Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Its 2020 UEFA Champions League Final! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Its 2020 UEFA Champions League Final! (940 Views)

Japan Unveils N324m Mobile Mosques To Welcome Muslim Fans During 2020 Olympics / 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League / Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Its 2020 UEFA Champions League Final! by anochuko01(m): 10:50am On Jul 16, 2016
Good evening,
After loads of games, greats goals, memorable moments and a handful of dramas that would be perfect for a blockbuster, we've finally reached the final of the 2020 UEFA Champions League. Its been a fantastic tournament, mainly because of how these two teams fought their ways to the finals.

Arsenal have surprisingly progressed to this stage defeating the likes of Bayern Munich and Barcelona. United however had an easy run against a depleted Madrid side who were without neymar and morata in the return leg due to suspension and injury respectively.

Also, still fresh in our minds is the quarter final second leg fixture between the two Manchester clubs which ended with five red cards, nine yellow cards, guardiola's torn trouser, and mourinho getting a match ban for calling Guardiola a ''bloody wailer'' during his press conference.
Arsenal wrapped up the EPL title a forth night ago, and her hoping to win their first UCL trophy. We just hope Wenger is watching from wherever he is, as his whereabout is still unknown after he was kidnapped by a group of arsenal supporters during his visit to Asaba, Nigeria two years ago because he refused to step down as the manager.

This year's final is a historic one, as its the first time UEFA would be taking its competition outside of Europe. Ladies and gentlemen, you're welcome to the Aba International stadium, home of reigning Nigeria premier league champions, enyimba international fc. Its been reported that there are ten generators on standby, as well as 33,000 litres of diesel. We don't know why!

TEAM NEWS:
ARSENAL: 4-2-3-1
Szczęsny, Belerin, Chambers, Gabriel, Gibbs, Xhaka, Crowly, Apkom, Zelalem, Iwobi(C), Ihenacho
Subs: Martinez, Utimi, Rodriguez, Gnabry, Coquelin, Ox, Welbeck
Coach: Diego Simione

MAN-UTD: 4-3-2-1
De-Gea, Blakett, Varane, Baily, Shaw, Pogba, Janujaz, Lingaard, Martial, Griezman, Rashford.
Alampasu, Rojo, Pereira, Smalling, Wilson, Schneiderlin, Kean
Coach: José mourinho.

Its about 30 mins to kick-off...Let's take some tweets.

-Lala Ogochukwu (@lalasticlala)
July 10, 2016
30 minutes to go! At Bet9ja's shop now... Under 2.5 all the way!!!!

-Seun (@Mallam's_Pikin)
Watching from home with base! Walahi, If mourinho no win this match, make I baff naked.

-Obi Mohammed (@Obinoscopy)
Live at Aba Stadium! Hustling things on point...!

Here comes the players! It’s almost time for business!
“I’m nothing if not magnanimous,” says smellymouth, our Nairaland correspondent.
“Although it would be a lovely story for Arsenal to finally win a UCL trophy, I really want Mancester United to do it. My wife is an Arsenal fan, and I don't want her to syart demanding money from me in the name of celebration. And that my colleague at work! Ah, he's not gonna let me be in peace.

Its Kick Off!
5 mins.... This is the slow start we expected. With Arsenal playing the ball around aimlessly.

10 mims... Griezman is being booed whenever he touchs the ball. He looks a little overwhelmed at the moment and needs to get into the game realy quick. So much is expected from the reigning footballer of the year.

15 mins... Manchester are playing with ten men behind the ball. Well, its been the usual case ever since Mourinho took charge. I believe we can all recall how they played 10 men behind the ball against a 9 man relegated Leicester City during last years FA cup final.

20 mins... A one-two between iwobi and apkom around the 18 yard box, iwobi threads a through ball to iheànàçho....he takes a shot......! De Dea makes a a fine save to turn it out for a corner

21.... Crowley swings in the corner, and a header from Apkom....it hits the cross bar but finds its way into the net. its a Goal for Arsenal! The Arsenal fans are going crazy in the stands, and a fan can be spotted running across the length of the pitch! He can be seen wearing an APC branded T-shirt...we're trying to figure out what APC stands for....perhaps he could be trying to send a message across to the world.

35 mins... United are presently on the back foot... They've not really gotten into this match. Arsenal are currently passing the ball around United's area... Pogba intercepts a pass and sends a long pass to Griezman on the half way line... Giezman dribbles past Xhaka and sends a pass across to Martial.... Martial shooooots! But what a save from scechezny! He quickly sends a long throw to Zelalem who passes to Iwobi on the left...Iwobi cuts inside the field and sends an inviting cross to Iheanacho, what a header! Its a gooooooaaaal!
A second goal for arsenal! Its 2-0 to Arsenal.

40 min.... The Nigeria arsenal fans are really going crazy.... We can hear chants of ''Izobu, eyimba eyi'' We wish we know what that means! By the way, the fan who ran across the pitch earlier on was arrested by the police, and his name is Mynd44

45 min..... An array of attack from United, but they've only been able to get a corner kick now. Janujaz takes the corner...and Gabriel Gabriel handles the ball in the box. Its a penalty! Griezman steps up to it, and its a Goal! 2-1
HALF TIME!

53 min.... Substitution; Kean comes on for Martial. Martial has been anonymous in the match really.

60min.... Kean is brought down at the edge of arsenal's penalty box but the referee waves play on! Mourinho is frustrated at the touchline and can be seen banging his head againt the dugout, and shouting at the fourth official.

70 min.... Substitution; Coquelin replaces Zelalem.

79 min.... Pogba sends a long pass over the top to Griezman who knocks down to the path of Kean Kean takes it on a half voley! Goooooooal! Its now tied at 2-2. We want to believe Arsene Wnger's clone is around the corner. How on earth would they concede a two goal lead! That was an awful defending from them.

80 min.... There's currently a power outage at the brown roofed South-West part of the stadium. Hopefully its restored early enough to avoid other stuffs.

85 mins.... United on the attack again as Griezman dribbles past two Arsenal players. He's been the star of this match. He fires from distance but its deflected for a corner. The fourth official signals an additional four minutes.

88 min.... Janujaz swings in the corner and pogba connects with a towering header but Gibbs stops the ball from goal with his hands. Its a penalty.

89.... Penalty to United amd a red card for Gibbs! Simeone is brauling at the lines man o the touchlime. This match is surely over now.

90 min.... Griezman steps up to take it...and its a, Oh no! He hits the cross bar! Gabriel clears it out to the path of Apkom who races towards the by-line, he squares it to Iheanacho, he hits it.....what a save by De Gea for a corner kick.

93 min.... Iheanacho takes the corner, Griezman tries to clear it out, but he miss kicked it into his own net! Its an own goal from Griezman! Arsenal leads! Its 3-2 to the Gunners!

The referee signals the end of the match! Ladies and gentlemen, Behold the winners of my 2020 fantasy Champions Leagues! ARSENAL FC!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Its 2020 UEFA Champions League Final! by donefesco(m): 11:14am On Jul 16, 2016
hmm
Re: Its 2020 UEFA Champions League Final! by Lily4star(f): 11:26am On Jul 16, 2016
Iwobi threads a through ball to Iwobi...

You try sha
Re: Its 2020 UEFA Champions League Final! by anochuko01(m): 12:57pm On Jul 16, 2016
Lily4star:

You try sha
lol the commentator made a mistake...
Re: Its 2020 UEFA Champions League Final! by olasubomi007(m): 1:23pm On Jul 16, 2016
Creative....

Cc: Lalasticlala
Re: Its 2020 UEFA Champions League Final! by MidasTouche01(m): 1:43pm On Jul 16, 2016
Creative...

But u surely got a lot of free time on ur hands....
Re: Its 2020 UEFA Champions League Final! by aadvark: 2:32pm On Jul 16, 2016
Lily4star:

You try sha
And Martial could only score after he was subbed off. allrice. . . .
Re: Its 2020 UEFA Champions League Final! by stiflerdrug: 3:14pm On Jul 16, 2016
Lol see dreams grin grin even 3016 arsenal no go reach finals
Re: Its 2020 UEFA Champions League Final! by anochuko01(m): 4:38pm On Jul 16, 2016
MidasTouche01:
Creative...

But u surely got a lot of free time on ur hands....
not really...coz i finished it after three days.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Its 2020 UEFA Champions League Final! by anochuko01(m): 4:39pm On Jul 16, 2016
stiflerdrug:
Lol see dreams grin grin even 3016 arsenal no go reach finals
my brother, ''dream'' is the only place arsenal can win the UCL. its just a pity I'm a fangrin

1 Like

Re: Its 2020 UEFA Champions League Final! by anochuko01(m): 4:40pm On Jul 16, 2016
aadvark:
And Martial could only score after he was subbed off. allrice. . . .
lol...modified. upon say I look am over and over again o!
Re: Its 2020 UEFA Champions League Final! by aadvark: 5:13pm On Jul 16, 2016
anochuko01:

lol...modified. upon say I look am over and over again o!
lol, i understand bro, none is perfect

1 Like

Re: Its 2020 UEFA Champions League Final! by pendalicious(m): 5:52pm On Jul 16, 2016
what a nice creative job and hope it happens that way for arsenal and I like the fact that pogba and griezman played for man utd and simeone coached arsenal good work .
Re: Its 2020 UEFA Champions League Final! by stiflerdrug: 6:10pm On Jul 16, 2016
anochuko01:
my brother, ''dream'' is the only place arsenal can win the UCL. its just a pity I'm a fangrin
Chai lol.. Just manage one day miracle wee happen grin
Re: Its 2020 UEFA Champions League Final! by anochuko01(m): 6:48pm On Jul 16, 2016
pendalicious:
what a nice creative job and hope it happens that way for arsenal and I like the fact that pogba and griezman played for man utd and simeone coached arsenal good work .
thanks bro kiss

(1) (Reply)

Enyeama, Mikel, Moses Betrayed Me –sunday Oliseh / Brazil Striker Neymar Being Tackled To The Ground By Pitch Invaders (PHOTOS) / Check Out This Free Daily 2+ Odds That Acutally Enters..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.