Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,222 members, 7,815,277 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

BREAKING At Least 60 Killed In Nice,france Truck 'attack': Authorities - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / BREAKING At Least 60 Killed In Nice,france Truck 'attack': Authorities (2170 Views)

Barcelona Truck Attack Kills 12 And Injures 80 / UPDATE: 80 Killed In New Terror Attack In Nice, France (GRAPHIC VIDEO) / Truck Attack In Nice, France On Bastille Day Kills Many (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING At Least 60 Killed In Nice,france Truck 'attack': Authorities by cafempropertyng: 11:58pm On Jul 14, 2016
French officials have confirmed that they are
investigasting a terrorist attack and there are
unconfirmed reports that there are gunmen on
the loose in the city. French TV channel iTele
tonight reported that a gunman "holed up in a
nice restaurant downtown" had been
"neutralized" by police.
The channel said it is not believed the man had
taken any hostages during the incident.
On the promenade it is thought that police
officers desperately fired on the truck as it was
"deliberately driven" for more than 100 metres
at people leaving a major bank holiday fireworks
celebration.
Witnesses said the truck picked up speed and
"rammed" the crowd where it was thickest at
more than 30mph, and images emerged of the
cab riddled with bullets. One said he saw the
driver emerge with a gun after the truck came to
a halt and begin shooting at the fleeing crowd.
Police have identified the driver, who was killed
during the incident, and it is believed to have
been a man who was known to security services.
Separate reports emerged tonight that police
fear four different trucks are involved, raising
fears of a massive organised terror attack.
Crowds had packed out the city's main
promenade to watch a fireworks display marking
Bastille Day, a major public holiday in France,
and were beginning to head home when the
lorry hit.
One witness reported horrific scenes with "dead
bodies everywhere" and distressing video footage
emerged of people fleeing the Promenade des
Anglais, in the southern French city, in terror.
And pictures posted on social media, far too
graphic to publish, showed bodies strewn across
the road in a scene of total devastation. The
world-famous promenade, next to Nice's
stunning sandy beach, is one of France's top
tourist spots.

Source: www.express.co.uk/news/world/689673/Panic-terror-French-city-Nice-lorry-ploughs-Bastille-Day-crowd
Re: BREAKING At Least 60 Killed In Nice,france Truck 'attack': Authorities by Nobody: 12:02am On Jul 15, 2016
Op e don reach 60? I thought i just saw 30 on Cnn some minutes ago

1 Like

Re: BREAKING At Least 60 Killed In Nice,france Truck 'attack': Authorities by idupaul: 12:05am On Jul 15, 2016
We warned them not to accept those fake refugees...I fear for Europe it has been infiltrated by terrorist

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING At Least 60 Killed In Nice,france Truck 'attack': Authorities by darlingtonNYIG(m): 12:11am On Jul 15, 2016
Europe really needs to watch it. their liberal attitude towards moslem migrants from the middle east is surely hitting them hard

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING At Least 60 Killed In Nice,france Truck 'attack': Authorities by RZArecta(m): 12:13am On Jul 15, 2016
Chosen1984:
Op e don reach 60? I thought i just saw 30 on Cnn some minutes ago
Daily Mail UK reported 50
Re: BREAKING At Least 60 Killed In Nice,france Truck 'attack': Authorities by RZArecta(m): 12:15am On Jul 15, 2016
This is what happens when you have compassion on sadists. They don't get why you're happy and so they make sure they make you cry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING At Least 60 Killed In Nice,france Truck 'attack': Authorities by Nobody: 12:16am On Jul 15, 2016
After losing euro 2016 final then this
Re: BREAKING At Least 60 Killed In Nice,france Truck 'attack': Authorities by dizzydane(f): 12:18am On Jul 15, 2016
jesu
may their souls rest wherever It wants to rest

meanwhile this terrorism is getting out of hand
can't the us govt just nuke this people and end all of this
Re: BREAKING At Least 60 Killed In Nice,france Truck 'attack': Authorities by blayde(m): 12:19am On Jul 15, 2016
Really trying times indeed. Just when they are yet to recover from d attack on Paris. It is in such a situation as this Trump's radical approach will hold sway. These guyz got no chill.

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING At Least 60 Killed In Nice,france Truck 'attack': Authorities by Nobody: 12:34am On Jul 15, 2016
Islam is totally a peaceful religion with progressive views towards equality, women's rights, and gay rights. It's not like the Koran calls for all non Muslims to be killed, enslaved, or forced to pay a tax. Muslim countries around the world are know as great tourist destinations completely safe for foreigners of all faiths to travel to. Also if you decide to leave Islam don't worry. It's not like the religion calls for apostates to be stoned to death or anything. #Religionofpeace - CNN
Re: BREAKING At Least 60 Killed In Nice,france Truck 'attack': Authorities by madridguy(m): 12:36am On Jul 15, 2016
Good for France. They never see anything.
Re: BREAKING At Least 60 Killed In Nice,france Truck 'attack': Authorities by Traveller11: 12:40am On Jul 15, 2016
By all means please, continue to let the Muslim immigrants in. Great means of social and cultural integration. Also checks population explosion.
Re: BREAKING At Least 60 Killed In Nice,france Truck 'attack': Authorities by prinsam30: 12:45am On Jul 15, 2016
TB Joshua prophecy comes to mind.....

hmmmmmm, it is well
Re: BREAKING At Least 60 Killed In Nice,france Truck 'attack': Authorities by ouigy99(m): 12:47am On Jul 15, 2016
princey83:
Islam is totally a peaceful religion with progressive views towards equality, women's rights, and gay rights. It's not like the Koran calls for all non Muslims to be killed, enslaved, or forced to pay a tax. Muslim countries around the world are know as great tourist destinations completely safe for foreigners of all faiths to travel to. Also if you decide to leave Islam don't worry. It's not like the religion calls for apostates to be stoned to death or anything. #Religionofpeace - CNN
Yeah, it's a known fact that not all Muslims are terrorists,...... But all terrorists are Muslims.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING At Least 60 Killed In Nice,france Truck 'attack': Authorities by Russellval(m): 1:05am On Jul 15, 2016
Will this insanity ever end?
By the way I won't be surprised if PMB extends his condolences to France but the over eighty Nigerians killed in Benue a few days ago haven't received such.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING At Least 60 Killed In Nice,france Truck 'attack': Authorities by guttentag(m): 1:08am On Jul 15, 2016
end time truck
Re: BREAKING At Least 60 Killed In Nice,france Truck 'attack': Authorities by tinkinjow: 1:49am On Jul 15, 2016
This is one of injuries Europe brought upon itself with Britain and America spearheading. Now France is bearing mont of the brunt.
With refugees pouring into Europe now, it won't be long b4 they carry an attack of 9/11 proportions. God help them.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING At Least 60 Killed In Nice,france Truck 'attack': Authorities by wisov(m): 1:52am On Jul 15, 2016
Its 77pple now dat hve bn confirmed dead! I just fEel sori for france! I won't be suprise if its confirmed a muslim group terror attack!
Re: BREAKING At Least 60 Killed In Nice,france Truck 'attack': Authorities by TPAND(f): 1:53am On Jul 15, 2016
Why is France the main target of Islam extremist. That country is too beautiful to be subjected to incessant attacks like this.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING At Least 60 Killed In Nice,france Truck 'attack': Authorities by 2kass(m): 1:59am On Jul 15, 2016
I am not being insensitive. But I am vexed cuz these peeps didn't put up breaking news during Boko Haraam attack.

I even decided to visit their most popular blog.

Even visited their french version of nairaland...

So if I pass, make uuna no vex.

On a light note, una see Y UK no fit stay for una Union.. #Team Brexit
Re: BREAKING At Least 60 Killed In Nice,france Truck 'attack': Authorities by GogetterMD(m): 2:03am On Jul 15, 2016
To thinking the events of "Bastille day", the movie, would actual remain a movie. The reality came out worse.
Truth is these terror attacks won't abate any time soon. For those thinking it's because of the weak immigration policies of these countries, care to note that most of these terror attacks are being carried out by citizens who have long resided in the countries before the current immigration influx.
These countries are being targeted for their roles in the middle east unrest and subsequent displacement of the various ethnic militias in such countries, Iraq, Syria, Libya and Egypt, thanks to NATO and her allied nations.

France, your wailing should be directed at Bush, Blair, and Obama.
Welcome to the reality. My heartfelt condolences go out to the families of the deceased, getting caught up in a struggle that they knew nothing about
Re: BREAKING At Least 60 Killed In Nice,france Truck 'attack': Authorities by Slymonster(m): 2:11am On Jul 15, 2016
am seeing 80 people..Religion of peace are not through dealing with France( what a truck)..May God protect us
Re: BREAKING At Least 60 Killed In Nice,france Truck 'attack': Authorities by Slymonster(m): 2:18am On Jul 15, 2016
GogetterMD:
To thinking the events of "Bastille day", the movie, would actual remain a movie. The reality came out worse.
Truth is these terror attacks won't abate any time soon. For those thinking it's because of the weak immigration policies of these countries, care to note that most of these terror attacks are being carried out by citizens who have long resided in the countries before the current immigration influx.
These countries are being targeted for their roles in the middle east unrest and subsequent displacement of the various ethnic militias in such countries, Iraq, Syria, Libya and Egypt, thanks to NATO and her allied nations.

France, your wailing should be directed at Bush, Blair, and Obama.
Welcome to the reality. My heartfelt condolences go out to the families of the deceased, getting caught up in a struggle that they knew nothing about

bros just shut up..Stop giving excuse for animals,it's flows in there blood

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING At Least 60 Killed In Nice,france Truck 'attack': Authorities by GogetterMD(m): 2:24am On Jul 15, 2016
Slymonster:

If you would stop being emotional and illogical, you would realize I haven't stated nothing but the truth
Re: BREAKING At Least 60 Killed In Nice,france Truck 'attack': Authorities by DONADAMS(m): 2:35am On Jul 15, 2016
nawa oh...france again....a whole france. ...
Re: BREAKING At Least 60 Killed In Nice,france Truck 'attack': Authorities by GogetterMD(m): 2:44am On Jul 15, 2016
Slymonster:

Both French TV station BFM and local newspaper Nice-Matin are reporting that the driver is a 31-year-old with dual French-Tunisian nationality.

BFM is quoting a police source via Agence France-Presse who said that an ID card was found inside the truck. Reports say the man was a Nice resident.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2016/jul/14/nice-bastille-day-france-attack-promenade-des-anglais-vehicle

As you can see, this is no immigrant, at least not from recent, but a French national
Re: BREAKING At Least 60 Killed In Nice,france Truck 'attack': Authorities by SATOH: 2:52am On Jul 15, 2016
France needs tough immigration laws that rigorously screen migrants especially those from the middle east. I don't know why they never support Assad for his fight against ISIS but instead they keep arming the 'opposition'. This same opposition are the people killing you. May God protect us from anybody planning evil against us. Amen. I condole with France people, and people all over the world affected by terror.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING At Least 60 Killed In Nice,france Truck 'attack': Authorities by Explorers(m): 2:57am On Jul 15, 2016
Now 77 according to dailymail, killing everywhere. RIP to the dead.
Re: BREAKING At Least 60 Killed In Nice,france Truck 'attack': Authorities by Amberon11: 3:26am On Jul 15, 2016
O
Re: BREAKING At Least 60 Killed In Nice,france Truck 'attack': Authorities by Nobody: 3:29am On Jul 15, 2016
Killing no dey tire some people?
Death here death there

What,ll these france DGSE doing sef?
France immigration processes need more scrutiny

(1) (2) (Reply)

In Syria, Russia Defends Civilization – The West Sides With Barbarism / This Is Not Africa's World Cup, But South Africa's / If Isreal Attacks Iran, Likely Scenario

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.