Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,457 members, 7,819,669 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? (37060 Views)

Oshiomhole To Take On Tinubu So You Can Understand Whose Poodle Your Edo Gov Is / When Is Tinubu Going To Be Probed? Check Out His Oriental Hotel: / Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by wellmax(m): 1:09pm On Jul 16, 2016
Etogist:

You said my mind. Tinubu is nobody in Igbo land.

What a contrast. You people agree Tinubu is powerful in Nigeria but nobody in Igbo land. Is Igbo land in Jamaica? Because SE isn't APC's stronghold doesn't make him a nobody there.
Anyway you are just a nobody, why should I have taken you serious. Let Ekueme, Pius Ayim, Nwobodo or any of your 'leaders' say that, then I'll listen.

ACN won seats in IMO and Anambra, how many did APGA or PPA win in SW?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by tunderay(m): 1:09pm On Jul 16, 2016
raumdeuter:

In one mouth you say Yorubas are not letting you go, In the other post you are saying you would not relocate.

Is anyone more confused than you lots? We know you are scared of moving back to your cursed land, a land so barren that its red, a land so cursed that its people flee from it, A land that eats its people, A land where the inhabitants cannot excel unless they flee elsewhere.

Its not our fault, go and beg your chi to bless your land. I think its women that tie wrapper, I also know confused men with no cojones also tie wrapper. Do you also wear bra and lipsticks?
LMAO, you are a comedian with sense.
Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by Izonpikin: 1:11pm On Jul 16, 2016
vislabraye:
He took all the lands in Lagos State. The land for Lagos Poly is what he ussd. Eti Osa LG is now Tinubu's property. All the taxes in Lagos state goes to his pocket with the aid of his stooge governor. And yet people hail him . How can we allow one man to suppress us ?
It's an indictment on his foolish followers who give him so much power.
educated fools praising/ hailing Tinubu for eating their taxes...annoying black nigerians....slaves....nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by okpor2(m): 1:20pm On Jul 16, 2016
nicedas:
I am full apc brand supporter, but, i will disown dino the day he apologises to that ashawo, kogites are not cowards.
u try small but recall dat durin dlctin tribunal Dino said Tinubu was supportin smart Adeyemi nd days later heapologised?Y didn't u disown him then?
Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by Olabestonic001(m): 1:20pm On Jul 16, 2016
Izonpikin:
He rose so much high and strong because the average black nigerian is a slave and a gullible fool...who him epp...The guy has turned lagosians into slaves...If he goes to the toilet they are ready to wipe his azzzz off with a toilet roll..

In saner climes where people are independent and used to government working tinubu should be an ordinary leader or none at all...

This post goes to show that nigerian generally are used to and might never get to enjoy the dividends of being ruled by good leaders....slaves for life....

Make him carry him strongness and wisdom come stop NDA and the nigerian economy. . angry

And he couldn't deliver 55% vote for APC in the election? Stop making unfounded statements over there. To me, those who gave 70% and above to any party are the ones suffering from Acute Slave Mentality.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by ihearYou(m): 1:22pm On Jul 16, 2016
Knowledge9000:
I don't think he is powerful is just that Yoruba and Hausa-Fulani tend to be very demure and respectful to someone in their societies who has risen above board notwithstanding if he or she is right or wrong...they will be loyal to that person. The cultural reverence that come with the throne of Obas, Onis and Emirs also makes it easier for them to control the people. With Igbos...it's impossible as they are not used to having powerful people! Igbo society is naturally and culturally an egalitarian society....everyone is equal! Have you heard of a powerful Igbo man before? Lol. The only way you will be powerful to Igbos is if you are fighting for their freedom...as in Ojukwu and Nnamdi Kanu, then you are talking otherwise you are just an ordinary person no matter your wealth and political clout.

That is why d igbos are politically backward and will remain so.brigands and warlords cannot advance u politically.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by 7lives: 1:24pm On Jul 16, 2016
omenka:
He has paid his dues. He single handedly ensured the survival of the opposition in Nigeria when the PDP tsunami of 2003 swept across the South West. Dude ensured Lagos didn't fall and from then launched a campaign that would see to the recapturing of the SW, ultimately resulting in what we have today.

Tinubu is no saint, but you just gotta respect his political astuteness. Hell of a sage.

Wa gba iyi, opolo e ko de ni daru, iwo ati awa ti ajo n gbe oshuba fun Tinunbu, awa paapa a lenu bi machine gun lojo iwaju, nitori pe, bi omode ba mo owo we, a ba agba jeun.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by Ice007(m): 1:24pm On Jul 16, 2016
Knowledge9000:

We will not relocate for you lazy poos to reap where you didn't sow. We shall continue to own properties, businesses and even more in SW just as the Jews own properties and businesses in Europe, America, Asia, Australia and Africa. The expensive, exclusive areas of Lagos have Houses and plots predominately owned by the Igbos.

Double talk; na which one you really wan do?

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by Olabestonic001(m): 1:26pm On Jul 16, 2016
StOla:
Tinubu simply created foot soldiers who were trained to become generals of their own army, but whose loyalty is pledged to only Ceaser Tinubu. That way he casted his shadow on territories far from home, ensuring that his name will live as long as the foot soldiers continue to grow their own army.

He has also managed to fund his political family by enriching himself with funds derived from state sources , not by direct stealing like foolish governors who stole like they were invisible to the law, but by way of having his mouth in every pie, while employing his training as an accountant and experience as a treasurer in Mobil to keep within the framework of relevant laws.

I suspect that only Tinubu can successfully probe Tinubu.

I'm laffing myself off over here with that your last statement.
Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by chidozieikeji2: 1:26pm On Jul 16, 2016
Knowledge9000:
I don't think he is powerful is just that Yoruba and Hausa-Fulani tend to be very demure and respectful to someone in their societies who has risen above board notwithstanding if he or she is right or wrong...they will be loyal to that person. The cultural reverence that come with the throne of Obas, Onis and Emirs also makes it easier for them to control the people. With Igbos...it's impossible as they are not used to having powerful people! Igbo society is naturally and culturally an egalitarian society....everyone is equal! Have you heard of a powerful Igbo man before? Lol. The only way you will be powerful to Igbos is if you are fighting for their freedom...as in Ojukwu and Nnamdi Kanu, then you are talking otherwise you are just an ordinary person no matter your wealth and political clout.
myy broda talk to them if tinubu was an igbo man am not sure he can win a local govt igbos don't send or worship human being that's why we are the most progressive tribe in the whole naija just remove govt money and u will see yoruba and hausa beg on the streets

1 Like

Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by omenka(m): 1:27pm On Jul 16, 2016
7lives:

Wa gba iyi, opolo e ko de ni daru, iwo ati awa ti ajo n gbe oshuba fun Tinunbu, awa paapa a lenu bi machine gun lojo iwaju, nitori pe, bi omode ba mo owo we, a ba agba jeun.
Meaning
Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by Fourwinds: 1:27pm On Jul 16, 2016
OZAOEKPE:

You need to upgrade the version of your reasoning, its too ancient. don't call daddy to ban me son, learn to be a man with a thick skin
Someone gave u a good history behind Tinubu's relevance...U still came up with stu..pid response....nonsense dey smell

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by princetom1(m): 1:31pm On Jul 16, 2016
OZAOEKPE:

You need to upgrade the version of your reasoning, its too ancient. don't call daddy to ban me son, learn to be a man with a thick skin

Can u share ur own reason? I think he made 1 or 2 valid point. Lets hear Urs, modern

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by danidee10(m): 1:31pm On Jul 16, 2016
OZAOEKPE:

You sure say you well so

1 Like

Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by tibaonnet: 1:33pm On Jul 16, 2016
Whatever you might want to say whether Ahmed is powerful or not, he has the no 2 citizen of the country in his beck & call, also some higly rated Ministers & Legistlators (his proteges). Yet you generation of hatred doubt his influence on Nigeria polity. Tell me any individual in Nigeria who has as many political followers as Tinubu in Nigeria of today? He may be powerless tomorrow but as it is today politically Ahmed is powerful not just in the SW but in Nigeria.
Take it or leave it!

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by bluecircle470: 1:35pm On Jul 16, 2016
He knows wen to strike and not to strike. He knows wen to put every punctuation mark, tk it or leave it!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by banmee(m): 1:35pm On Jul 16, 2016
PureWays:
He's a smart man and he's been in the game for long.
To me, the smartest move he made was not to contest for any major Position in recent years rather he operates from beneath the Spotlight to put who ever he wants on Page hence making him more relevant than his Peers. He's like a Political Coach...

Though I think he's a corrupt man but to be sincere, he's too smart to be caught. I respect his astuteness.

Your comment exemplifies why he is so powerful. He is because Nigerians are unbelievably corrupt and they only respond to corrupt leaders. In a normal country, a virtuous leader will most likely be very powerful which is why Abraham Lincoln was and is adored in America till today. In Nigeria, a virtuous person is seen as a mugu.
Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by princetom1(m): 1:37pm On Jul 16, 2016
nicedas:
I am full apc brand supporter, but, i will disown dino the day he apologises to that ashawo, kogites are not cowards.

*Cough* Assuming that lady is ur wife or sister and Melaye truly utter those words, will u still reason this same way? Thank God i wasn't there, but Melaye seems guilty, plus his history with ladies. Woman are to be respected, either ur wife, mom, sister or not. God help us

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 16, 2016
Nna bros on the case.

Unfortunately for them, the best they produced is Peter obi, who went on to be a Ho for pdp.

Recognize game, empty headed inconsequential chest wankers.

Tinubu is light years ahead of the aspirations of your so called leaders

1 Like

Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by sammhi(m): 1:39pm On Jul 16, 2016
989900E:

So true (he is selfless to a large degree . . . not always about him), and he fought Abacha too.

No doubt, he is an astute politician, he might not be a saint, he might be particular about looking out for his interests (who doesn't), but he does that while looking out for the interests of those around him, and the masses too; like a 'win-win'.
He would have been a far better President than the current incubent president..
But due to where he came from ..he won't..too bad
He main weakness is greed..and that is what Landed all of us in where we are today...greed ...

1 Like

Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by princetom1(m): 1:40pm On Jul 16, 2016
Knowledge9000:

Yoruba...Igbos are not your mate. If you/yoruba are man enough...agree to separation and you will know who Igbos are.

How i wish all these legislooters and sinators will let us go our seperate ways. Nobody is bigger than the others. We all have people who are doing well in their respective field. Plssss
Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by sammhi(m): 1:40pm On Jul 16, 2016
989900E:

So true (he is selfless to a large degree . . . not always about him), and he fought Abacha too.

No doubt, he is an astute politician, he might not be a saint, he might be particular about looking out for his interests (who doesn't), but he does that while looking out for the interests of those around him, and the masses too; like a 'win-win'.
He would have been a far better President than the current incubent president..
But due to where he came from ..he won't..too bad
He main weakness is greed..and that is what Landed all of us in where we are today...greed ...but he has a good mind and clear vision...
Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by banmee(m): 1:41pm On Jul 16, 2016
princetom1:

*Cough* Assuming that lady is ur wife or sister and Melaye truly utter those words, will u still reason this same way? Thank God i wasn't there, but Melaye seems guilty, plus his history with ladies. Woman are to be respected, either ur wife, mom, sister or not. God help us

Nicedas is from a pre historic era where dinosaurs walked and ruled the earth.
Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jul 16, 2016
onatisi:

Pls boss kindly enlighten me more ,I love to learn

Ok Sir, not too long ago I became friends with two smart and beautiful sisters, 1st class education from good schools abroad, you know what? Their parents never paid one kobo for their education, everything was covered by the late Saraki, their dad ended up dedicating his entire life in service to the Saraki dynasty.

I know a guy, he's a tailor, as we speak he is a member of one of the state house of assemblies. How did it happen? During one of the elections, the rep that was chosen in the area was rejected by the people in that area, so they protested at the godfathers house, he came out, heard their complaint, pointed to the guy, asked him what he does for a living, asks him if he will like to go to the house, at that spot he chose him.

This third example is a person I know very well, he was so broke that even as small boys back in the days we used to drop change for him. By chance at an occasion he meets this Governor from a state in the south west, I think a rally in the governor's hometown. The Governor looks at him and says "you look like a person that's suffering" he answers Yes sir, I am suffering. Weeks later he gets the contract to supply ambulances to the government, my brother you don't want me to tell you the projects he executed after that and the type of life he lives now.

You see to build this cult like followership this leaders grant favours that make these people owe them their entire existence. It goes beyond food and small cash, it's more of life changing opportunities. In Nigeria's history, Awolowo, IBB and Tinubu and maybe OBJ have mastered this trick.

Do you know the number of people that have quality University education today cos of Tinubu, people whose businesses have been largely impacted. If you see Jimi Agbaje tomorrow ask him how much he benefitted from supplying drugs to Lagos State hospitals, ask him why as a PDP aspirant he had to first go to Tinubu for blessing before the election.

As terrible as Adedidibu was, beyond cooking for his thugs everyday, do you know what he did for their wives and children that they were willing to die for him?

My brother it's a long story, but trust me when you give a man who only dreams of 100 naira a million naira and you also take care of the people close to him, he will be willing to kill for you.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by Moneytize: 1:44pm On Jul 16, 2016
Izonpikin:
they fail to understandthat their gullibility made tinubu who he is...and then they come back online to praise him...meanwhile the tinubu would be laughing them for their gullibility...

Shame on us nigerian youths...I only envy leaders who are ready to die for the masses...others can go to hell for all I care... angry
But Jonathan is your hero?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by Charles4075(m): 1:44pm On Jul 16, 2016
raumdeuter:

In one mouth you say Yorubas are not letting you go, In the other post you are saying you would not relocate.

Is anyone more confused than you lots? We know you are scared of moving back to your cursed land, a land so barren that its red, a land so cursed that its people flee from it, A land that eats its people, A land where the inhabitants cannot excel unless they flee elsewhere.

Its not our fault, go and beg your chi to bless your land. I think its women that tie wrapper, I also know confused men with no cojones also tie wrapper. Do you also wear bra and lipsticks?
Jesu. All these yabs for only one person Oga take am easy na. Una see each other for dream?

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by 7lives: 1:46pm On Jul 16, 2016
omenka:
Meaning

grin grin grin It means you shall be honored, your brain will not scatter, you and some of us that appreciate Tinubu will eventually grow bigger than Tinubu in our own field, 'cause when a child KNOWS HOW TO WASH his or her hands, such child will eat with the elders. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by opribo(m): 1:50pm On Jul 16, 2016
OP you are damn wrong, he is not as powerful as you are imagining infact need I say his power does not go beyond Lagos state. Based on the cosmopolitan nature of the state he seems very popular but trust me he has been effectively check mated in the new dispensation. He was cleverly used to execute the last election victory and that is where his work ended he will be needed maybe again in 2019 to come and shout broom broom broooooom.
Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by 7lives: 1:52pm On Jul 16, 2016
Olabestonic001:

And he couldn't deliver 55% vote for APC in the election? Stop making unfounded statements over there. To me, those who gave 70% and above to any party are the ones suffering from Acute Slave Mentality.

grin grin grin grin FINITO, this punch is a knockout.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by Izonpikin: 1:54pm On Jul 16, 2016
Moneytize:
But Jonathan is your hero?
gej isn't my hero....no Nigerian leader is my hero. .They are all bunch of demons who have taken us aback... angry

Nonsense...
Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by Izonpikin: 1:59pm On Jul 16, 2016
Olabestonic001:

they are all suffering from acute slavery mentality..All of them...All who ever voted..
Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by onatisi(m): 2:09pm On Jul 16, 2016
efreaky:

Ok Sir, not too long ago I became friends with two smart and beautiful sisters, 1st class education from good schools abroad, you know what? Their parents never paid one kobo for their education, everything was covered by the late Saraki, their dad ended up dedicating his entire life in service to the Saraki dynasty.

I know a guy, he's a tailor, as we speak he is a member of one of the state house of assemblies. How did it happen? During one of the elections, the rep that was chosen in the area was rejected by the people in that area, so they protested at the godfathers house, he came out, heard their complaint, pointed to the guy, asked him what he does for a living, asks him if he will like to go to the house, at that spot he chose him.

This third example is a person I know very well, he was so broke that even as small boys back in the days we used to drop change for him. By chance at an occasion he meets this Governor from a state in the south west, I think a rally in the governor's hometown. The Governor looks at him and says "you look like a person that's suffering" he answers Yes sir, I am suffering. Weeks later he gets the contract to supply ambulances to the government, my brother you don't want me to tell you the projects he executed after that and the type of life he lives now.

You see to build this cult like followership this leaders grant favours that make these people owe them their entire existence. It goes beyond food and small cash, it's more of life changing opportunities. In Nigeria's history, Awolowo, IBB and Tinubu and maybe OBJ have mastered this trick.

Do you know the number of people that have quality University education today cos of Tinubu, people whose businesses have been largely impacted. If you see Jimi Agbaje tomorrow ask him how much he benefitted from supplying drugs to Lagos State hospitals, ask him why as a PDP aspirant he had to first go to Tinubu for blessing before the election.

As terrible as Adedidibu was, beyond cooking for his thugs everyday, do you know what he did for their wives and children that they were willing to die for him?

My brother it's a long story, but trust me when you give a man who only dreams of 100 naira a million naira and you also take care of the people close to him, he will be willing to kill for you.
Fantastic analysis. Accurate and spot on. I have surely learned a lot .

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Oshiomhole Betrayed Oyegun And Tinubu – Fayose (DETAILS) / President Buhari Visits Prince Charles In Scotland (Photos) / Bayelsa APC Youths Condemn ‘attack’ On Justice Odili

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.