Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

My Ex Employers Have Refused To Pay My Salary - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Ex Employers Have Refused To Pay My Salary (12029 Views)

Please How Do I Know That My Company Remmited The Tax Deducted From My Salary To / I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? / How Do I Save And Invest From My Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Ex Employers Have Refused To Pay My Salary by SmellingVagina: 7:26pm On Jul 14, 2016
The Great Cuntslayer just organise boys for your ex employer, deal heavy brushings so let him use the pay for Hospital bills. Trust me. No one messes with me. Guy spend d money and treat his 4kup. Because when you seek legal actions agains ur ex, if this present boss gets to find out then he'll be looking@u with one kind eye... Bewise man. 4k him up or let hime be,
Cuntslayer:
My fellow Nairalanders
I come here to seek your candid advice on my situation I used to work in an IT firm on the mainland and God blessed me with another offer on the island. so I tendered my resignation with my former employers and as stated on my terms of contract with them gave a month's notice.
The problem now is that it's 2 moths gone and the people have refused to pay me for the last month of service rendered to them.
I have tried reaching out to all top management of the Company but they have refused and turned a deaf ear to my plea.
So I got n touch with my lawyer friends who have agreed to take up the issue. They say I can make millions out of the case. But my problem is that I don't want the case to distort my career.
Please what do you advise I should do?

Re: My Ex Employers Have Refused To Pay My Salary by Omoluabi16(m): 7:27pm On Jul 14, 2016
lmao.. 'cvntslayer' .
Re: My Ex Employers Have Refused To Pay My Salary by Chinwem(f): 7:28pm On Jul 14, 2016
Lawyer this, lawyer that

Be careful not to spend more than the one month salary itself chasing the matter (on litigation, transport etc) otherwise it's penny wise pond foolish .
Re: My Ex Employers Have Refused To Pay My Salary by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 14, 2016
Depends on how much you're being owed.

My candid advice: move on.
Re: My Ex Employers Have Refused To Pay My Salary by idu1(m): 7:28pm On Jul 14, 2016
I dont write resignation letter.

I collect my last salary and stay in my house the following morning.

2 Likes

Re: My Ex Employers Have Refused To Pay My Salary by Spells(m): 7:30pm On Jul 14, 2016
To be sincere Bro.. Just let it go, after all u survived without d salary.... If a man take off ur carpet, believe me when I say it will be replaced with a rug.
Re: My Ex Employers Have Refused To Pay My Salary by dasparrow: 7:32pm On Jul 14, 2016
mexyk:
you not alone. These employers...I leave them to God

Nigerian employers have no conscience. My current employer has still not paid me June salary. She is busy dodging me. God is watching.

1 Like

Re: My Ex Employers Have Refused To Pay My Salary by chubbygal(f): 7:32pm On Jul 14, 2016
Hmmm I feel for you ! Put your trust in God

Re: My Ex Employers Have Refused To Pay My Salary by Horlawoomey(m): 7:48pm On Jul 14, 2016
Just keep asking politely. Some employers can be cunning when it comes to issues like that. A nairalander here did something similar to me, I kept my cool and keep asking him despite many allegations he brought up, I didn't argue with him till he paid half of the amount, I even thanked him.
Re: My Ex Employers Have Refused To Pay My Salary by islandmoon: 7:51pm On Jul 14, 2016
It won't be easy but you can get your salary if you have time!
Its your money, hard earned money.

Load your phone with 750 card

Select your MD business line, or his office line
Get his phone ringing every time of the day,
Keep calling till you run down his battery, note that people won't be able to reach him as his number will keep showing busy and he will miss important calls.
Wake him up every hour of the night, ensure he reject your call, set alarm as you are human too.
That will get him sleeping during the day
If he barred your number, switch to private number, if he's too smart, switch to his wife number, fraustrate them
Get his phone ringing in the meeting, lunch period, at all time, you will be bored doing that but don't give up, send text occasionally saying you just want your salary, everone will be asking him, why is your phone always busy, ringing and we can't reach you, he will be forced to buy diesel to charge his phone, and he will rather pay you to be free.

I did it and it worked for me!

1 Like

Re: My Ex Employers Have Refused To Pay My Salary by Cuntslayer: 7:53pm On Jul 14, 2016
Thanks my people for ur kind and some rib cracking comments. its not easy when u plan to use the salary to somethings and u are left high and dry.
Re: My Ex Employers Have Refused To Pay My Salary by Omonigeriarere: 8:00pm On Jul 14, 2016
Cuntslayer:
My fellow Nairalanders
I come here to seek your candid advice on my situation I used to work in an IT firm on the mainland and God blessed me with another offer on the island. so I tendered my resignation with my former employers and as stated on my terms of contract with them gave a month's notice.
The problem now is that it's 2 moths gone and the people have refused to pay me for the last month of service rendered to them.
I have tried reaching out to all top management of the Company but they have refused and turned a deaf ear to my plea.
So I got n touch with my lawyer friends who have agreed to take up the issue. They say I can make millions out of the case. But my problem is that I don't want the case to distort my career.

Contacting a lawyer is not the best solution not only because most of them are half-baked, but in consideration of your time, efforts and emotional trauma.

Try to meet your MD and express your unsatisfactory feelings to him. If he promise you another day, go there. Just give him overdose of patience.

If he refuse to pay still, try to convince him that you understand the company's predicament: insist that you want to travel and you won't mind post dated cheques.

If you can try to get the cheque, contact me for advice because the battle is half won. All you need is to be as gentle as dove to convince him to offer you a cheque.

My former employer will run away from me before he would consider running away from snake.
Re: My Ex Employers Have Refused To Pay My Salary by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 14, 2016
idu1:

I would imagine you don't bother getting a reference, from your previous employer?
Re: My Ex Employers Have Refused To Pay My Salary by Adortem: 8:18pm On Jul 14, 2016
ElekeNtioba:
Get lawyered up! Even the threat of lawsuit work wonders. Just inform them u ar "seeking legal counsel". If they stand their ground get ur lawyer friend to contact them. If they refuse to budge....there are two things involved....

Nice moniker btw
What if your employer is a Lawyer? And he refuses to pay your salary and keeps deceiving you that he would pay but never did,what do you do? Better to let go and not expect or one would just get high BP,after you don ask and over ask sef and been taken for a fool
Re: My Ex Employers Have Refused To Pay My Salary by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 14, 2016
What?! Just shoot the idiota employer dead! angry
Re: My Ex Employers Have Refused To Pay My Salary by AfroKnight: 8:33pm On Jul 14, 2016
Bro, I guarantee you they have NO intention of paying a dime.

Either leave the money or let your lawyer contact them from now on.
Re: My Ex Employers Have Refused To Pay My Salary by idu1(m): 8:43pm On Jul 14, 2016
Siena:

I would imagine you don't bother getting a reference, from your previous employer?
Yes.

Bleep them all they are very wicked!
Re: My Ex Employers Have Refused To Pay My Salary by MrAdroit(m): 9:44pm On Jul 14, 2016
hmmmmm! ion even knw wah to say.....buh wait o, u'r kinda greedy o...jst dnt allow those wack lawyers of yours to jeopardize ur career/future
Re: My Ex Employers Have Refused To Pay My Salary by nnaemekanwachuk(m): 9:45pm On Jul 14, 2016
If your lawyers have you at heart they will fight for you because of you and not because of the gain.
Re: My Ex Employers Have Refused To Pay My Salary by Jacko01: 10:37pm On Jul 14, 2016
Wait you are not even paying dem back

Ypu get luck oh
Re: My Ex Employers Have Refused To Pay My Salary by achieverme(m): 10:43pm On Jul 14, 2016
mexyk:
you not alone. These employers...I leave them to God

Stop that nonsense Mr and fight for what is right. If God wants you to leave all matters to him,he wouldn't give you a brain.

1 Like

Re: My Ex Employers Have Refused To Pay My Salary by achieverme(m): 10:47pm On Jul 14, 2016
arthurshelly:
Most of this employer are same..if you can let the salary go please do and move of with ur life,but if you can't let ur lawyer take it up...but of eventually you never get ur salary please don't pray or cursed the company but say something to the company.

You just showed me that Nigerians are mumus and can be taken for granted. I pray I will be able to employ your type in my company. It is good to know I can take you for granted and you will not do anything about it.
Re: My Ex Employers Have Refused To Pay My Salary by achieverme(m): 10:48pm On Jul 14, 2016
Jadonjack:

Haba!!! Nigerians and money!!!

So, all you could think about in the whole issue is how you gonna make millions from your previous employer?!

Pity you!

Strangely enough, you are not condemning the employer for attempting to cheat on the poor man.
Re: My Ex Employers Have Refused To Pay My Salary by Kaysalas(m): 10:48pm On Jul 14, 2016
idu1:

Haaaaaaaaaa! Lwkmd 4 hia! Oboi u badt gan o! E be like say dem don show u pepper b4
Re: My Ex Employers Have Refused To Pay My Salary by InvertedHammer: 11:58pm On Jul 14, 2016
Cuntslayer:
My fellow Nairalanders

/
Magic 8 ball says...."the salary is gone!"

Goodluck collecting.

\
Re: My Ex Employers Have Refused To Pay My Salary by Tcheck(m): 12:24am On Jul 15, 2016
same thing is happening to my babe. she used to work at nairabet until last month when she resigned. they've paid all their staff even her colleague at the same outlet. she gave them a month's notice before she resigned, yet they've refused to pay her. nairabet don't give cashiers employment letter nor I.d card. that way they can treat their staff's anyhow. she has made several calls and even went to their head office but they keep telling her they are working on it. two weeks ago they told her last week. last week they told her this week, yet no pay.
Re: My Ex Employers Have Refused To Pay My Salary by AdeojoFolukeC(f): 4:17am On Jul 15, 2016
I have some few questions for you:

Did u leave the org. in good faith?
Where you cleared before leaving?
Did you return your work tools to them and handed over properly?
When u contacted their Management what was the response you received?

Your case is very similar to 3 of our exStaff currently.
Processing final entitlements is no beans my bro especially for a company who is willing to pay and no company will want his/her exstaff to benefit more than what is due. It goes through 5 desk in my company to process, and appropriate follow up.

The problem with people is that they will never give you feedback when a case is resolved. Awaiting your response
Re: My Ex Employers Have Refused To Pay My Salary by TheSociopath(m): 6:18am On Jul 15, 2016
HarkymTheOracle:

Op,i beg u in d name of Obatala,dont leave your employers to God, they dont deserve his leniency.. Rather u shud table their matter in front of Sango Olukoso..
All u need do is give Sango a Red and Black cockerel
8 Pieces of bitter Kola
A bottle of Palm Oil
A bottle of Schnapp

I swear the thunder that will fire them,Sango Olukoso and Ogunlakaye are still remixing it in d studio. grin

And then you can call your employers and say...

And one brand new laptop for Sango to be browsing with
Re: My Ex Employers Have Refused To Pay My Salary by Nielbaba(m): 8:33am On Jul 15, 2016
Cuntslayer:
My fellow Nairalanders
The problem now is that it's 2 moths gone and the people have refused to pay me for the last month of service rendered to them

u just have to move on , I had same experience last year, after 3montjs of no salary.thank God I did ,cos it went up to six months of no salary for my colleague that stayed back which eventually dey did not get paid too.
Re: My Ex Employers Have Refused To Pay My Salary by Cuntslayer: 9:00am On Jul 15, 2016
My dear Nairalanders
I was called up as early as 5.34am to come and pick up my cheque for my final entitlements by the HR Officer.
I've just picked it up and on my way to work.

The thing is that they also viewed this post and were scared that I was going to reveal their names and bad publicity.

For those people who said that I should move on, you guys are the problem we have in this country, why would I just accept status quo, why should I accept injustice? Why?

I think the earlier we stand up for our rights and abhor mediocrity at all levels, we will progress rapidly.

Thanks also to Lalasticlala for bringing this topic to the front page Atleast it gave the necessary coverage and thus closure to my plight.

Thanks everyone!

2 Likes

Re: My Ex Employers Have Refused To Pay My Salary by Nielbaba(m): 9:36am On Jul 15, 2016
Cuntslayer:
My dear Nairalanders
I was called up as early as 5.34am to come and pick up my cheque for my final entitlements by the HR Officer.
I've just picked it up and on my way to work.

The thing is that they also viewed this post and were scared that I was going to reveal their names and bad publicity.

For those people who said that I should move on, you guys are the problem we have in this country, why would I just accept status quo, why should I accept injustice? Why?

I think the earlier we stand up for our rights and abhor mediocrity at all levels, we will progress rapidly.

Thanks also to Lalasticlala for bringing this topic to the front page Atleast it gave the necessary coverage and thus closure to my plight.

Thanks everyone!
in my own case it was with a woman with no integrity to protect I guess ,I was told by older staffs back then that she had case with so many people in d past and when the case is been taken up to d police station and her name is mentioned , police officer will say they are not interested .imagine owing staffs up to 3months, but Spending millions we make on her kids abroad ,I recalled the company's accountant telling me one morning that his daughter was sent out of school for just 10k,While that same day he was directed to buy a return ticket to Canada for her son .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Sacks Medical Doctor For Theft Of Beds In Hospital / 5 Ways To Maintain A Work-life Balance / Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.