Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,340 members, 7,819,200 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? (37054 Views)

Oshiomhole To Take On Tinubu So You Can Understand Whose Poodle Your Edo Gov Is / When Is Tinubu Going To Be Probed? Check Out His Oriental Hotel: / Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by johntolu: 1:48am On Jul 17, 2016
[color=#000099][/color]
TonyeBarcanista:
Jagaban is the most influential political figure as long as Nigeria is concerned.

As Governor, he was an astute performer(the best in Lagos history). He is a very intelligent man that developed a workable blueprint upon which his successors are building on.

As a politician, his rise can NEVER be attributed to luck or favor, he worked his way and paid his dues. Virtually ALL prominent SW political figures in both parties were either his protégés or once upon a time followers eg Jimi Agbaje.

Despite being in PDP, I respect him so much, and see him as a political mentor. My dream is to retire him from politics

Long Live The Jagaban

Barcanista, I wish you all the best in your ambition to retire Asiwaju from active politics. grin undecided cheesy
Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by MIKOLOWISKA: 1:51am On Jul 17, 2016
Knowledge9000:
I don't think he is powerful is just that Yoruba and Hausa-Fulani tend to be very demure and respectful to someone in their societies who has risen above board notwithstanding if he or she is right or wrong...they will be loyal to that person. The cultural reverence that come with the throne of Obas, Onis and Emirs also makes it easier for them to control the people. With Igbos...it's impossible as they are not used to having powerful people! Igbo society is naturally and culturally an egalitarian society....everyone is equal! Have you heard of a powerful Igbo man before? Lol. The only way you will be powerful to Igbos is if you are fighting for their freedom...as in Ojukwu and Nnamdi Kanu, then you are talking otherwise you are just an ordinary person no matter your wealth and political clout.
so what was Chris Uba during ngigegate. chopped liver ba
Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by MIKOLOWISKA: 1:56am On Jul 17, 2016
Almajiri1:

The nigerian situation is most pitiable. Somethings has to change.
who will change it, you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by Sweetlemon(f): 1:56am On Jul 17, 2016
raumdeuter:

WHy would any man be seeking another mans agreement to do what he wants? If you are man enough you go ahead, relocate everyone back to your region and secede. Its only effeminate wrapper tying men who seek another mans approval before doing what he desires

Epic! grin grin grin
Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by ba7man(m): 7:00am On Jul 17, 2016
Izonpikin:
tinubu is who he is because of robots like you in lagos. ..slaves....gullible educated people... cheesy
If the Niger Delta had a "Tinubu", you guys would have had some of the best ongoing projects in Nigeria e.g. Eko Atlantic, The light rail,etc and the best IGR in Nigeria.

You prefer militants so you have pipeline bombings, oil bunkering and gun running millitants as your Tinubus.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by Izonpikin: 7:40am On Jul 17, 2016
ba7man:
If the Niger Delta had a "Tinubu", you guys would have had some of the best ongoing projects in Nigeria e.g. Eko Atlantic, The light rail,etc and the best IGR in Nigeria.

You prefer militants so you have pipeline bombings, oil bunkering and gun running millitants as your Tinubus.
we don't need a tinubu....tinubu would never be able to manage an oil producing region....no way...

Tinubu is reaping you robots off your taxes...He is an opportunist. ..We don't need people like that in the Niger delta...

The Niger delta is way too complex for people like tinubu...In the Niger delta we produce the likes of sarowiwa not tinubu who would rather go kiss the azzz of buhari or afraid of regionalism. ..nonsense...
Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by ba7man(m): 7:44am On Jul 17, 2016
Izonpikin:
we don't need a tinubu....tinubu would never be able to manage an oil producing region....no way...

Tinubu is reaping you robots off your taxes...He is an opportunist. ..We don't need people like that in the Niger delta...

The Niger delta is way too complex for people like tinubu...In the Niger delta we produce the likes of sarowiwa not tinubu who would rather go kiss the azzz of buhari or afraid of regionalism. ..nonsense...
But you think the millitants and their sponsors are doing a good job of managing the region?

Your region receives similar amounts compared to Lagos state but what happens to it?

With people like him pulling the strings, you should have similar or even better projects than any witnessed in Lagos without debt.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by Izonpikin: 7:49am On Jul 17, 2016
ba7man:
But you think the millitants and their sponsors are doing a good job of managing the region?

Your region receives similar amounts compared to Lagos state but what happens to it?

With people like him pulling the strings, you should have similar or even better projects than any witnessed in Lagos without debt.
that's what you think....The Niger delta is different from the south weSt. ...don't you get it....tinubu can not have such amount of strong hold in a diverse Niger delta...naaa
Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by GirlAfrik(f): 10:14am On Jul 17, 2016
nicedas:
I am full apc brand supporter, but, i will disown dino the day he apologises to that ashawo, kogites are not cowards.
Your choice of word is so inappropriate. why would you call her that? You are an idiot. These APC people sef, una no get talk for mouth
Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by GirlAfrik(f): 10:17am On Jul 17, 2016
mightyhaze:
Tinubu is powerful cos the average yoruba has slave mentality. They ok being herded about like sheep
This is so true
Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by refreshrate: 10:28am On Jul 17, 2016
anigbajumo:

Obviously u don't understand the content... Nobody is talking about his financial position here but his influence in Nigeria's politics, political role and ability to stand with Justice nd equity when it is vital. Even though the Economy is badt am still given out to those who move closer to me nd am living fyn....

Am less concern about financial status of Tinubu as far as he is not feeding me.

Justice equity Tinubu in one statement to approve him?

I give up.
Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by seguun(m): 2:52pm On Jul 17, 2016
Knowledge9000:
I don't think he is powerful is just that Yoruba and Hausa-Fulani tend to be very demure and respectful to someone in their societies who has risen above board notwithstanding if he or she is right or wrong...they will be loyal to that person. The cultural reverence that come with the throne of Obas, Onis and Emirs also makes it easier for them to control the people. With Igbos...it's impossible as they are not used to having powerful people! Igbo society is naturally and culturally an egalitarian society....everyone is equal! Have you heard of a powerful Igbo man before? Lol. The only way you will be powerful to Igbos is if you are fighting for their freedom...as in Ojukwu and Nnamdi Kanu, then you are talking otherwise you are just an ordinary person no matter your wealth and political clout.

You are actually mixing things up...there is a difference between been objective and been sentimental as an ethnic group. While been objective means a people will follow you after a careful observation and analysis that you actually mean well. The moment you start to derail from been progressive, you are immediately discarded and the same people will turn against you even if it means supporting a 'no body' against you. In other words, their support for you is not because you are their king or because you are rich and influential, they give you their support simply because you are doing what is sensibly right.

While in the other side of the coin, you secure a permanent support from them the moment you are able to constantly oil their ethnic or religious sentiment.. but the moment you try to be rational with them you immediately start facing rejection.
Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by mightyhaze: 4:49pm On Jul 17, 2016
hundredhunndred:
[s][/s]

Splashing smelly spits everywhere shows you are pained. Typical Iboeman and stats, which best standard of living do you have? You are all born to lie and believe your own lies, you have no shame that you all lie for a living. You run away daily from your cursed land to other region just to sell gala in traffic yet you beating your hairy dry chest.

The Ijaws even have more relevance than you noisemakers, you can go kill yourself if you hate the truth. Lol
shaddap dia!
Better ppl dey tok dis primary 2 pupil still dey wan tok.

I gat neither the time nor patience for ur type.

Sheeple cheesy
Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by hundredhunndred: 5:12pm On Jul 17, 2016
mightyhaze:
shaddap dia!
Better ppl dey tok dis primary 2 pupil still dey wan tok.

I gat neither the time nor patience for ur type.

Sheeple cheesy

Gala seller spewing trash as usual. Go back to school cos you are a disgrace to your sponsor.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by alphaking(m): 5:31pm On Jul 17, 2016
I hate him , but I respect him die
omenka:
He has paid his dues. He single handedly ensured the survival of the opposition in Nigeria when the PDP tsunami of 2003 swept across the South West. Dude ensured Lagos didn't fall and from then launched a campaign that would see to the recapturing of the SW, ultimately resulting in what we have today.

Tinubu is no saint, but you just gotta respect his political astuteness. Hell of a sage.
Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by amanikondo: 10:05pm On Jul 17, 2016
Knowledge9000:

Agbari Ojukwu powerful? The boy wey run leave his clan when the going gets tough grin grin grin They deceive yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by oyatz(m): 11:34am On Dec 02, 2017
You have a good understanding of Nigeria societies.

Knowledge9000:
Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by visvenirecords: 8:45am On Jul 30, 2018
ndidibabe:
I understand he was once a Senator of the FRN and a former Governor of Lagos State. However, he isn't the only one to have occupied such positions.

Jonathan was a Governor and also a president. Yet, i don't think that he is as powerful as Tinubu. Since Johnathan left office, he rarely makes the news headline.

Ahmed Tinubu controls today's senate despite not holding any political office. This is evident by the way he unsettles the Senate President and his Vice(na Melaye say na him dey on top of their matter o).

Anyone knows the reason behind Tinubu's power?

Trust afonjas for their diabolic powers...
Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by ndidibabe(f): 10:56am On Jul 30, 2018
Jaymaxxy:
Firstly, he was the only southwest governor that survived the "umbrella revolution" of 2003. Others like Bisi Akande, Lam Adesina, Segun Osoba, couldn't secure a second term nod. So being the only AD governor then made him so popular.

Furthermore, as at the time when people think Jagaban would bow for Obasanjo's pressure, he held his ground and he was steadfast with his progressive ideology.

Not that alone, Tinubu was able to nurture and finance AD (which later turned AC and then ACN) for a one state party in 2003 to a party that controls 6 states and then forming a formidable opposition against the then ruling party in 2011.

While spreading his political tentacles, I think a major factor that has been helping him is the fact that he will never support mediocrity at the expense of merit. He has the best brains as far as politics of naija is concerned. Fashola, Fayemi, Amobode, Muiz Banire, Abiola Ajimobi, Fowler, Abike Dabiri, Femi Gbajabiamila, Aregbesola, Jide Omoworare, Ibikunle Amosun etc. The list is just endless. I think Asiwaju is not just developing himself, he is grooming other young boys. This will make him so relevant for long. Hmm, l fear this guy called Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by swaggerjack: 2:28am On Mar 07, 2022
Easyruns:
I wonder why people are singing is praise...They are one of the Nigerian big men who practice the occultism which have destroyed this nation........
All of them do it. He is not an exception.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

2019: Peter Obi Storms Pastor Tunde Bakare's Church With Dele Momodu (photos) / Adamu Garba: For The North To Secede From Nigeria, Is Not A Bad Thing / Youths Destroy Pius Anyim's Statue In Ebonyi State (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.