Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,203 members, 7,829,304 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun: Saraki Signs Bill - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun: Saraki Signs Bill (13867 Views)

PHOTOS: Saraki Signs 3 Bills / Saraki Signs Nigerian Railway Corporation Bill / One Year Anniversary: Saraki Signs 2 Bills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun: Saraki Signs Bill by WilliamsNedd: 8:18am On Jul 15, 2016
Point of correction.

Effurun in Uvwie Local Govt Area,Delta state.
And not Effurun,Warri, Delta state.
Warri is another local govt area entirely.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun: Saraki Signs Bill by erico2k2(m): 8:19am On Jul 15, 2016
MILFangela:
University of Petroleum Resources, Effurn, Delta state
Maritime University, Gbaramatu, Delta state
University of Asaba, Asaba, Delta state.

Three Federal Universities in Delta state alone. shey na only Delta state dey Niger Delta? Na only dem waka cum? Anyways, it's good for them
Stop smoking that shyte
Friendly advice
Re: Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun: Saraki Signs Bill by MVLOX(m): 8:20am On Jul 15, 2016
what he signed was something else and not for the establishment of a sch that has already been there for more than 7 years
Re: Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun: Saraki Signs Bill by hUmaneOne: 8:23am On Jul 15, 2016
MILFangela:

Three Federal Universities in Delta state alone. shey na only Delta state dey Niger Delta? Na only dem waka cum? Anyways, it's good for them
I think it's time for your meds
Re: Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun: Saraki Signs Bill by hUmaneOne: 8:27am On Jul 15, 2016
WilliamsNedd:
Point of correction.

Effurun in Uvwie Local Govt Area,Delta state.

And not Effurun,Warri, Delta state.

Warri is another local govt area entirely.

Warri is used as well to represent " WARRI METROPOLIS" loosely comprising of the warri North,South,uvwie and parts of udu.
Re: Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun: Saraki Signs Bill by Iskra: 8:33am On Jul 15, 2016
I find no real qualms with having as many universities as possible in the Niger delta, whereever it might be situated. We have some northern towns...I mean towns not even the entire state that have got more federal presence in terms of Educational institutions than the whole of Delta state put together. Go to Zaria and see what is happening. On some streets, you have more federal presence using federally derived niger delta poil resources to fund those insttutions.

So if Delta or Warri alone gets 100 universities and they are put to work either now or sometime in the future when we get things right...so be it. Delta state is deserving of every penny spent there that benefits its people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun: Saraki Signs Bill by onoslove(f): 8:48am On Jul 15, 2016
MVLOX:
what he signed was something else and not for the establishment of a sch that has already been there for more than 7 years
if you are not sure of what to say, just sit back and read people's comments. FYI, what he signed was an act establishing the Federal University of Petroleum Resources.

1 Like

Re: Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun: Saraki Signs Bill by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 15, 2016
holadguy:
Everything favoured ND and yet militant blowing pipe on a daily basis,may God safe us from their hand sha

Where else should the petroleum university be located if not in the ND? Besides we are not even happy with all these peanuts issues. We want to control our resources and pay taxes to the FG.

1 Like

Re: Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun: Saraki Signs Bill by OHIsIManuEL(m): 9:06am On Jul 15, 2016
ChuzzyBlog:
[img]http://4.bp..com/-vMUJRR2J0JY/V4fqk9NlvBI/AAAAAAAABDU/HsSSbvuv3fQOe4Tk7JoxO0hw1VkSyb6AACLcB/s400/bukola%2Bsaraki.jpg[/img]

A bill was passed in the Senate to establish a University of Petroleum Resources in Effurun, Warri, Delta State. The Senate President this evening, signed the Senate's version of the bill.. The Bill was sponsored by Sen. Ovie Omo-Agege (PDP-Delta Central)

SOURCE: http://www.chuzzyblog.com/2016/07/senate-president-signs-bill-to.html

i live in warri and last time i checked there's already FUPRE i.e federal university of petroleum resources, effurun, so i have no idea what other university you're talking about.
Re: Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun: Saraki Signs Bill by OHIsIManuEL(m): 9:08am On Jul 15, 2016
MVLOX:
help me tell them o, i no con understand again.

1 Like

Re: Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun: Saraki Signs Bill by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 15, 2016
Oyiboman69:
many universities, many graduates,no job creation.I laugh una government from where I am in Czechoslovakia.

Because you are in a third world country probably worse than Nigeria, you think you are better off than people in Nigeria? I congratulate you

1 Like

Re: Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun: Saraki Signs Bill by OHIsIManuEL(m): 9:11am On Jul 15, 2016
The Federal University of Petroleum Resources Effurun (FUPRE) in Delta State , Nigeria was established and approved by the Federal Executive Council meeting of 14 March, 2007 and admitted its first set of undergraduates in 2008. The university was established under the Federal Government of Nigeria initiative to build a specialized university in the Niger Delta to produce manpower and expertise for the oil and gas sector. The National Universities Commission(NUC) approved sharing of facilities between the Petroleum Training Institute Effurun and FUPRE until it moved to its permanent site on development of its main campus at Ugbomro , Uvwie Local Government Area.
Re: Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun: Saraki Signs Bill by solaere(m): 9:16am On Jul 15, 2016
ChuzzyBlog:
[img]http://4.bp..com/-vMUJRR2J0JY/V4fqk9NlvBI/AAAAAAAABDU/HsSSbvuv3fQOe4Tk7JoxO0hw1VkSyb6AACLcB/s400/bukola%2Bsaraki.jpg[/img]

A bill was passed in the Senate to establish a University of Petroleum Resources in Effurun, Warri, Delta State. The Senate President this evening, signed the Senate's version of the bill.. The Bill was sponsored by Sen. Ovie Omo-Agege (PDP-Delta Central)

I don't get there was a university of petroleum resources in effurun b4 now so what's d establishment all about in short no achievement for this government so far...to me o o o-abegii no insult....
Re: Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun: Saraki Signs Bill by MVLOX(m): 9:18am On Jul 15, 2016
onoslove:
if you are not sure of what to say, just sit back and read people's comments. FYI, what he signed was an act establishing the Federal University of Petroleum Resources.

'Earlier today, I signed the Senate
version of S.B. 226 ‘A Bill for an Act for
the Establishment of the Federal
University of Petroleum Resources,
Effurun; and for Other Matters
Connected There with (2016).
With the rapid and continuous
restructuring of Nigeria’s petroleum
industry, this bill was borne out of the
need for the legislature to develop long-
term strategic ways of encouraging the
proper management of our nation’s oil
and gas resources.
Hence, with the governance framework
for the University of Petroleum
Resources in place, Nigeria will have the
domestic capacity to train skilled
graduates with the technical ability to
administer and further the demands of
our petroleum industry. This is vital to
our developmental objectives as a nation.
This bill, will now be forwarded on to the
House of Representatives for passage
into an Act of the National Assembly.'

so u see the university had already been established dis is just a version of the establishment act.......... for crying out laloud am a few weeks from graduating from this sch........ and pls just in case of next time try to be more polite wen u talk to pple u are a lady ...... if I had responded the way u replied my comment am sure I would have said something I might later regret
Re: Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun: Saraki Signs Bill by solaere(m): 9:20am On Jul 15, 2016
MVLOX:
Abi o i tut as much fa cuz i've even been to dat skul b4 so to say bill for establishment is an understatement ....
Re: Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun: Saraki Signs Bill by WilliamsNedd: 9:22am On Jul 15, 2016
hUmaneOne:

Warri is used as well to represent " WARRI METROPOLIS" loosely comprising of the warri North,South,uvwie and parts of udu.

You are right. I just want to correct the general impression bout this Warri thing.

1 Like

Re: Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun: Saraki Signs Bill by Kirigidi(m): 9:39am On Jul 15, 2016
ChuzzyBlog:

Op, Effurun is not Warri nd not even part of Warri. Effurun is a different town in a different LGA (Uvwie), only dat it's close to Warri due to urban expansion (urbanizatn) just d same way Asaba is close to Onitsha. Infact, FUPRE is locatd in a particular community calld Ugbomro which is part of Effurun (Uvwie LGA).

2 Likes

Re: Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun: Saraki Signs Bill by shamme2005(m): 9:50am On Jul 15, 2016
wen events in the country favours the flat heads dey will shout democracy at work, but if it doesnt favour them they will shout Biafra. mtchew
Re: Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun: Saraki Signs Bill by dermmy(m): 10:21am On Jul 15, 2016
When job no dey... Well people wey graduate frm this Uni go dey secure our oil and gas pipelines if dem no see employment for chevron and others grin
Re: Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun: Saraki Signs Bill by Musiwa419: 10:41am On Jul 15, 2016
dearpreye:

We want to control our resources and pay taxes to the FG.
Mr Dearpreye, I have a question for you. Why are your Ijaw Militant brothers killing defenceless people in Lagos and Ogun? Is it still because of resource control?
Re: Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun: Saraki Signs Bill by Nobody: 11:02am On Jul 15, 2016
MILFangela:

Shey na u build university of asaba?
Re: Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun: Saraki Signs Bill by lexyclasy: 11:33am On Jul 15, 2016
Ghost447:
You mean Delta State University is a Federal Institution?. I don't admire your ignorance at all.
Is Abraka in Asaba
Re: Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun: Saraki Signs Bill by Nobody: 11:37am On Jul 15, 2016
MILFangela:

Maybe you're looking for cheap likes. There's no university of Asaba. And until Fupre was first established in 2007 there had not been any federal uni in Delta unlike other Niger Delta states.

1 Like

Re: Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun: Saraki Signs Bill by pgodson7(m): 11:45am On Jul 15, 2016
Shebi na u establish university of asaba
MILFangela:

Re: Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun: Saraki Signs Bill by Allergic(m): 11:45am On Jul 15, 2016
Oyiboman69:
many universities, many graduates,no job creation.I laugh una government from where I am in Czechoslovakia.

This comment is borne out of ignorance. Education is the solution to Capacity building, which is what we need in Nigeria to move forward.
Merely stimulation of the economy through Fiscal and Monetary policies in the short run can create jobs...

Investing in Education is the way to go in Nigeria.
Re: Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun: Saraki Signs Bill by shamecurls(m): 11:47am On Jul 15, 2016
I just hope Niger Delta Avengers wont blow it up

Anyways, It can still be relocated to the West if the need arise grin grin grin
Re: Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun: Saraki Signs Bill by ayobami52(m): 12:13pm On Jul 15, 2016
Creation of jobs is what matter most
Re: Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun: Saraki Signs Bill by anthney87: 12:34pm On Jul 15, 2016
MILFangela:

In delta state there is no university of Asaba as a federal uni. that is a private university. and for ur information maritime university and petroleum resources is not a full fledge university so get ur head in the right places.
Re: Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun: Saraki Signs Bill by Ghost447(m): 12:48pm On Jul 15, 2016
lexyclasy:
Is Abraka in Asaba
Huh!
Re: Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun: Saraki Signs Bill by Oyiboman69: 1:12pm On Jul 15, 2016
Allergic:

This comment is borne out of ignorance. Education is the solution to Capacity building, which is what we need in Nigeria to move forward.
Merely stimulation of the economy through Fiscal and Monetary policies in the short run can create jobs...

Investing in Education is the way to go in Nigeria.
click the page and you will see 'to' as usual, this people are deceiving us. in gej voice, una no go fit do wetin I do.
Re: Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun: Saraki Signs Bill by dosantos: 1:32pm On Jul 15, 2016
Senator ama gege is a dpp not pdp gud work 4rm him he is only standing senate 4rm niger delta.kudos to him.
Re: Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun: Saraki Signs Bill by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jul 15, 2016
Musiwa419:
Mr Dearpreye, I have a question for you. Why are your Ijaw Militant brothers killing defenceless people in Lagos and Ogun? Is it still because of resource control?

What should you do if some armed militants come killing people in YOUR arena? Do you not mobilise yourselves and fight back instead of calling one dearpreye, who's somewhere in PH? The joke is on you. Defend your land.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Receives Wang Yi, Foreign Minister Of China (Photos) / Fayose: Buhari's Government Now Employer, Defender Of Terrorists, Bandits / Sani Bello Calls For APC NEC Meeting, Moves To Reduce Convention Sub-Panels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.