Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,270 members, 7,815,455 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

How To Fix All SD Card Errors (Details with Screenshots) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Fix All SD Card Errors (Details with Screenshots) (4941 Views)

Whatsapp To Introduce "Admin Super Powers" On Its Next Update (screenshots) / Over 1 Million Downloaded Fake Whatsapp! Checkout If You Are Among- Screenshots / Share Your Glo Free Data Day Experience Screenshots (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Fix All SD Card Errors (Details with Screenshots) by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 1:14pm On Jul 15, 2016
Hello fellow Nairalanders, It's being a while now, i heard many issues on how to fix SD cards Errors like

Memory card not formatted, Memory card formatted unexpectedly , Not seeing the SD card at all Unable to access any file on your SD Card and other SD cards Errors..............................

The Goodnews is that, I'm here to help you fix all sort of SD cards Errors [/b]within a minutes

[b]Lets go

[size=14pt]
Fixing Corrupt SD Memory Cards & Photo,video and files Recovery[/size]

With the advent of latest digital device models, storage requirements are also getting extended due to unlimited downloads of images, HD images, etc. from internet and video recording storage all the time. Therefore, SD cards have become the most convenient mode for portable data storage devices. This generation of SD cards provides good read/write speeds along with considerable space at minimal cost; due to which, today's devices are faster in speed along with higher capacities. SD cards are the primary source that makes the storage, portable in various devices such as smartphones, tablets, digital cameras, and many other devices.

Yes, your SD card got corrupt if it has any of these symptoms!

[b] Most of the photos on your SD cards is missing.
When you try to read the SD card through a system, no folder appears, or all the folders do not open and show error messages, 'Read / Write error on SD card' that indicates that it cannot read from the device.
You are getting error messages saying that 'memory card error' or 'corrupt memory card' while trying to access your precious photos or videos stored on the card.
You can see the contents of your SD card in your camera as well as in your system, but unable to copy these contents and get an error message that disk is "write-protected."
Your SD card is recognized by your PC, but you are unable to see any stored photo or video, and it shows the message 'SD card is not formatted do you want to format it now.'

Whenever your SD card gets corrupt, there is no guarantee that you will always recover your data back. In the case of physical damage, you may not be able to repair it, but a software error can be tackled in some simple ways.[/b]

Wait! Have you tried any of these First Aids/Handy fixes before going further?

Determine the type of your SD card; then it may require an SDHC device to read it. At times, some devices like readers and cameras may need software download to read the SDHC cards. Therefore, go to the device manufacturer's website and find out whether such an upgrade is needed or not.

Fix 1 - At times, some of the devices may not read an SD card, therefore, try to connect your SD card to another device.

Fix 2 - Insert the affected card into a card reader and connect it to your system. Click on the "Start" option from your Windows taskbar and then select the "Computer" option. Search for your SD card under "Devices with Removable Storage" and note the drive letter assigned.

Next, click the "Start" option again and type "cmd" in the "search" box. Right-click "cmd" and then select the "Run as administrator" option. A command window opens, and you can fix your corrupt memory card from here.Next, type "chkdsk" followed by the drive letter corresponding to the SD card, then by a colon and /f. After you press "enter", the Chkdsk will check for possible errors and try to fix the corrupt SD card. Follow the subsequent message prompts. Lastly, check your assigned drive letter to your SD card to verify if the files are recovered or not.

Fix 3 - Connect your SD card to a card reader to the system, if your system doesn't assign a new drive letter to it, then it isn't reading it. In some cases, the reader might be assigned a drive letter, but still, you get the message "Please insert the disk into drive E:" indicating that it isn't reading the card. To resolve this problem assign a new drive letter to this connected Card through your operating system settings.

Fix 4 - If none of the files can be read, then possibly the directory will list the filenames, but the files can't be accessed. You can right-click on the drive letter and select "Properties." If you can view the used space on the card and if it shows all or almost all free space, then either all the files have been deleted, or the directory has been erased. In this case, you can use a Sandisk inbuilt solution that might restore all the deleted files easily.

Fix 5 - If you can read all the files but can't save them, then your card might be in write protected mode. Unlock the switch to save or modify files on the card.

If still, you are unable to read or write to the card, then possibly your files are lost or have become inaccessible. To fix it, you need to use a disk diagnostic tool that can work on memory cards too. Although you can also get access to your card by reformatting it, it will remove everything on the card. Therefore, make sure you have recovered all the stored files and copied everything to another drive before SD Card format.

In the case of camera or Smartphone you need to use an SD card Recovery software as most of the files stored on your SD card will be related to photos and other media files. There are some sd card recovery tools available online which are efficient enough to avail you the best and accurate recovery results. You just need to choose the right tool and try to restore your lost, deleted and inaccessible files from the SD card.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Fix All SD Card Errors (Details with Screenshots) by Raydos: 1:16pm On Jul 15, 2016
Re: How To Fix All SD Card Errors (Details with Screenshots) by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 1:21pm On Jul 15, 2016
If any of the above fixing didn't work,
Just download Icare data Recovery from play store on your PC or android phone the click on Deep scan recovery to recover your files Then you good to go !!!

Screenshot bellow

Re: How To Fix All SD Card Errors (Details with Screenshots) by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 1:31pm On Jul 15, 2016
after Successfully Recover your Files, photos,Music and Videos , Just proceed by downloading SDformatter v4.0 from google on your PC or Android phone then try formatting with it the Click on format .....Lobatan...Your Memory card is Back !!!!

Re: How To Fix All SD Card Errors (Details with Screenshots) by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 1:34pm On Jul 15, 2016
Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Is Cloud getting more popular than SD card

Answer:

The SD card market is flooded with cheap and off-brand cards on various sources. There are many SD cards that claim of higher capacity than they are.
A file system that is unreliable, slow, and doesn't need user permissions to open
SD cards are comparatively slower and unreliable than memory chips.
Cloud storage is better than these portable storage devices as they offer better storage options due to which cloud storage is becoming a more viable and easier to use storage source all the time.
Data streaming and cloud storage make big money
SD card also takes physical space in the devices
Bigger storage options on the phone make more money

Q: I am unable to format my 16 GB SD card. It is showing a message to reformat it again. What should I do now?

Answer: At first, try to change the card reader or connect it to a different device. If still there's an issue, your card has become corrupt, and you may need recovery software to recover data.

Q: How to transfer photos from my phone to my external SD card?

Answer: Go to the file manager options on your phone. From there copy your photos and paste it to your external SD card. Then delete from the original location.

Q: Can I recover raw photos from the corrupt SD card?

Answer: Yes, with Stellar Phoenix Photo Recovery Software, you can recover RAW pictures from all types of SD cards

Q: What should I do after I get error message 'SD card not formatted' while inserting SD card on Camera?

Answer: Try to format your SD card in the camera itself if you are ok with losing any pre-existing records. If still not solved, then try the SD card formatting software to format it but to recover your data back, try using Stellar Phoenix.

Q: My Camera is giving the message "memory card locked" when I insert SD card into it.

Answer: Please check with the lock switch on the SD card. Correct it and then again re-insert.

Q: SD card is not being recognized by PC. What can I do now?

Answer: SD cards not being recognized, can be a result of many factors. Recheck the connections. Sometimes cleaning the card reader slot solves the issue. Otherwise, a driver update for your card reader can be the solution. For updating, go to the "Device Manager" section from the task bar of your PC. From there, update the driver online. An another reason can be due to the broken/corrupt card.

Q: Can I also recover my word, excel document using SD card recovery software?

Answer: No, SD card recovery software i.e. Stellar Phoenix Photo Recovery software recovers only Photos, Videos, & Music files from hard drive, SD Card, Flash Memory Cards, Pen Drive or any other external storage media.
Re: How To Fix All SD Card Errors (Details with Screenshots) by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 2:02pm On Jul 15, 2016
[size=15pt]Let me stop here for now, Feel free to ask anything you don't Understand [/size]
Re: How To Fix All SD Card Errors (Details with Screenshots) by rezzy: 10:46am On Aug 31, 2016
ADEWUMIMichael:
[size=15pt]Let me stop here for now, Feel free to ask anything you don't Understand [/size]

I can't find icare data recovery on playstore
Re: How To Fix All SD Card Errors (Details with Screenshots) by CellTabRepairs: 10:23am On Feb 15, 2017
Nice one...

cool(Check out Image, click my name!) cool

Good day Tech support lovers...and those willing to learn;

For expertise, YOU CAN'T finish reading this resource from page A-Z and not become an established standard tech-support guru! Service based tech support business remains the easiest, most lucrative venture for an economy in recession! Your CAPITAL IS YOUR KNOWLEDGE & SKILL!

Go and Get(INVEST IN) the 2016 bestselling " Mobile Phones and Tablets Repairs : A Complete Guide for Beginners and Professionals " from Amazon marketplaces, Barnes & Noble, eBay etc. Everybody owns a phone today and that's an inexhaustible demand market. Cheaper rates Now@ all marketplaces!

*****Click My Name, $ee Image*****
Re: How To Fix All SD Card Errors (Details with Screenshots) by daniska3yaro(m): 12:48am On Nov 21, 2017
@op thanks a lot.
Re: How To Fix All SD Card Errors (Details with Screenshots) by Freeko4: 10:01pm On Feb 01, 2019
Nice one
Re: How To Fix All SD Card Errors (Details with Screenshots) by Liposure: 6:25pm On May 31, 2020
emperorsversion, from ashewo thread. About dat edo babe contact
Re: How To Fix All SD Card Errors (Details with Screenshots) by emperorsversion(m): 7:13pm On May 31, 2020
Liposure:
emperorsversion, from ashewo thread. About dat edo babe contact

you dey Edo state?
Re: How To Fix All SD Card Errors (Details with Screenshots) by Liposure: 7:56pm On May 31, 2020
emperorsversion:

you dey Edo state?
yes
Re: How To Fix All SD Card Errors (Details with Screenshots) by emperorsversion(m): 8:00pm On May 31, 2020
Liposure:
yes

Okay mention me on a dead thread.. make k send you the number there

(1) (Reply)

TECNO L8: Hios Is Starting - What Does It Mean? / Brand New Samsung A30 For Sale / I'm Tired With MTN Ripping My Data Off! I Need Help!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.