Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,740 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

IGP: Anambra Election Must Hold, Those Who Attacked Odili’s Home In Our Net - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGP: Anambra Election Must Hold, Those Who Attacked Odili’s Home In Our Net (26008 Views)

Police Arrest & Parade 14 Invaders Of Justice Odili's Home / Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home / "Election Must Hold In Anambra" - Asari Dokubo Counters IPOB Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

IGP: Anambra Election Must Hold, Those Who Attacked Odili’s Home In Our Net by Kwanza: 6:35pm On Nov 02, 2021
says Abba Kyari has not resumed work

Inspector-General of Police(IGP) Mr Usman Akali Baba, has vowed that the Police and other sister agencies would see to the success of Saturday election in Anambra.

The IGP, also refuted the news making the round in the social media that former Commander IGP’S Intelligence Response Squad (IRT), DCP Abba Kyari ,had resumed duty, saying that Kyari remains suspended.

The IG who was speaking yesterday in Lagos , during 2021 Capacity Building Workshop with the Theme: Internal security operations in a democratic dispensation, organized by Assistant Inspector-General of Police (AIG), Zone 2 Command, Onikan, Lagos, Mr Johnson Babatunde Kokomo, said he was affirmative that Anambra Election would be successful.

He said:” People should go out and exercise their franchise. We have provided two types of security in Anambra State. One,we are policing the election process to making sure that citizens excercise their franchise without molestation. Two, we are checkmating the activities of criminal elements like the Indegenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Eastern Security Network (ESN), and other criminal elements, who don’t want people to excercise their rights. I advise the citizens to go out and excercise their franchise as adequate security has been provided for them. I am very worried about the situation in Anambra, we are doing our best even though we need improvement”.

The IGP who cleared the air on whether suspended DCP Abba Kyari, has resumed work, said:” Kyari has not resumed . That is what I can say, he has not resumed.

On the raid on the Abuja home of Justice Mary Odili, he said the perpetrators have been arrested while the case was still being investigated to know their motives:” I had taken my time not to speak quickly, because I want to appreciate the situation so if I speak, I should be able to give Nigerians the the real thing that happened. For now, and to the best of my knowledge, we have been able to arrest the perpetrators and we are investigating”.

The IGP also confirmed the attack by bandits on University of Abuja, saying the six students were abducted, adding that the Force was after the bandits ,” we are after the bandits and we are going to rescue those who were abducted.Six persons were abducted and we are going to rescue them”.

Akali who spoke on the importance of the workshop said the importance can not be overemphasized as it was aimed at collaboration and synergy among the security agencies,” It is all about synergy,collaboration and cooperations among the security agencies. I thank AIG Kokumo,for this wonderful initiative. We will hear from resource persons; learn more from them and apply what we gathered to our day to day job of policing .

Ogu State Governor, Dapo Abiodun, who declared the two-day workshop open, said the laudable initiative of AIG Kokumo, was one of the best things that had happened to the two States of Lagos and Ogun,whose security agencies would benefit from the workshop,” the AIG has succeeded in bringing together the whole security agencies , including the police,Army , Navy, other paramilitary agencies and state approved security agencies. It will make up for more effective and efficient law enforcement agents.

” Security is not only arming security agencies with weapons, it goes beyond that. We need to engage our children and take them away from crime ,drugs cultism and other vices.We need to educate our youths and this will decrease the problems of insecurity in the country.”
His Lagos State Counterpart,Mr Babajide San-wolu, said the state would continue to assist the Force and other sister agencies through the State Security Trust Funds for effective policing of the State .

San-wolu,who was represented by Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Mrs Folashade Jaji ,said the workshop was apt as the country was facing serious security challenges .

Earlier, AIG Kokumo, said his reason for the initiative was borne out the current security challenges which needed serious inter agency cooperation and collaboration to tackle .

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/anambra-election-must-hold-perpetrators-who-attacked-odilis-home-in-our-net-igp/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IGP: Anambra Election Must Hold, Those Who Attacked Odili’s Home In Our Net by silvoclaira: 6:38pm On Nov 02, 2021
For real?

6 Likes

Re: IGP: Anambra Election Must Hold, Those Who Attacked Odili’s Home In Our Net by dallasi: 6:43pm On Nov 02, 2021
this man is a joker....six person were abducted close to the seat of power and you telling us trash..
so you dont have the mechanism to stop it from happening

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP: Anambra Election Must Hold, Those Who Attacked Odili’s Home In Our Net by ozome15(m): 6:49pm On Nov 02, 2021
This is what THEY call TALK FOR JUST TALKING, IN ORDER FOR IT TO JUST BE THAT HE TALK SOMETHING.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IGP: Anambra Election Must Hold, Those Who Attacked Odili’s Home In Our Net by sapientia(m): 7:04pm On Nov 02, 2021
Our IGP giving numerous report on the F ups and failures of the police

Who are the hoodlums sent by mallam Malami to assassinate Justice Odili, we need their names

You just arrested them so that the people who sent them will bring enough bribe

The case is dead and buried

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP: Anambra Election Must Hold, Those Who Attacked Odili’s Home In Our Net by AntiBMC(m): 7:05pm On Nov 02, 2021

On the raid on the Abuja home of Justice Mary Odili, he said the perpetrators have been arrested while the case was still being investigated to know their motives:” I had taken my time not to speak quickly, because I want to appreciate the situation so if I speak, I should be able to give Nigerians the the real thing that happened. For now, and to the best of my knowledge, we have been able to arrest the perpetrators

Oga shatap! Is Malami also in that selective net of yours or he is too big a fish to fry?

43 Likes

Re: IGP: Anambra Election Must Hold, Those Who Attacked Odili’s Home In Our Net by yinkus6750(m): 7:32pm On Nov 02, 2021
I hope the presence of security agencies will not instill fear in the people from coming out to vote?
I pray a peaceful election period and the right candidate emerges at the end of the day

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IGP: Anambra Election Must Hold, Those Who Attacked Odili’s Home In Our Net by ambale(m): 8:16pm On Nov 02, 2021
A nation that cannot even stay true to her constitution, why won't there be uproar everywhere

Everything is now militarized in this regime

Only God knows the sort of system of government we are running sef

Buharitocracy�.

6 Likes

Re: IGP: Anambra Election Must Hold, Those Who Attacked Odili’s Home In Our Net by Commotfornigeri: 9:28pm On Nov 02, 2021
lol

People are afraid of coming out, the major problem is, people are not afraid of the gunmen. On the contrary, a large % of people are scared on the nigerian army conveniently tagging them as ugm.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP: Anambra Election Must Hold, Those Who Attacked Odili’s Home In Our Net by Felabrity: 9:29pm On Nov 02, 2021
"Attack"?

When they were sent by you guys?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IGP: Anambra Election Must Hold, Those Who Attacked Odili’s Home In Our Net by Toscarel: 9:29pm On Nov 02, 2021
Oooh so they now agree what theybdid in odilis house was an attack.....show us the people, its not only wen u capture or kill ur so called IPOB u put them on display. Display this attackers ....
What of that attacked uniabuja?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP: Anambra Election Must Hold, Those Who Attacked Odili’s Home In Our Net by Ejlove4u(m): 9:29pm On Nov 02, 2021
OK
Re: IGP: Anambra Election Must Hold, Those Who Attacked Odili’s Home In Our Net by Felabrity: 9:29pm On Nov 02, 2021
Which net exactly?

1 Like

Re: IGP: Anambra Election Must Hold, Those Who Attacked Odili’s Home In Our Net by duduade: 9:30pm On Nov 02, 2021
Abeg IGP

Gerrooouuuuttttttt

2 Likes

Re: IGP: Anambra Election Must Hold, Those Who Attacked Odili’s Home In Our Net by Hotzone(m): 9:30pm On Nov 02, 2021
Good nob
Re: IGP: Anambra Election Must Hold, Those Who Attacked Odili’s Home In Our Net by Numerouno94(m): 9:30pm On Nov 02, 2021
Re: IGP: Anambra Election Must Hold, Those Who Attacked Odili’s Home In Our Net by ZendayaColeman(f): 9:30pm On Nov 02, 2021
Desperados.

Elections that doesn't affect lives of the commoners positively. Na mumu still dey vote for Nigeria heartless polithiefians

3 Likes

Re: IGP: Anambra Election Must Hold, Those Who Attacked Odili’s Home In Our Net by princepee: 9:31pm On Nov 02, 2021
Who and who have been arrested??
Give us names.
People are been abducted in Abuja the sit of power?
The chicken is coming home to roast .
Let them keep playing politics with security it will get to them soon

*Drops mic*

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: IGP: Anambra Election Must Hold, Those Who Attacked Odili’s Home In Our Net by Numerouno94(m): 9:31pm On Nov 02, 2021
Super story.
Re: IGP: Anambra Election Must Hold, Those Who Attacked Odili’s Home In Our Net by Greenbirth: 9:31pm On Nov 02, 2021
Since this government has decided to carry all the post give the Abokis. What do you expect. The raid on the Mary Odili house was purely from the handy work of Hausas because they know that she is in line for selection.

But they forget that nothing last for ever. Even Roman Government was later pulled down.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IGP: Anambra Election Must Hold, Those Who Attacked Odili’s Home In Our Net by chrixtoimoh: 9:32pm On Nov 02, 2021
Who and who dey the net

1 Like

Re: IGP: Anambra Election Must Hold, Those Who Attacked Odili’s Home In Our Net by gosillamani: 9:32pm On Nov 02, 2021
wawu
Re: IGP: Anambra Election Must Hold, Those Who Attacked Odili’s Home In Our Net by michlins(m): 9:33pm On Nov 02, 2021
Where's malami right now please?

This is innocent question

1 Like

Re: IGP: Anambra Election Must Hold, Those Who Attacked Odili’s Home In Our Net by DG50: 9:33pm On Nov 02, 2021
Investigation that will be sweep under the carpet

1 Like

Re: IGP: Anambra Election Must Hold, Those Who Attacked Odili’s Home In Our Net by Perfecttouchade: 9:34pm On Nov 02, 2021
Ok
Re: IGP: Anambra Election Must Hold, Those Who Attacked Odili’s Home In Our Net by ayoaro: 9:35pm On Nov 02, 2021
How come it is taking IGP many days to issue statement on the raid of Odili's home when it never took up to 24 hours before they paraded Igboho's aids. Something is fishy sir

1 Like

Re: IGP: Anambra Election Must Hold, Those Who Attacked Odili’s Home In Our Net by BlackPantherxXx: 9:35pm On Nov 02, 2021
grin

Andy Uba for the win.
Re: IGP: Anambra Election Must Hold, Those Who Attacked Odili’s Home In Our Net by TechNana(f): 9:36pm On Nov 02, 2021
Elections is now a must in Nigeria...

Do or die affair...
Re: IGP: Anambra Election Must Hold, Those Who Attacked Odili’s Home In Our Net by lacag: 9:36pm On Nov 02, 2021
Okay
Re: IGP: Anambra Election Must Hold, Those Who Attacked Odili’s Home In Our Net by Jibsy203(m): 9:36pm On Nov 02, 2021
Afonja terrorist should be hold responsible on every attack in de East
Re: IGP: Anambra Election Must Hold, Those Who Attacked Odili’s Home In Our Net by FORWARDEVERLY: 9:37pm On Nov 02, 2021
Election must hold whether Ipob members like it or not.. anyone that tries to disrupt it should be shot on the spot..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC Investigates Isa Yuguda's Mansion In Bauchi (Photos) / Senator Dino Melaye Visits Mandela Square Shares More Pictures / Only Buhari Can Sack Service Chiefs, Presidency Replies Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.