Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,625 members, 7,813,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:48 AM

Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha (18082 Views)

South African Investors Arrive Owerri After Jacob Zuma Was Honored By Okorocha / Demolition Of Ekeukwu Market: Okorocha Turning Himself To A Tyrant- Imo Leaders / Rochas Okorocha Storms Demolished Ekeukwu Market With Security Operatives.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by Firefire(m): 11:55am On Jul 14, 2016
Lalasticlala, well come, e don tey wey I call your name oooo. Oya do something, Imo people are crying out loud against bad governance.

2 Likes

Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by Okijajuju1(m): 12:11pm On Jul 14, 2016
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by temitemi1(m): 12:15pm On Jul 14, 2016
you are pained grin grin grin
Beremx:
your mother is actually among the protesters. See her carrying palm leaves at the back.

foolish people disturbing my mentions.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by izzy14(m): 12:17pm On Jul 14, 2016
Honestly this is my first time of being here and I don't know what to say.I'm I in the wrong place at a wrong time?
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by ngoben(f): 12:21pm On Jul 14, 2016
Ok.
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by meforyou1(m): 12:24pm On Jul 14, 2016
Beremx:
your mother is actually among the protesters. See her carrying palm leaves at the back.

foolish people disturbing my mentions.

haba
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by passionate88: 12:26pm On Jul 14, 2016
See as beremx dey insult person innocent mama, later dm go say make we respect women when the women couldn't even respect themselves

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:26pm On Jul 14, 2016
Kenai:

Is this a subtle way of finally admitting you have been nothing but a gullible nincompoop?

So now you finally agree that Imo residents should be left to judge? Wonderful.
Where was this belief when you were making a fool of yourself all the way from Lagos throughout 2014 and 2015?
When you, the Lagos urchin, were having run-ins with bonafide residents of Imo like Vanacious1, Vanbonattel, Mcmlxxvi and the rest, where was this belief?
When you were shamelessly tagging them "BIGOTS" for HONESTLY voicing out against the man's misrule, where was this belief?
Some even went as far as taking pictures of the rotten roads right next to a current newspaper just to make you realize the error of your ways, but your mind was perpetually locked in the lattice of ignorance and blind hero worship.

BeremX, do you still remember when you labelled me a "Bigot" on this thread below?

- Berem (Dec 27, 2014)

Berem, it would take you 40 YEARS to attain my level of enlightenment, sentience and critical reasoning.

Just see how late you're waking up to the party.

YOU BE REAL MUGU, I SWEAR!

All these for my own Beremx, nwada di loaded?
Ngwa,why is Rochas trying to relocate this market?
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by passionate88: 12:27pm On Jul 14, 2016
Gassa007:

Cc:Mynd44
mynd na one of them, she get immunity from ban just as the thieves in apc get immunity from buhari's selected prosecution.

7 Likes

Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by Emmatdayo(m): 12:30pm On Jul 14, 2016
for ur mind u popular grin grin
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by meforyou1(m): 12:33pm On Jul 14, 2016
Beremx:
Too bad!

Abagworo is this true?
i thought you and okorocha's spin doctor have quarreled.

4 Likes

Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by Angelb4: 12:37pm On Jul 14, 2016
They're protesting against development. We saw this in Lagos, Edo, Cross River, etc, and they later became happy with the situation.

Give them time.
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by Youngtekkey(m): 12:37pm On Jul 14, 2016
Judging from the facts here, It's evident that BeremX is popular as she proclaimed If not, Why is everybody trying to make a name out of her... Imagine! someone mentioning her 3 times this morning alone. Please scumbags, leave the lady in question alone and go get a life.

LONG LIVE ROCHAS OKOROCHA

1 Like

Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by Spells(m): 12:43pm On Jul 14, 2016
I wish e'm well.
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 14, 2016

1 Like

Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by Emilokoiyawon: 12:57pm On Jul 14, 2016
grin grin grin grin Since he is relocating a market Okorocha must be a Yoruba (like Ambode) who hates Ibos. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by Emilokoiyawon: 1:00pm On Jul 14, 2016
Living4christ:
1966 Coup: “The Igbos Now Vindicated And Exonerated”

26th February 2016 News, Politics 1 Comment
1966 Coup: “The Igbos Now Vindicated And Exonerated”Olusegun-Obasanjo

Let the truth be told. The People involved in that so called 1966 “Igbo coup” were:

1. Major Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu (Midwest Region Igbo)

2. Major Adewale Ademoyega (Western Region – Yoruba), author of “Why we struck”

3. Capt. G. Adeleke (Western Region – Yoruba).

4. Maj. Ifeajuna (Midwestern Region – Igbo).

5. Lt. Fola Oyewole (Western Region – Yoruba), author of “The reluctant rebel”.

6. Lt. R. Egbiko (Midwestern Region – Ishan).

7. Lt. Tijani Katsina (Northern Region – Hausa/Fulani).

8. Lt. O. Olafemiyan (Western Region – Yoruba).

9. Capt. Gibson Jalo (Northern Region – Bachama).

10. Capt. Swanton (Northern Region – Middle Belt).

11. Lt. Hope Harris Eghagha (Midwest – Urhobo).

12. Lt. Dag Warribor (Midwest – Ijaw)

13. 2nd Lt. Saleh Dambo (Northern Nigeria -Hausa)

14. 2nd Lt. John Atom Kpera (Northern Nigeria-Tiv).

The reason for calling the 1966 Coup an Igbo exercise is because the government of Nigeria has refused teaching Nigerian History in our schools. And core North has been busy misinforming Nigerians that the 1966 coup was an Igbo coup.
……………………………………….
Yoruba – Igbo fact sheet. This article has no tribal sentiments. Pls add ur own facts if u have any. History will always tell us what happened.

1. Azikiwe defeated Awolowo to become the first Nigerian Premier of Western Nigeria (present Southwest plus Edo and Delta States). Awolowo instead of forming Opposition, rather formed Egbe Omo Yoruba and used it to intimidate Yorubas that won election on NCNC platform to cross carpet and join him against Azikiwe. This was the first parliamentary coup in Nigeria.

2. Awolowo from then on, started indoctrination of Yorubas against the “threat of Igbo domination”. That is how the incurable seed of fear of Igbos was sown in the psychic of Yorubas which Yorubas later sold to other groups through Yoruba control of the media for decades.

3. Alhaji Tafawa Balewa , Nigeria ‘s first Prime minister could not tolerate Awolowo’s treacherous and inordinate ambition of acquiring political power by all means and at any cost. So, he threw Awolowo into prison for treason.

4. Samuel Ladoke Akintola who replaced Awolowo as Premier of Western Nigeria tried to destroy Awolowo’s political grip on Yorubaland by forming a party to takeover Western Nigeria in alliance with the Hausa-Fulani oligarch who Awolowo despised as a backward race. Consequently, Yorubaland went ablaze in revolt against Akintola’s plot. Law and order completely broke down in Western Nigeria. Wole Soyinka wore a mask and forced announcers at Western Nigeria Broadcasting Corporation to declare that Akintola’s government was a fraud.

5. Yet, Tafawa Balewa refused to declare state of emergency in Western Nigeria in order to keep Akintola as a proxy for Hausa-Fulani interest. This was the MAIN reason Yoruba graduates in the Army were the brains behind the coup led by Chukwuma Nzeogwu who happened to be Igbo.

6. As Wole Soyinka and even Obasanjo acknowledged, Nzeogwu ‘s coup was widely accepted by a vast majority of Nigerians across regional, religious and ethnic divides. 9. But the dissatisfied Hausa-Fulani oligarchy who had majority in Nigerian Army infantry used their puppets, Yakubu Gowon, Theophilus Danjuma and co to overthrow General Ironsi.

7. In order to win support of Yorubas, Gowon released Awolowo from prison. The Hausa-Fulani knew Awolowo’s fear of Igbo as the only group that stood against his ambition to power. Gowon therefore quickly made a deal with Awolowo which in effect was that power would rotate between the North and the West (Hausa-Fulani and Yoruba) in post war Nigeria if Awolowo convinced Yorubas to join the North in fighting Igbos.

8. The Nigerian Army was consequently split into two divisions: the northern sector division commanded by Hausa-Fulani and the southern sector division, commanded by Yorubas.

9. Lagos, a city built largely by Igbos and were Igbos invested heavily, was also ceded to Yorubas as a State even when there was no Abuja at the time (1967). 14. Awolowo was made Vice Chairman of Federal Executive Council and Finance Minister. All federal government owned banks in Nigeria at the time which included the Central Bank and First Bank, were under Awolowo and Yoruba management. It was a deal Awolowo could not resist. The man was an unscrupulous Machivellian anyway.

10. The Igbos were eventually defeated and Yorubas became champions of nationalism.

Awolowo tried to make sure no Igbo man or woman would ever be more than acfinancial destutute let alone have the financial resources to rival a Yoruba

12. To achieve his objective of permanent Yoruba supremacy, Awolowo insisted that every bank account owned by an Igbo, regardless of how much was in it before the declaration of Biafra, would only be replaced with twenty pounds! He instructed Yoruba Permanent Secretaries who took over the Federal Civil service when Igbos left, to make sure that Igbo senior civil servants were not reinstated but to rather retire those who could not be dismissed as rebels. The same policy obtained in the Armed Forces of Nigeria and Police .

13. The Igbo were not only made pariahs but also financial destitutes.

14. Every house and industry in Igbo city was destroyed by war. Schools were closed for 3 years and many were razed to the ground.

15. Awolowo masterminded the indiginization policy by which Yorubas bought over all companies in Nigeria using money readily made available to them by the banks under their control. The Igbos were excluded.

16. They rejoiced and relaxed and complaisantly asked: “How could Igbos ever rear their ugly heads up again”? Sure, if that had happened to Yorubas or any other ethnic group, that would be their end. But as Awolowo rightly feared, we happen to be Ndi Igbo.

17. The shooting war ended 45 years ago and we are still here. We have survived all policy shenanigans contrapted by treacherous Yoruba masterminds and executed by their Hausa-Fulani allies.

18. In frustration, they have realized that we are who we are. Imagine their frustration! Never mind all Yoruba masterminded psychological attacks on Igbos disparaging us in any way they can.

19. Yes, Federal government policy has made them the tycoons of oil and gas, telecommunications, insurance and manufacturing. Oh, their Hausa-Fulani cum military allies gave Nigeria to Obasanjo for 8 years in keeping faith with their alliance.

20. Bola Tinubu is struggling for Awolowo mantle by forming an alliance of etho- religious jingoistic to ensure power keeps rotating between Yoruba and Hausa-Fulani. Where is the position of the Igbo and other tribes in Nigeria.

What is ur sincere opinion?

cool shocked shocked shocked LIES shocked shocked shocked cool

1 Like

Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by nkemdi89(f): 1:06pm On Jul 14, 2016
SeverusSnape:
So far, Okorocha has been a failure, Just like Buhari his leader. I hope Beremx is among the protesters.
Dont say that again, is it that imolites in general are allergic to development? They have been relocated let them go and give room for proper planning of the city, owelle has started and no going back.

1 Like

Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by Gassa007: 1:07pm On Jul 14, 2016
passionate88:
mynd na one of them, she get immunity from ban just as the thieves in apc get immunity from buhari's selected prosecution.
Just negodu...
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by Catastrophe1: 1:08pm On Jul 14, 2016
Firefire:

grin

I love your tactics, when the time to measure performance comes, you push the responsibility to the people "based in the state", but during political campaign and jamboree, you were leading the feast online. grin

Chai, dearisgod.

Anyway, I wish the people of Imo State, well and enough.

Good luck on their choice.

hahahhahahahhahaha I was following ur discussions with beremx hahhahah.

1 Like

Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by ahaz: 1:12pm On Jul 14, 2016
xelly:

I was in Owerri two days ago. I saw high tension wires of almost all Owerri capital brought down alongside shops, hospitals homes etc demolished without compensation. Without compensation you will ask 'How did you know'? Well as I pass by one of the structures, I noticed the Governor directing tractors soldiers, police men, and NSCDC where in a gun dual with the house keeper ( Security). I asked and was told that those structures were marked for demolition. I noticed that they have not seen light for the past 3 weeks and don't hope to in few weeks. I noticed EEDC staff packing most of the electrical installations from the fallen cables. Owerri is horrible.
i live and work in owere for 12ys now and i can tell u that rochas is wicked and overstepping his bounds.the orlu road demolishion is done without a human face.there structures that are erected illegally but most of the buldings demolished without compensation are legally ercted within the ocda mesurement.yes the government have the right to posses lands for espension but not buldings that have been erected behind the nepa poles which we know is the official mesurement for structures so if the govt now decides to demolish such,then proper framework for compensation and relocation should be maped out before such actions, tiday peoplw are renderd homeless in there own state even ancestral homes were not spared...to the owere market,we all know that ekeukwu owere is a tradituonal market for the owere people,taking that market means robbing a people of there cultural heritage and we all kmow what markets signify in the african culture..the givt has the right ti relocate the plaza but not the eke market for Gods sake its a peoples heritage,except u are telling me the owere people have done wrong in releasing there lands for the capital,its bad nd should not be encouraged.

4 Likes

Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by Firefire(m): 1:14pm On Jul 14, 2016
Catastrophe1:
hahahhahahahhahaha I was following ur discussions with beremx hahhahah.

D wey we see things in this con3, get as e be.

2 Likes

Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by Catastrophe1: 1:16pm On Jul 14, 2016
nkemdi89:

Dont say that again, is it that imolites in general are allergic to development? They have been relocated let them go and give room for proper planning of the city, owelle has started and no going back.
if you family owns a shop at the market I dont think u will spewing this rubbish.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by Catastrophe1: 1:17pm On Jul 14, 2016
Firefire:

D wey we see things in this con3, get as e be.
I like how you told her the truth.

1 Like

Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by canalily(m): 1:22pm On Jul 14, 2016
Let them bring down the sky! They should bring down the skyundecided
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by janefarms2015: 1:32pm On Jul 14, 2016
[quote author=Beremx post=47529639]political campaign is different from performance. besides this protest about relocation of the market has been going on for long. Rochas wants to expand the road that passes through the market (Douglas road) because of the heavy traffic on that road but the natives and the traders refused.[/quotee

Without prejudice, I support the governor, anybody that has recently not being in owerri should not critizice this expansion, iv bn living in owerri for over 2 years, Douglas is terrible, the road needs expansion and if u dont relocate traders, how do u expand? Govt should just introduce palliative measures to help the traders easily relocate

1 Like

Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by AuroraB(f): 1:33pm On Jul 14, 2016
Beremx:
Too bad!

Abagworo is this true?
You now call on Abagworo for feedback You no get relatives to confirm from, okwane undecided undecided
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jul 14, 2016
Firefire:

Thank you for your response.

Judging from the happenings and news media publications, Okorocha has FAILED.

It's quite unfortunate that the once touted philanthropist has completely failed to deliver good governance and dividends of democracy to the good people of Imo.

You imagine the same fellow attempted to become APC presidential flag bearer?

Until Nigerian youths see ALL politicians as our common enemy and stop this dichotomy of APC vs PDP, we have a very long way to go in getting good governance in this part of the world.

Shalom!
a friends hubby who work as a contractor said rochas and his sister ogechi runs and buy everything. . the man can speak and monkey will give him banana.. u can imagine..

2 Likes

Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by Firefire(m): 1:53pm On Jul 14, 2016
smithsydny:
a friends hubby who work as a contractor said rochas and his sister ogechi runs and buy everything. . the man can speak and monkey will give him banana.. u can imagine..

It has a name, CHANGE!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osinbajo Presides Over FEC Meeting (Photos) / Dapo Abiodun: Houses Where Cultists Live Will be Demolished, Parents Punished / Osinbajo Denies Owning Ikoyi Collapsed Building, To Sue Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.