Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,491 members, 7,770,204 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:20 AM

Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< (42520 Views)

Unbelievable! Supercomputer Predicts The Winner Of UEFA Champions League / D'tigress Reach Afrobasket Quarterfinals / Fantasy Premier League 2017/2018 League Code! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by Opinionated: 2:31pm On Mar 17, 2017
We are getting to the business-end of the Champions League and many of the usual suspects in recent years are still around with a few interesting teams remaining in the competition. Here are my thoughts on the quarterfinals:

Atletico Madrid vs. Leicester City

Going by Diego Simeone’s impressive record in this competition which has seen Atletico reach 2 finals in the last 3 years, it is difficult not to pick them to advance against gutsy Leicester City. It is not like Leicester do not have a chance, afterall they just knocked-out Sevilla which is a very good Spanish team. However, there is something about Atletico Madrid in the Champions League that makes them very hard to beat over 2 legs.

Dortmund vs. Monaco

I am sure football fans around the world are rubbing their palms with glee over this one. 2 attacking sides going head-to-head with Pierre Emerick Aubemeyang coming up against Radamel Falcao and company. This is a tie both sides can win and they will fancy their chances but I am giving Monaco the edge in this tie because they have shown a lot more consistency in the French Ligue 1 this season than Dortmund have in the Bundesliga. Consistency may just be what separates the 2 sides, I will not be surprised if this tie ends 11-11 on aggregate.

Bayern Munich vs. Real Madrid

There isn’t likely going to be much fear here as 2 of European football’s heavyweights clash. Carlo Ancelotti will be returning to his previous team which is still largely unchanged from when he was around with a Bayern team that seems intent on annihilating any opposition home or away (just ask Arsenal). However, it is rare to have Real Madrid enter a tie as underdogs and I do not see them as such. This tie could be one of fine margins with some star missing a great chance or scoring a great goal being the difference. If I have to go for a winner though, it will be Bayern despite the presence of Bale, Benzema and of course World Footballer of the Year, Cristiano Ronaldo in the Real Madrid team.

Juventus vs. Barcelona

Barcelona really should not be here but they are and as such, I have to say they are favourites, how will Dani Alves cope with playing against his Barca friends? Juventus are a very good team and can match any team in Europe on their day. However, Barcelona are not likely to be complacent after their close shave with defeat against PSG. Paulo Dybala and Gonzalo Higuain might think they have a chance but with Luis Suarez, Neymar and Messi showing that they have the grit to go with their incredible talent, I find it difficult to see how Juventus can defeat them over 2 legs.

source:http://www.opinions.ng/analysis-uefa-champions-league-2017-quarterfinals/

cc lalasticlala, mynd44

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by Nobody: 2:37pm On Mar 17, 2017
This is something to look forward to especially bayern vs real madrid!!!!!......#anticipate.....finally first to comment on nairaland and on this great post....now i know what nairalanders feel (talking from experience)....

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by veekid(m): 2:38pm On Mar 17, 2017
The end of the road for Leicester and Madrid

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by MrPRevailer(m): 2:38pm On Mar 17, 2017

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by Histrings08(m): 2:38pm On Mar 17, 2017
Great draw all round...

2 Likes

Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by Nobody: 2:38pm On Mar 17, 2017
I'll be rooting for leicester city cuz they are the only EPL club still in the competition.
And I want Real Madrid out for real. undecided
They won it last season, they cannnuh make history this year.. NO.

And well... if leicester city doesn't make it, I will be rooting for my fav La'liga club, Athletico Madrid. kiss

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by biikeys(m): 2:38pm On Mar 17, 2017
Bayern v Real!

1 Like

Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by biikeys(m): 2:39pm On Mar 17, 2017
Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by coolshegs10(m): 2:39pm On Mar 17, 2017
grin this is gonna be hot. Juventus vs Real Madrid. Guys wey dey play bet, abeg be careful with this one o. The match go make sense.

This is should be a walkway for Barcelona o, Juventus is our boy cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by ghands(m): 2:39pm On Mar 17, 2017
Real Madrid will win the Champions League this season. That's all!

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by akanji1: 2:39pm On Mar 17, 2017
dkam:
thih is hot!!!!!

You mean to say it's cool huh grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by cbngov01(m): 2:40pm On Mar 17, 2017
Great analysis....however, I think Leicester can surprise atletico.they play the same counter attack pattern and with Leicester being the undisputed underdogs,I see them 'doing a Leicester' like last season

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by thunderbabs: 2:40pm On Mar 17, 2017
This one is strong....eleyi gidi gan

I say, this one is strong shocked

1 Like

Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by malton: 2:40pm On Mar 17, 2017
cool

I wonder why people are making a lot of fuss about Leicester City's victory over Sevilla.

Their victory was down to Seville's shambolic defending and poor finishing over both legs than their magnificence.

What most people don't seem to know is that Sevilla has struggled of late for domestic form. Leicester's victory did not come to me as a surprise.

However, Atletico Madrid is a different ball game. I see them dispatching Leicester with ease, the exception being that Leicester ride their luck, for which there's not much chance.

On Madrid-Bayern, while I hate anything Madrid, I won't write them off. They seem to always find their way around the Bavarians regardless of the form they are in. So, current form does not factor in here. Anybody can win this one.

As a Barca fan, it's hard to analyze this one without being biased.

On the Dortmund-Monaco one, Monaco may just nick it due to their talent, strength, and character.

Overall, it promises to be four thrilling ties. And whatever happens, may the best teams win!

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by mohciz69(m): 2:40pm On Mar 17, 2017
This is serious
Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by toyinjimoh(m): 2:40pm On Mar 17, 2017
nice games...but I would 've love to see barca vs baryern
Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by Horlawale1(m): 2:40pm On Mar 17, 2017
Forca barca

3 Likes

Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by Drienzia: 2:41pm On Mar 17, 2017
When I see some comments and analysis, I just smile, obviously u guys don't know ATmadrid.. It would av been better if Leicester plays any amongst the 6 other teams than ATmadrid... Even Barca prefers playing juve and Bayern prefers playing Realmadrid than ATmadrid... I love Leicester but, winning ATm in the UCL is very impossible, its even more difficult than barca winning PSG in the roun16 2ng leg...

To crown it all, My signature says it all, Been saying it since the beginning of the Season

12 Likes

Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by dessz(m): 2:41pm On Mar 17, 2017
thunderbabs:
This one is strong....eleyi gidi gan

I say, this one is strong shocked
monikpé eleyi gidi gan cool

3 Likes

Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by Trust2001(m): 2:41pm On Mar 17, 2017
Madrid fans right now are like bye-bye madrid instead of their usual hala Madrid

Força Barça

20 Likes

Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by dammywapes(m): 2:41pm On Mar 17, 2017
it might b leicester madrid

1 Like

Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by Arewa12: 2:41pm On Mar 17, 2017
Li
Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by sotall(m): 2:42pm On Mar 17, 2017
ok
Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by spartan117(m): 2:42pm On Mar 17, 2017
Barca will win!

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by sagod: 2:42pm On Mar 17, 2017
Ok. Noted.

2 Likes

Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by bush112(m): 2:42pm On Mar 17, 2017
nice
Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by maxiuc(m): 2:42pm On Mar 17, 2017
YNWA champions league loading....................

5 Likes

Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by SageTravels: 2:42pm On Mar 17, 2017
Welcome to champions League

Hala Madrid!

8 Likes

Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by HIRAETH: 2:42pm On Mar 17, 2017
Barcelona

5 Likes

Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by eluquenson(m): 2:42pm On Mar 17, 2017
Pretty cool
Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by churchkilo(m): 2:42pm On Mar 17, 2017
i see leicester come out the winner

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

World Cup: The Moment Argentina Goalkeeper, Caballero Did A Karius / Mike Tyson Drew With Roy Jones Jr In A Comeback Fight After 15 Years / Kelechi Iheanacho Undergoes Medical At Leicester City (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.