Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,866 members, 7,813,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

The Furnace Within - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Furnace Within (1357 Views)

It Wasn't A Lie- A Novella By Kayode Odusanya / Women Lie...men Lie...everyone Lies! / Lie Much? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Furnace Within by Divepen1(m): 9:36am On Jul 14, 2016
I'm very sorry I'll not be completing my stories. As I said in the other threads my phone is bad . I have the drafts of the other works and it will be wrong to continue another story line because I can't copy and paste with this phone.
So let me put them on hold. And just freestyle.

In this story, I will freestyle and I'm sure we will get somewhere but by the time we get there, enough messages would have been passed and a good number of entertainment would have been enjoyed.

Happy reading.

2 Likes

Re: The Furnace Within by nimat158(f): 10:15am On Jul 14, 2016
Waiting
Re: The Furnace Within by Divepen1(m): 11:01am On Jul 14, 2016

' I don't trust her', Shade whispered into his ears.
' Leave me...Leave my friend. What's wrong with you?' Alabi shouted and pushed her away.
' Don't push me over a woman, over my sister...'
' Common... What's gotten into you these past days? Ever since your sister was found you've been having this uhm...Irritating fear about her being around me and the way we talk'.
' I'm not having any fear. She's just...'
' What are you afraid of?'
' Nothing', Shade said and turned.
' Talk to me', Alabi said and moved nearer with the hope that if he moved towards her gently, like a dove he would get a chance to find out her fear, and probably calm her. But she sighed and stared at the floor.
' She have to leave'.
' But we just found her after she was kidnapped for God's sake, Shade'.
' That's because she deserved it...' Shade blurted out, with her hands opened wild. Then she froze and turned towards him like an robot. Alabi's mouth was wide open. His heart must be beating ten times faster because he was vibrating. And he felt blood pumping harder into his head.
' What do you mean by that?'
' It's a slip of tongue'.
' No..No..No..No..No...' Alabi said and pointed his index finger at her with his teeth gritted. 'No... There's something... And I need to know what the hell is happening now'.
' I swear...Nothing is happening'. She turned again, and looked at the ticking clock.
' It's just that she's a bad luck... A big time bad luck'.
Alabi stared at her and searched her eyes. She was jumpy. Something was happening and he must find whatever it was, no matter how minute.
' Yes she is... She has carried badluck since her child. She caused the death of our mother. Aunty Rosa, you know that our blind Aunty. Her blindness was a fire burnt. She became blind when she rushed away to help her. Folake is a bad luck...'
' Can you hear yourself? Can you hear what you're saying? Your own sister. Your own sister for crying out loud Ah!'
Alabi said and hit his forehead with clenched finger.
' Yes... Look at the accident you had when she got here'.
' Common... That was even before she arrived'.
' It was because her coming was preempted'.
' No... I don't beleive you. And I'm not discussing it any further. I'm just not discussing this rubbish. If you can do this to your own, what will happen to my sister?'
' Alabi, you know I love Aunty Bimbo. She's lovely and everything'.
Alabi slammed his hand on the table, rattling Shade. She blinked as he took his car key and headed out. There's something else.
' She's staying and I'm going to pick Venessa. She's returning today'.
' Oh God no... Why is she coming so early? Let her stay there. Don't let her return now. Maybe until my sister leaves. Until come to a midpoint on this issue'.
' What is wrong with you?' Alabi mourned, marched out of the room and banged the door behind him.
Re: The Furnace Within by joanee20(f): 11:51am On Jul 14, 2016
So you are back OK o..
Re: The Furnace Within by Shakyroh320(f): 2:22pm On Jul 14, 2016
Wlcm sir
Re: The Furnace Within by Divepen1(m): 3:52am On Jul 15, 2016
joanee20:
So you are back OK o..
Someow..
Re: The Furnace Within by Divepen1(m): 7:50am On Aug 15, 2016
Biola wasn't a clairvoyant but she knew her marriage to John wasn't going to be fine. She was tired oaf his unsatiable love for God. Not that she hated the things of God or God himself, she just needed John to do things that concerned her too.
As he preached from the altar and she watched him do so, she couldn't help reminenscing on their first night together- their honey moon. That night, she got a clearer vision of the reason Kemi fought tooth and nail to keep every woman from John. Kemi before her death three years ago didn't enjoy her marriage because of the love- excessive one- John had for her, Biola.
Their honeymoon saw Biola seeing visions upon visions of honey on the moon with her numerous orgasm.
But the joy of her honeymoon was like one going to 'the experience' musical concert in Lagos. The feel was once in a-very-long-time.
She couldn't take it anymore, she tore a paper and wrote 'meet me outside now- Biola'.
She rose and went to the back of the church to meet an usher.
' Sis. Magareth, please give this to my husband'.
The usher smiled and hurried away with it. The usher was one of those young ladies in church who must have used her life as a prayer pount. What else would they have asked for than that Biola didn't have. She was Beautiful, elegant, rich, and also a bible study teacher.
Biola stood outside and waited for John. She knew she would break protocol but God would understand.
John briefly looked at the paper, and glanced at her direction.
He kept preaching, while her desire cried for him.
' Sister Biola, hope all is well?' The head usher, Mr. Joshua, asked.
' Yes...Yes... I urgently need to get something from my husband'.
' Okay', he said and vanished or so it seemed because her eyes were fixed on John, who was rounding-up now. He jokingly told the church that they would continue the study the next wednesday, their bible study time. He led a prayer point and beckoned on another deacon to take over the questions and answer session. He rushed towards her.
' Bee, what's happening?'
' We need to go home'.
' Now?'
' Yes?'
' Don't you see we are in the middle of a service'.
' It's important'.
' What's wrong with you', John asked and his eyes roamed over her body. She looked away. She didn't need his eyes. ' Tell me. Are you fine?'
' I'm not'.
' What's wrong?'
' I'll tell you when we get home'.
' We'll soon finish the service'.
' No... It has to be now'.
' No... We can't'.
' Yes... We must'.
' You're joking ooo'.
' I'll shout ooo', her voice reducing to a whisper, and it was shaking alongside her body. John stiffened and stared at her.
' Is it that serious?'
She nodded like a person that had just seen hell. ' Yes...Seriously serious'.
' The Children... Let's take them'.
' No... They're with Aunty Toke'.
John heaved and shrugged. ' Let's go'.
They drove in silence and didn't talk till they entered the parlour.
Biola locked the door behind them.
John turned. ' So what-'
Biola rushed at him, and snapped his shirt like a vampire that had just seen fresh blood.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Furnace Within by Divepen1(m): 9:15am On Aug 15, 2016
' What? What?' John exclaimed, dazed.
Biola began to loosen his shirt. ' I need you'.
' This is profane... This is wrong'.
' What? We are not fornicating', Biola screamed as she loosened his belt.
John snatched it from her and brushed her away. He hurriedly buckled his belt.
' This is crazy. Biola...You're going crazy. You know I'm fasting. Do you want to kill me'.
' No...No... You are the one ready to kill me. What have I done wrong?'
' Ah ah! What are you saying?
' You want to kill me. For three months now, you've been travelling. Business, conference, convention, Church. Then, you returned and started 21 days fasting again. I'm tired ooo. I'm dead tired and you won't leave till I'm satisfied'.
' Bee...Any devil trying to use you to break my fast has failed. And will keep failing'.
' No devil can use me. I'm a christain'.
' A christian... A christain my foot. You are behaving like an animal. A christain perseveres. You are not'.
' John, you're not making me happy and God won't make you happy'.
' Curse...Epe... Biola ...And you know that every curse pronounced on me backfire'.
' Shut up! What are you? Abraham or Esau?'
' I'm more... I shouldn't talk to you. I'm going back to church, let me change my cloth'.
' You're going nowhere', she said and drew near him.' I can' t live like this anymore. I have desires. I have desires. I need you inside... you... inside me'
' Your brain is out of balance. I'll pray for you', John said and snapped her hands away.
' John...John you're going nowhere'.
' Leave me'.
'Feed me'.
' Leave me o'.
' Sleep with me o'.
' Leave me now, one'
' Do your worse'.
' Leave me, two'.
' He that doesn't provide for his wife is worse than an infidel'.
' Ah! Bible study teacher is that what the bible says'.
' All join. You must sha sleep with me'.
' Leave me... I'm counting to five'.
Biola pulled his belt. He held it stiffly.
' She even quoted the bible. Wasn't it provide? Did the bible not say provide'.
' What major provision does a woman...do I need than to be intimate with the one she married, with you'.
' You're sick. Ah! Leave me', John shouted and hit her hands. Pain crawled within her but it wasn't as the former pain.
' Beat me. Kill me. Beat oo'.
John tore her hand away and slapped her. ' Devil, be gone'.
She became enraged, and rushed at him. ' You will kill me oo'.
John turned and rushed to the room. ' I've commited a sin already, you won't add to it'.
' You will kill me ooo'.
John ran upstairs and locked the doors.
Biola, panting, got to the door. There was no where he could go. She banged the door severally.' Open the door and sleep with me'.
She knocked and severally and crumpled to the ground, wailing. ' John you must sleep with me o'.
Re: The Furnace Within by SweetieConstie(f): 12:50pm On Aug 15, 2016
Lol.... Following! grin

Ride on Sire! CC: Divepen1
Re: The Furnace Within by Countrygirl(f): 11:25am On Aug 16, 2016
Weldone divepen
Re: The Furnace Within by Divepen1(m): 10:53am On Aug 21, 2016
SweetieConstie:
Lol.... Following! grin

THANKS
Re: The Furnace Within by Divepen1(m): 10:54am On Aug 21, 2016
SweetieConstie:
Lol.... Following! grin

thanks. good to have you hear
Re: The Furnace Within by Divepen1(m): 10:57am On Aug 21, 2016
Countrygirl:
Weldone divepen
THANKS
Re: The Furnace Within by Divepen1(m): 11:42am On Aug 21, 2016
Shade bit herself as she watched Folake seat on the sofa.
' I have a feeling...' Folake said but had to keep quiet as Shade's phone rang.
Shade heaved. Whatever Folake wanted to say wouldn't have entered her eyes because her thought was on Folake's body features, many of which she had always hoped to get. Why was John calling her this night? Despite the fact she was getting closer to their feeling, she wasn't expecting his call that night.
'Shade, please come o. It's Bee. One of us will die tonight'.
'What?'
She scrambled out of her seat and rushed towards the door.
' Shade..' Folake called. ' You need to hear me out'.
'Later..'
'I know you don't want me here but i'm going nowhere', Folake shouted.
Shade stopped. She spun.' Who owns the house? You or me? You must leave my house and life for good. I thought you have changed'.
' I'm not leaving this place. Was it my fault? If you don't want me here, then be bold to tell the world what you are'.
' I'm nothing', Shade screamed and stormed out of the house.

2 Likes

Re: The Furnace Within by Divepen1(m): 10:05am On Aug 29, 2016
'I'm nothing', Shade fumed as she drove off into the dark night. Everybody knew she never did anything secretive. Whatever she did was in the past had gone with the past and nothing in the world could change that, they would never interfere with her future. If Alabi had listened to her or had reasoned with her as a husband should, she wouldn't be in fear. She shouldn't have allowed Folake back into her life. Maybe she wouldn't even be angry at her sister.
As the gateman gave her access into the house, she imagined how difficult it would have been to enter the house if the gateman hadn't being seeing her in the house before, if she wasn't used to visiting the couple at odd hours.
She rushed at the door and slammed into it. 'argh'.
The door was locked or so it seemed. She tried opening it again with the hope that she didn't open it the right way. She pushed it again.' John. Biola. Aunty Toke'.
The gate opened. Shade wheeled around and saw Aunty Toke entering with five years old Segun and three years old Lily, who were unusually quiet.
' Mummy Venessa, Good evening. What are you doing outside?'
Shade eyed the children and switched to Yoruba Language. ' These people are fighting. John called me but the door is locked'.
'oh!' Aunty Toke said and fiddled with her bag. ' My key is here'.
She hurriedly opened the door and hurriedly restrained the children who saw an opportunity to play before bed time.
' You're not going to any place', Aunty Toke said as she dragged the two of them towards the backyard. They had another entrance there.
' The Key', Shade said and threw the bunch of keys at Aunty Toke. She caught it and mumbled her thanks as she continued her struggle with the children.
Shade ran inside. There wasn't any sign of struggle. She looked around.
' You'll sleep with me today', Biola's cried from upstairs. Shade was sure she heard wrong. Biola was crying that John would kill her. Shade was sure she heard 'you'll kill me today'. It was a norm among women especially when the men have refused to beat them or had refrained from doing so. That was a good sign. John was still holding up. Shade ran upstairs. John would never forgive himself if he ever beat Biola.
' You'll sleep with me today'.
Shade stopped in her track. So, she heard right.
' Biola', Shade said as she moved nearer.
' Shade. What are you doing here?'
' John called'.
' John called. He could call. He had the power to call but he can't do what I want'.
' Shade', John called from the house. 'Is that you?'
'Yes! What's happening?'
'Take her away from the door first'.
' I'm going nowhere'.
' Yes, you are. Now get up'.
' Leave me o..' Biola cried and shifted away from Shade's extending hands. Shade herself hated having physical contact with Biola- it resurrects some unwanted unpleasant memories. But she just couldn't allow anything happen that night.
' Let's go downstairs', Shade said and pulled Shade towards the stairs.
After a few restrictions, Biola succumbed to Shade's desire and they climbed down.
' John, you can come down now', Shade shouted.
Re: The Furnace Within by bummybummy(f): 4:08pm On Aug 29, 2016
John z calln himsef a pastor but treatn his wife lik dat, it z unfair oo.nyc one bro but d update z too small nw
Re: The Furnace Within by Divepen1(m): 5:42pm On Aug 29, 2016
bummybummy:
John z calln himsef a pastor but treatn his wife lik dat, it z unfair oo.nyc one bro but d update z too small nw
Thanks...
i'll find a way around this phone

(1) (Reply)

Meant For Better? Plain Lazy? / Top 5 Most Read Articles On Kisses 'n' Roses / Touching Lives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.