Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,637 members, 7,813,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:09 AM

Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha (18086 Views)

South African Investors Arrive Owerri After Jacob Zuma Was Honored By Okorocha / Demolition Of Ekeukwu Market: Okorocha Turning Himself To A Tyrant- Imo Leaders / Rochas Okorocha Storms Demolished Ekeukwu Market With Security Operatives.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by DesChyko: 7:04pm On Jul 14, 2016
Lekwanu aruru ala Rochas choro i ruu n'ihe www.nairaland.com/3226822/governor-rochas-it-again-rochanomics
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 14, 2016
Its only in Owerri that i saw a government clear people's houses , improvements on land, without due compensation because our governor is no party to the LAWS OF THE FEDERATION.
According to the Constitution Part 4,Section 44 and the Land Use (Useless) Act section 28, 29..It was spelt out that compensation must be paid to all according to the regulations of the Acts.
Even though the right was vested on the governor of the state, still the Act is not absolutely his subject.....
WHERE ARE OUR SENIOR ADVOCATES IN OWERRI?? .
WHERE ARE OUR ACTIVISTS??
why are we quite and silent, when we know that things are going bad? ...
IMO PEOPLE HOW FAR NA??

1 Like

Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by Chynwe(f): 9:10pm On Jul 14, 2016
kingsman66:
funny man we called Gov
This Rochas is extremely wicked.complete failure and an agent of the devil

1 Like

Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by Abagworo(m): 12:18am On Jul 15, 2016
Biafrarep:
Where is the money for the project going to come please??

Right now Imo State has money. Okorocha is prepared and ready. Civil servants will no longer be owed and all works will go on simultaneously. You and I will hopefully be here to witness everything
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by Abagworo(m): 12:19am On Jul 15, 2016
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by Abagworo(m): 12:22am On Jul 15, 2016
dumodust:

Have you ever considered that this is an ancestral market? The expansion should be done to accommodate them. .. the location probably has historical significance for owerri people. .. eke ukwu... means 'big Eke market'

Its "Eke onu wa osisi" which refers more to traditional morning market. Southern Igbo use "osisi" instead of "ututu" further North. The market is not being closed down but reconstructed to something modern and befitting for city center.
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by xelly: 4:13am On Jul 15, 2016
Abagworo:

Its "Eke onu wa osisi" which refers more to traditional morning market. Southern Igbo use "osisi" instead of "ututu" further North. The market is not being closed down but reconstructed to something modern and befitting for city center.

Demolished structures have left occupants and owners stranded. What's the plans for compensation? Why is Owerri in darkness?
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by dumodust(m): 12:26pm On Jul 15, 2016
Abagworo:

Eke is a traditional market that trades on eke day, one of the 4 days of the igbo traditionally... how does constructing and relocating them to a mall retain it's traditional essence?
The enugu state government expanded a road near UNTH back them and it was done well without relocating the market... smh
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by Okeycima: 12:35pm On Jul 15, 2016
nkemdi89:

Dont say that again, is it that imolites in general are allergic to development? They have been relocated let them go and give room for proper planning of the city, owelle has started and no going back.
Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ mind if I ask which cave did you come out from?, ΨђåƮ gave Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ the guts †̥♥ insult not a few but the whole IMOLITES?. What is your father's name? What stake do you have in imo state?. Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ see is because ☀̤̣̈̇f fools and zombies like Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ that made us †̥♥ experience this dark age in goverance ☀̤̣̈̇f imo state
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by Okeycima: 12:43pm On Jul 15, 2016
ahaz:
i live and work in owere for 12ys now and i can tell u that rochas is wicked and overstepping his bounds.the orlu road demolishion is done without a human face.there structures that are erected illegally but most of the buldings demolished without compensation are legally ercted within the ocda mesurement.yes the government have the right to posses lands for espension but not buldings that have been erected behind the nepa poles which we know is the official mesurement for structures so if the govt now decides to demolish such,then proper framework for compensation and relocation should be maped out before such actions, tiday peoplw are renderd homeless in there own state even ancestral homes were not spared...to the owere market,we all know that ekeukwu owere is a tradituonal market for the owere people,taking that market means robbing a people of there cultural heritage and we all kmow what markets signify in the african culture..the givt has the right ti relocate the plaza but not the eke market for Gods sake its a peoples heritage,except u are telling me the owere people have done wrong in releasing there lands for the capital,its bad nd should not be encouraged.
thanks man you have said ɩt all, and as for people who don't reside in owerri or imo state but are first †̥♥ talk nonsense when issue concerning imo surface you see them talk trash, ls Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ guys should refrain from do such. OKWU NKE DORO GI ANYA
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by Okeycima: 12:54pm On Jul 15, 2016
[quote author=janefarms2015 post=47533341][/quote] pls bro ☀̤̣̈̇f what use is the expansion? Is owerri the only city in imo state
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by Abagworo(m): 1:07pm On Jul 15, 2016
dumodust:

Eke is a traditional market that trades on eke day, one of the 4 days of the igbo traditionally... how does constructing and relocating them to a mall retain it's traditional essence?
The enugu state government expanded a road near UNTH back them and it was done well without relocating the market... smh

The market will be demolished and reconstructed not permanently relocated. Politicians are trying to use it in winning the masses for their ambition and that should be condemned. Rochas Okorocha has demolished and reconstructed many village markets like this "Afor Umuaka" market. The rural markets look even better and more decent than Owerri market as evidenced by my pictures below from Umuaka which of course is a rural community.

Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by nkemdi89(f): 2:17pm On Jul 15, 2016
Okeycima post=4[i:
[/i]7564317]Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ mind if I ask which cave did you come out from?, ΨђåƮ gave Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ the CtCouldguts †̥♥ insult not a few but the whole IMOLITES?. What is your father's name? What stake do you have in imo state?. Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ see is because ☀̤̣̈̇f fools and zombies like Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ that made us †̥♥ experience this dark age in goverance ☀̤̣̈̇f imo state
Continue to sound and live in bitterness, you did not make sense at all, if you like rant and shout, the demolition is on going, proudly to let you know I am in support of it and please warn your miscreants of relations to stay off, else your households will be invaded with mass burial. If you don't like his policies or my comment be subtle about it as I didn't cause the misfortune in your family.
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by meforyou1(m): 2:38pm On Jul 15, 2016
nkemdi89:

Continue to sound and live in bitterness, you did not make sense at all, if you like rant and shout, the demolition is on going, proudly to let you know I am in support of it and please warn your miscreants of relations to stay off, else your households will be invaded with mass burial. If you don't like his policies or my comment be subtle about it as I didn't cause the misfortune in your family.
what exactly is your problem?
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by Okeycima: 2:40pm On Jul 15, 2016
nkemdi89:

well well well,after all anybody can be whatever they want to be on the Internet. Well let ♍ƺ diplomatic with you for the sake ☀̤̣̈̇f ʏɷųr Internet image. So ɩt seem good †̥♥ Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ †̥♥ insult a whole citizens ☀̤̣̈̇f a state †̥♥ prove ʏɷųr point?.my surprise lies in your iq and how you relate with ʏɷųr people or in -laws if Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ are married. Well I can proudly tell Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ that every imo state citizens is seeing A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ the know what †̥♥ do when the chips are down. A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ if Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ are one ☀̤̣̈̇f those people that tell him how popular he is. Am laughing at ʏɷųr stupidity and Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ act ☀̤̣̈̇f foolishness becos when he must have finish his tenure em go UNDERSTAND. AND Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ MAKING MOUTH ABOUT HIS CONTINUE DEMOLITION ☀̤̣̈̇f BUILDING SHOULD LEARN FROM WHAT HAPPENING WITH HIS CASE WIT AMAWOM PEOPLE !Π FIRST TENURE AND ΨђåƮ HAPPENED !Π MECHANIC VILLAGE †̥♥ KNOW ΨђåƮ WILL HAPPENED. And †̥♥ tell you my last word THAT EKEUKWU OWERRI WILL NEVER MOVE FROM THAT PLACE †̥♥ ANOTHER AND MARK ɩt SOMEWHERE
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by Okeycima: 2:46pm On Jul 15, 2016
meforyou1:
what exactly is your problem?
let her be, as the place is suitable for her iQ and her ability †̥♥ wallow in stupidity is legendary
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by nkemdi89(f): 2:53pm On Jul 15, 2016
Okeycima:
well well well,after all anybody can be whatever they want to be on the Internet. Well let ♍ƺ diplomatic with you for the sake ☀̤̣̈̇f ʏɷųr Internet image. So ɩt seem good †̥♥ Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ †̥♥ insult a whole citizens ☀̤̣̈̇f a state †̥♥ prove ʏɷųr point?.my surprise lies in your iq and how you relate with ʏɷųr people or in -laws if Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ are married. Well I can proudly tell Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ that every imo state citizens is seeing A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ the know what †̥♥ do when the chips are down. A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ if Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ are one ☀̤̣̈̇f those people that tell him how popular he is. Am laughing at ʏɷųr stupidity and Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ act ☀̤̣̈̇f foolishness becos when he must have finish his tenure em go UNDERSTAND. AND Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ MAKING MOUTH ABOUT HIS CONTINUE DEMOLITION ☀̤̣̈̇f BUILDING SHOULD LEARN FROM WHAT HAPPENING WITH HIS CASE WIT AMAWOM PEOPLE !Π FIRST TENURE AND ΨђåƮ HAPPENED !Π MECHANIC VILLAGE †̥♥ KNOW ΨђåƮ WILL HAPPENED. And †̥♥ tell you my last word THAT EKEUKWU OWERRI WILL NEVER MOVE FROM THAT PLACE †̥♥ ANOTHER AND MARK ɩt SOMEWHERE
You can not be diplomatic enough with your choice of words, although I don't and can't ascertain your level of intelligence and exposure, your manner of approach is poor or better still work on your communication skills. It isn't compulsory for everyone to support the government and you are among the minority,the more you condemned him and me the better for us. Dont hit your head on the wall because of rochas. # I stand for rochas#
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by nkemdi89(f): 2:58pm On Jul 15, 2016
Okeycima:
Mechanic village that has been demolished.# association of imo indigenes okene branch# come back home and see for yourself.
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by Okeycima: 3:29pm On Jul 15, 2016
nkemdi89:

Mechanic village that has been demolished.# association of imo indigenes okene branch# come back home and see for yourself.
that's says ɩt all Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ are not at home and equally you have lost touch with reality,i asked a simple question if Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ know what happened there and you give ♍ƺ ΨђåƮ I term half cut answer, I would love †̥♥ engage you on this issue but as ɩt appears †̥♥ ♍ƺ the Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ know little ☀̤̣̈̇f the situation and what I happening in the state
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by Okeycima: 3:37pm On Jul 15, 2016
nkemdi89:

You can not be diplomatic enough with your choice of words, although I don't and can't ascertain your level of intelligence and exposure, your manner of approach is poor or better still work on your communication skills. It isn't compulsory for everyone to support the government and you are among the minority,the more you condemned him and me the better for us. Dont hit your head on the wall because of rochas. # I stand for rochas#
see Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ see I should work on my communication skills. When I see this type of response I try †̥♥ correct myself ☀̤̣̈̇f the mistake I made I addressing ʏɷųr folly and I made am mistake †̥♥ even responding †̥♥ ʏɷųr childish tantrums. Well talking about exposure and communication skills I think you need that advice more than ♍ƺ. I see Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ saying Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ are maority, we'll keep on living ʏɷųr life ☀̤̣̈̇f illusion and mirage
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by nkemdi89(f): 8:07pm On Jul 15, 2016
Okeycima:
that's says ɩt all Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ are not at home and equally you have lost touch with reality,i asked a simple question if Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ know what happened there and you give ♍ƺ ΨђåƮ I term half cut answer, I would love †̥♥ engage you on this issue but as ɩt appears †̥♥ ♍ƺ the Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ know little ☀̤̣̈̇f the situation and what I happening in the state
I am more grounded in your state than you and why I continue to engage in these argument is to enlighten people like you on the good work of the governor, some people has to pay the price for development.
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by Okeycima: 9:14pm On Jul 15, 2016
nkemdi89:

I am more grounded in your state than you and why I continue to engage in these argument is to enlighten people like you on the good work of the governor, some people has to pay the price for development.
since you are well grounded in imo state affairs. Tell ♍ƺ where the Governor or Government plan †̥♥ relocate the mechanics and the market?. And ΨђåƮ is the situation on Ground on that place, as !Π structures and others?
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by nkemdi89(f): 1:08pm On Jul 16, 2016
Okeycima:
since you are well grounded in imo state affairs. Tell ♍ƺ where the Governor or Government plan †̥♥ relocate the mechanics and the market?. And ΨђåƮ is the situation on Ground on that place, as !Π structures and others?
They(mechanic village) were relocated to avu along ph road, but they are complaining that the place is far, while the women to ohii after akwakuma round about, the places are spacious are and almost completed, unlike the former that has become criminal den for all kind of nefarious activities.
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by Okeycima: 1:18pm On Jul 16, 2016
nkemdi89:

They were relocated to avu along ph road, but they are complaining that the place is far.
you haven't answer all my question. The answer you gave W̶̲̥̅̊åS̤̈̊ for the mechanics and ɩt is not complete as you haven't tell ♍ƺ about the arrangements and structures in place for !Π AVU. On the other hand you haven't answer where he will be citing the new market as !Π if he moves EKEUKWU owerri
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by Abagworo(m): 1:42pm On Jul 16, 2016
A look at these pics will explain why most of the demolished structures are illegal. One can clearly see that there were houses built according to plan before the landlords added structures infront until it got to the drainages.

Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by Abagworo(m): 1:48pm On Jul 16, 2016
Okeycima:
you haven't answer all my question. The answer you gave W̶̲̥̅̊åS̤̈̊ for the mechanics and ɩt is not complete as you haven't tell ♍ƺ about the arrangements and structures in place for !Π AVU. On the other hand you haven't answer where he will be citing the new market as !Π if he moves EKEUKWU owerri

Ahia Eke Onuwa Osisi will be moved in order to expand and reconstruct Douglas road after which a new and befitting market will be built. Stop fighting change and development because it is the only thing that is permanent. Other village markets in Imo State have been temporarily moved and rebuilt to structures better than Owerri main market like I posted earlier using Umuaka market in Njaba LGA.
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by Okeycima: 2:38pm On Jul 16, 2016
Abagworo:

Ahia Eke Onuwa Osisi will be moved in order to expand and reconstruct Douglas road after which a new and befitting market will be built. Stop fighting change and development because it is the only thing that is permanent. Other village markets in Imo State have been temporarily moved and rebuilt to structures better than Owerri main market like I posted earlier using Umuaka market in Njaba LGA.
oga mi I have been waiting for you †̥♥ talk. And now you have said something about this issue Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ can elaborate more.pls which market are you talking about? If is Umuaka market then I can see that Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ are not in line with the reality,will the market contain all the traders in EKEUKWU owerri?. Did you know that Umuaka market is filled up or has he built stalls or lock up shops in the market? How many traders will move over and how stalls or lock up shops is there for them. MY FRIEND Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ CAN'T WAKE UP ONE MORNING AND START RELOCATION ☀̤̣̈̇f MARKET especially a traditional market for that matter. And as for Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ development quote I will visit later when ɩt calls for attention,i will save this page we will visit ɩt later when he must have finish developing the place or when He didn't.
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by Catastrophe1: 4:25pm On Jul 17, 2016
nkemdi89:

Don't be judgmental and sentimental in making your point, I believe you are also intelligent enough to avoid insulting someone on public forums, more shops will be destroyed if your relations are ignorant in acquiring properties at the wrong locations.
let the government give out the new shops at no cost to the traders. Once they provide their allocation papers to show they previously own shops at the old market. thats proper.
FYI I dont hv investment there and im not from Imo, just concerned because things are hard for alot of people now.

1 Like

Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by eyeview: 8:31am On Jul 20, 2016
Kenai:

So now you finally agree that Imo residents should be left to judge? Wonderful.
Where was this belief when you were making a fool of yourself all the way from Lagos throughout 2014 and 2015?
When you, the Lagos urchin, were having run-ins with bonafide residents of Imo like Vanacious1, Vanbonattel, Mcmlxxvi and the rest, where was this belief?
When you were shamelessly tagging them "BIGOTS" for HONESTLY voicing out against the man's misrule, where was this belief?
Some even went as far as taking pictures of the rotten roads right next to a current newspaper just to make you realize the error of your ways, but your mind was perpetually locked in the lattice of ignorance and blind hero worship.

BeremX, do you still remember when you labelled me a "Bigot" on this thread below?

- Berem (Dec 27, 2014)

Berem, it would take you 40 YEARS to attain my level of enlightenment, sentience and critical reasoning.

Just see how late you're waking up to the party.

YOU BE REAL MUGU, I SWEAR!
I was so happy to see this post. The girl thought people had forgotten how she sat in the comfort of her home in Lagos(amuwo-alakija axis) and attacked people who were actually reporting true state of affairs in imo state. I was very appaulled.

2 Likes

Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by vanbonattel: 11:05am On Aug 07, 2016
Kenai:

So now you finally agree that Imo residents should be left to judge? Wonderful.
Where was this belief when you were making a fool of yourself all the way from Lagos throughout 2014 and 2015?
When you, the Lagos urchin, were having run-ins with bonafide residents of Imo like Vanacious1, Vanbonattel, Mcmlxxvi and the rest, where was this belief?
When you were shamelessly tagging them "BIGOTS" for HONESTLY voicing out against the man's misrule, where was this belief?
Some even went as far as taking pictures of the rotten roads right next to a current newspaper just to make you realize the error of your ways, but your mind was perpetually locked in the lattice of ignorance and blind hero worship.

BeremX, do you still remember when you labelled me a "Bigot" on this thread below?

- Berem (Dec 27, 2014)

Berem, it would take you 40 YEARS to attain my level of enlightenment, sentience and critical reasoning.

Just see how late you're waking up to the party.

YOU BE REAL MUGU, I SWEAR!

If you believe Beremx is from Imo state, you are on a loooong thing cheesy
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by ReubenFuture: 10:13pm On Aug 26, 2017
Am it turned a black Saturday for the families that lost their loved ones in the hands of the barbaric happy trigger security operatives who terminated the lives of innocent citizens with brighter futures all in the name of Demolishing the market.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

INEC To Present Certificates Of Return To President Buhari And VP Yemi Osinbajo / Uzodinma: Okorocha Is A Younger Brother To Me, I Have Nothing Against Him / ADC Expels Dumebi Kachikwu, Presidential Candidate, Over ‘anti-party Activities’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.