Stats: 3,151,403 members, 7,812,185 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:45 AM

NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals (10043 Views)

Military Destroys Illegal Refineries In Okrika, Rivers State (photos) / JTF Destroys 3 Illegal Refineries In Niger Delta / Navy Destroys 40 Illegal Refineries, Arrests Operators In Delta (2) (3) (4)

Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by yahmohy27: 10:23am On Jul 16, 2016
perojelly:
Why destroy them, why not add them up and put them under government supervision
In fact I don't know what government's thinking is undecided
Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by Joarams(m): 10:26am On Jul 16, 2016
AngryNigerian:
This is...& will keep being our problem in Naija! Why not we find a way to reform d scenario to sound like..."Govt discovers 110 crude mini-refineries; to give soft loans to owners, regulate & monitor the process for improved performance"?!

Have we 4 once bothered to ask why the illegal (zinc, gold, bauxite, silver, etc) miners up there in the North are not evn chased about, let alone being arrested?

The journalists. The readers too. Everyone wants sensational headlines.
Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by emiye(m): 10:28am On Jul 16, 2016
shellman:
Giving them licences to produce adulterated products to damage equipment&knocking vehicles' engines just like adulterated drugs sending people to early graves?
Pardon their shallow thinking. From what i heard most of the outputs of those refineries can not be used in a car, it is at best used in motor bikes. One of the reasons why our refineries are also failing is that pipelines carrying crude oil to those refineries are damaged by vandals along the line by crude oil thieves.

Anytime illegal refineries is mentioned, they always scream encourage them gullibly. Is it river water that they are refining in those illegal refineries? mtseew.
Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by tushbobo(m): 10:28am On Jul 16, 2016
Those illegal refineries use drums and boil the crude oil in a manner detrimental to the health and environment. The logistics,funds and ownership issues will not allow the government work with the operators. That's a fact.

Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by shamecurls(m): 10:32am On Jul 16, 2016
Bibors:
When I say some people don't have brains now, some people from some ruling part of the country will start making noise.
Illegal refineries were discovered, you couldn't seal it off for a while and then issue licences to them , you went ahead to destroy them and you still import petroleum products at an exorbitant rate.
Well done Ogas at the Top.

Chai!

So illegal arm dealers should be issued licenses too?

Sigh......

Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by junnyjake(m): 10:33am On Jul 16, 2016
emiye:
What has this question got to do with stealing crude oil? Vandalising pipelines? Polluting the envt?.. When pipelines are vandalised in bid to steal crude oil, even the Nations refinery will fail.

Crude oil pipelines are laid to refinery spots

I for one don't support the vandalisms. Fact.
Don't you think the government can in anyway turn the tables by creating legit refineries out of these already illegal ones, so they wouldn't have to steal the crude oil as you rightly put it?
Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by AngryNigerian(m): 10:33am On Jul 16, 2016
emiye:
Illegal refineries and pipeline vandalism goes hand in hand. No sane govt will encourage illegal refinery.

You can only refine crude oil that is stolen in an illegal refinery. To steal crude oil, you will have to vandalise pipelines

So...what do you have to say about the hundreds of illegal miners in Zamfara & other states
Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by damon222: 10:34am On Jul 16, 2016
AngryNigerian:
This is...& will keep being our problem in Naija! Why not we find a way to reform d scenario to sound like..."Govt discovers 110 crude mini-refineries; to give soft loans to owners, regulate & monitor the process for improved performance"?!

Have we 4 once bothered to ask why the illegal (zinc, gold, bauxite, silver, etc) miners up there in the North are not evn chased about, let alone being arrested?
I just pity those minority Izons. These stupid corps must have arrested innocent fishermen and women and described them as vandals.
Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by emiye(m): 10:37am On Jul 16, 2016
AngryNigerian:

So...what do you have to say about the hundreds of illegal miners in Zamfara & other states
Many have died of lead poisoning.

There are illegal miners all over Nigeria. No point using the North card. There are attempts to nip illegal miners in the bud, some at best feeble.
Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by upuphim(m): 10:40am On Jul 16, 2016
Is this not ridiculous? FG has no functional refineries. The poor man looking for survival, was able to set up refinery and you are destroying it. NDSDC, this is not commendable. Apart from impoverishing these people, you are equally making a threat of our ife with pollution of the air and destruction of fertility of the farmland. Should I talk of contribution to global warming?

FG don't destroy what you don't have. Are you no longer encouraging local production? Please legalise these illegal refineries. Make money from it to boost Nigeria economy. Investigators are finding it difficult to come to Nigeria because of epileptic power supply.

Once more, LEGALISE THESE LOCAL REFINERIES FG, please.
Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by damon222: 10:45am On Jul 16, 2016
LilSmith55:
and our problems continues
I was in Warri yesterday ie Friday. I came face to face with one of worst trafic jams in warri. I just pity those south south people. When I asked what was the problem, I was told that the hold up was from the refinery. That the tankers who are loading are the cause of this hold up. Then I ask myself '' what are the people Deltans (Warri) benefiting from this suffering? The entire country is here loading fuel, causing more than a week trafic jam, yet, nothing to show for it. All the ''headquarters of all oil companies, Banks, governments etc. are located outside Warri yet they all ONLy visit Warri to TAKE OUT. It is well.
Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by damon222: 10:46am On Jul 16, 2016
LilSmith55:
and our problems continues
I was in Warri yesterday ie Friday. I came face to face with one of worst trafic jams in warri. I just pity those south south people. When I asked what was the problem, I was told that the hold up was from the refinery. That the tankers who are loading are the cause of this hold up. Then I ask myself '' what are the people Deltans (Warri) benefiting from this suffering? The entire country is here loading fuel, causing more than a week trafic jam, yet, nothing to show for it. All the ''headquarters of all oil companies, Banks, governments etc. are located outside Warri yet they all ONLy visit Warri to TAKE OUT. It is well sha.
Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by emiye(m): 10:46am On Jul 16, 2016
junnyjake:

I for one don't support the vandalisms. Fact.
Don't you think the government can in anyway turn the tables by creating legit refineries out of these already illegal ones, so they wouldn't have to steal the crude oil as you rightly put it?
No they cant. Environmental Impact Assessment of those illegal refineries can not pass.

Illegal refineries is a big detriment to legal refineries. Those nincompoos are damaging crude oil pipelines to steal crude oil and then refine illegally. Attack on the nations crude oil pipeline is likely an attack on the nations refinery.

http://venturesafrica.com/heres-how-the-recent-pipeline-attacks-will-affect-nigeria/Following an attack by militants on Bonny – Okrika crude supply line to the Port Harcourt refinery and the Escravos-Warri crude supply line to the Kaduna refinery, the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) has announced the shutdown down of these two refineries .
Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by junnyjake(m): 10:50am On Jul 16, 2016
emiye:
No they cant. Environmental Impact Assessment of those illegal refineries can not pass.

Illegal refineries is a big detriment to legal refineries. Those nincompoos are damaging crude oil pipelines to steal crude oil and then refine illegally. Attack on the nations crude oil pipeline is likely an attack on the nations refinery.

thanks for the info
Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by brojoshua: 10:51am On Jul 16, 2016
Good and let jobs also be provided for many of the job seekers who want to do legal and right jobs and let conducive environment also be provided for (private) businesses to flourish. Thank u.
Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by irumanle(m): 10:56am On Jul 16, 2016
AngryNigerian:

You nailed it all with your last sentence. There will always be breach of peace as long as injustice is being seen as an advantage to those benefiting from it.

Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 16, 2016
AngryNigerian:

the real question is why are nigerians in love with unregulated business? i'm sure you have seen pictures of the so called 'refineries'. ecological disasters, and major accidents waiting to happen.

the illegal mining in the north lead to serious lead poisoning incidents some years back in some villages in zamafara, if i recall correctly. thats what this illegal mining causes.
Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by Chylo(m): 10:57am On Jul 16, 2016
The truth is that illegal refineries are detrimental to the nation at large. The argument of some people here is like "why close down illegal drug manufacturers?" Why not give them license to produce the drugs since we are still importing drugs? That is ignorance talking. It will kill a lot of people because it is not standardized. They lack the education and training to do it properly. They steal the raw resources they use. They produce sub-standard products.

Mining and refining are two different things. Illegal mining takes resources and ingenuity. I haven't seen a news where illegal drilling of oil in your backyard has been penalized (I may be wrong). Because if you have the know-how to extract oil from the ground, you deserve at least some commendation; same as mining of raw minerals. Perhaps an oil co could hire you. These "refineries" though are nothing more than boiling stolen crude in drums and condensing the kerosene+petrol+diesel gas mixture to sell. No wonder so many stories of exploding cooking stove and engines.
Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by sanfranka2(m): 10:58am On Jul 16, 2016
oya make we clap for una say una don destroy am... Chai.. small time petrol go clock 245 ... naija! naija! naija! how many times I call you?
Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by Tpharell: 11:01am On Jul 16, 2016
Please let's stop using the word refinery to describe heating of stolen crude in the most environmentally unfriendly manner ever imaginable to produce completely "off spec" equipment destroying products. These activities don't qualify as refining

Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 16, 2016
Why don't pmb give them licences and convert them to legal refineries operation?
Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by Chylo(m): 11:27am On Jul 16, 2016
Love Machine:
Why don't pmb give them licences and convert them to legal refineries operation?

Why not give armed robbers uniform and convert them to police officers? grin grin
Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by yjgm(m): 11:27am On Jul 16, 2016
The man doing the gallant job. Kudos to him, vandals are having a torrid time.

Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 16, 2016
Bibors:
When I say some people don't have brains now, some people from some ruling part of the country will start making noise.
Illegal refineries were discovered, you couldn't seal it off for a while and then issue licences to them , you went ahead to destroy them and you still import petroleum products at an exorbitant rate.
When u hear illegal refineries, do u think it is actually a refinery with equipment and standard machine. Wat these guys do u destroy pipeline, steal crude oil, over heat the oil and extra PMS and probably kerosene, then throw away the remaining products. These refineries are not actually refineries, and the people don't buy the crude oil, they steal it, so it's illegal and they sud be arrested, I know someone that has lost his life during bunkering. It's not as easy as u think it is.
Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 16, 2016
Chylo:

Why not give armed robbers uniform and convert them to police officers? grin grin
Do you like the way our crude oil is being exported to other countries to refine and imported back into the country and sell at ridiculous prices?The oil marketers will sometimes gang up against Nigerians to halt importation until their selfish demands are met.Is that what you like?
Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 16, 2016
MrTruth4real:

When u hear illegal refineries, do u think it is actually a refinery with equipment and standard machine. Wat these guys do u destroy pipeline, steal crude oil, over heat the oil and extra PMS and probably kerosene, then throw away the remaining products. These refineries are not actually refineries, and the people don't buy the crude oil, they steal it, so it's illegal and they sud be arrested, I know someone that has lost his life during bunkering. It's not as easy as u think it is.
What about the illegal miners up north.Nobody is challenging them.
Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by AngryNigerian(m): 12:27pm On Jul 16, 2016
irumanle:
You nailed it all with your last sentence. There will always be breach of peace as long as injustice is being seen as an advantage to those benefiting from it.

Gbammm! I wish I knew you, so I could celebrate you with a good chicken soup & something "good" to wash it down!

I don't blame people that can't c beyond the veil of politics, optimism & "the bandwaggon effect". You need to be wit these pple to see the quality of life they have been condemned to manage with!

When injustice gets to a point that the suppressed dont care anymore (as we c with the bombings, IPOB, etc), then you (governing class) r in for a long ride!!!
Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by ican2020: 12:32pm On Jul 16, 2016
The Commandant General of the NSCDC, Abdullahi Gana just got great award as the Most Foolish Black Man that ever lived
Congratulation Abdullahi Gana the zombie himself
Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by AngryNigerian(m): 12:39pm On Jul 16, 2016
Love Machine:
What about the illegal miners up north.Nobody is challenging them.

No...nobody questions that!!! Why!!! Why have we been so caged!!!

Please, I never said it's okay...& govt isn right to correct the trend! Never!!! All i'm proposing is simple:
1: What is good for the goose is good 4 the gander
2: Cant we harvest their ingenuity in any way possible...& find out why they do it (notwithstanding the dangers, arrest, etc, which is a sign of 'being pushed to the wall') & how it all started, & then set up plans aimed @ absorbing them and utilizing their energy & zeal!!!

It's simple: - The wicked class up there wont let us down here get there, or be free to talk, & expres our talents & drives because if they do, then we've been liberated...& they lose their grip on us!!! But history has proven that it doesnt last...the only problem is that another set of gluttons will take over the space!!!
Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by yolanda233(m): 12:46pm On Jul 16, 2016
Bibors:
Bunch of idiots,we advised that those illegal refineries be organized into cooperatives and funded to increase production

Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by Chylo(m): 12:52pm On Jul 16, 2016
Love Machine:
Do you like the way our crude oil is being exported to other countries to refine and imported back into the country and sell at ridiculous prices?The oil marketers will sometimes gang up against Nigerians to halt importation until their selfish demands are met.Is that what you like?

Do you like the way we keep importing drugs? Why not give license to illegal drug makers to supply us sufficient quantity of panadol. grin grin
Can you see how your argument sounds? Yes, we are in a bad situation of importation, but the solution is not to encourage illegal activities. If they know what they are doing, they should apply for legal license and if they qualify, then they can build their refinery. I have a friend burnt from kerosene stove explosion because of improper kerosene product. I pray you never fall victim.
Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 16, 2016
why not make the illegal legal and curb this unemployment

Military Continues Operations Against Criminal, Militant Elements In Niger Delta / Subsidy Palliatives: What Have You Received From Your Governor? / Nigerians: Cameroon Troops Burned Our Village, Forced Us Out- Associated Press

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69