Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,214 members, 7,815,242 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center (52099 Views)

Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese / Is This Modern Day Slavery Or Forced Labour? / Poor Service Delivery At Gtb Alagbaka Akure (cbn) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by idee91: 9:10pm On Jul 14, 2016
Bank work and slavery .... but man must chaw na...

2 Likes

Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by orjikuramo(m): 9:10pm On Jul 14, 2016
i sincerely appreciate the fact you took it upon yourself to bell the cats by coming public... all will be well soon. i wish i could share tis story on twitter n facebook so it could begin to go viral but i dont know what the share button here does.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by salvation77177: 9:10pm On Jul 14, 2016
No condition is permanent. When it's God's time, things will work better. That's my believe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by zeusdgrt(m): 9:11pm On Jul 14, 2016
Foolish people
Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by segcymoor(m): 9:11pm On Jul 14, 2016
Hmnn
Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by okoro2much: 9:11pm On Jul 14, 2016
stubbornman:
pls wats the salary scale for customer care consultants .....am about to take up an appointment with of this fast growing banks in Nig.
pls I need an answer
thanks

It depend on the state you live. Mostly 30k to 40k. To some people that is good money. My advice is, do not make mistake while at work.
They may pay more or less, depending on the cost of living in that area.
Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by XaintJoel20: 9:11pm On Jul 14, 2016
Puresolutions:

You wont last too long in this movie.Here's my advice get a loan from your bank.Start a biz and start repayment in bits while still working.

When the business stabilises quit.

Nothing like working yourself.

I picked a paper and checked how much i made from working from mymself yesterday damn i smiled.I was proud of myself
Please how can I get a bank loan? I have been thinking of starting a small scale business, but I have not brought it to reality due to paucity of funds...
Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by segcymoor(m): 9:12pm On Jul 14, 2016
Hmnn.......
Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by Pilate2016(m): 9:12pm On Jul 14, 2016
What Nigerians pass through in the hand of this employees is pathetic. Sometimes I fill that CAPITALISM is synonymous with SLAVERH only that one is bound with economic chains rather than metallic chains.

1 Like

Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by orjikuramo(m): 9:13pm On Jul 14, 2016
was ganna get pissed at your response and then i saw your name....... waved off
soberdrunk:
I don't mean no disrespect but DEM TIE UR SOUL TO THAT JOB? Even Chinese slave workers dey escape even with d risk of getting killed......... Unnle and aunty office work is not by force ooo!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jul 14, 2016
GTBank is the most useless, most overrated & the 2nd most fraudulent bank in Nigeria after UBA.

Listen to me Segun Agbaje, I do not know if you're in anyway related to Jimi Agbaje but thunder of Shango in collaboration with the javelin of Ogun Lakaaye Oshimale will fire you if you do not fire that witch called Ajibike Ijioma within the next 24hours - Awon omo ale jati-jati!

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by tdemo(m): 9:13pm On Jul 14, 2016
so watyn consign me
Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by pathardy(m): 9:15pm On Jul 14, 2016
Inhumane behavior every where.
Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by jonightinguy: 9:15pm On Jul 14, 2016
Gt bank are always fool of themselves and akso enslave their staffs. Imagine Kaduna as a whole having only two branch in the main town. If you visit any branch, you will nearly die of suffocation or get angry to to queu harrasment. You see indians, they are sacred cows like that of fulani and cannot be touched by buhari like the way goodluck dealt with that forieger that kicked his pregnant staff
obajoey:
There is this woman as well, she is the TSG regional coordinator.
Its so sad that we are just loyal to the wrong set of people. I remember when she wanted to introduce weekend and public holiday atm duty to T.O's, they had to stop all T.O's group email discussion then so that people will not have one voice.
I thank God for bringing me out anyway sha.

Let them know this: loyalty without reward is slavery, so learn to reward your loyalist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by Compliant(m): 9:15pm On Jul 14, 2016
GTB TAKE NOTE
Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by Biospnx(m): 9:16pm On Jul 14, 2016
kekakuz:
why. why can't our youths see the light.
OK let me share with you how to make over 100k monthly as your own boss
this is no advert but part of my social responsibility.

I would advice you job seeking graduates to register and become agent of a reputable mobile money company.
then look for areas with high banking needs and active businesses.
don't worry about capital,
don't worry about security. leave all that to the company.
a young lady begged me once to help secure a Job. I registered her as a fortis mobile money agent and today,she earns an average of 60k monthly.
don't despise days of little beginning or sell your youth for peanut salary.
like I said this ain't no advert . God bless your hussle
scam?

3 Likes

Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by passyhansome(m): 9:16pm On Jul 14, 2016
Your Life is not tied to a particular job, if its not adding value to you. You can always work out.

2 Likes

Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by Puresolutions: 9:17pm On Jul 14, 2016
XaintJoel20:

Please how can I get a bank loan? I have been thinking of starting a small scale business, but I have not brought it to reality due to paucity of funds...

Lol the bank staffers have unions even within their workforce it was meant for the op not a general info
Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by stubbornman(m): 9:17pm On Jul 14, 2016
okoro2much:

It depend on the state you live. Mostly 30k to 40k. To some people that is good money. My advice is, do not make mistake while at work.
They may pay more or less, depending on the cost of living in that area.
thanks man....I no do again....I'll stick to my present job

2 Likes

Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by coldFLARES1(m): 9:18pm On Jul 14, 2016
Op, I commiserate with you on your plight bit I would have to be clear on something: do you have 240 staff working at the contact centre? on a single shift?

How many staff does GT bank have at its HQ?

You see, until you can develop the guts to swim or sink on your own, through self employment, learn not to ask private employers to treat you on your own terms.

4 Likes

Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by Spells(m): 9:18pm On Jul 14, 2016
Without the masses money the bank is nothing. The masses are the bank
Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 14, 2016
Gtb is over hyped, a friend of mine once requested for ATM and it was not applied for till he came back to the bank after two weeks. when the ATM card was later applied for, it was sent to another branch..... tooo much stress

1 Like

Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by muaa(f): 9:20pm On Jul 14, 2016
Had to resign from that contract shit two years ago. Loving my freedom

3 Likes

Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by soberdrunk(m): 9:20pm On Jul 14, 2016
orjikuramo:
was ganna get pissed at your response and then i saw your name....... waved off
Its not me u should be waving off; its d chains gtb has tied u with u should be waving off.......

1 Like

Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by Ezionye(f): 9:20pm On Jul 14, 2016
Puresolutions:

You wont last too long in this movie.Here's my advice get a loan from your bank.Start a biz and start repayment in bits while still working.

When the business stabilises quit.

Nothing like working yourself.

I picked a paper and checked how much i made from working from mymself yesterday damn i smiled.I was proud of myself

Loan from which bank? Ur nt aware to obtain loan these days is something else.

Collateral nko?

Abeg another advice

1 Like

Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by Onegai(f): 9:21pm On Jul 14, 2016
Original comment now modified by me. Hopefully the OP saw it and got ideas on how to proceed. Good luck
Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by GudluckIBB(m): 9:21pm On Jul 14, 2016
oyb:
fola adeola must be turning in his grave at what his successors are turning GTB into

very sad.

as expected the chopped shoe 'entrepreneurs are on the thread to sell their fake gospel of 'self employment'

Fola Adeola Never die O!

3 Likes

Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by cruz419(m): 9:21pm On Jul 14, 2016
skimarvel:
we caused it
I just spoke my mind if only dere were option dese employers would respect us a bit,, but it unfortunate Dat some of us have to endure cos we need d job!!!
Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by kayusre: 9:22pm On Jul 14, 2016
the manner of approach is key...even if the working conditions aint favourable,they deserve to be talked to with respect..not being rude to them..and i have noticed it with we yoruba pips who are given top positions in organizations especially the ladies...they are very rude and arrogant...life is too short

7 Likes

Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by kayusre: 9:22pm On Jul 14, 2016
the manner of approach is key...even if the working conditions aint favourable,they deserve to be talked to with respect..not being rude to them..and i have noticed it with we yoruba pips who are given top position in organizations especially the ladies...they are very rude and arrogant...life is too short

2 Likes

Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by dejii01(m): 9:23pm On Jul 14, 2016
That their 737 service isn't as effective as before.

Very frustrating at times. GT bank sha
Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by cardoctor(m): 9:23pm On Jul 14, 2016
In this day and age?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be / Wendy Okolo, The First Black Woman To Earn A Doctorate In Aerospace Engineering / A White Lady Captured Falling Asleep While Taking Customers’ Orders(pics,vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.