Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:02 AM

Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting (32186 Views)

Pastor David Ibiyeomie Gets A Car As 55th Birthday Gift (Photos) / Why David Ibiyeomie Deserves More Than A Private Jet (picture) / Omega Power Ministry Shades Pastor Ibiyeomie (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by chokekachy: 5:39pm On Jan 09, 2023
Pastor David Ibiyeomie the founder and lead minister of Salvation Ministries in Port Harcourt, Rivers State capital, has banned his followers from enjoying their marital rights as the church commences twenty-one-day fasting.

Pastor Ibiyeomie on Sunday declared a 21-day fasting and prayer for the church.

To this end, he has ordered married couples in the church to suspend the consummation of their conjugational rights until the end of the 21 days of spiritual exercise.

Speaking during the church’s Sunday thanksgiving service for the year 2023, Pastor Ibiyeomie told his congregation that physical intimacy would not be allowed during the period of fasting, stating that abstinence from sex for only three weeks will not kill anyone.

Giving Bible references to back his claims, the cleric read recommended 1 Corinthians 7:5 for the couples.

The Bible scripture given by Pastor Ibiyeomi reads: “The wife’s body does not belong to her alone but also to her husband. In the same way, the husband’s body does not belong to him alone but also to his wife. Do not deprive each other except by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer, – 1 Corinthians 7:5”.

Pastor Ibiyeomi charged couples who believe they can break their fasting with food and sexual affairs for the day to stir clear from it.
According to him, such kind of mentality is associated with persons who wish to twist the Bible to gratify their fleshly lust.

“Abstain from sex this fasting season because I’ve heard people say, ‘My husband said that once we break since we eat food, we should eat this one too’! So, ah! I’ve heard it! As a pastor, they say please talk to my husband that we are fasting”, the cleric said.

https://independent.ng/ibiyeomie-bans-couples-from-having-sex-during-fasting/?utm_source=&utm_medium=%5Btwitter%5D

7 Likes

Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 5:43pm On Jan 09, 2023
chokekachy:

Pastor David Ibiyeomie the founder and lead minister of Salvation Ministries in Port Harcourt, Rivers State capital, has banned his followers from enjoying their marital rights as the church commences twenty-one-day fasting.

Pastor Ibiyeomie on Sunday declared a 21-day fasting and prayer for the church.

To this end, he has ordered married couples in the church to suspend the consummation of their conjugational rights until the end of the 21 days of spiritual exercise.
So finally he concedes that the starvation-diet ritual fasting exercises no dey do anything for anyone so that is why he wants to add sex deprivation to the ritual list. Next year, you will ask them all to shave their heads and they will do it too, those gullible numbnuts who listen to these men are unbeweavable lipsrsealed

85 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by TimT: 6:03pm On Jan 09, 2023
Lols... Religion in Nigeria is heavy oooo.....
But come to think of it, biblically, having sex during fasting is quite wrong, becoz the aim of fasting is to deprive yourself of the good things of the flesh....
Now the issues be say why have sex during fasting..?? Before fasting una no do?? After fasting una say Lai Lai e no go sweet.. na the one during fasting una want....

Arise O Compatriots..........

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Cypress042(m): 6:04pm On Jan 09, 2023
I've always known Ibiyeomie to be a very smart man, he banned only couples

So we the young guys are free to patronize olosho, dey play! sad

126 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by gaby(m): 7:10pm On Jan 09, 2023
Jesus of Arimathea, Rivers branch has spoken.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by beautyhd: 7:11pm On Jan 09, 2023
I think he should also add that for couples who can’t stay that long without sex should abstain from fasting so as not to give room to the devil.

Left to me, sex should be suspended during fasting.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by SmartPolician: 7:11pm On Jan 09, 2023
One of the biggest threats to marriages in today's Christendom is marrying ladies who obey their pastors more than their husbands.

These pastors should know their limits.

222 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Elzazzi: 7:11pm On Jan 09, 2023
cheesy
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by abobote: 7:11pm On Jan 09, 2023
But its not right to have sex during fasting

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by WiszyFraud: 7:11pm On Jan 09, 2023
undecided
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by FlawlessKarl: 7:11pm On Jan 09, 2023

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by lukency(m): 7:11pm On Jan 09, 2023
These people are funny ooh! Are you suppose to have sex when fasting? Hmmmm

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by JoeNL22(m): 7:12pm On Jan 09, 2023
Spread the word sir!
Let the unbelievers know.
Sir when will you declare your unwavering support for this enigma below?

Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by ryloy: 7:12pm On Jan 09, 2023
grin
Only couples.... singles ride on

4 Likes

Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Dpharisee: 7:12pm On Jan 09, 2023
I wanted to condemn him, then I saw the Bible verse that gave backing to what he said, so I don shut up

16 Likes

Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by nairadatti: 7:12pm On Jan 09, 2023
lukency:
is sex food ?

3 Likes

Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Buhari4sale: 7:12pm On Jan 09, 2023
He wan follow them go house?

He shouldn't have said this because he will be the topic for the couples while changing sex styles and they will angrily and annoyingly fvck the hell out of themselves.

Sex wey be say na him couple dey use plan, manage and reason Nigeria current hardship.

Ban ko, Buccaneer ni

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Andrewkinggg: 7:12pm On Jan 09, 2023
Husbands and wives ooo
lukency:
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by lomprico(m): 7:12pm On Jan 09, 2023
Sex is not a sin.

It's not bad if he preaches abstinence from it for those who can't do without it but banning it entirely because of the fasting season get as e be.

Let him also ban all manners of sin!

9 Likes

Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by axeman2(m): 7:13pm On Jan 09, 2023
Cypress042:
I've always known Ibiyeomie to be a very smart man, he banned only couples

So we the young guys are free to patronize olosho, dey play! sad
fornication is a terrible sin flee from it

5 Likes

Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by unclejb2(m): 7:13pm On Jan 09, 2023
Peter Obi is coming to Aso Rock with speed

1 Like

Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by superCleanworks(m): 7:13pm On Jan 09, 2023
He doesn't need to ban anything.

u wey dey for fasting and fuckq still dey hungry you simply means you are still comfortable and your need for SOLUTIONS is not greater than your need for pleasure which you can always have 247, you don't even need the fasting at all.

6 Likes

Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Angelfrost(m): 7:13pm On Jan 09, 2023
Banned?!!... As what exactly?!!

Well, I'm almost certain he never used such strong term... This blogger is just trying to sell a non-news!

3 Likes

Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by id4sho(m): 7:13pm On Jan 09, 2023
shocked
Warris dis, god of men undecided

1 Like

Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Wickedfact: 7:13pm On Jan 09, 2023
This is exactly the problem with religion in Nigeria. Since it is not regulated, anyone can wake up and say anything and expect people to follow sheepishly.

Even the Bible doesn't support what this man is saying.

Ibieyomie is quoting from the Old Testament.
The Old Testament where Ibieyomie is quoting from states that tithes and offerings are for Levites. Is Ibieyomie a Levite?
But he is collecting tithe in God's name and spending it on God's behalf.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jan 09, 2023
Fasting or no fasting, I dey climb my wife.

No be him go tell me wetin I go do. E no follow me pay brideprice!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by bewla(m): 7:14pm On Jan 09, 2023
No job
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by RichDad1(m): 7:14pm On Jan 09, 2023
Assistant god.
All these modern day Pharisees. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jan 09, 2023
But they can have sex to make babies and claim babies are gift, blessings from their sky God and that their sky God created the baby [human] crooked scamming tiff! and his gullible brainwashed fools.

2 Likes

Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by bewla(m): 7:14pm On Jan 09, 2023
Buddha3:
Fasting or no fasting, I dey climb my wife.

No be him go tell me wetin I go do. E no follow me pay brideprice!
Mouth Action
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Blacksavage: 7:14pm On Jan 09, 2023
Nawa ooh
grin grin
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by koolaid87: 7:14pm On Jan 09, 2023
tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

'I'm John The Baptist' - Kenyan ‘Prophet’ With 39 Wives / Prophet Marcus K.O. Tibetan's Prophesy For 2018 / Dialectics Of Violence And Morality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.