to join Benin Republic. Or have thought that you will be making your ethnic group subservient to the Edo? Why do you think the name of that place is "Benin"?

Comot for road jo! make oda people post sense here.

No more stupid maps.
Re: Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? by sjeezy8: 1:29am On Sep 15, 2009
sjeezy8:

States such as texas or alaska dont have the authority under the constitution to control oil leases and determine how much oil is to be pumped. Americas constitution like Nigerias in terms of Business and Economy is made to benefit the private sector. TAXES is what benefits the state and or Federal Government.

Beaf:

^Eyesight?

Incase you didn't know, if federal law comes into conflict with state law THE FEDERAL LAWS always comes first.

eyesight like i said
Re: Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? by becomrich15: 1:36am On Sep 15, 2009
Look in the USA , they have what they call extended continental shelf, which is beyoud 200 nautical miles. While the state own 200 nautical miles and every oil in it. see picture , i got the information from the department of state website.

Re: Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? by sjeezy8: 1:44am On Sep 15, 2009
I think you are talkin in circles seeing as how i said

sjeezy8:

[size=14pt]Incase you didn't know, if federal law comes into conflict with state law THE FEDERAL LAWS always comes first[/size].

[size=13pt]eyesight like i said[/size]
Re: Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? by Bialegend(m): 1:47am On Sep 15, 2009
sjeezy8:

Incase you didn't know, if federal law comes into conflict with state law THE FEDERAL LAWS always comes first.

eyesight like i said
Which conflict are you talking about? Why should an already written and passed law come into conflict in a civilized country like USA? Do you think it's your banana republic of nigeria where your yaradua can wake up one morning and solely change the laws under the constitution to suit his personal interests?
You are complete moronic thomas. I pity the person that paid your school fees. With facts reeled out for you by different persons, yet you are still doubting. Why can't you google and read facts for yourself for goodness sake? Is this what laziness have left of you? Afraid of what the future will become for your silly life under cocoa?
Is that why you are defending anything that will make nigeria to stay ONE? Olodo, once again, states in USA controls their resources 100% and pay taxes to Washington. Olodo, that's the way it is and neither you nor your nigerian morons can change it.
Re: Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? by sjeezy8: 1:50am On Sep 15, 2009
Bialegend:

Which conflict are you talking about? Why should an already written and passed law come into conflict in a civilized country like USA? Do you think it's your banana republic of nigeria where your yaradua can wake up one morning and solely change the laws under the constitution to suit his personal interests?
You are complete moronic thomas. I pity the person that paid your school fees. With facts reeled out for you by different persons, yet you are still doubting. Why can't you google and read facts for yourself for goodness sake? Is this what laziness have left of you? Afraid of what the future will become for your silly life under cocoa?
Is that why you are defending anything that will make nigeria to stay ONE? Olodo, once again, states in USA controls their resources 100% and pay taxes to Washington. Olodo, that's the way it is and neither you nor your nigerian morons can change it.

IS IT NOT FEDERAL LAW THAT SEPERATES PRIVATE SECTOR FROM STATE AND STATE FROM FEDERAL?

i dont blame you i blame the fact you are an idiot who probably lives in the uk or america

and doesn't know shit about the laws in the land he lives in

you are an idot complete fool
Re: Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? by becomrich15: 1:51am On Sep 15, 2009
sjeezy8 , even after , you saw the website of the department of state, you still do not believe. i think you are in mushin, lagos.

So you see if you follow the law, the north loss, they better listen to my advice, and join to remove the yorubas,edo, delta and bayelsa into Benin republic.  And they get 70% of the oil or they end up , geting nothing. Zero dollar. $0.

Re: Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? by sjeezy8: 1:54am On Sep 15, 2009
YOU GUYS ARE SO STUPID

IS IT NOT FEDERAL LAW THAT SEPERATES PRIVATE SECTOR FROM STATE AND STATE FROM FEDERAL?

WHY ARE GUYS SO SLOW? I MEAN SHIT GO TO UNIVERSITY IN AMERICA AND LEARN ABOUT LAW
IN THE LAND YOU LIVE IN.

American states have different stupid laws but are overlooked by federal laws
Re: Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? by becomrich15: 1:57am On Sep 15, 2009
sjeezy8 , which street in mushin are you written from. why do you think california , taxas are rich state. oil my friend,
Re: Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? by Bialegend(m): 1:59am On Sep 15, 2009
sjeezy8:

i dont blame you i blame the fact you are an idiot who probably lives in the uk or america

and doesn't know shit about the laws in the land he lives in

you are an idot complete fool

Block head, you are not worthy of getting any more response from me on this any more, but let me just clarify one thing for you. I do not live in USA or UK, rather, i live in Biafra.
Re: Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? by sjeezy8: 2:04am On Sep 15, 2009
becomrich,:

sjeezy8 , which street in mushin are you written from. why do you think california , taxas are rich state. oil my friend,

since when was california known for making oil?

Since when was texas a considered a "rich state" seeing as how the cost of living, is amongs the lowest in America?

Bialegend:

Block head, you are not worthy of getting any more response from me on this any more, but let me just clarify one thing for you. I do not live in USA or UK, rather, i live in Biafra.

you have just proved how delusional you are
Re: Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? by becomrich15: 2:08am On Sep 15, 2009
sjeezy8, then you do not live in the USA. Oil my friend in texas

Re: Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? by sjeezy8: 2:14am On Sep 15, 2009
becomrich,:

sjeezy8, then you do not live in the USA. what do you think George Bush family is rich from. Oil my friend in texas

lol isn't george bush rich from private sector business?

thats why people who make money in Texas are PRIVATE business

the others dont see this money
Re: Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? by becomrich15: 3:43am On Sep 15, 2009
look at this portion in the map. delta and bayelsa state are fighting over this portion.

while really it is own by delta state because all this portion was part of western region before. it was never part of the east. Justice TOBI who wrote the constitution included it in bayelsa state, while the law that create former river and bayelsa state say it is delta state.

Let look at an example that shows I am telling you the truth,  There is this former commissioner of bendle state Chief Christopher Kingdom Ghomorai who died. He was a former commissioner in Bendle state , when he died delta and bayelsa state had a problem because he was really from delta state, but the constitution by Justice tobi say bayelsa. This man was a very well know Associate of chief Awolowo, he was even the leader of the Action group in ijaw land in mid west region.

Which state is he from delta or bayelsa. This man was a former commissioner of finance in bendle state. but what they did in the constitution was remove him into bayelsa state while he was from delta state.  look at his profile below.

He went to a school call  St. Anthony Primary School, Asamabiri which was in the western region before but Justice Tobi with us knowing asamabiri is said to be in bayelsa, which is funny. Chief Christopher Kingdom Ghomorai was even the leader of the Action group in ijaw land in mid west region.

Gowon speech says, he is from delta state, every other constitution say so too apart from this one.

As commissioner for Finance in the then Military Administration of B/Gen. John E. Yeri (rtd) he was Chairman of the 1.5% Derivation Fund of the defunct Bendel State.

He was initially rushed to a private hospital at Ughelli in Delta State, but when news of the accident got to Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan of Delta state, he immediately directed his commissioner for health, Dr. J. Otumara, to step in and personally take charge and co-ordinate activities to save his life.

Bayelsa State government, through the Deputy Governor was also said to have provided ambulance and other services to save the life of the INC leader Chief Chris Ghomorai who was said to be returning from the burial ceremony of the father-in-law of Honourable Peremobowei Ebebi. Incidentally, the dead lecturers were also going for the same ceremony that he was returning from. While his driver Mr. Pereowei Dudoh too gave up the ghost some days after, Mr. Ogunkoru, the other occupant in Chief Ghomorai’s car was recently discharged from Hospital.

An administrator and business executive of repute, Chief Chris Ghomorai was born on January 12, 1949 in Patani in the then Western region now Delta state. He attended St. Anthony Primary School, Asamabiri in the then Western region now Sagbama LGA in Bayelsa state 1954-1958. He later traveled to Ghana and attended Ghana International School Accra Ghana, where he spent only three months at the School between September and December 1962. He returned to Nigeria to attend Ibadan Boys High School between February and December 1963 and ended up at International School University of Ibadan, between January 1964 and June 1967.

http://www.unitedijaw.com/chrisghomorai.htm

Re: Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? by complove: 1:25pm On Sep 15, 2009
BEAF na u biko,you say bi speak big gramer.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Produce The President Or Declare Him Missing! / Nigerian Woman Dies After Buttock Enlargement / Fashola Hands Over Another Set Of Housing Units In Ojokoro. : Pics:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.