Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

Dealing With Abusive Domains - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Dealing With Abusive Domains (1678 Views)

I'm Selling Out These Domains To The First Person To Contact Me Today!!! / Cheap .com Domain Name For N4,000/yr - Save Money On Your Domains / PM. WMZ. Payza. BITCOIN- Etc Available. DOMAINS + HOSTING with PerfectMoney! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dealing With Abusive Domains by web4africa: 3:46am On Jul 15, 2016
Web4Africa is a leading accredited Domain Registrar and Web Hosting company operating since 2002.

The purpose of this topic is to highlight a sample of one aspect of our operations.

As an Accredited Domain Registrar, we are required by as par the contracts with the various domain registries, to suspend/disable abusive domains in a timely manner. In addition to that, we take action based on our own moral conviction that scums should not be allowed to keep tarnishing Nigeria's image on the Internet.

One of such spurious domains was novenauniversity dot com dot ng

The legitimate academic institution is at http://www.novenauniversity.edu.ng/ Note the close similarity to the legitimate domain.
Re: Dealing With Abusive Domains by web4africa: 3:54am On Jul 15, 2016
The legitimate institution wrote the .ng registry and we were alerted. We took action against the domain within 30 minutes after verifying the claims by the school, and also notified the individual who registered the domain. To prevent future abusive orders by this individual, we also closed his Web4Africa account completely.
Now, this individual went through the trouble of opening an account with Nairaland, to attempt to defame us but failed to mention his spurious activities.
The next post will include evidence against this individual.
Re: Dealing With Abusive Domains by web4africa: 4:05am On Jul 15, 2016
He claims the website is a "satirical reprensentation" but this is not boldly highlighted on the said website.
Registering a domain so close to that of a legitimate institution is a big red-flag.

While we respect freedom of speech, the fact is, such spurious domains are prone to fraud. Some register domains very close to legitimate domains of big banks (for internet banking login thefts), universities (for admission fraud), Nigeria Customs Service (for vehicle auction fraud) etc.

The registrants can create an email account and simply orchestrate their nefarious activities through email. Of course, some bother to defend the fake websites they have published under various guises, when they are desperate for us to release the service.

Some would claim it was just a "test", or they were learning web design.

Re: Dealing With Abusive Domains by web4africa: 4:15am On Jul 15, 2016
Not one to give-up easily, this individual has proceeded to register another closely similar domain with another registrar and published the same spurious website.

While it is anybody's right to criticise others, such must be done with fact and clarity - not by copying the name, logo and website design in the name of "satirical reprensentation"

The chances of the spurious website being set-up entirely for fraud is rather high, compared to it being free speech.

Re: Dealing With Abusive Domains by web4africa: 4:42am On Jul 15, 2016
Kindly juxtapose the details above with the claims by the individual, on Nairaland.

He claims we took two days to activate his service. Not true. It was activated early the next morning after he notified us.
He claims the website threw-up errors. There is no single technical support ticket on record from this individual, talkless of any complaining about technical errors. Also, it is highly unlikely that a website full of static HTML pages like the one he hosted would throw-up any such errors.

Re: Dealing With Abusive Domains by okoro2much: 12:02pm On Aug 22, 2016
What alter non-sense is this? Well, I don't expect dishonest companies like yourself to say the truth (after they have wet your hands). People like you are what is wrong with this world. cry
Re: Dealing With Abusive Domains by okoro2much: 12:04pm On Aug 22, 2016
I have screen-shots and you have some bunch of unverified mumbo jumbos.

Why is it that in the whole wide world, it is only Web4Africa that has bad reputation? Among all the thousands of webhosting companies, is it that people just hate them ALONE? Use your common sense, their hands are not clean! Look at them talking about how SOME-PEOPLE open bank website. DID I OPEN BANK ACCOUNT WEBSITE?

I am sure all this other people are lieing abi?
https://www.nairaland.com/3120500/web4africa.ng-net-scam

https://www.nairaland.com/1312656/web4africa.net-fraud-already-scamming-me

https://www.nairaland.com/1284609/pls-how-genuine-web4africa

An advice to you, never cheat a blogger or a laywer. I carried my website to Google and alarted the school 20mins after the blog was established to pull it down if they can. Three weeks now and am still waiting for my website to be banned. You see, Google has better ethics than you, and can NOT be bribe by Novena University. You can click here to see for yourself. So liar, liar, your pants on fire!

This people are liars and I don't know why they chose me above other (or it is baecause I was the only one that post PROVE that they are not straight forward). In Nigeria, you don't take someone who is richer than you to court, you would fail. But if Google remove my blog, I swear, I would be a millionaire because I would find someone that would help me drag them to cout and I am sure we would come to a out of court settlement. If they remove this blog, I would not only retair, I would re-establish the blog!

If I am commiting any crime, report me here: https://support.google.com/blogger/answer/76315?hl=en&rd=1

and here: https://support.google.com/legal/troubleshooter/1114905?rd=2&hl=en#ts=1115645

Today is 22nd August 2016.
Shame on you guys!

Tunde you be IT guy na, why you never report my blog. And Ike you na baddo (AKA American Chuck Norris) why you never comadoo me?
Re: Dealing With Abusive Domains by Neddstark: 9:43am On Aug 23, 2016
Sorry but if this is the case. A webhost can suspend that domain/hosting. Until client proves he is originally from that institution
Re: Dealing With Abusive Domains by yomalex(m): 12:27pm On Aug 23, 2016
There is no case here the Webhost has done the right thing in the circumstances and why is the client so interested in registering a Novena University domain?

Modified 12:33PM August 23

I just went through the web4africa client's website and now i understand what's going on. It appears the school has some bad policies and management practices and that's what the okoro2much is trying to publicise it appears that he is giving a "true state" of affairs in the institution and the school is not comfortable with it
Re: Dealing With Abusive Domains by okoro2much: 3:13pm On Aug 23, 2016
yomale yes, That is what is going on.

Neddstark , The webhost never gave me a chance to prove anything. Usually they are suppose to allow me prove my case (even verify my identity and so on), nooooo, this guys just sent me an automated message that my site is a fraud/fake and never replied my emails until I engaged them in LiveChat.
They deleted my client account based on what they presume I would do? That is why I simply ask them: my site is now on Blogger, let them go and ban it (if I am doing anything wrong). I didn’t break their terms of agreement, they banned me because they feel I would one day use my email? (its just now they are telling me this, they told me reason for the ban was that the site was fake) Now look at them despiratly twisting the story here. Legally, that domain name is mine and paid for.
Re: Dealing With Abusive Domains by yomalex(m): 3:35pm On Aug 23, 2016
okoro2much:

Neddstark , The webhost never gave me a chance to prove anything. Usually they are suppose to allow me prove my case (even verify my identity and so on), nooooo, this guys just sent me an automated message that my site is a fraud/fake and never replied my emails until I engaged them in LiveChat.
They deleted my client account based on what they presume I would do? That is why I simply ask them: my site is now on Blogger, let them go and ban it (if I am doing anything wrong). I didn’t break their terms of agreement, they banned me because they feel I would one day use my email? Legally is that domain name is mine and paid for.
They are using the fact that you could do what you are doing without actually registering a similar domain to the school website, simply said your site is a 'clone' 'phishing' etc as long as you don't have the authority of the school to operate it.
Re: Dealing With Abusive Domains by okoro2much: 3:55pm On Aug 23, 2016
yomalex:
They are using the fact that you could do what you are doing without actually registering a similar domain to the school website, simply said your site is a 'clone' 'phishing' etc as long as you don't have the authority of the school to operate it.

I understand your point, but I had to register an open domain to attract traffic, it is a SEO tactic, and it is legal. For example lindaikejiSblog.com belongs to that famous blogger. I have every right under heaven to have a lindaikeji.com (without the s) registered and use it to critic her. A site with only 10 page would NOT show up in search result against a big organisation. Do you know how many MILIONS of kids search for school admission online during the months of July and November?
Re: Dealing With Abusive Domains by Neddstark: 4:09pm On Aug 23, 2016
okoro2much:

They deleted my client account based on what they presume I would do? That is why I simply ask them: my site is now on Blogger, let them go and ban it (if I am doing anything wrong). I didn’t break their terms of agreement, they banned me because they feel I would one day use my email? (its just now they are telling me this, they told me reason for the ban was that the site was fake) Now look at them despiratly twisting the story here. Legally, that domain name is mine and paid for.

That's the norm. Foreign hosts are worse when it comes to replica sites. They won't even reply you.
Re: Dealing With Abusive Domains by yomalex(m): 4:20pm On Aug 23, 2016
okoro2much:

I understand your point, but I had to register an open domain to attract traffic, it is a SEO tactic, and it is legal. For example lindaikejiSblog.com belongs to that famous blogger. I have every right under heaven to have a lindaikeji.com (without the s) registered and use it to critic her. A site with only 10 page would NOT show up in search result against a big organisation. Do you know how many MILIONS of kids search for school admission online during the months of July and November?

that's a level of cybersquatting if there's a complaint then they would be obliged to take it down as evidenced in this case
Re: Dealing With Abusive Domains by okoro2much: 4:47pm On Aug 23, 2016
yomalex:
that's a level of cybersquatting if there's a complaint then they would be obliged to take it down as evidenced in this case
Please, this is the first time am hearing of the word 'cybersquatting', upon checking Wiki, it states:

"Cybersquatting (also known as domain squatting), according to the United States federal law known as the Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act, is registering, trafficking in, or using an Internet domain name with bad faith intent to profit from the goodwill of a trademark belonging to someone else. The cybersquatter then offers to sell the domain to the person or company who owns a trademark contained within the name at an inflated price".

Same with the "phishing" allegation are false because I was NOT collecting people data or credit care information, neither was I profiting from the website with no intension to do so. I don't even have Adverts on the blog (even though I have a verified Google Adsense account and ID). I do NOT intend on selling the domain at an inflated price neither I have I ever announced it. Just look at this screen shot and see how much hits (through handwork of commenting on numerous blogs) I acquired in just 3 weeks, If I had that domain name, I would reach 200k page view per month. My goal was that when you Google Novena University, my blog would pop up before the schools to warn people so that they would make up their own mind, nothing more. Even the phone numbers and email address on the contact page are those of the schools (becaue I want them to challenge the school to answer to the my blog).

This is Nigeria, I can't take them to court so I blog. Look at what they did to that man that named his dog Buhari (after they settuled the case, they came back for him and today is his sleeping in jail (with criminals and rapist).

I have NEVER contacted the school to extort money too. I only contacted/challenge them to to take down my blog if they can.

Re: Dealing With Abusive Domains by web4africa: 2:18am On Aug 24, 2016
You can criticize without cloning. Stay away from cloning other people's website. You conveniently forgot to mention the other fake .ng domain you registered with another registrar after we suspended the fake .com.ng domain you registered with us.

Your blogger thing looks clearer that you are out to criticize the school.

Again, you can't register a domain close to the original, clone their website and claim "freedom of speech". It is fraudulent.
Re: Dealing With Abusive Domains by web4africa: 2:26am On Aug 24, 2016
yomalex:
There is no case here the Webhost has done the right thing in the circumstances and why is the client so interested in registering a Novena University domain?

Modified 12:33PM August 23

I just went through the web4africa client's website and now i understand what's going on. It appears the school has some bad policies and management practices and that's what the okoro2much is trying to publicise it appears that he is giving a "true state" of affairs in the institution and the school is not comfortable with it

His first website was an exact clone of the school website. No sound web host or domain registrar would allow that. Satire or not.
Re: Dealing With Abusive Domains by web4africa: 2:33am On Aug 24, 2016
The other fake domain this fellow registered through another registrar is "novenauniveraity.com.ng"
Note the deliberate misspelling in the domain. These are all symptoms of fraud. "novenauniveraity.com.ng" has been suspended by the other registrar. Let's see what spurious allegations he would throw at them.
Re: Dealing With Abusive Domains by yomalex(m): 5:43am On Aug 24, 2016
web4africa:

His first website was an exact clone of the school website. No sound web host or domain registrar would allow that. Satire or not.
Yes I have addressed that in my subsequent comment
Re: Dealing With Abusive Domains by web4africa: 7:18am On Aug 24, 2016
okoro2much:
What alter non-sense is this? Well, I don't expect dishonest companies like yourself to say the truth (after they have wet your hands). People like you are what is wrong with this world. cry

You, Sir, are implying we were bribed? That's another proof that your vituperations on Nairaland are deliberate attempts to court public sympathy through misinformation. We don't need to be bribed to promptly disable a spurious website.
Re: Dealing With Abusive Domains by okoro2much: 7:18pm On Aug 24, 2016
As I said before, you can use the hosting money to buy soft drinks. It was not my intension but it has happened already. Today marks exactly three weeks since my new website has been standing uninterupted (far better than the crappy service web4africa provides and it is FREE). Go and answer the other petitions against you. It seems all those HIV medication you people are taking as started affecting your brain nagativly.
My people, there is no smoke without fire!

Have a nice life, I hope we never cross path again. kiss

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...
Re: Dealing With Abusive Domains by bedfordng(m): 4:13pm On Sep 05, 2016
mmmm
Re: Dealing With Abusive Domains by web4africa: 5:02pm On Sep 05, 2016
okoro2much, your responses are still at variance with fact. Repeating the same thing lies and deliberate exaggerations hardly make your responses true.

Fact:

1. you registered a domain super-close to the legitimate domain of a university
2. you uploaded a cloned website of the school; in addition to copyright infringment of the school's web design, it is fraudulent and misleading
3. the domain was suspended based on complaints from the school and the .ng domain registry
4. you proceeded to register a very similar domain with another registrar - that other domain was suspended too, by the other registrar - you failed to give any response to that. Was the other registrar bribed too?
5. you hop on Nairaland to give false information about us. Despite publishing evidence to disprove you, you prefer to avoid the fact and keep spinning lies behind a faceless alias on Nairaland.
6. now, publishing a blog on to supposedly continue your war against the school doesn't prove anything.
7. Yes. Your account with us was closed so we don't have to deal with fake websites from you again.
Re: Dealing With Abusive Domains by Nobody: 8:40am On Sep 23, 2016
web4africa:
okoro2much, your responses are still at variance with fact. Repeating the same thing lies and deliberate exaggerations hardly make your responses true.

Fact:

1. you registered a domain super-close to the legitimate domain of a university
2. you uploaded a cloned website of the school; in addition to copyright infringment of the school's web design, it is fraudulent and misleading
3. the domain was suspended based on complaints from the school and the .ng domain registry
4. you proceeded to register a very similar domain with another registrar - that other domain was suspended too, by the other registrar - you failed to give any response to that. Was the other registrar bribed too?
5. you hop on Nairaland to give false information about us. Despite publishing evidence to disprove you, you prefer to avoid the fact and keep spinning lies behind a faceless alias on Nairaland.
6. now, publishing a blog on to supposedly continue your war against the school doesn't prove anything.
7. Yes. Your account with us was closed so we don't have to deal with fake websites from you again.
Please how do i link my .com.ng domain to blogger.
And can you give me a link to read about your premium domains policy/terms and condition
Re: Dealing With Abusive Domains by web4africa: 6:11am On Jan 27, 2017
fighal:

Please how do i link my .com.ng domain to blogger.
And can you give me a link to read about your premium domains policy/terms and condition

Sorry for the delayed reply. I hope the setup was sorted. Our official channels (email, phone etc) are always the best way to reach us for support.
Re: Dealing With Abusive Domains by Atlantian: 11:23am On Jun 24, 2017
web4africa:

Hello @web4africa

I paid for domain and hosting at your website. But for the past 2 days, the domain is still not activated. And all tickets sent and complaints and emails sent to you guys have not been responded to. I call the customer service lines are they are constantly on voice prompt wasting customers time and money without any attempt to address the issues or told to hang on ?

Common, this is a very crazy way of doing business. It is better for one to know he/she is scammed so one can move on, than a silent treatment.

If activating a domain and hosting when one has made a payment is this hard to respond to, then it must be hell for those who have real complains that requires attention.

My question is; Is this a scam ? It is better I move on than be subjected to this silent and unprofessional treatment.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Active 3k And 4k Likes Page For Sale / Can Hosting Sites Resend Your Cp Details To You. / Drop your site for review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.