Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,272 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

Oshiomole Performed Miracles In Edo State as a Governor, Oba Of Benin Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomole Performed Miracles In Edo State as a Governor, Oba Of Benin Says (26007 Views)

Lots Of Policemen Deployed To Kano State As Kwankwaso Cancels Visit. Photos / Dino Melaye Compared To A Governor In Kenya On Twitter (Pictures) / When Whistle-Blowing Is More Lucrative Than Being A Governor (Hilarious Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomole Performed Miracles In Edo State as a Governor, Oba Of Benin Says by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jul 16, 2016

I wish you well, Crown Prince tells Obaseki
On July 16, 20166:07 pm

The Crown Prince of Benin Kingdom, His Royal Highness (Amb) Eheneden Erediauwa has wished the governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Mr. Godwin Obaseki well to be the next governor of Edo State.

During the visit of APC governors to the Crown Prince of Benin Kingdom in Benin City, Saturday, the Edaiken said it is not good to be in the opposition. The Edaiken who praised Governor Adams Oshiomhole said, “On behalf of the chiefs, the royal family and the Benin Kingdom, I want to specially welcome here the gubernatorial aspirant and his running mate, the one I call my son. He is always so shy. I don’t know how he is able to play politics.

I want to welcome all of you for coming here today. I am very delighted and honoured to see the chieftains of the APC, and we are sure that the state is moving on strong with the APC. I have always said one thing, and I have repeated and reiterated it over and over again that in Benin, the Benin Monarch is not partisan. However, it is not always too easy to be in the opposition with the party at the centre in Abuja.”

He continued, “So, when Adams Oshiomhole, the Comrade Governor took the reins of office here, and it was APC; the PDP was in charge in Abuja; we were all wondering: how is he going to do it? How is he going to get the attention of the federal government? How is he going to pool all the resources that he needs to work in the state? As you all know, he worked miracles. He did a lot of things which many people thought could not be done. Almost along the same line the Governor of Lagos State at the time also, Fashola. So, they were virtually like two brothers working together in the face of the opposition.”

He said, “So, we can only pray that may the Lord God almighty and our ancestors protect the gubernatorial candidates, give them the wisdom to put food on the table of the masses because for us, our first concern is the people, the masses, and of course, he will be a great respecter, like our comrade Governor, I said he should do better than him, to be a great respecter of the traditional institution.”

The Crown Prince added, “So, I want to thank you all very much and wish that the gubernatorial aspirant will do their best to improve on the Comrade Governor’s work in the State. It is going to be a lot of work to beat. He has set standards that other governors, they have to beat. I want to thank you very much, because I know the time is far spent and you are starting the campaign now. On behalf of our family, the chiefs, I want to wish you well.”

Speaking on behalf of the APC governors, the Chairman of Progressives Governors and Governor of Imo State, Mr. Rochas Okorocha said, “We are happy to be here because for every journey that has a beginning, it will have an end. And we have seen in sight an end to one journey, and hence we are rushing fast to introduce the remaining one. Adams Oshiomhole is one man in this country that you cannot afford not to count when you are counting the northerners. He has passion for Edo State. He has made his mark, but if after all these good jobs, there should be a continuation, so that we, as my brother rightly put it yesterday, that we will not go back to Egypt. Governance is the one that relates with the people. And for the whole party to have looked at all the candidates, not because he is the finest, not because he is the tallest, and have chosen him means that certain qualities of Adamism are in him. They started right and they said we should accompany him here. And the first to visit the stream takes the cleanest of the water.”

He said, “The manner in which he has kept this palace and dignified it, we are requesting that he will even do better. He will do same, and even do better, because in our party APC led by President Buhari, it is not a government of deceit. It is a government of reality. So, we pray that Edo people will give him support and we shall come here in November to say certain words to you.”

Earlier, Governor Adams Oshiomhole said, “We are here, your royal highness, to present to your highness, and we feel very privileged to be the first to present the very senior applicant to your highness. And we believe with your blessings and prayers, and knowing your commitment, the peace, security, development and continuous growth and development of this great kingdom, and indeed of the entire Edo State, and of which you know, your highness, we are unanimous. There is only one paramount traditional ruler in this great state.”

Oshiomhole said, “For me, therefore, it is a rare privilege that you granted us the honour and opportunity to present the person who is applying for my job. So, we are privileged to present to you Godwin Obaseki as our gubernatorial candidate for the September 10 election. We ask for your prayers, your blessings and all that you have done for me before, which I pray should be extended to him, because he himself must do much better than I was able to do.”

Among the Progressives governors that visited the Benin Crown Prince with Governor Oshiomhole were Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State, Simon Lalong of Plateau State, Nasir El Rufai of Kaduna State, Abdulahi Ganduje of Kano State, Mohammed Abubakar of Bauchi State as well as deputy governors of Niger, Nasarawa, Jigawa, Borno, Kwara, Kogi and Oyo states.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/wish-well-crown-prince-tells-obaseki/

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oshiomole Performed Miracles In Edo State as a Governor, Oba Of Benin Says by madridguy(m): 11:40pm On Jul 16, 2016
Ok
Re: Oshiomole Performed Miracles In Edo State as a Governor, Oba Of Benin Says by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jul 16, 2016
Oshiomole n obaseki #ugly

5 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Performed Miracles In Edo State as a Governor, Oba Of Benin Says by Yourskills(m): 12:11am On Jul 17, 2016
ok
Re: Oshiomole Performed Miracles In Edo State as a Governor, Oba Of Benin Says by Nobody: 1:46am On Jul 17, 2016
oluseyioba:
Oshiomole n obaseki #ugly

rubbish. We are talking of good governance you are typing trash.

64 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Oshiomole Performed Miracles In Edo State as a Governor, Oba Of Benin Says by TPAND(f): 4:07am On Jul 17, 2016
When you are on their payroll and you receive royalties, why won't you talk that way.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomole Performed Miracles In Edo State as a Governor, Oba Of Benin Says by eseosa77(m): 6:32am On Jul 17, 2016
TPAND:
When you are on their payroll and you receive royalties, why won't you talk that way.
I-diot you dare not talk to our monarch with that you rotten mouth.

76 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Oshiomole Performed Miracles In Edo State as a Governor, Oba Of Benin Says by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:47am On Jul 17, 2016
PDP Wasting Their Time In Edo State.....

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oshiomole Performed Miracles In Edo State as a Governor, Oba Of Benin Says by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:04am On Jul 17, 2016
lalasticlala this deserves The Front Page...

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oshiomole Performed Miracles In Edo State as a Governor, Oba Of Benin Says by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 17, 2016
TPAND:

Oba of Benin as a throne is known for truth. He is clearly stating d fact. Oshiomole open edo people eyes to what good governance means. Oshiomole is not perfect. For sure, Oshiomole enrich himself as a Governor to some extent. But d truth is dat, Edo state was also highly enrished. So edo state sees d wealth he made as an award of his good works. Edo people see it as a bonus given to him base on merit.

Edo people are smart and analytical people. Edo people are not people of hate. Edo people knows very well there is no governor that wont enrich himself to some degree in d current Nigeria with weak institution.

Edo people knowing this, Judge his performance within realistic nigeria context. And in dat context, Oshiomole have done excellently well. Oshiomole is leaving Edo state that is much better than d one he inherited or met

Every sincere non partisan edo men and women will never vote PDP. No normal non partisan edo man will vote Ize Iyamu knowing fully well his sponsors are traditional arm robbers and extreme blood suckers like Igbinedion, anenih and ikimi. ize Iyamu will only share edo money among them. In Edo state, PDP means share the money. Edo people dont considee ize iyamu as a pastor. The only area PDP can win in Edo state is Esanland(Edo central) because most of d strong PDP thieves are concentrated in Esanland. Most of the federal appointment in Edo state under GEJ were from Esanland. And also because PDP has chosen esan man as deputy governor. And also because the esan speaker was removed and replace by a benin woman married to esan man. She see herself as an Esan woman, but PDP politicians are inciting hate by saying being esan by marriage is not a true way to be an esan woman. So PDP is using campaign of hate, marginilization and victim campaign to incite Esan people against oshiomole. But the truth is dat about 40% of esan people dont care or buy the hate messagae because the message is coming from well known thieves from the region. However, Edo central has d lowest voting strenght in Edo state.

Godwin Obaseki will win d election by scoring atleast 60% of d vote because he is not a traditional politician. He is a man of brain. He is a strategist whose focus is industrialization of edo state. Most edo people are aware that edo state APC has lagos vision for edo state. They see d success of lagos as a template. And also Godwin Obaseki the APC candidate is being sponsored by Dangote to a large extent. Dangote is respected as an industrialist who used his closeness to govt for progress of d people. Most edo people are aware of this fact.
Edo people want factories and industries. They believe Godwin Obaseki strong connection with dangote will help in that regard.

110 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Oshiomole Performed Miracles In Edo State as a Governor, Oba Of Benin Says by greatiyk4u(m): 7:50am On Jul 17, 2016
It is well

1 Like

Re: Oshiomole Performed Miracles In Edo State as a Governor, Oba Of Benin Says by Nobody: 7:53am On Jul 17, 2016
Do u live in edo state?do u work in edo state?...do u know pple r being owed 17months salary?guy stop making we all here know u r nt enlighted...don't quote me again
tuale4u:

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomole Performed Miracles In Edo State as a Governor, Oba Of Benin Says by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:56am On Jul 17, 2016
oluseyioba:
Do u live in edo state?do u work in edo state?...do u know pple r being owed 17months salary?guy stop making we all here know u r nt enlighted...don't quote me again

Stop the lie.....Oshiomole is one of the governors who are not owing workers....

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oshiomole Performed Miracles In Edo State as a Governor, Oba Of Benin Says by JingoOAU(m): 7:58am On Jul 17, 2016
oluseyioba:

Please whoa re the people being owed 17th months salary?

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomole Performed Miracles In Edo State as a Governor, Oba Of Benin Says by Nobody: 8:04am On Jul 17, 2016
Local govts r owing...egor is being owed 17months..d remaining local govts r owed. Btw 4 to 14months.Wat was d gov doing?do u know dat d 1.3b bail out jus obtained from d federal govt is going to be used to pay pensions....pensioners r being owed about 12months
NgeneUkwenu:

Stop the lie.....Oshiomole is one of the governors who are not owing workers....

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomole Performed Miracles In Edo State as a Governor, Oba Of Benin Says by Nobody: 8:05am On Jul 17, 2016
Egor local govt r being owed 17months salary...All d local govts in edo state r owing....he hasn't paid pensioners since last year...Edo state applied 4 the recent bail out hope u know...only lagos state dint
JingoOAU:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomole Performed Miracles In Edo State as a Governor, Oba Of Benin Says by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 17, 2016
oluseyioba:

Stop typing lies. Edo state govt is not owing workers salary. Edo state workers get thier salary before 30th of every month. All state workers salaries are being paid and as when due.

Some local govt chairmen are owing local govt workers salary not Edo state govt.

Is like saying Bayelsa state workers who have not been paid by Gov Dickson are being owed by Federal govt.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomole Performed Miracles In Edo State as a Governor, Oba Of Benin Says by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 17, 2016
Dis dude dnt know wat he's talking about oh...guy go n get ur facts.....does the federal govt deduct from the state govt allocations..and to be sure u don't know wat u saying...dre r no more local govt chairmen,its the holgas now in control.....guy shut up n ask questions....dre is wat dey call political will....if oshiomole has this will,he shud grant local govt autonomy....u r jus a lil boy...gaan read ur books boy
tuale4u:

Stop typing lies. Edo state govt is not owing workers salary. Edo state workers get thier salary before 30th of every month. All state workers salaries are being paid and as when due.

Some local govt chairmen are owing local govt workers salary not Edo state govt.

Is like saying Bayelsa state workers who have not been paid by Gov Dickson are being owed by Federal govt.

13 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Performed Miracles In Edo State as a Governor, Oba Of Benin Says by ireneony(f): 9:47am On Jul 17, 2016
undecided i laugh in Chinese. .chi-wag grin
The miracle is high rate of unemployment, increment of schooe fees, shitty roads, non-payment of staff, increase in agberos grin...e.t.c

10 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Performed Miracles In Edo State as a Governor, Oba Of Benin Says by veekid(m): 9:48am On Jul 17, 2016
Oba don collect shoki

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomole Performed Miracles In Edo State as a Governor, Oba Of Benin Says by dahmie2013: 9:48am On Jul 17, 2016
Not bad though. D same thing he will tell pdp! D ppl with deir double mouth.

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Performed Miracles In Edo State as a Governor, Oba Of Benin Says by princeakins(m): 9:49am On Jul 17, 2016
People Deceiving Party... grin make una go catch bench jor cheesy

Where ma suya cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Performed Miracles In Edo State as a Governor, Oba Of Benin Says by ReabridCharles(m): 9:49am On Jul 17, 2016
Hahahahahaha..... I never knew Jesus was from the ancient city of Benin.

What is the miracle he did? Is it not the same path other politicians followed that he followed?

We will give you good roads
Water
Electricity
Healthcare
Education......

Same old story and we always fall.
Nigerian populace cheap pass ash-a-*-o
Nigerian governor, miracle workers

Bullshit!!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomole Performed Miracles In Edo State as a Governor, Oba Of Benin Says by HRich(m): 9:49am On Jul 17, 2016
How's that Possible when APC have already told us that they cannot Perform Miracle just like Nigerians are expecting?

Maybe He performed Miracle in your Palace

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomole Performed Miracles In Edo State as a Governor, Oba Of Benin Says by Freiburger(m): 9:50am On Jul 17, 2016
tuale4u:

See your head like coconut smiley

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Performed Miracles In Edo State as a Governor, Oba Of Benin Says by relino: 9:50am On Jul 17, 2016
TPAND:
Re: Oshiomole Performed Miracles In Edo State as a Governor, Oba Of Benin Says by Tonylyte(m): 9:50am On Jul 17, 2016
the oba is a joke and shouldnt be taken serious from now henceforth.
Marrying lara is not a wonder with the amount of money at his desposal.

6 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Performed Miracles In Edo State as a Governor, Oba Of Benin Says by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 17, 2016
Okay... grin
Re: Oshiomole Performed Miracles In Edo State as a Governor, Oba Of Benin Says by YourNemesis: 9:51am On Jul 17, 2016
Lol, where is that useless Edo boy that said their Oba was 'Apolitical"

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Performed Miracles In Edo State as a Governor, Oba Of Benin Says by addizzle(f): 9:51am On Jul 17, 2016
JingoOAU:

my grandma n her boyfriend tongue
JingoOAU:

my grandma n her boyfriend
Re: Oshiomole Performed Miracles In Edo State as a Governor, Oba Of Benin Says by princeakins(m): 9:51am On Jul 17, 2016
ireneony:
undecided

Do ur lips well na, somtin lik grin cheesy .....

u r finer dan undecided

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Oshiomole Performed Miracles In Edo State as a Governor, Oba Of Benin Says by Estimable(m): 9:52am On Jul 17, 2016
Bunch of lies, miracle indeed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

IGP: Anambra Election Must Hold, Those Who Attacked Odili’s Home In Our Net / Rivers Crisis: Winners & Losers In Fubara-Wike Peace Deal / Bisi Ibidapo-Obe Is Pregnant For Dino Melaye, He Wants Her To Abort It”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.