Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,361 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes (32190 Views)

Daddy Freeze Shares Mobile Bank App For Tithes And Offerings For Churches / "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" / The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by dejavubobo1(m): 8:48am On Jul 17, 2016
crunchyg:

Plz do you have a biblical reference to back this point, if yes I will be glad if you can share
if u truly a Christian did Jesus pay tithe ?... give selflessly not a certain percentage

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by komekn(m): 8:49am On Jul 17, 2016
Bro you have two questions two answer firstly.

What is the nature of the new testament church of Christ? in the context of the new convenant and practice as laid down in Acts, 1& 2 Timothy as well as in Hebrews.

Finally what then is the Synagogue it's nature, structure, practice and scriptural justification or relevance with regard to new testament scripture.

We understand all Old testament scripture in light of the new testament. Consider Hebrews 8:13.

I will expand on the question of tithing depth as we progress.
Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by BabaAduras: 8:50am On Jul 17, 2016
crunchyg:

Plz do you have a biblical reference to back this point, if yes I will be glad if you can share

The biblical section is Det 14. Read from verse 22. Your tithe is meant for your to be spend for merriment before God, you also to give to Widows, Strangers (less privileged) and Levis (Pastors and Church workers).

I have noticed no church ever refer to this section of the bible when they preach tithe.

3 Likes

Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by pumpy007(m): 8:52am On Jul 17, 2016
sunnyb0b0:

@op, Malachi doesn't define what tithe is and how to go about paying tithe. It only states the blessings and curses that go with tithe payment or non payment.

Deuteronomy 14: 22-29 is the portion that clearly states what tithe is, when and how tithe should be given and administered.

Deuteronomy 14:22-29New International Version (NIV)

Tithes
22 "Be sure to set aside a tenth of all that your fields produce each year. 23 Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine and olive oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the Lord your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere the Lord your God always. 24 But if that place is too distant and you have been blessed by the Lord your God and cannot carry your tithe (because the place where the Lord will choose to put his Name is so far away), 25 then exchange your tithe for silver, and take the silver with you and go to the place the Lord your God will choose. 26 Use the silver to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall eat there in the presence of the Lord your God and rejoice. 27 And do not neglect the Levites living in your towns, for they have no allotment or inheritance of their own.

28 At the end of every three years, bring all the tithes of that year’s produce and store it in your towns, 29 so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the foreigners, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands."

DO NOT BE SCAMMED.
you re scammn urself of God blessing
Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by Peritus(m): 8:55am On Jul 17, 2016
waltinnovers:

First of all let me correct the impression about the person that talked about orphanage, anything you give to them is a gift.
The tith Abraham give to Melchizedek, the one they give to Levi and the one given in the church are the same.
Melchizedek is a priest, Levi is a priest and the one you take to church pastor or priest will still receive it.
Even the idol worshippers give their tith to their idol priest.
The old line of priesthood has been abolished. Now we are all kings and priest, we dont need any other mediator apart from Jesus. As per tithing, it is no longer compulsory, and there are people entitled to it. They are those who actually need help like the Levites, widows, strangers, orphan. It is a sin to overlook ur hungry neighbour simply because u could not split ur tithe.
In this modern era, tithe should be for the growth of the church and helping the helpless, but pastors see it as extra source of income... salary for their services in church. I'll rather learn how to give all (like the early disciples) to those who are in need, than doing the otherwise.

3 Likes

Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by olucomf: 8:57am On Jul 17, 2016
Bro orphanage also a scam in Nigeria...
Vendoor:
If you must, pay to orphanage homes and help the less privilege on the street.
Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by uzolexis(f): 8:58am On Jul 17, 2016
Nosyke:

Hahaha. Hello Uzo

Hi dear smiley

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by Vendoor(f): 8:58am On Jul 17, 2016
olucomf:
Bro orphanage also a scam in Nigeria...

Big Lie embarassed

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 17, 2016
I have read through the comments here and I must say it is an eye opener, the question I want to ask is where is the STORE HOUSE of God where this tithe should be paid do dat there b food in his house

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by olucomf: 9:03am On Jul 17, 2016
Cybertext:
Pay your thite to your parents and part of it to the orphanage....

In how much salary..
Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 17, 2016
Vendoor:
If you must, pay to orphanage homes and help the less privilege on the street.

We (Nigerian pastors) don't agree with you grin

2 Likes

Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by jesussaves22: 9:08am On Jul 17, 2016
crunchyg:

mathew 25 vs 34 to end
Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by BabaAduras: 9:09am On Jul 17, 2016
pumpy007:

You or any Pastor do not have authority to pronounce how God will bless. It is Gods pirogative (his sovereign power). HE says " it is not for those that willeth or runeth, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy on". That is sovereignty of God over us.

It has nothing to do with my tithing or how much I do or contribute to the church. It is just the mercy of God which you or any Pastor for that matter have no control or influence.

Stop the scamming, Jesus or salvation is not for sale.

3 Likes

Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by alfredbisong: 9:11am On Jul 17, 2016
I remembered long time ago in delta state my elder brother left home n no one knows his whereabout 4 yrs, some one dash my mother money I don't know d exact amount bt d money would av been very useful to us then,my deeper life mum did something with d money, all efford to get my brother prove abortive,my mum challenge God by giving him all the money telling God to locate and bring my brother back home with his mighty power,my brother came back home the following day with my mum from Church service,I saw my lovely brother back home again,God is Good!!!tithes is good bt I don't see it as an obligation bt u can challenge God wt ur tithes or all u gat when u Want something from him

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by uuceemillz(m): 9:12am On Jul 17, 2016
crunchyg:

. ............................................According to the Law of Moses, the tithe was divided into three allocations. The first year, it was given to the Levite. The second year, it was given to widows, orphans and the poor. The third year, it was eaten in the company of the faithful before the Lord as thanksgiving for his faithfulness.
Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by MicroBox: 9:18am On Jul 17, 2016
After your tithe then pastor wife go shopping for private jet.... and snapping pictures under the tire hahaha

2 Likes

Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by Nobody: 9:19am On Jul 17, 2016
sunnyb0b0:

@op, Malachi doesn't define what tithe is and how to go about paying tithe. It only states the blessings and curses that go with tithe payment or non payment.

Deuteronomy 14: 22-29 is the portion that clearly states what tithe is, when and how tithe should be given and administered.

Deuteronomy 14:22-29New International Version (NIV)

Tithes
22 "Be sure to set aside a tenth of all that your fields produce each year. 23 Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine and olive oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the Lord your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere the Lord your God always. 24 But if that place is too distant and you have been blessed by the Lord your God and cannot carry your tithe (because the place where the Lord will choose to put his Name is so far away), 25 then exchange your tithe for silver, and take the silver with you and go to the place the Lord your God will choose. 26 Use the silver to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall eat there in the presence of the Lord your God and rejoice. 27 And do not neglect the Levites living in your towns, for they have no allotment or inheritance of their own.

28 At the end of every three years, bring all the tithes of that year’s produce and store it in your towns, 29 so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the foreigners, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands."

DO NOT BE SCAMMED.
Qed e dne tey i dey find where i read dis portion of bible
Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by basingstoke: 9:20am On Jul 17, 2016
ikombe:
I once read in the bible that tithes are not money given to the church by individuals but edible items which are to be given and later shared among people in the church to eat

Pastors been scaming people since 1918
ITS A LIE IT IS SINCE 1920 grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by IceDude(m): 9:22am On Jul 17, 2016
dearpreye:

Do as your spirit leads.

But why should your uncle be angry with you over your stance on tithe? Religion and its madness.

"I tire for he mata o" He is too religious for my liking. Last month he asked if i paid my tithe and i said no...He gave me this stern look as if am the worst sinner on earth.

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by obailala(m): 9:25am On Jul 17, 2016
uuceemillz:
. ............................................According to the Law of Moses, the tithe was divided into three allocations. The first year, it was given to the Levite. The second year, it was given to widows, orphans and the poor. The third year, it was eaten in the company of the faithful before the Lord as thanksgiving for his faithfulness.
Can you kindly point out the verses where this was explained?.... from my own little understanding of the tithing law in Deutronomy, it says the tithes should be paid every 3rd year and it should be a tenth of the increase in that same year (i.e. the 3rd year) and it should be given to the levites, widows, orphans, stranger etc. I'm not sure I understand your own explanation of 'first year to priests, second year to widows' etc

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by openmine(m): 9:27am On Jul 17, 2016
kennygee:

Levite's are full time pastors.

Tithes and offering in churches goes into different purposes and for payment of salaries to church officials, instrumentalist, widows, orphans and the needy, missions and missionaries, church maintenance and supplies.

Looks to me like you're more concerned with what the tithe will be used for than where you should pay it.

That already is a shadow of doubt. And if you're having that already, please don't pay a tithe. Just keep it.

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Is there a scripture for these assertions esp the highlighted?

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by seguno2: 9:29am On Jul 17, 2016
alfredbisong:
I remembered long time ago in delta state my elder brother left home n no one knows his whereabout 4 yrs, some one dash my mother money I don't know d exact amount bt d money would av been very useful to us then,my deeper life mum did something with d money, all efford to get my brother prove abortive,my mum challenge God by giving him all the money telling God to locate and bring my brother back home with his mighty power,my brother came back home the following day with my mum from Church service,I saw my lovely brother back home again,God is Good!!!tithes is good bt I don't see it as an obligation bt u can challenge God wt ur tithes or all u gat when u Want something from him

Why are you reducing God Almighty to the rank and level of an ordinary olopa policeman at a checkpoint in our country? Na olopa go ask you to drop something before he can open the checkpoint for you to pass. Not so?
Why do you MOCK God by debasing Him?
God said that He will favour whosoever He wants to favour.
How much did David BRIBE Him with before He asked Samuel to annoint him King over Israel.
How much did the woman with the issue of blood pay Jesus Christ before she was healed?
Let us stop using God's name to DEFRAUD our fellow human beings under any guise.
Shallom.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by Nobody: 9:30am On Jul 17, 2016
IceDude:
"I tire for he mata o" He is too religious for my liking. Last month he asked if i paid my tithe and i said no...He gave me this stern look as if am the worst sinner on earth.

I've been working for over 5 years. Needless to say, there has never been a month I've spent more than 20% on myself due to the needs of others I fulfil. I give to as many as I'm able to. And then because I don't dedicate a percentage as TITHE, then God will place a curse on me? No way. Just no way. That's by the way.

Your uncle has no right to berate you because you're not convinced about a topic. My Pastor knows I don't tithe. We are all adults and we should do only the things our spirit is at peace with. Just follow your conscience.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by addizzle(f): 9:30am On Jul 17, 2016
allanphash7:
No where else

Thighting is a scam !!!
Thighting is a day light robbery !!!
Thighting is only been paid by the gullibles !!!!

Who thighing epp seff?

Thighting ko loosen ni

do u reason at all before u speak?? how dare u say paying of tithes is a scam... pls kindly read d book of Malachi3:10..
Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by tonquendo4u(m): 9:31am On Jul 17, 2016
Tithing was quoted in d old testament.But our pastors and priests abuse it.D only thing I can say is that d secret of receiving is in giving out.Not in tithing.Our pastors run and quote Malachi 3:5 and rain curses upon d people that they rob God.Its unfair.they pick dt verse because it favours them.Go to Deuteronomy verse 14 from verse 22 to 29 and read 1st hand where God gave d instructions himself to d Israelites.Pastors scam us.If I start quoting,there are alot of quotations about tithes in d bible.but they don't quote it.They just pick Malachi.If tithing was a criterion for heaven,how come throughout Christs life,he didn't mention it?Even his disciples didn't say anything about it.In st Paul's letter to d Hebrews,he admonished them to help their neighbours.that he doesn't care about them giving him as he works for his food.Y then do pastors keep insisting u must give them one tenth of ur earnings?Its fraud.D emphasis is in helping ur fellow human beings.Even Christ himself emphasised on d criteria for heaven when he said that whatever u do to d least of ur brothers,u do unto him.D ten commandments were all centred on LOVE.if u have any question,I reply u with bible verses.Lets read d bible,know d bible and stop swallowing everything any pastor says hook line n sinker.U come to church now and that have tithing,sowing of seeds,offering,collections,all centered on bringing.What do they really give out to d people?
Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by waShine(m): 9:33am On Jul 17, 2016
crunchyg:
Yes I know so many people will quote Malachi where the bible say bring your tithes to the store house of God, does that mean that is the only way to pay our tithe, if you say so, then explain the other places Bible talked about tithe. In Hebrew bible talks about Abraham paying his tithe to Melchizedek and God also ordered other tribes of Israel to pay tithe to the tribe of Levi because they are not meant to work. So my question is where, who, how, what is the correct way to pay our tithe. Plz I need bible scholars to clear me in this, ur answers are highly appreciated
THE BEST, WELDONE AND WELQUOTE
Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by tonquendo4u(m): 9:33am On Jul 17, 2016
kennygee:

If he's helping people, it should not be from his tithe.

The tithe should be brought to God's house so there can be food. Tithes and offering in the times of the old testament was brought to the house of God as a token of appreciation and so there can be food for the Levites, this is because the Levite's were not allowed to work, their own work was to tend to the house of God as priests.

So they had a portion of these tithes and offeting to cater for themselves and their families.

Ask the holy spirit for directions. Its most important that you give cheerfully and not grudgingly or under compulsion.
Read deut 14 from 22 to 29.It was meant for d orphans,widows,and d priests because they have no inheritance.Now we even have bank managers as pastors.D bible was explicit on it.they were named because they have no work

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by openmine(m): 9:34am On Jul 17, 2016
HardMirror:

Pastors are pastors not levites.
A levite must be from the levi lineage.
I said read up on the early church. They never collected offerings or tithes all they collected were contributions when it's needed.

Paying tithe is just a smart way of ensuring people are enslaved and mandated to pay money to the pastors
I think the question to her sud be which scripture in the bible did God instruct or transform paul and other apostles to be a levite ....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by IceDude(m): 9:36am On Jul 17, 2016
dearpreye:

I've been working for over 5 years. Needless to say, there has never been a month I've spent more than 20% on myself due to the needs of others I fulfil. I give to as many as I'm able to. And then because I don't dedicate a percentage as TITHE, then God will place a curse on me? No way. Just no way. That's by the way.

Your uncle has no right to berate you because you're not convinced about a topic. My Pastor knows I don't tithe. We are all adults and we should do only the things our spirit is at peace with. Just follow your conscience.
Alrite, thanks

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by nathpope(m): 9:37am On Jul 17, 2016
Cybertext:
Pay your thite to your parents and part of it to the orphanage....

I neva imagined this theory until now....

U sure have a point about paying tithes to our (godly) parents....."godly" cos some parents r devil incarnate in dis world of ours...

Tnx Cybertext
Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by tonquendo4u(m): 9:38am On Jul 17, 2016
pumpy007:

Muslims don't pay tithes.Dangote is d richest man in Nigeria and he's a muslim.a lot of great men ain't Christians.They don't pay tithes.d secret of Gods blessings in in almsgiving.Not in any tithing.dont deceive urself.some people take tithes to church when their neighbour is hungry.Its a sin o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by nathpope(m): 9:41am On Jul 17, 2016
TrollTrap:

Tithing baba, haba grin

To the hungry, even watery feaces somtyms b lyk beans...

Devil don thighten d guy brain....he no sabi "which" is "wish"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. / Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting / 'I'm John The Baptist' - Kenyan ‘Prophet’ With 39 Wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.