Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,093 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely (46963 Views)

7 Great Ways To Spend ASUU Strike Or Any Holiday Period / List Of Universities Currently Selling Their Pre-degree Forms / Niger Delta University Closed Indefinitely Over Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by femiphillips007(m): 7:27am On Jul 15, 2016
korel9:
This is what you get when the one at the helm of affairs doesn't have a certificate. undecided

Since he doesn't have a certificate who else would? grin
And when your daddy that had certificate was there, schools didn't go on any strike abi,I could remember when your south south daddy that had a P.HD was the president,ASUU went on SIX months strike.you don't always have to be sentimental,you are an adult,you should know what is right from wrong.

1 Like

Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by BIDOO(m): 7:29am On Jul 15, 2016
gabe15:
Op AAUA is also on strike
not at all, the school has been reopen since.
Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by berrystunn(m): 7:30am On Jul 15, 2016
Butter5ly:
It really saddens my heart when i look at the way our education system is being run in this part of the world. most of our higher institutions are currently on strike or closed indefinitely due to one reason or the other, to me corruption has really eaten down the roots of our system, why would our citadel of learning be the bedrock of fund mismanagement and embezzlement, why would a journey of 4 years turn to 6 years. it seems our leaders can't practice what they preach. below are the list of schools I know are currently on strike.
kogi state university
obafemi awolowo university
ladoke akintola university . . .
to name a few, I strongly stand with my fellow students in their struggle. together let's use the social media to raise our voice of discomfort and pain loud for them to hear our cry.
open up out schools and stop wasting our youthful age.
support the trend #reopenourschools

Your president is not Educated. So he don't know the importance of education...
Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by femiphillips007(m): 7:30am On Jul 15, 2016
Manueleee:
Whta do you expect from a country were d President av neva sat in a lecture room? Wot do u expect wen d president av nt seen d 4corner of a class rum.
And when your daddy that saw the four corners of a classroom was there, schools didn't go on any strike abi,I could remember when your south south daddy that had a P.HD was the president,ASUU went on SIX months strike.you don't always have to be sentimental,you are an adult,you should know what is right from wrong.
Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by ussy09(m): 7:35am On Jul 15, 2016
#save ksu
Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by Aden777(m): 7:37am On Jul 15, 2016
Slimberry1:
#reopen_oau
£1 or reopen_oau? Which one u go chuz?
Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by Elebiju: 7:39am On Jul 15, 2016
ola92:
Rufus Giwa Polytechnic Owo is also on strike.....
Na person send una make una protest against the police when you know NASU is on strike already and ASUU intended to join. The student that was hit by the police survived and is recuperating, the lecturers have not received any salary for 6 months and they are using this opportunity to agitate for their right, so rest a bit at home.

1 Like

Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by ifeyomade14: 7:44am On Jul 15, 2016
Ekiti state university is also on strike. Almighty Fayose should do something o.
Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 15, 2016
Strike in Naija universities is a course that should also be studied

2 Likes

Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 15, 2016
University of Nigeria, Enugu Campus has been closed since 13th June Indefinately.
Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 15, 2016
femiphillips007:

And when your daddy that saw the four corners of a classroom was there, schools didn't go on any strike abi,I could remember when your south south daddy that had a P.HD was the president,ASUU went on SIX months strike.you don't always have to be sentimental,you are an adult,you should know what is right from wrong.

And you and your death Dad lacks truth. My Dad was battled by you and your Dad dat will die soon or if nt already death. You an Adult ur Late Dad govt have worsten Nigeria problem.
Bt no mata wot, u cant compare dis govt and d past govt.

1 Like

Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by zicoraads: 7:55am On Jul 15, 2016
lionduke:

7 years in school and you still type with all this abbreviations. Odikwa risky
Abbreviations not part of school? And ever heard of text lingo?

1 Like

Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by korel9: 7:56am On Jul 15, 2016
femiphillips007:

And when your daddy that had certificate was there, schools didn't go on any strike abi,I could remember when your south south daddy that had a P.HD was the president,ASUU went on SIX months strike.you don't always have to be sentimental,you are an adult,you should know what is right from wrong.

It's obvious your gworo-chewing grandpa doesn't even understand what's happening in these schools since he didn't pass through one (certificateless don't forget) neither did his children know what we here in the country suffer (sth the P.HD holder wasn't the cause but would probably have rectified if given the opportunity despite his weakness). Don't worry, keep going after perceived enemies while the important sectors of governance are being left to deteriorate and stay away from my comments.
Cc: seun, lalasticlala et al.
Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by izeeworld(m): 8:00am On Jul 15, 2016
Austin4lif:
Is not this bad under Goodluck. However to think of it, how comes only APC states are suffering the most? Is it the law of karma ?

Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by mhiztee15(f): 8:00am On Jul 15, 2016
No this is another strike due to inability of gov mimiko to pay their salary
BIDOO:

Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by stenmikas(m): 8:03am On Jul 15, 2016
I wonder what the minister for education is doing about this,all he knows is to keep inflicting pains by scraping putme where only the connected get admission...something has to be done!

#AdamuMustGo
Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by sheyizy1: 8:06am On Jul 15, 2016
lonikit:
ekiti state university don join ooo
it has been called off
Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by BIGkoboko: 8:07am On Jul 15, 2016
What a country we live in....
Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by sharon395(f): 8:16am On Jul 15, 2016
Nawa am in 300l and I witnessed two strikes,first for 2 months den dey gave 2 months of renovation break dat was not necessary now this. #reopenksu.
Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by gabe15(m): 8:24am On Jul 15, 2016
BIDOO:

that a big lie aaua ASUU is currently on strike
Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by Blackfire(m): 8:26am On Jul 15, 2016
I pray they don't reopen the schools.

Why ?

U mean u are asking me why ?

Ok.
Until we find buhari's certificate.

Until he rule us for 3 years before we can wail.

Until u all realised that there is positive and negative change.

Where are all those change changing changer changee ... Thunder ve a different way of fire-ing people, especially if u are a student during the election yabbing rubbish.

Enjoy your sophisticated change.

#don'treopenschool.
#saibaba.

Insult me and watch me do something **** to u.
Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by femiphillips007(m): 8:35am On Jul 15, 2016
Manueleee:

And you and your death Dad lacks truth. My Dad was battled by you and your Dad dat will die soon or if nt already death. You an Adult ur Late Dad govt have worsten Nigeria problem.
Bt no mata wot, u cant compare dis govt and d past govt.
That's not the point of the argument. .the point of the argument was that did schools in nigeria go on strike when we had a president that saw the four walls of a classroom,we should have realised that this isn't a problem of a political party or something,it's the system,if you like,get a president that schooled in harvard,if the system is bad,there will still be strike.don't be brainwashed by these politicians ,they don't even know you exist....the fact that you are educated doesn't mean you should know what is right to do and the fact that you are an illiterate doesn't mean you shouldn't know the right thing to do

1 Like

Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by ychris: 8:40am On Jul 15, 2016
korel9:
This is what you get when the one at the helm of affairs doesn't have a certificate. undecided

Since he doesn't have a certificate who else would? grin
HRH of awon wherey 100%
Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by femiphillips007(m): 8:44am On Jul 15, 2016
korel9:

It's obvious your gworo-chewing grandpa doesn't even understand what's happening in these schools since he didn't pass through one (certificateless don't forget) neither did his children know what we here in the country suffer (sth the P.HD holder wasn't the cause but would probably have rectified if given the opportunity despite his weakness). Don't worry, keep going after perceived enemies while the important sectors of governance are being left to deteriorate and stay away from my comments.
Cc: seun, lalasticlala et al.
The P.HD holder had a certificate and I think if he was really educated ,he should have solved the problem,nobody would have stopped him but you have forgotten that the system is bad..if you like get a president that had a degree from harvard business school and harvard law school,if the system is bad there will still be strike.
Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by ladihandsome(m): 8:51am On Jul 15, 2016
#Reopen OSUSTECH
Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by Viccur(m): 8:53am On Jul 15, 2016
#reOpenOAU

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by HESKAY89(m): 8:54am On Jul 15, 2016
it seems unec .....enugu state are on strike...
Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by Nobody: 9:00am On Jul 15, 2016
femiphillips007:

That's not the point of the argument. .the point of the argument was that did schools in nigeria go on strike when we had a president that saw the four classes of a classroom,we should have realised that this isn't a problem of a political party or something,it's the system,if you like,get a president that schooled in harvard,if the system is bad,there will still be strike.don't be brainwashed by these politicians ,they don't even know you exist....the fact that you are educated doesn't mean you should know what is right to do and the fact that you are an illiterate doesn't mean you shouldn't know the right thing to do
And the point here is dat GEJ puts more intrest in education dan PMB. GEJ was only surounded by grousp of people dat dont wish him wel. And mind u, Wink was just a supervising minster of Education then.
To cover it all, GEJ few months in office, he gave Nigeria 8 starndard uni.
Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by PheezyLee(m): 9:07am On Jul 15, 2016
lionduke:

7 years in school and you still type with all this abbreviations. Odikwa risky

So i should av written a formal letter to lala?? Bring on sth else bro
Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by MrAdroit(m): 9:09am On Jul 15, 2016
I'm even fed up wit d whole strike issue...fed up wit dis buhari-led administration....lemme keep mute nd watch keenly as events unfold
Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by PheezyLee(m): 9:10am On Jul 15, 2016
micxwell:

UNFORTUNATELY, IT DID MAKE ITBTOBTHE FRONT PAGE.............

Insinuated it won't make it to FP as tiwa &cossy ain't involved smiley ....NL is changing for d better
Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by Treyknowles(m): 9:16am On Jul 15, 2016
lonikit:
ekiti state university don join ooo
Its Has Been Called Off Before This Thread Was Even Created.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chinese Nursery School Hires Sexy Pole Dancers To Welcome Kids Back To School / Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka (unizik) In Pictures. / Auchi Polytechnic Lecturer Injures Female Student, Flees (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.