Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:04 AM

Pls How Genuine Is WEB4AFRICA? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Pls How Genuine Is WEB4AFRICA? (7258 Views)

Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. / Many Sites Hosted By Web4Africa Are Down / Web4africa Ltd. Acquires Alireta.com Hosting Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls How Genuine Is WEB4AFRICA? by Nobody: 9:50am On May 09, 2013
Pls I want to know if anybody has done any biz with a company known as web4Africa. The company claims to be in Ghana and Nigeria. There are telephone nos at the site but u cannot get through any of the local nos and when you want to send email to them you cannot do so unless you go to their website to fill form. Has anybody in the house done any biz with the company? Thank for ur response
Re: Pls How Genuine Is WEB4AFRICA? by niyyie(m): 3:02pm On May 09, 2013
Call +233 30 2921912 or email sales (at) web4africa (dot) net
Re: Pls How Genuine Is WEB4AFRICA? by GraphicsPlus(m): 3:48pm On May 09, 2013
If you have a Mastercard, go for domain.com or siteground.com
Don't waste your money.
You are warned.
Re: Pls How Genuine Is WEB4AFRICA? by DualCore1: 4:39pm On May 09, 2013
Graphicplus, if you do not have useful info or personal experience about W4A and its services its best not to cause any confusion presenting personal preferences as standards.
Re: Pls How Genuine Is WEB4AFRICA? by GraphicsPlus(m): 4:49pm On May 09, 2013
We all have read here on NL tons of ugly issues involving web4africa.
Re: Pls How Genuine Is WEB4AFRICA? by DualCore1: 12:17am On May 10, 2013
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1171220
https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/domain-com-is-a-scam.2346036/
http://www.vistainter.com/reviews/S/siteground.com/

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=624096
http://forum.cs-cart.com/topic/28782-siteground-hosting-is-a-disaster/
http://www.web-hosting-top.com/reviews/domain.com

Every business has problems. What matters is how a business deals with its problems. If W4A hasn't been dealing with its problems to a reasonable degree they would have been forced to sign off the industry. If a business doesn't encounter any problems in its lifetime, that is a problem in itself.

When you have no idea what happens behind the stage of a business, try not to go upstage addressing its audience.

2 Likes

Re: Pls How Genuine Is WEB4AFRICA? by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 4:48am On May 10, 2013
Hnmmm, smh.

OP just google 'em and get more info before u get any host be it web4africa or domain.com. I don want to say much.

I wish u Patience and Goodluck.
Re: Pls How Genuine Is WEB4AFRICA? by greenmouse(m): 8:57am On May 10, 2013
@graphicplus, why do u enjoy spoiling other people business.
Dont say wat u dont know abt W4A.
Re: Pls How Genuine Is WEB4AFRICA? by GraphicsPlus(m): 10:03am On May 10, 2013
@Greenmouse, am not spoiling anybody`s business. Check out myriads of ugly reports about web4Africa.
But after reading DualCore`s posts of Forum`s reviews of some supposed super web hosting companies, I now know that somehow people`s opinions and experiences can be biased especially on forums. Check out my comment on the last thread by one Activeman on Web4Africa. I actually said it`s wrong for him to rush here and tell us that Web4Africa is nothing to write home about, and then turn around asking mod to delete the thread. I have no issues with any web hosting company. I dont even know their ceos. What is worth doing is worth doing well.
Re: Pls How Genuine Is WEB4AFRICA? by Nobody: 12:06pm On May 10, 2013
GraphicsPlus: @Greenmouse, am not spoiling anybody`s business. Check out myriads of ugly reports about web4Africa.
But after reading DualCore`s posts of Forum`s reviews of some supposed super web hosting companies, I now know that somehow people`s opinions and experiences can be biased especially on forums. Check out my comment on the last thread by one Activeman on Web4Africa. I actually said it`s wrong for him to rush here and tell us that Web4Africa is nothing to write home about, and then turn around asking mod to delete the thread. I have no issues with any web hosting company. I dont even know their ceos. What is worth doing is worth doing well.

Hope you are not having nightmare each night because of me? cheesy grin smiley

BhonsRi-Waalaa
Re: Pls How Genuine Is WEB4AFRICA? by 3RNEST(m): 12:13pm On May 10, 2013
niyyie: Call +233 30 2921912 or email sales (at) web4africa (dot) net
This is Web4Africa Boss!! Take note...call and do the emailing for better respond..
Re: Pls How Genuine Is WEB4AFRICA? by Nobody: 12:22pm On May 10, 2013
pls Web4Africa had replied to this query. The telephone no giving: +233302921912 is in perfect order. Thanks d hole house for ur positive responses
Re: Pls How Genuine Is WEB4AFRICA? by 3RNEST(m): 5:52pm On May 10, 2013
honor2011: pls Web4Africa had replied to this query. The telephone no giving: +233302921912 is in perfect order. Thanks d hole house for ur positive responses
i told you, they are the best in Africa and beyond...i used myself, the only thing is that they don't give bonus to customers lol, and i want him to work on that some like contest, win LR, Payza to motivate customers... sad
Re: Pls How Genuine Is WEB4AFRICA? by jenifertaler: 5:08am On May 11, 2013
I bought 3 domains from them and getting good response from them.So you can call or mail them for resolve this issue

Thanks
Re: Pls How Genuine Is WEB4AFRICA? by buziy(m): 4:40pm On May 11, 2013
why not try rockghana.com its a free web hosting company with instant activation
Re: Pls How Genuine Is WEB4AFRICA? by hubreality(m): 6:50am On Jun 02, 2013
They are simply HORRIBLE...Down today up tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Pls How Genuine Is WEB4AFRICA? by adewasco2k(m): 10:38am On Jun 16, 2013
hmmmm this is kinda true now...they have being up and down for weeks now....presently down!
Re: Pls How Genuine Is WEB4AFRICA? by desoba2: 5:35am On Aug 06, 2013
Do not register your domain through web4africa! These guys are incompetent and unresponsive. I registered a domain and I can't even edit CNAME or upload a HTTPL file in order to verify my domain to enable my email or website with any other webhost. Web4africa uses whmcs which gives you no control in changing dns, cname, etc. and you have to rely on their technical support, which has been non-existent for the last 3 weeks as their standard reply is...
Please hold on. We are forwarding this ticket to concerned department.

They will update you soon.

Warm regards,

Web4Africa Technical Support......

and then nothing!!!!! Stay away from these guys - they are a scam! I could have lost my job because I am still not able to set up email (because I can't change dns) on the domain registered through them and its difficult to explain to my boss!
Re: Pls How Genuine Is WEB4AFRICA? by somerest: 2:44pm On Jul 18, 2014
Am having issues with them and now am searching for a better company. i can never recommend them to anybody.
Re: Pls How Genuine Is WEB4AFRICA? by WebHostingPal: 5:04pm On Jul 18, 2014
honor2011: Pls I want to know if anybody has done any biz with a company known as web4Africa. The company claims to be in Ghana and Nigeria. There are telephone nos at the site but u cannot get through any of the local nos and when you want to send email to them you cannot do so unless you go to their website to fill form. Has anybody in the house done any biz with the company? Thank for ur response

Not sure about the company you are inquiring about, but here we go;

If you are truly seeking a quality Nigeria web hosting company with all the bells and whistles, HostNigeria! is all you want.

Why patronise web hosting companies or any company for that matter, that don't even pay taxes here in Nigeria ?
With all due respect, at HostNigeria we pay our own share of taxes contributing to our own economy not carting it away.

Not dissing anybody here, unlike many web hosting companies here in Nigeria, we don't jump on the bandwagon, we are CIW qualified webmasters, 4 staff with over 18 years of experience and we have 2 interns.

We offer great web hosting services with convenient payment terms, 30 day full money back guarantee and a true 24/7 customer support, what have you got to loose ? try us out and see for yourself. You can pay with cash, HostNigeria credit, debit or credit card via QuickTeller and PayPal

We have a few clients here that can testify to the quality of our services. We don't play games with you, your time, your money and business.

We are just happy to provide you quality service that will help your business stand out.

I hope this helps.
Re: Pls How Genuine Is WEB4AFRICA? by Opiosko: 10:04am On Jul 19, 2014
somerest: Am having issues with them and now am searching for a better company. i can never recommend them to anybody.
Blanket accusation...why not tell us the nature of the problem u ar having with them?
Re: Pls How Genuine Is WEB4AFRICA? by Wilpat: 2:00pm On Oct 11, 2015
I recently paid to have my domain registered with web4africa.net. After taking my cash, for days now, they are still yet to activate it. Ive sent emails to them but no response. I even searched on their site for the availability of the same domain that ive been charged for, it says its still available shocked shocked . Meaning they are fraudulent people
Re: Pls How Genuine Is WEB4AFRICA? by Chinenye123: 2:43pm On Oct 11, 2015
Wilpat:
I recently paid to have my domain registered with web4africa.net. After taking my cash, for days now, they are still yet to activate it. Ive sent emails to them but no response. I even searched on their site for the availability of the same domain that ive been charged for, it says its still available shocked shocked . Meaning they are fraudulent people

Sorry about that have you called them?
Re: Pls How Genuine Is WEB4AFRICA? by eliteweb(m): 3:15pm On Oct 11, 2015
Wilpat:

Every business has its up and down just like W4A but i no they're not fraudulent.

Just try and write to them again, I believe you will get your issue sorted out.

I have over 20 domains registered with them.

1 Like

Re: Pls How Genuine Is WEB4AFRICA? by xiqlo: 3:58pm On Mar 31, 2016
Please run away from WEB4AFRICA, they have collected my money for Domain registration for almost 2 weeks, No refund, No service, my domain as been Pending up till now, never activated. they are the Biggest SCAMMERS ONLINE please beware of them
Re: Pls How Genuine Is WEB4AFRICA? by xiqlo: 4:01pm On Mar 31, 2016
niyyie:
Call +233 30 2921912 or email sales (at) web4africa (dot) net

NO 1 419, YOU PEOPLE DESERVE TO BE ARRESTED AND JAILED, YOU RUB PEOPLE AND REFUSE TO PROVIDE THEIR SERVICE, I PAID YOU MONEY FOR DOMAIN, YOU REFUSE TO ACTIVATE MY DOMAIN NOR REFUND FOR ALMOST 2 WEEKS, I SENT SEVERAL TICKETS NO REPLY, GOD WILL JUDGE YOU PEOPLE
Re: Pls How Genuine Is WEB4AFRICA? by 3RNEST(m): 8:22am On Apr 03, 2016
xiqlo:

NO 1 419, YOU PEOPLE DESERVE TO BE ARRESTED AND JAILED, YOU RUB PEOPLE AND REFUSE TO PROVIDE THEIR SERVICE, I PAID YOU MONEY FOR DOMAIN, YOU REFUSE TO ACTIVATE MY DOMAIN NOR REFUND FOR ALMOST 2 WEEKS, I SENT SEVERAL TICKETS NO REPLY, GOD WILL JUDGE YOU PEOPLE
How much do u pay for domain?
Re: Pls How Genuine Is WEB4AFRICA? by okoro2much: 7:14pm On Jul 14, 2016
Stay away from those guys. They are very popular in South Africa, but for some reasons unknown to me, thry disregard their Nigerian customers.

I bought a domain from from them (only 3k), it took me 2 day for it to get activated (after I sent them a lot of emails and open tickets). Then it took another two weeks before their servar was working well. Each time you log into my website, you get a Error 500 and Error 304 page beacsue their .htaccess file is corrupt.

Then one day someone made a complain about my website (an enemy of mine) and because they are prejudic, they pul it down! My website gone, the domain is saying I registered with them so I can't even reclaim it for another year and 90 days. I contacted them challenging their action and demaning a refune plus they free my uniqe domain name. They where shy to reply and instead remove my account from their cliant list. If I try to login to their cliant area, it says my email address is not registered.

They have prejudic against Nigerians. I want to report them to cunsumer protection agency. THEY ARE FRAUD!
Re: Pls How Genuine Is WEB4AFRICA? by web4africa: 4:46am On Jul 15, 2016
okoro2much:
Stay away from those guys. They are very popular in South Africa, but for some reasons unknown to me, thry disregard their Nigerian customers.

I bought a domain from from them (only 3k), it took me 2 day for it to get activated (after I sent them a lot of emails and open tickets). Then it took another two weeks before their servar was working well. Each time you log into my website, you get a Error 500 and Error 304 page beacsue their .htaccess file is corrupt.

Then one day someone made a complain about my website (an enemy of mine) and because they are prejudic, they pul it down! My website gone, the domain is saying I registered with them so I can't even reclaim it for another year and 90 days. I contacted them challenging their action and demaning a refune plus they free my uniqe domain name. They where shy to reply and instead remove my account from their cliant list. If I try to login to their cliant area, it says my email address is not registered.

They have prejudic against Nigerians. I want to report them to cunsumer protection agency. THEY ARE FRAUD!

Noted. See https://www.nairaland.com/3227400/dealing-abusive-domains
Re: Pls How Genuine Is WEB4AFRICA? by Wilpat: 2:40am On Jul 27, 2016
Chinenye123:

Sorry about that have you called them?

Hey Chinenye, Just got to sign into Nairaland after almost a year. Yes the issue got sorted out after some more days. I guess they just take their sweet time in securing your domain purchases
Re: Pls How Genuine Is WEB4AFRICA? by Wilpat: 2:40am On Jul 27, 2016
eliteweb:

Every business has its up and down just like W4A but i no they're not fraudulent.

Just try and write to them again, I believe you will get your issue sorted out.

I have over 20 domains registered with them.

Hey, I Just got to sign into Nairaland after almost a year. Yes the issue got sorted out after some more days. I guess they just take their sweet time in securing your domain purchases

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Is Qservers.net Webhost? / Nigerian Tutoring App Tuteria Wins UK Engineering Award / How To Configure W3 Total Cache Plugin and increase your website speed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.