Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,673 members, 7,816,760 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center (52107 Views)

Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese / Is This Modern Day Slavery Or Forced Labour? / Poor Service Delivery At Gtb Alagbaka Akure (cbn) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by Puresolutions: 9:25pm On Jul 14, 2016
Ezionye:

Loan from which bank? Ur nt aware to obtain loan these days is something else.

Collateral nko?

Abeg another advice

within the bank they the workers do contributions that's in form of loan and they also have access to loans ask the op...

i'm 100% sure i have proof
Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by Ezionye(f): 9:26pm On Jul 14, 2016
And ave been complaining bitterly bout my job

Am in paradise compared to this

God save us

1 Like

Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jul 14, 2016
I have given up on this zoo called a country a long time ago. if our blind labour leaders can't do anything to salvage this situation, then it's high time we take laws into our own hands. we are humans and not donkeys.
It shatters my heart when I have to read all these contract staff stories over and over again and absolutely nothing us being done about it.
Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by SirAweezy(m): 9:33pm On Jul 14, 2016
kekakuz:
why. why can't our youths see the light.
OK let me share with you how to make over 100k monthly as your own boss
this is no advert but part of my social responsibility.

I would advice you job seeking graduates to register and become agent of a reputable mobile money company.
then look for areas with high banking needs and active businesses.
don't worry about capital,
don't worry about security. leave all that to the company.
a young lady begged me once to help secure a Job. I registered her as a fortis mobile money agent and today,she earns an average of 60k monthly.
don't despise days of little beginning or sell your youth for peanut salary.
like I said this ain't no advert . God bless your hussle

What is this one saying... hope you have eaten today?

1 Like

Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by histemple: 9:33pm On Jul 14, 2016
oyb:
fola adeola must be turning in his grave at what his successors are turning GTB into

very sad.

as expected the chopped shoe 'entrepreneurs are on the thread to sell their fake gospel of 'self employment'

Oga, When did Fola die and what killed him? Please we need to be careful with certain lies online.

The last time I checked it was Tayo Aderinokun that died.

3 Likes

Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 14, 2016
You may never win any fair deal with management. But you can send EVERYONE packing. I have done it and succeed before. Work with your customers to highlight one area of conflict where management is directly involved. Make sure management is culpable in at least one issue. Then use the customers to blow the issue out of proportion...

4 Likes

Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by cruz419(m): 9:36pm On Jul 14, 2016
I could just imagine wat it lyk being In ur shoes only reading it is tearing me apart lyk I dream to work in Dat bank but story lyk dis come up every day but million lyk me are out here looking for Dat job even with all d insult Dat come with it,, it not dere fault it a pity Dat we d youth are suffering for d sins we did not commit, my bro I feel ur pain GOD will see u true and grant u beta job and Bata dayz ahead,,, even as I too hope for a job!!!!
Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by fishy22: 9:37pm On Jul 14, 2016
Contract job is slavery esp in banks. God delivered my brother from Diamond bank contract job. They are all the same.

1 Like

Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by Yinkay: 9:38pm On Jul 14, 2016
oyb:
fola adeola must be turning in his grave at what his successors are turning GTB into

very sad.

as expected the chopped shoe 'entrepreneurs are on the thread to sell their fake gospel of 'self employment'

Was he not the one started contract staffing in the industry...?
Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by popcykaylah(m): 9:38pm On Jul 14, 2016
Alot of ot he jobs out there ...but alot of people choose to work in a bank...all because of efizi..them no force you put for there ooo..if you tire you go find your square root
Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by careercrew1: 9:39pm On Jul 14, 2016
This is why I always advice people to evaluate their career.. Visit my career blog regularly and know how to evaluate your career and stop being a corporate slave.

Visit www.careercrew..com.ng/2016/06/how-to-evaluate-your-career.html?m=0

You can also check NL profile for my twitter handle and follow me if you wish. .i follow back too.
Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by XaintJoel20: 9:39pm On Jul 14, 2016
Puresolutions:

Lol the bank staffers have unions even within their workforce it was meant for the op not a general info
Hilarious...
Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by farolee(m): 9:44pm On Jul 14, 2016
I understand your plight, but I will appreciate if you see what seems to be an adversity as an opportunity to be on you own.no be you write ? Wetin you dey look for GTB again,look inwardly and solution will come.pls don't tell me that money is the problem.

1 Like

Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by cruz419(m): 9:44pm On Jul 14, 2016
I could just imagine wat it lyk being In ur shoes only reading it is tearing me apart lyk I dream to work in Dat bank but story lyk dis come up every day but million lyk me are out here looking for Dat job even with all d insult Dat come with it,, it not dere fault it a pity Dat we d youth are suffering for d sins we did not commit, my bro I feel ur pain GOD will see u true and grant u beta job and Bata dayz ahead,,, even as I too hope for a good job!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by Samhetalks(m): 9:45pm On Jul 14, 2016
Boss, cld you kindly give me more info about it. I am interested.
Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by ojibole1(m): 9:48pm On Jul 14, 2016
Puresolutions:

You wont last too long in this movie.Here's my advice get a loan from your bank.Start a biz and start repayment in bits while still working.

When the business stabilises quit.

Nothing like working yourself.

I picked a paper and checked how much i made from working from mymself yesterday damn i smiled.I was proud of myself

This has to be the best advice oh..working for urself is the best tho at first it may be rough but as long as u know what u r doing and are steadfast no shaking all this fighting for bus seat,waking up at 4am getting home 11pm u r jst shortening ur life span...work 4 urself if u put the tym u r putting in dis useless contact centre job in ur own biz u will c better growth n increase don't b scared make d bold move. . I have been able to quit my job here in lagos nt because of anytin bt d fact dt I didn't feel fulfilled n I have opened my biz n so far I can't complain...

These days I sit bck home n work n smile looking at my neighbours hurrying to work at 4am n coming bck by 9/10.....I'm thankful I made a decision after much prayer n consultation from my family n friends.

1 Like

Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by okells: 9:50pm On Jul 14, 2016
OP I think you should send a copy of this letter or write an official letter and send it central bank of Nigeria and also to the CEO of GTbank. Paste this on Twitter, Facebook and instagram let social network websites spread this for you. Imagine Indians coming to our country and treating Nigerians like shit just imagine the rubbish

4 Likes

Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by Carmal90(m): 9:53pm On Jul 14, 2016
kekakuz:

I would advice you job seeking graduates to register and become agent of a reputable mobile money company.

a young lady begged me once to help secure a Job. I registered her as a fortis mobile money agent and today,she earns an average of 60k monthly.

Pls shed more light pls
Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by UuzbaGuuzba: 9:53pm On Jul 14, 2016
noetic5:
Oh God! I still wonder why ppl run away from multi level marketing, n take damn job, working as slaves. With multi level marketing, u live ur life to the fullest, travel wen ever and still a millionaire. Alliance In Motion has set up this wonderful system for ppl to get rich within 6 months and turn to millionaires within a year. Ppl still run away from becoming rich because they are don't want to decide to own their lives n are ok in der comfort zone.

One thing u have to know, the rich will continue getting richer!!!!

Alliance In Motion, making millionaires since 2014!!!

I know You.

You are stuck at the bottom rung of your multilevel market. The only way to escape from the bottom rung is to trap as many new intakes as possible. Brianwash them to hate themselves and curse themselves but bless you as their god and saviour.

You spend sleepless nights wandering where and whence you will get new recruits. You burn all your energy on long seminars and long speeches where ONLY YOU speak and the others must listen but not speak there by making yourself lord and master over other people.

I know you.

You are very happy to pick up stories like this and use in your marketing seminar. To tell the new recruits to use this person as an example. You will happily make business out of the plight of others.

I know you.

You have no product you are selling nor are you offering any service. But DESPERATELY NEED the money of people selling products and offering services for your own marketing scheme to work. Without them you are nothing. It is their money they feeds your greed. Yet, you are very confident and proud to tell these same people that they are so stupid and are all idiots to be providing goods and services.

I know you. You sound just like the Devil a fallen Angel. You have knowledge of good and evil, but ultimately your plight is to trap as many as possible under your multilevel market bondage.

Once they are trapped, you will leave them to suffer sleepless nights and brain cracking. You will use your top level target as bait for them. Even if they sold their village to the money for your paper form, you will not mind. It was people like you that sold their fellow black people as slaves to whitemen. Black people who are completely confused and have lost all their history in America. They can't stay, they can't comeback. They will never be seen equal to white men no matter what policies are made.

I know you.

And your have come to feed on this poor soul.

Away with your evil . God will provide for this man/woman without your misguidance.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by LuckyLadolce(m): 9:54pm On Jul 14, 2016
kekakuz:

pls can you pm me?
Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by Odunharry(m): 9:57pm On Jul 14, 2016
Touching
Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by policy12: 9:58pm On Jul 14, 2016
Gt is worse but operated in all aspect.. the real reason I can't bank with them: UBA may be accent bank but they don't joke with their staff.
Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by SamjohnnyB(m): 9:59pm On Jul 14, 2016
kekakuz:

Pls can you tell me more about this mobile money. whatsapp 08062753190
Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 14, 2016
okells:
OP I think you should send a copy of this letter or write an official letter and send it central bank of Nigeria and also to the CEO of GTbank. Paste this on Twitter, Facebook and instagram let social network websites spread this for you. Imagine Indians coming to our country and treating Nigerians like shit just imagine the rubbish

Apparently there is no need for all these.

The article is on Nairaland home page.

I can bet GTBank Top management staffs will read this.

The big question is will they take prompt action?

1 Like

Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by Boyooosa(m): 10:03pm On Jul 14, 2016
No wonder these guys are not too technical in discharging their duties (most esp. those of GSM operators), no motivation nor excellent coordination. But, gtconnect calls are not toll free nah, amaka why. Nawa for this our so called dis-nation o!
Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by Raydos: 10:05pm On Jul 14, 2016
i thought gtbank is the best bank until one day, when they showed me shege! ...... i want to recharge my phone acct balance with 2000naira, so i dial the normal *737# but it wasn't going through, and i re-dial it the second, and third time - but the problem persist, so i quited it - after 5minutes i received a message from gtbank that my account has been recharged with 6000 - i shouted mo gbe ooooooh, i only requested for 2000,,, if you see how i dey cry that day

2 Likes

Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by nasonaso: 10:05pm On Jul 14, 2016
UuzbaGuuzba:

I know You.

You are stuck at the bottom rung of your multilevel market. The only way to escape from the bottom rung is to trap as many new intakes as possible. Brianwash them to hate themselves and curse themselves but bless you as their god and saviour.

You spend sleepless nights wandering where and whence you will get new recruits. You burn all your energy on long seminars and long speeches where ONLY YOU speak and the others must listen but not speak there by making yourself lord and master over other people.

I know you.

You are very happy to pick up stories like this and use in your marketing seminar. To tell the new recruits to use this person as an example. You will happily make business out of the plight of others.

I know you.

You have no product you are selling nor are you offering any service. But DESPERATELY NEED the money of people selling products and offering services for your own marketing scheme to work. Without them you are nothing. It is their money they feeds your greed. Yet, you are very confident and proud to tell these same people that they are so stupid and are all idiots to be providing goods and services.

I know you. You sound just like the Devil a fallen Angel. You have knowledge of good and evil, but ultimately your plight is to trap as many as possible under your multilevel market bondage.

Once they are trapped, you will leave them to suffer sleepless nights and brain cracking. You will use your top level target as bait for them. Even if they sold their village to the money for your paper form, you will not mind. It was people like you that sold their fellow black people as slaves to whitemen. Black people who are completely confused and have lost all their history in America. They can't stay, they can't comeback. They will never be seen equal to white men no matter what policies are made.

I know you.

Away with your evil . God will provide for this man/woman without your misguidance.

Wow!! Your write up is damn too good. I love your choice of words and the manner you passed down your message thumbs up man

3 Likes

Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by ajunwaugochukwu: 10:09pm On Jul 14, 2016
kekakuz:

.how do I go about this bro?
Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by ayosco2008(m): 10:09pm On Jul 14, 2016
And when you tell people to come make a fortune for themselves in network marketing they see it has trash. but they can actually create a big network of people for all this so called banks in harsh conditions.. We need to start thinking right in this country.. Network marketing is a profession on its own that requires certain skills which if u get you r destined for success. imagine putting all this hard work the op described into network marketing, Mhen!!!! u made!!!! lets stop being ignorant and start learning!!! my 2 cents!!!
Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by omoboy08(m): 10:18pm On Jul 14, 2016
Puresolutions:

You wont last too long in this movie.Here's my advice [b][/b]get a loan from your bank.Start a biz and start repayment in bits while still working.

I picked a paper and checked how much i made from working from mymself yesterday damn i smiled.I was proud of myself

NO GTB contact staff is entitled to that

1 Like

Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by ayosco2008(m): 10:19pm On Jul 14, 2016
UuzbaGuuzba:

I know You.

I know you.

I know you.

I know you.

stop being ignorant!!! Network Marketing is more than just the company.. Network marketing is a profession on its own. stop misleading people.. why not go online and learn some few things about network marketing instead of using a company to judge.. its just like using a bad engineer to judge the whole engineer in the world.. too bad!!!!
Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by omoboy08(m): 10:19pm On Jul 14, 2016
Puresolutions:

You wont last too long in this movie.Here's my advice [b][/b]get a loan from your bank.Start a biz and start repayment in bits while still working.

NO GTB contract staff is entitled to that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be / Wendy Okolo, The First Black Woman To Earn A Doctorate In Aerospace Engineering / A White Lady Captured Falling Asleep While Taking Customers’ Orders(pics,vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.