Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,047 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:41 AM

Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha (18081 Views)

South African Investors Arrive Owerri After Jacob Zuma Was Honored By Okorocha / Demolition Of Ekeukwu Market: Okorocha Turning Himself To A Tyrant- Imo Leaders / Rochas Okorocha Storms Demolished Ekeukwu Market With Security Operatives.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by Abagworo(m): 2:17pm On Jul 14, 2016
Time wasters sponsored by opposition. The truth is that the entire old Owerri township is under total reconstruction and no sane mind will oppose it. By December this year old Owerri will be as good as New Owerri for good. There is some unnecessary opposition by those scared of Mr Okorocha taking the glory for posterity sake.

2 Likes

Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by Abagworo(m): 2:25pm On Jul 14, 2016
OdenigboAroli:

All these for my own Beremx, nwada di loaded?
Ngwa,why is Rochas trying to relocate this market?

Douglas Road and the market is complete eyesore. The market is not being permanently relocated but will be demolished and rebuilt while Douglas road is equally expanded to a befitting highway. I heard the new market will be a mall instead of the normal dirty open market. Those opposing this move are doing so to prevent Okorocha from transforming Owerri in particular and Imo State in general. Two of Okorocha's hotels on 2 of the several major roads under construction have had some parts demolished as we write.

2 Likes

Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by opribo(m): 2:31pm On Jul 14, 2016
Dont they want CHANGE in Imo state
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by alaskido(m): 2:43pm On Jul 14, 2016
Okoro Hausa is at it again. Why not relocate the market to Sambisa Forest?
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by glossy6(f): 3:00pm On Jul 14, 2016
izzy14:
Honestly this is my first time of being here and I don't know what to say.I'm I in the wrong place at a wrong time?

My dear, you read my mind. The words here are too hostile and the monikers strange and not the ones I am used to.

We can our massages without hurling those insults at posters or is anyone on politicians' payroll?
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by glossy6(f): 3:00pm On Jul 14, 2016
izzy14:
Honestly this is my first time of being here and I don't know what to say.I'm I in the wrong place at a wrong time?

My dear, you read my mind. The words here are too hostile and the monikers strange and not the ones I am used to.

We can our massages without hurling those insults at posters or is anyone here on politicians' payroll?

1 Like

Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by fippycbk(m): 3:29pm On Jul 14, 2016
nkemdi89:

Dont say that again, is it that imolites in general are allergic to development? They have been relocated let them go and give room for proper planning of the city, owelle has started and no going back.

Proper Planning of which city? He should take his development to New Owerri. Owerri is a twin city for crying out loud. Fingerhuth and Partners that planned Owerri didn't see the market abi?
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by millionaireman: 3:44pm On Jul 14, 2016
LMAORTF,

Owerri shall make Orlu's shun of the shoil dance naked in Owerri.

Three years running, the more people remind Gov. Okorocha that Imo state is not only Owerri, the more Okorocha bulldozed and built in Owerri and abandoning Imo state outside Owerri to decay.

Google Imo state and government activities in the last three years, it's only Owerri that can surface. Orlu and Okigwe can surface as Orlu Road Owerri and Okigwe Road Owerri.

The road works which Okorocha contractors abandoned in Orlu and Okigwe fourth year running have made life hazardous for citizens who have refused yet to emigrate from Orlu and Okigwe to Owerri since Okorocha became governor.

Is it not Owerri people own the city of Owerri, governments come and go and only provide development infrastructure?
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by millionaireman: 4:06pm On Jul 14, 2016
Abagworo:
Time wasters sponsored by opposition. The truth is that the entire old Owerri township is under total reconstruction and no sane mind will oppose it. By December this year old Owerri will be as good as New Owerri for good. There is some unnecessary opposition by those scared of Mr Okorocha taking the glory for posterity sake.

Imo state has developed two cities in Owerri. Okorocha knows that. No normal governor can refuse to feel the pulse of the state that Imo people need to have other cities outside Owerri.

Now see what's happening to a whole governor of a state. Okorocha is bearing old grudges against sections of his state, and for that he no longer remembers that the state extends beyond the state capital.

To spite his assumed foes in Orlu, Okorocha punishes even children in Orlu with abandoned road works five years going, and now looking for what to build in his capital city, Owerri. Owerri women tell Okorocha indirectly: Imo goes beyond Owerri.

But people like you mislead the apolitical Okorocha to march himself to political oblivion after 2019, because you need an Imo state with Owerri as only habitable town.
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by obayaya(m): 4:11pm On Jul 14, 2016
Okijajuju1:
game Time...

Spot Berem

[img]http://2.bp..com/-jV8SuWSfTqA/V4dZdwPg0YI/AAAAAAACDr0/gHg_WB02TQYqcaSkrsc7TGcYmO8BEuw4gCLcB/s1600/BARAO1.jpg[/img]

the fair woman running almost separated from the rest..

That must be berem grin
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by nkemdi89(f): 4:14pm On Jul 14, 2016
Catastrophe1:
if you family owns a shop at the market I dont think u will spewing this rubbish.

Don't be judgmental and sentimental in making your point, I believe you are also intelligent enough to avoid insulting someone on public forums, more shops will be destroyed if your relations are ignorant in acquiring properties at the wrong locations.

1 Like

Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by nkemdi89(f): 4:16pm On Jul 14, 2016
fippycbk:

Proper Planning of which city? He should take his development to New Owerri. Owerri is a twin city for crying out loud. Fingerhuth and Partners that planned Owerri didn't see the market abi?
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by nkemdi89(f): 4:19pm On Jul 14, 2016
fippycbk:

Development is going on there but omc is the heart of the capital and links to other state.

1 Like

Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by millionaireman: 4:22pm On Jul 14, 2016
Ignorance or product of grudge is a disease. Government expands a city; government does not knock down old city areas to expand or beautify a city.
Knocking down old city areas is like obliterating the story of the city.
But who will advice Okorocha? The Abagworos? No.

1 Like

Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by fippycbk(m): 4:27pm On Jul 14, 2016
nkemdi89:

Development is going on there but omc is the heart of the capital and links to other state.

Nah! He didn't even make consultations. Things aren't done that way. When Fingerhuth and Partners did the master plan for Owerri, under Sam Mbakwe, they discovered that old owerri was already congested and breaking down buildings and starting afresh will cost more money. What did they do? They planned the other side of the River (New Owerri) so that on the long run, Old Owerri will be decongested. What they did to the Old Owerri plan was just an infill. Owelle should go back to that master plan and do whatever market he has to do according to the master plan. Everything in old Owerri is exactly as it is on paper.
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by nkemdi89(f): 4:40pm On Jul 14, 2016
fippycbk:

Nah! He didn't even make consultations. Things aren't done that way. When Fingerhuth and Partners did the master plan for Owerri, under Sam Mbakwe, they discovered that old owerri was already congested and breaking down buildings and starting afresh will cost more money. What did they do? They planned the other side of the River (New Owerri) so that on the long run, Old Owerri will be decongested. What they did to the Old Owerri plan was just an infill. Owelle should go back to that master plan and do whatever market he has to do according to the master plan. Everything in old Owerri is exactly as it is on paper.
They should go to the new site and decongest the capital for us, their sentiment is that the place is their only traditional market.
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by fippycbk(m): 4:47pm On Jul 14, 2016
nkemdi89:

They should go to the new site and decongest the capital for us, their sentiment is that the place is their only traditional market.

Whether their grouse is with the fact that their traditional market is about to be moved or not isn't my business. He should go look at the master plan and stop all these his bobo juice. If we get more than 1 market, na bad thing?
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by Abagworo(m): 5:05pm On Jul 14, 2016
fippycbk:

I hated Douglas so much and I still hate it till now. We all hate and avoid it like HIV but when the shanty market is demolished, Douglas expanded and a new Owerri modern market built then we shall all appreciate Okorocha's dreams. Okorocha is extremely intelligent and thinks beyond your level.

Also stop writing out of ignorance. Sam Mbakwe never planned Owerri, it was Ndubuisi Kanu.

3 Likes

Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by Abagworo(m): 5:08pm On Jul 14, 2016
fippycbk:

Whether their grouse is with the fact that their traditional market is about to be moved or not isn't my business. He should go look at the master plan and stop all these his bobo juice. If we get more than 1 market, na bad thing?

Most of them are ill informed. The market is being temporarily relocated to allow Government work on Douglas road and rebuild the market. Many of them have been the ones posting photos at the decayed market and polluted Douglas Road to spite Okorocha but are still the ones trying to prevent him from recinstructing them.

1 Like

Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by fippycbk(m): 5:23pm On Jul 14, 2016
Abagworo:

I hated Douglas so much and I still hate it till now. We all hate and avoid it like HIV but when the shanty market is demolished, Douglas expanded and a new Owerri modern market built then we shall all appreciate Okorocha's dreams. Okorocha is extremely intelligent and thinks beyond your level.

Also stop writing out of ignorance. Sam Mbakwe never planned Owerri, it was Ndubuisi Kanu.

Ndubuisi Kanu, agreed. The fact still remains that he doesn't do anything according to original plans. Why work on old Owerri when the people who planned the city left it as is? Is there any plan set out to compensate those who will be affected?
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by DesChyko: 5:27pm On Jul 14, 2016
Kenai:

So now you finally agree that Imo residents should be left to judge? Wonderful.
Where was this belief when you were making a fool of yourself all the way from Lagos throughout 2014 and 2015?
When you, the Lagos urchin, were having run-ins with bonafide residents of Imo like Vanacious1, Vanbonattel, Mcmlxxvi and the rest, where was this belief?
When you were shamelessly tagging them "BIGOTS" for HONESTLY voicing out against the man's misrule, where was this belief?
Some even went as far as taking pictures of the rotten roads right next to a current newspaper just to make you realize the error of your ways, but your mind was perpetually locked in the lattice of ignorance and blind hero worship.

BeremX, do you still remember when you labelled me a "Bigot" on this thread below?

- Berem (Dec 27, 2014)

Berem, it would take you 40 YEARS to attain my level of enlightenment, sentience and critical reasoning.

Just see how late you're waking up to the party.

YOU BE REAL MUGU, I SWEAR!

*wipes away my tears* sad *sniffs*
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by fippycbk(m): 5:27pm On Jul 14, 2016
Abagworo:

Most of them are ill informed. The market is being temporarily relocated to allow Government work on Douglas road and rebuild the market. Many of them have been the ones posting photos at the decayed market and polluted Douglas Road to spite Okorocha but are still the ones trying to prevent him from recinstructing them.

The Topic didn't say it was being relocated temporarily. The guy just de relocate things anyhow. Na so he wan move IMSU go Orlu. Abeg!
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by millionaireman: 5:44pm On Jul 14, 2016
fippycbk:

The Topic didn't say it was being relocated temporarily. The guy just de relocate things anyhow. Na so he wan move IMSU go Orlu. Abeg!
There was no time Okorocha as governor wanted to move IMSU from Owerri to any other place.

The rumour about relocating IMSU then was set up to enable the man acquire land for his private university now in Ogboko, Ideato South, near Orlu.
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by fippycbk(m): 5:49pm On Jul 14, 2016
millionaireman:

There was no time Okorocha as governor wanted to move IMSU from Owerri to any other place.

The rumour about relocating IMSU then was set up to enable the man acquire land for his private university now in Ogboko, Ideato South, near Orlu.

Oooh! Does he want to acquire land for his own market too? shocked grin
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by MasterofdRolls1(m): 6:25pm On Jul 14, 2016
Beremx:
My darling friend, i don't know as i have lost touch with happenings in my state.
You can ask Abagworo.

I am currently at Owerri,though I am not from there, i stay at world bank and drive around town everyday, I can only describe the Governor in three words... He is a "useless" wicked, bastard! Come to Owerri and weep, if you will see road to your destination..
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by Innocenty1love(m): 6:26pm On Jul 14, 2016
SeverusSnape:
So far, Okorocha has been a failure, Just like Buhari his leader. I hope Beremx is among the protesters.

shut the fuckup, have you visited owerri before?
Those shameless women are just wasting their time.That market must be removed
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by Biafrarep(m): 6:26pm On Jul 14, 2016
Beremx:
Oh well, if he has failed, let Imo people judge his performance especially those who are based in the state.
I know you are in Nigeria, so you can board the next available flight or bus to Owerri so you can get first hand information of what is on ground. You might accuse me of bias if I tell you the true picture. Right now, in the midst of no money to pay civil servants a backlog of salaries, the governor in his wisdom decided to go on a demolition & relocation spree. Orji mechanic vill is about to be bulldozed to the ground, next is Eke Onuwa & Nekede mechanic village, as if that is not enough, beautiful trees, flowers, houses and fences are being brought down! What is happening now is nothing short of madness in the midst of hunger & frustration. Nigerians have a thick skin for suffering, otherwise, there would have been a massive revolution that will make the Arab spring look like a picnic! I AM SPEECHLESS!!!
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by millionaireman: 6:27pm On Jul 14, 2016
fippycbk:

Oooh! Does he want to acquire land for his own market too? shocked grin

If he wanted to acquire the land for his own business, the protesting women in Owerri may have sensed that.
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by Innocenty1love(m): 6:28pm On Jul 14, 2016
Abagworo:

Nigerians hate change, that market is too old and dirty to be in a state capital
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by dumodust(m): 6:30pm On Jul 14, 2016
Abagworo:

Douglas Road and the market is complete eyesore. The market is not being permanently relocated but will be demolished and rebuilt while Douglas road is equally expanded to a befitting highway. I heard the new market will be a mall instead of the normal dirty open market. Those opposing this move are doing so to prevent Okorocha from transforming Owerri in particular and Imo State in general. Two of Okorocha's hotels on 2 of the several major roads under construction have had some parts demolished as we write.
Have you ever considered that this is an ancestral market? The expansion should be done to accommodate them. .. the location probably has historical significance for owerri people. .. eke ukwu... means 'big Eke market'
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by Biafrarep(m): 6:30pm On Jul 14, 2016
Abagworo:
Where is the money for the project going to come please??
Re: Owerri Women Protest Relocation Of Ekeukwu-Owerri Market By Okorocha by millionaireman: 7:00pm On Jul 14, 2016
Biafrarep:
Where is the money for the project going to come please??

..... to be built with money from the Federal allocations and Imo state IGR that are meant to provide development infrastructure like running water and roads in the 27 Local Areas of Imo State.

Waking up and start to build whatever that comes to his mind in the state capital has been the governor's business in the last four years he became obsessed with building an Eldorado City in the state capital.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osinbajo, Amaechi Yet To Officially Congratulate Tinubu After 24 Hours / Without Subsidy Petrol Will Cost ₦462/litre, Says NNPCL / What APC May Face In 2023 Elections — INUWA, Former Katsina SSG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.